Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 20, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat rivalry!

Well hello, new transfer student. I kinda saw this coming though.
Dem magic explanations.

Oh and I also found their teacher kinda amusing to watch. Lol/5.
Jul 20, 2013 10:38 AM

May 2010
Nothing really unexpected, but Miyu was kinda funny.
Jul 20, 2013 10:42 AM

Feb 2009
Enter Miyu Edelfelt. She's not Luvia's relative though.

That part with Ruby and Sapphire explaining was just oozing with TM exposition and terminologies. From Odo to Heroic Spirits to Noble Phantasms. Loved it.

They padded out the scenes a bit here and had it end to the end of chapter 3 exactly but it was done well. It served that Miyu is a character to watch out in this show given how she's shown as the perfect student but is a real loner and takes this mission seriously.
Just that they're giving those 4 classmates too many screentimes. They don't get that prominent until 2wei. Oh well, more for the lolicons and more fuel for people to drop this.

Great episode. Looking forward to the next one as the next fight is pretty good.
Jul 20, 2013 2:06 PM

Jul 2007
belatkuro said:
Enter Miyu Edelfelt. She's not Luvia's relative though.

That part with Ruby and Sapphire explaining was just oozing with TM exposition and terminologies. From Odo to Heroic Spirits to Noble Phantasms. Loved it.

They padded out the scenes a bit here and had it end to the end of chapter 3 exactly but it was done well. It served that Miyu is a character to watch out in this show given how she's shown as the perfect student but is a real loner and takes this mission seriously.
Just that they're giving those 4 classmates too many screentimes. They don't get that prominent until 2wei. Oh well, more for the lolicons and more fuel for people to drop this.

Great episode. Looking forward to the next one as the next fight is pretty good.

I actually like that they focus more on them. When they actually became somewhat relevant in the manga I had the whole "who the hell are those characters" reaction.
Jul 21, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2009
Stark700 said:

Oh and I also found their teacher kinda amusing to watch. Lol/5.

That's Taiga for you xD.
Damn.It has been a while since i had to calculate the volume of an object with an integral.

Just like Taiga, i was like "what the fuck is that formula?"

kei78Jul 21, 2013 12:27 AM
bruh
Jul 21, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2013
Taiga was pretty funny in this episode.
Jul 21, 2013 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
nice episode :)
not sure how i feel about miyu, i don't really like her types.
and taiga's lessons were hilarious, lol @ elementary school girl drawing yaoi
Jul 21, 2013 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
This is so, so cliche. Enjoyable, but REALLY unoriginal. Doesn't even feel like it's trying to be something new, really.
Jul 21, 2013 11:36 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
ihateeveryone said:
This is so, so cliche. Enjoyable, but REALLY unoriginal. Doesn't even feel like it's trying to be something new, really.

Why does it have to be original? We can enjoy a pure magical girl series once and a while.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 21, 2013 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
wakka9ca said:
ihateeveryone said:

Why does it have to be original? We can enjoy a pure magical girl series once and a while.

Well.. maybe unoriginal isn't the right word. Bland seems to fit better. I mean, I watch/enjoy a lot of mahou shoujo that aren't original in almost every aspect, but they always have a little spice to them, y'know? This just feels very.. bland, in my opinion of course. I still enjoy it, but it's missing something.
Jul 21, 2013 12:42 PM

Feb 2013
loli ass
Jul 21, 2013 12:46 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode i guess? i mean the episode is nothing but an introduction for Miyu

But i wonder why they having such a slow pace when there are more things to cover later on. Not sure how they will fit everything else in 7 episodes and 4 cards left to capture. That means they are going to shorten other parts....

XenoiJul 21, 2013 12:53 PM
Jul 21, 2013 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
Xenoi said:
Great episode i guess?

But i wonder why they having such a slow pace when there are more things to cover later on. Not sure how they will fit everything else in 7 episodes and 4 cards left to capture. That means they are going to shorten other parts....

They are only covering the first season of manga with this season, with possibility of Kuro cliffhanger at the end.
Jul 21, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
Fai said:
Xenoi said:
Great episode i guess?

They are only covering the first season of manga with this season, with possibility of Kuro cliffhanger at the end.

I doubt they would do a Kuro cliffhanger. If they did i wonder how they would even start the second season if they decide to make one. Not sure if they would try to make a second season will all the cute and graphic

The problem i had with this episode is that they spent 1 episode just introducing Miyu. Well maybe its good to start off slow and go faster bit by bit. I thought this episode was kinda boring and the only interesting part was at the end when Miyu asks why she is collecting cards.
Jul 21, 2013 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
Any one else catch Taiga in the Kill Bill tracksuit?

