Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2009 12:50 PM
Apr 2008
im glad im not the only one confused by the storage room and the end of the ep, i was saying wtf for about 5 mins. this show has really caught my interest and im glad. the one thing i really enjoy is how every so often we can see touya;s thoughts on screen, albeit sometimes they need not appear. other times they are a good way to create foreshadowing and move the story along
Jan 22, 2009 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
ehm... yeah, I didn't get it with storage room, the 4th episode is to explain it somehow... May be, he was looking for Yuki hidden there? xD

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 22, 2009 1:20 PM
Dec 2007
bravejaf said:
The drop in animation quality was evident in this episode.

Unfortunately, I don't know if you saw that too, but every show released this season has problems of animation since the financial crisis is hurting heavily the budgets of the series. There are at least 5 or 6 less shows broadcasted in january compared to other years (not counting that there are mostly sequels and few new series, too risky in a time of crisis), and the remaining shows have lost a lot of their initial budget. If you add to that the fact that Japanese staff is costly and all, most of the work is subcontracted in Korea/China/Phillipines, which is not new, but with even less money than before. In the case of Minami-Ke Okaeri for example, it really hurts the eyes, and even the two Sunrise series, which are supposed to be of extreme graphic quality, are really limited, especially Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo.

Well well, apart from that, I still like White Album, it's an interesting and intriguing series,even if the direction was quite off sometimes and confusing. I really like the character of Rina though !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 22, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't see any problem with the animation. It looks the same as before and there haven't been any tacky or distorted lines or coloring. Looking for better is a waste of time.

But I loved this episode! The first two were kind of strange and I didn't know if I would enjoy it. I especially didn't like the end of episode 2 - in the first episode I thought Rina would be a great friend and then at the end of the second, it seemed she turned into a boyfriend-stealer. But now, we see she just wanted to call as a friend and to help him. I love all the girls in this show and I can't wait to see more.

I'm also left really intrigued, which is most important. What was the point of that last scene where he opens the broom closet? And who was the person who asked for the tutor and then told Touya to go away? ARGH! I want more now! hehe
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 22, 2009 4:28 PM

Oct 2007
This episode did not answer any question instead it built up a lot of questions.

'waiting for DeathfireD to post up his chart :D'

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 22, 2009 6:42 PM
Apr 2008
Yeah. I seriously don't get the end where he opened the door with the mops and stuff. And what's the "mysteries" of her does he mean there.... o.O
Jan 22, 2009 8:20 PM

Jun 2007
Questions that popped in my head after watching this.
1) Who or what was Yuki thinking about when Touya said "remember when we first met"? Did she just forget when they first met or did she mix it up with another guy she met?

2) Who was the person that caught Touya on the roof with Yuki? Was it Yuki's assistant? That would explain why she set an appointment for Yuki on the only day she had off.

3) Whats up with Eiji the owner? Was he waiting in a closet that whole time at the end? Was that one big act put on between Rina and Eiji to confuse Touya or is there a secret room in the back?

4) Is it just me or was Rina actually jealous when she saw Touya and Yuki smiling and waving at each other? I actually have a feeling she's acting nice only to get close to Touya and then snatch him up when/if something happens between him and Yuki.

5) Is Yuki really that bad at acting/singing? From what Eiji and Yuki's manager where saying it sounds like she's gonna get fired soon.

Relationship chart time! Not much changed.
Jan 22, 2009 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
r0derix said:
Easily the best show of the season.

Not quite... I can eaily think of 2 others right now...

Anyway, Touya got fired cuz he's viewed as a burden to Yuki right?
Nice hug by the way :o

matias067 said:
i'm confused, i don't understand some parts of it...especially the last part of the episode

Welcome to the world of drama~
You're likely to get confused 50% of the time. (Not that I do ;P)

Jan 22, 2009 8:43 PM

Sep 2008
And what was up with the tutor thing who is the student? and what was up with the paper air plane?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 22, 2009 10:18 PM

Oct 2007
And here is my conclusion after a few times of thinking and rewatch some scene again and again. Now let say that person in Yuki's flashback was Eiji, Eiji was the reason behind Touya got fired and making Yuki working on saturday, Eiji hides in the closet for escaping from Rina. Now consider about Eiji's feeling for Yuki in ep2. Now go back to the beginning of ep2 about the strange talking, why did Yayoi try to get Yuki to meet Eiji in personal at all cost? I think something should make sense here.

