Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 21, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
OOOH! I just realized that the festival in the preview isn't the one in Hiroshima! It is the one at Eba's school in Tokyo! OK, so it will be doing some back and forth stuff...
phantom19 said:
I'm having a hard time determining what is flashback and what isn't since I haven't read the manga. The story looks very appealing to me because of the romance drama so I'm going to start the manga hopefully later today. I know they did not start from chapter 1.

The VAs for this show aren't very good. I usually don't mind to a certain extent but the scenes especially at the end were rather bad. I want to catch up in the manga so I have a better idea of what's going on and if this anime adaptation is doing it justice.

Basically, everything after he saw her in the window was flashback, until it showed him back in front of her house. Haruto looks quite a bit younger too... And anything with Haruto and Yuzuki in the same school will be flashback. They also showed it with the background art. The art was much more watercolor like in the flashback.
Jul 21, 2013 4:29 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Why does Akari sound like that? T.T

But overall, a nice episode. I knew this epi would be a flashback from last week's preview but it was good enough. It kind of feels fast compared to the manga but as the flow of the anime with the flashbacks and all, it seems... ok enough. Shall wait a bit to get more used to it and have a more objective opinion.
Jul 21, 2013 5:06 PM

Aug 2012
The character design is surely more appealing in the TV series. It looks too standard and vulgar in the OVA, in my opinion. I don't like the way their noses are drawn now, but it actually didn't look that bad in the episode itself.

This episode didn't give me the same feeling as the manga but I still enjoyed it and I can't say the adaptation was bad. I do feel this might be boring for those who haven't read the manga since the pace seemed pretty slow, even though several chapters were put into this episode. Akari sounded strange.

I read all the released chapters in a few days and I do not regret having done so. This arc is a bit special when compared to the others, hope they can adapt all the emotion from the manga properly.
Jul 21, 2013 5:32 PM
Jul 2012
Okay, before I talk about this episode, let me vent my feelings of stressing over finding time to read up until Chapter 80 so I could understand the anime based on the assumption they were starting from the Tokyo arc.

FfDASJDMFHADFNASMDKVHBDAJFLKHWKSJDFLAHGKLJAHK;ghJLKHGk;jlHGlkjGjhsdgkhfa dsjlfghJKL.ghklSHEGJKLsgjhghlUJHGyUY%t7612G6FU75Bg&*f8Q7VF68bgt76z6&61ge087 !78z6xyc`hnP*&tvgfoigt786DCGH9P8RG1!q!HIUFDSHJz(&*23O5189

Okay then. This episode was kind of awful. The art style is fine by me, but wiht this art-style, I find it would have been better to stick to an older coloring technique, that isn't so bright. Also, the voice-acting is kinda... crappy? Like Haruto's voices sounds a little too masculine based on his personaility, Eba's voice is more calm, and not that cheerful as imaginied(and the fact that the voice actor sounds to be try-harding this), Nanami's dash to Haruto sounded SO god darn fake, Akari's is FAR too masculine, though her personality IS masculine, its a little bit much in opinion, and Takeshi probably has the most... fitting out of them all, which feels really weird.

Okay then, this episode had quite a bit of fan-service, but sometimes their change to a much more romantic-sort of art-style seemed weird. This was an overly long flashback, but it's understandable that there are some parts that feel like they need more time than others, but the moment I clicked play, I wasn't ready for a practically flashback full episode. If this is the result of all the time I spend reading, I think I'm not going to enjoy the anime as much as I hoped.

I also would like to add to my list of "hopes" that they don't do little nip-picks of the present, and just fill everything else with flashbacks until the last episode, and just shove out everything until the end of the Tokyo arc.
AcxelionJul 21, 2013 5:40 PM
Jul 21, 2013 7:46 PM

Apr 2009
neverless said:
I think this is [anime] pretty useless for non manga readers. There were so many little details that were skipped that made the episode seem confusing.
see, the problem here is that you manga readers assume that we anime only watchers are dumb and get confused easily.. all the details that we need are being covered up in a different fashion as to telling everything first.. seriously, if the show started this way, or any events before it, i'm gonna have to say that it's rather boring and typically bland cheesy romance show that i find anywhere, just like this episode.. meanwhile, covering up the more interesting parts of the manga as you claimed just gets me more amused..

and also, somehow, i always get the feeling that while watching the show, i'm not watching something from 2013 because of the art and the music.. it's like i'm back at early 2000's, Gonzo's forte.. i'm not sure if i'm absolutely happy about this art direction but i'm kinda liking it just for the little nostalgia feel from back then (late 90's to early 2000's was my time of nostalgia for anime)..
Jul 21, 2013 8:46 PM

Nov 2009
I don't get what's going on anymore... I should just go and read the manga
Jul 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Oct 2012
Glad that they went back to the beginning (even if it was a crappy flashback), though they did go through it quite quickly. Better than nothing I suppose, I reckon it could go all right if they continue with flashbacks leading up to the Tokyo arc.