Side note. Luvia's laugh is win.
Jul 21, 2013 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
The competition between Rin and Luvia is hilarious no matter how often i see it.
And now some competition between Miyu and Ilya mainly at school, tho the one most annoyed by it was Taiga who didn't seem to understand it herself.
Jul 21, 2013 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
LOL dat lesson...

cant wait for more battle
Jul 21, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2007
Xenoi said:
Fai said:
Xenoi said:
Great episode i guess?

I doubt they would do a Kuro cliffhanger. If they did i wonder how they would even start the second season if they decide to make one. Not sure if they would try to make a second season will all the cute and graphic

The problem i had with this episode is that they spent 1 episode just introducing Miyu. Well maybe its good to start off slow and go faster bit by bit. I thought this episode was kinda boring and the only interesting part was at the end when Miyu asks why she is collecting cards.

Either anime original scene or after-credits teaser flashforward to that character's first appearance, with the S2 starting the same way Zwei does and showing us how we get there. Quite a perfect seuqel-hook.
Jul 21, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2010
Homura v.2? Waiting for the loli yuri moments.

Kamina__ said:
loli ass

Yes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2013 9:05 PM

Dec 2008
Wasn't all that fond of this episode. Oh well. Hopefully the card fights start back up. I want to see Caster!
Jul 22, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2013
Miyu is very boring, even for her character type. Love her in battle though! Hope we get to see more soon.
Jul 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
Calculating the volume of a cone from first principles. She was doing it 5 years earlier than I did LOL And 6.09 seconds for 50m?! Not a chance can Illya beat her -- though I wish they at least showed that Illya is already almost super-human when it comes to running before showing this race.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 22, 2013 1:31 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode. Luvia getting kick in the face was hilarious.

"A mysterious transfer student appears, huh"
"You see this a lot in magical girls series"

I like how they broke the 4th wall there.

Sapphire's voice sounds familiar, I research a bit and that its the same VA
who voiced Kuuko from Haiyore Nyaruko series.

Taiga is damn funny. Miyu is rather interesting. I kinda like her magical clothing for some perverted reason. *ahem*

Anyway...episode number is a bit confusing. MAL says its 10 episodes while ANN its 12 episodes. Hoping it'll be 12. Because 10 is too damn short!
Jul 22, 2013 2:03 AM

Feb 2009
Magito said:
Anyway...episode number is a bit confusing. MAL says its 10 episodes while ANN its 12 episodes. Hoping it'll be 12. Because 10 is too damn short!
ANN always sets it to 12 episodes by default when they don't know the exact episode count yet.
And it's already known that there will be 5 BD volumes with 2 episodes each, for a total of 10 episodes. It's actually enough as it will only cover the first series that has 13 chapters + 1 epilogue.
Just hope for a second season.
Jul 22, 2013 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
Well, this time ANN has it wrong. That's it.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 22, 2013 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
Magito said:

"A mysterious transfer student appears, huh"
"You see this a lot in magical girls series"

I like how they broke the 4th wall there.

That's one of the upsides of having the lead character be anime otaku. Illya is the type of character who most likely has seen the entirety of CCS, Nanoha and Madoka and most likely spent whole time Madoka was airing posting speculations about it.

MelbShaw said:
Homura v.2?

This is to extent hilarious

And it would technically be Homura 0.5, since this was released before Madoka.
Jul 22, 2013 6:15 AM

Apr 2011
belatkuro said:
ANN always sets it to 12 episodes by default when they don't know the exact episode count yet.
And it's already known that there will be 5 BD volumes with 2 episodes each, for a total of 10 episodes. It's actually enough as it will only cover the first series that has 13 chapters + 1 epilogue.
Just hope for a second season.

symbv said:
Well, this time ANN has it wrong. That's it.

Aww...That sucks. Well I'm crossing my fingers for a second seaosn.
Jul 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
hah great episode ^^

can't wait for next :D
Jul 22, 2013 10:23 PM

Sep 2012
nice episode...

that Miyu has an advance knowledge than Taiga...LOL

love her innocent expressions....

xD
Jul 23, 2013 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
Oh my dat 4th wall : 0

Miyu is perfect XD

Ilya got some background on her line of work + Class Cards too.

Lol @ Taiga's reaction. Math, art and cooking class XD. I understood what Miyu did there during class

Will we see Gilgamesh Class Card?
Jul 23, 2013 3:51 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeFan500 said:
Oh my dat 4th wall : 0

Miyu is perfect XD

Ilya got some background on her line of work + Class Cards too.