DeathfireD said:
4) Is it just me or was Rina actually jealous when she saw Touya and Yuki smiling and waving at each other? I actually have a feeling she's acting nice only to get close to Touya and then snatch him up when/if something happens between him and Yuki.

Rina action toward TouyaXYuki is always questionable. And your opinion has a lot of high possibility.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 22, 2009 10:21 PM

Nov 2007
wow i completely did not expect rina to be so good natured. and her brother is an ass.

edit: umm first poster. is it really necessary to screenshot 20 min of anime. seriously. at least put that crap in a spoiler.
direblissJan 22, 2009 10:24 PM
Jan 23, 2009 5:39 AM

Jan 2009
DeathfireD said:
1) Who or what was Yuki thinking about when Touya said "remember when we first met"? Did she just forget when they first met or did she mix it up with another guy she met?

Obviously, Yuki had a recollection of them meeting _long before_ the incident at school which Touya remembered. My interpretation: Yuki had a crush on him for a longer time than Touya realizes - and Yuki seemed slightly sad to realize that Touya couldn't remember their "earlier" meeting as kids.

2) Who was the person that caught Touya on the roof with Yuki? Was it Yuki's assistant? That would explain why she set an appointment for Yuki on the only day she had off.

That was clearly Yayoi, Yuki's manager. And yes, I'd say it's very obvious that she was the one organizing the extra work on saturday, to split them up.

3) Whats up with Eiji the owner? Was he waiting in a closet that whole time at the end? Was that one big act put on between Rina and Eiji to confuse Touya or is there a secret room in the back?

Big mystery. I hope we'll find out in the next ep.

I honestly don't think that Rina was jealous or anything, or that she tries to snatch him away from Yuki, at least, not yet. Keep in mind, she was _acting_ when she threw the tantrum and slapped Touya. Her fairly elaborate scheme allowed for some Yuki/Touya quality time. Why would she do that if she had her own designs?

5) Is Yuki really that bad at acting/singing? From what Eiji and Yuki's manager where saying it sounds like she's gonna get fired soon.

Naaah, we know that Eiji just composed a tailormade song for her (which most likely is the "secret" Yuki was mentioning towards Touya). It's rather that Eiji and Yayoi are worried that Yuki is _distracted_ from her work due to Touya, and this is why Eiji and Yayoi are trying to wreck these two (a fairly common occurrence in the show business, as far as I've heard). Eiji and Yayoi will try to throw alot of work towards Yuki, so that she concentrates on her CAREER with singing/dancing lessons instead of his boyfriend.

Jan 23, 2009 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
White Album is slowly growing on me.

OP and ED are just simply beautiful. Still confused as ever since the first episode but i'm slowly getting used to this state of confusion.

How wrong i was to think i was gonna drop it at the second episode..

EDIT : My grammar sucks.
NayahJan 23, 2009 4:14 PM
Jan 23, 2009 9:10 AM

Dec 2008
Nayah said:

OP and ED are just simply beautiful. Still confused as ever since the first episode but i'm slowly getting used to this state of confusion.

How wrong i was to think i was gonna dropped at the second episode..

Congrats :P
Can't wait till nxt episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 23, 2009 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
Nayah said:

How wrong i was to think i was gonna dropped at the second episode..

Hehe. That's great. I was also having doubts after episode 2 as well, but I gave it another go and I'm glad i stayed as well. =)
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 23, 2009 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
I'm like "Ohhhh I get it now" and then the next moment "What? I'm totally lost." >____<
Ahh. This anime is really confusing. So many hidden mysteries.
And what's with the closet at the end? Does it mean anything?
Jan 23, 2009 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
Kallen_R2 said:
I'm like "Ohhhh I get it now" and then the next moment "What? I'm totally lost." >____<
Ahh. This anime is really confusing. So many hidden mysteries.
And what's with the closet at the end? Does it mean anything?

I'm pretty sure, unless you've played the game .. we won't know XD...
Jan 23, 2009 6:34 PM

Jun 2007
Mentar said:
DeathfireD said:

Obviously, Yuki had a recollection of them meeting _long before_ the incident at school which Touya remembered. My interpretation: Yuki had a crush on him for a longer time than Touya realizes - and Yuki seemed slightly sad to realize that Touya couldn't remember their "earlier" meeting as kids.