On to the bad stuff, this episode did nothing more than reaffirm my dislike for the art and the voices. Neither of those elements seem suitable to the anime IMO. All of their voices (Nanami, oh god especially Nanami) sound wrong to me and the art while detailed and (I guess) "pretty" looks off and at times awkward.
Finally, those conversations...fakest thing I have ever heard.
Jul 22, 2013 3:27 AM

Apr 2010
Episode 2 seemed better than episode 1 somehow. Id say it had to do with the flashback to the "Hiroshima Arc". Something about seeing Haruto's past is more interesting than seeing his present situation. I felt the same way about the manga too.

I feel the manga had better artwork than the anime but I think the voice actors are 'reasonably' good although I did cringe at Nanami's voice acting at the end when she said Eba had soaked too long >.<

5/5
Jul 22, 2013 4:48 AM

Feb 2011
I enjoyed it and I know I'm in the minority on this but... I like the art. A lot.

Oh and the ending theme is AMAZING! Makes me think of Maison Ikkoku.
morshuwarriorJul 22, 2013 4:54 AM
Jul 22, 2013 5:05 AM

Apr 2010
morshuwarrior said:
I enjoyed it and I know I'm in the minority on this but... I like the art. A lot.

The artwork isn't bad or anything, just compared to the manga it is. In fact the painted backgrounds match the theme of the anime :p
Jul 22, 2013 6:53 AM
Aug 2010
What the fuck with Akari's voice, it sounds awful, this really needs more budget, the animation is weird.
Jul 22, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
zensunni said:
I see what the director is doing here and I appreciate his approach. He set up the move to Tokyo, then went back to the beginning to present the story
From the interviews with the manga author, the director and the series composition writer, the studio originally wanted to do the series from the beginning, but the author insisted he wanted to start with Tokyo arc because he is worried that it would take too long for the series to go to Tokyo, which in his mind is the most critical part of the story while Hiroshima is more the preparation for it. So the final decision is to start in Tokyo and presented the past story as flashbacks. It actually presented a challenge for the series composition because she needed to break up the manga into parts and then rearranged them so that it would still tell the story smoothly and avoid confusion.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 22, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2012
The art is still really really bad ... But I have to admit I'm kinda relieved to see those flashbacks that remind the story . It would have been disappointing to start directly with the Tokyo arc without telling what happened before .
This episode was ok but I hope it'll get better , because I think the anime as it is currently is a sort of waste of the manga , but I may have been expecting too much ...
Jul 22, 2013 6:32 PM
Jan 2012
As a guy who hasnt read the manga, after two episodes, this animes kinda a mess. I can see where its going though, hopefully it gets better.
Jul 22, 2013 7:01 PM

Jan 2010
Has there been any confirmation on the length of this?

It's quite cheap, even by Gonzo standards. So if they're going for a 2 cour show, it would be expected for it to be cheaper looking due to budget constraints and whatnot. However, on the other hand...it could just be another cheap and shitty 1 cour Gonzo show which is what I'm leaning towards.
Ok™
Jul 23, 2013 2:08 AM

Feb 2011
Vandesdelca said:
morshuwarrior said:

The artwork isn't bad or anything, just compared to the manga it is. In fact the painted backgrounds match the theme of the anime :p
I do love the painted backgrounds :3

I'm quite fine with animes changing the art style for its adaption, but only if it's done well of course (and unless some nutball wants to adapt Aku no Hana with rotoscoping, but that's just silly).
Jul 23, 2013 3:03 AM

Oct 2012
eminagnam said:
Akari's voice sounded like a trap.

I wasnt the only one... thank goodness. xD She's probably more boyish than the rest

The ep was meh. watch the first 2 minutes and the last 3 minutes and you won't miss a thing...
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jul 23, 2013 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
Better than the first ep, but *sigh*...
Jul 23, 2013 5:42 PM
Mar 2013
Damn, they sure do sound different than what I've portrayed when I was reading the manga. I see I'm not the only one that's not too content about the seiyuus. And the art seems a little eerie. Nonetheless, I'm glad the manga got an anime adaptation, but I think it could've been better.
Jul 23, 2013 9:08 PM

Jul 2010
symbv said:
zensunni said:
I see what the director is doing here and I appreciate his approach. He set up the move to Tokyo, then went back to the beginning to present the story
From the interviews with the manga author, the director and the series composition writer, the studio originally wanted to do the series from the beginning, but the author insisted he wanted to start with Tokyo arc because he is worried that it would take too long for the series to go to Tokyo, which in his mind is the most critical part of the story while Hiroshima is more the preparation for it. So the final decision is to start in Tokyo and presented the past story as flashbacks. It actually presented a challenge for the series composition because she needed to break up the manga into parts and then rearranged them so that it would still tell the story smoothly and avoid confusion.