Lol @ Taiga's reaction. Math, art and cooking class XD. I understood what Miyu did there during class

Will we see Gilgamesh Class Card?
Jul 24, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2007
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".
Jul 25, 2013 3:19 AM

Aug 2010
kaiten said:
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".

The crazy thing is they learn this at elementary school. Even I started learning integral calculation when I was in high school.
Jul 25, 2013 3:21 AM

Aug 2009
yusei_fudo said:
kaiten said:

The crazy thing is they learn this at elementary school. Even I started learning integral calculation when I was in high school.
They dont.That's why Taiga was all "wtf"?
Jul 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
Taiga was hilarious, and Miyua... SHE'S A REAL GENIUS XO
Jul 26, 2013 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
kaiten said:
Not always. Quite often they copied the math from some textbook and so the calculation is usually correct (unless they copied it wrong lol). Made-up math only occurs when it is about made-up science. Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I love to see the volume of a cone to be derived from first principles LOL

Jul 26, 2013 12:57 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode. I guess I have to wait next week for the action. Hopefully they will cover more of Miyu soon, since right now she is just too perfect and got the whole serious I can do it alone act. I'm curious on her whole reason of fighting.
Jul 26, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2007
symbv said:
kaiten said:
Not always. Quite often they copied the math from some textbook and so the calculation is usually correct (unless they copied it wrong lol). Made-up math only occurs when it is about made-up science. Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I love to see the volume of a cone to be derived from first principles LOL

That's still impressive.

The show staff did not assume its viewers are dumb "and won't understand it anyway" and they made sure it makes some sense instead of writing random stuff. At first it seems to be such a small stuff, but it actually shows that the staff does not hold the viewers for fools, which is more than refreshing, considering the stupidity one can find.
Jul 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
DivineTrinity said:
I'm curious on her whole reason of fighting.
This is gonna take long.Toooooo long.
Jul 26, 2013 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
DivineTrinity said:

lol.

Trying to explain ANYTHING from this show would take way too long. And yet it all makes sense. Truly part of nasuverse.

I pray to gods we get S2 and S3 adapted at some point in time.
Jul 26, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2007
ssjokg said:
DivineTrinity said:

Long as in it will take a whole episode, since they cover the whole card part well this ep, or do you mean I have to hope like everyone else that S2 and 3 gets adapted since it won't happen this season?
Jul 26, 2013 2:37 PM

Aug 2009
DivineTrinity said:
ssjokg said:
DivineTrinity said:

Long as in it will take a whole episode, since they cover the whole card part well this ep, or do you mean I have to hope like everyone else that S2 and 3 gets adapted since it won't happen this season?
Long as in end of S2.
Jul 26, 2013 3:33 PM

May 2011
Hooray for buruma.
Traditional mahou shoujo at its finest.
Jul 26, 2013 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode.
Nothing exciting or interesting
Jul 27, 2013 12:14 AM

Jul 2009
volume = pi?
brb integrals not even once
Jul 27, 2013 5:06 AM

May 2010
Having the better "half" come in an best you in all ways....... yep... one of those.
Jul 27, 2013 2:10 PM

Mar 2012
This series is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I will say this though I'm really not liking Miyu and this is coming from someone who usually really like this archetype with one of my favorite characters Homura being one of them.
She just seems really boring and bland, instead of mysterious and cool.
Jul 27, 2013 5:31 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
symbv said:
kaiten said:

That's still impressive.

The show staff did not assume its viewers are dumb "and won't understand it anyway" and they made sure it makes some sense instead of writing random stuff. At first it seems to be such a small stuff, but it actually shows that the staff does not hold the viewers for fools, which is more than refreshing, considering the stupidity one can find.

To be true to myself I learned integrals and more than that. But I forgot it even tho' it was 1 and a half year ago since I last did anything math related on that level. But I was curious if anyone commented if it's right or wrong and was pleased to see that it was indeed correct. Good episode too 5/5 :).
Jul 28, 2013 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
ao_no_exo said:
Fai said:
symbv said:
kaiten said:

That's still impressive.

To be true to myself I learned integrals and more than that. But I forgot it even tho' it was 1 and a half year ago since I last did anything math related on that level. But I was curious if anyone commented if it's right or wrong and was pleased to see that it was indeed correct. Good episode too 5/5 :).
the result is right but i just wonder why not using the cylindrical references instead of cartesian ones
bruh
Jul 28, 2013 10:33 AM

May 2009
Fun episode. I'm really liking the soundtrack and how you can hear some of the F/SN VN OST in there. And Taiga is great.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.