That was clearly Yayoi, Yuki's manager. And yes, I'd say it's very obvious that she was the one organizing the extra work on saturday, to split them up.

Big mystery. I hope we'll find out in the next ep.

I honestly don't think that Rina was jealous or anything, or that she tries to snatch him away from Yuki, at least, not yet. Keep in mind, she was _acting_ when she threw the tantrum and slapped Touya. Her fairly elaborate scheme allowed for some Yuki/Touya quality time. Why would she do that if she had her own designs?

Naaah, we know that Eiji just composed a tailormade song for her (which most likely is the "secret" Yuki was mentioning towards Touya). It's rather that Eiji and Yayoi are worried that Yuki is _distracted_ from her work due to Touya, and this is why Eiji and Yayoi are trying to wreck these two (a fairly common occurrence in the show business, as far as I've heard). Eiji and Yayoi will try to throw alot of work towards Yuki, so that she concentrates on her CAREER with singing/dancing lessons instead of his boyfriend.

Thanks for the answers. I'd go through and quote each one but for some reason MAL wont let me use enter (return) :(. As for the relationship chart. If you've seen my past charts I normally start out with facts and a few assumptions. As more episodes come out and more people pick out connections, I correct the chart. If nothing happens next episode I'll remove those two relationships that you pointed out as being to soon.
Jan 23, 2009 10:40 PM

May 2007
For some reason, I think I'd like this show more if it turned to yuri between Yuki and Rina. Maybe add the main guy in for a threesome (not love triangle.) I think I'll wait until this show has ended and they're living happily ever after. I don't feel like watching X episodes for just seeing the two break up.
Jan 24, 2009 12:16 AM

May 2008
DaBigD said:
For some reason, I think I'd like this show more if it turned to yuri between Yuki and Rina. Maybe add the main guy in for a threesome (not love triangle.) I think I'll wait until this show has ended and they're living happily ever after. I don't feel like watching X episodes for just seeing the two break up.

I lol'd. I would actually like to see that happen.

I'm more of a Rina fan than a Yuki fan.
Jan 24, 2009 3:40 AM

Jul 2008
DaBigD said:

So what's left is Fuuji x Eiji? lol
Jan 24, 2009 4:20 PM

Apr 2007
yuki & touya are so cute together :3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 25, 2009 2:35 PM

Oct 2008
Very strange...

I either misunderstood half of it last episode or I didn't. This is odd.

Perhaps, this is the first anime with this kind of story. I can't seem to think of any animes that are similar to this one.
Jan 25, 2009 4:04 PM

Jul 2008
Kira01 said:
Very strange...

I either misunderstood half of it last episode or I didn't. This is odd.

Perhaps, this is the first anime with this kind of story. I can't seem to think of any animes that are similar to this one.

I''s Pure :)
Jan 26, 2009 4:49 AM

Aug 2008
Still pretty bad, but after this ep I don't feel the need as much to drop this.
Jan 26, 2009 6:48 AM

Jun 2008
wow the storytelling is so hectic @_@ but somehow i keep wanting to see more, something really draws me in.

and why the f does Touya lie to Yuki all the time without a need?? x_x
Jan 26, 2009 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
Mizuki Mana? This can't be a coincidence. :P

Very nice episode, this show is exactly what I expected it to be and I think Mizuki Nana and Hirano Aya are doing a great job as Seiyuu here.
KraytJan 29, 2009 8:46 AM
Jan 28, 2009 4:47 PM

Dec 2007
After slow start, this series is only better and better.
Ogata Rina is really intriguing me.
Jan 28, 2009 10:21 PM

Dec 2007
Good episode but it's little confusing. White Album is growing on me for sure. I liked the hugging scene.
gameoffreak8Jan 28, 2009 10:39 PM
Feb 12, 2009 6:11 AM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode much more! Loved Rina's song too.
Feb 14, 2009 11:51 AM

Nov 2007
Every other minute while watching this show I go from thinking "This show is so ordinary" to "This show is so bizarre!" I haven't decided yet if I like it or not, but the strange way the scenes are put together and the small mysteries make me want to watch more.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Feb 16, 2009 10:52 PM

Jan 2008
Better episode this time. Though, I don't really get what happened at the end. What was Rin's bro doing in the coffee shop?
Mar 28, 2009 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
The most interesting thing about this episode and this series as a whole is the relationship between Yuki and Touya. I loved that hug scene on the roof top. Yuki's by far my favorite character. Ahh.. I really don't want to see the disaster thats to come in their relationship.