WOW! That's great info! So Seo is the one that made them do it like this? I guess you can't argue with the boss. His manga sell really well, so he must have enough pull to make the studio and director do as he pleases...
Jul 24, 2013 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
the episode was ok i guess but the art still is hard to get used to but oh well hope the story develops well :)
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jul 24, 2013 5:39 PM

Apr 2012
I haven't read the manga and for me the anime is nothing special so far :o
Jul 24, 2013 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
This anime's quality feels like the 90's. Even the story.
But still good to kill time.
Jul 25, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 2013
Tendou-kun said:
I haven't read the manga and for me the anime is nothing special so far :o

Please do check the manga.
Jul 25, 2013 9:50 AM
Jan 2013
Nice Flashback and nice to see Eba's panty shot.
Jul 25, 2013 10:27 AM

Aug 2012
i see, so they decided to use similar approach like the OVA by starting the story in present time and later going with some flashbacks from Hiroshima arc. This episode was much better than the first (but i still prefer the OVA, pls don't kill me XD)

the animation quality wasn't really good, especially the scene in the front of Eba's house at the beginning of the episode. I have no complaints about the flashback scenes, just by seeing the cheerful Eba again was enough for me to keep watching XD

"Sentimental Love" is probably one of the best opening song this season, and I'm in love with her voice <3

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 26, 2013 12:30 AM
Jan 2011
Oh man the fanservice sucks.
Jul 26, 2013 8:07 AM

Dec 2012
Well, its actually not THAT BAD story-wise when they featured the early chapters, but oh god I hate the animation. They seem to be making it on extremely limited budget to the point where we only get a few frames where there are two characters at once in the same frame.

Kind of mediocre.. doesn't give off a romance comedy vibe at all. The manga sets up a much better atmosphere. Why can't a proper studio pick this up god damn it
Jul 26, 2013 7:07 PM
Mar 2013
ClawViper7 said:
doesn't give off a romance comedy vibe at all

I see you read the manga. You should know that this isn't a rom com.
Jul 27, 2013 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
The ride home matched the ending so perfect. So much nostalgia from when I read the manga 2 years ago
Jul 27, 2013 9:57 PM

May 2012
Crappy animation.
Tatsunoko >>>>>>>>>>> Gonzo
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 28, 2013 2:45 PM

Feb 2011
I didn't liked the stills
Jul 29, 2013 3:39 AM

Jan 2012
As a person who hasn't read the manga. This had SO MUCH potential and now its down the drain with this episode. The plot seems to be all jumbled up, and I was already lost in the first episode when they tried to jam some background information down my throat. Flashbacks were kinda okay. The voice acting for the main dude is soooooo baad though. Maybe I should just read the damn manga.

Live, Laugh, Love.

Aug 8, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2009
Kyaaa!! Finally, I was able to saw Eba again but I like the Eba in ova more :'(
And I saw nanami too... She looks cute more than in the ova :D
Aug 10, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
The only complaints I have with this is the art... Which is probably only because I've read the manga and prefer the simple faces than these really detailed ones...especially with the noses... Other than that nice episode, I don't mind Akari's voice that much... at least I can think of her voice now when I read her lines in the manga :/
NYANPASU~!
Aug 10, 2013 6:58 PM

Mar 2012
Seriously guys, if you haven't already done so, read the manga. It's amazing.
Aug 12, 2013 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
Oh Eba..
Oct 8, 2013 3:13 PM
Dec 2010
ehm i'm bit lost. Now can anyone who read manga tell me why wont she see him when they promised to see each other in OVA ? It seems like they are jumping through manga here and there and i've not read it, it's really confusing.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 20, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2012
Funny ending but quite a lovely backstory, quite lovely that we also got to see this as well! Lets see what's next!
Jan 3, 2014 9:54 AM
May 2012
The art and character design, I'm getting used to it.

Haruto is quite oblivious. I like Eba and her voice.

The opening and ending song are really nice.

Edit: Ohhh yeahhh!!!! This is my 1000th forum post!!!!!
TengaiJan 3, 2014 11:00 AM
Jan 4, 2014 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
The art and character design, I'm getting used to it.

Haruto is quite oblivious. I like Eba and her voice.

The opening and ending song are really nice.

Edit: Ohhh yeahhh!!!! This is my 1000th forum post!!!!!

GZ LOL
May 21, 2014 8:14 PM

Mar 2014
Damn it.. Why is yuzuki so beautiful in the anime!!!
Well nanami too!!
Nanamixharuto episode!!! (Also Yuzukixharuto!!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
I know im in the minority, but im really enjoyimg this so far :)
Sep 7, 2014 12:52 AM

Feb 2013
This whole episode seems to be a whole flashback when Eba was living with Haruto in the countryside. A nice little backstory is nice. BUt why in the second episode? Seems to be way too sonn. Oh well. Still like the OVA artstyle better. I want Haruto to end up with Nanami. I really like ED song.It's so good! Alright episode.
Jan 1, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
bicycle everywhere

Mar 15, 2017 6:32 PM

Jul 2014
One of the rare times I appreciate the flashback as an anime only viewer(again). So Eba has a bf huh... And it looked as if Kanzaki was the initial love interest.
OppaiSugoiMar 15, 2017 6:39 PM
Mar 16, 2019 9:08 PM

Feb 2018
It's so funny Eba fainted while in the bath.
Apr 30, 2022 3:02 PM

Jan 2010

Seriously, the artwork's nice, particularly these still cuts.

Also, Nanami so strikingly like Suzuka Asahina, I had to stop watching to check if anything was up.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

98 by 14n9k »»
Apr 11, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

84 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

77 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.