I didn't exactly understand that mop scene, but I don't think it holds any importance to the story. I really don't like Rina though and it's sad to see how blind Yuki is to her faults. I had a friend like that. It didn't end well when a boy got involved.
Jun 19, 2009 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
yeah kinda confusing this all. an in additon with those strnage scenes forward and backward skips makes me not feel better. a really slow pace but i wanted only to catch this up because of nana mizuki <3

Oct 3, 2009 9:27 PM

Jan 2009
A very "What the fuck" moment with the storage room.. I didn't quite get that. But so far I'm loving this.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 2, 2011 1:14 PM

Sep 2010
i stumbled onto this anime...its so goood!

betting the game is twice as good
Aug 12, 2012 11:45 PM

Sep 2011
The storage room scene was so damn random. LOLOL

Anyways, a bit confused but I'm sure everything will be explained eventually. Other than that, pretty interesting anime.
Sep 9, 2012 9:52 PM

Nov 2011

Pretty girl is pretty but her attitude..? Not so much.
Dec 20, 2012 3:14 PM

Dec 2007
I don't get it, but the plot seems to be going somewhere.
Apr 8, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, the only part I don't really understand was the part at the end with the storage closet. Surely that wasn't suggesting Eiji was hiding in there or something. Fuck if I know.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2013 8:29 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Fujii get's fired and Rina gets mad at the boss, wonder why would the boss fire him on his first day. I think the white haired boss saw Fujji and Yuki being intimate while at work, and as a result he had to fire Fuji for not being professional at work. He probably added more stuff for Yuki to do as a consequence thus missing the date. Darn cliffhanger.

Apr 12, 2014 5:49 AM

May 2012
Rather strange development I must say but well somewhere I like it!
May 3, 2014 11:28 AM

Dec 2010
that end, wtf is going on?
Apr 15, 2015 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
I'm a bit lost. Why did they fire Touya?

So the reason Rina slapped Youya was to give him and Yuki time together. That was sweet of her but why? I think she may have ulterior motives.

I don't like Yuki's manager anymore. You can tell she purposely added more work for Yuki so she would't be able to see Youya Saturaday. Bitch!

I wonder who the person was who wanted Touya to tutor him/her. Hope we se that person soon.

Sucks what Touya's dad did to him. Just threw all that food at him but it was kinda his fault. It was him that gave him the food back.

What was with the closet there at the end? Was someone hiding there?

Onto the next episode!

If anyone is wonder the insert song that starts around the 11:22 mark, it's Glass no Hana by Ogata Rina(Nana Mizuki).
Nano1124Apr 25, 2015 4:27 PM
Jan 27, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Wtf is going on with storage room scene?
This series has really strange direction. Sometimes it's really hard to keep up with the plot.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 27, 2017 1:04 PM

Jun 2012
rsc-pl said:
This series has really strange direction. Sometimes it's really hard to keep up with the plot.

Apparently, sequel is much better, and since t doesn't have too much with this, people oftern recommend to just watch sequel
Jan 27, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
kamil88 said:
rsc-pl said:

Apparently, sequel is much better, and since t doesn't have too much with this, people oftern recommend to just watch sequel

You mean WA2? Check my favlist ;)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 18, 2018 12:37 PM

Feb 2013
Wait so did they say earlier that the manager had an office or something in the cafe that turned out to be a closet? That last shot confused me
Apr 19, 2019 2:29 AM

Aug 2017
Rina's song is awesome.

I'm lost though. Lots of things going on.

I like the MC. He's good at carrying a harem too.
Mar 18, 2020 10:55 AM

May 2013
Boring.

Confused like others, except I'm v much bored and I've watched slow animes before like Bartender. I'm not interested in any of this. What a shame.

Dropped.
5/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:32 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM

» VN

OppaiSugoi - Jul 17, 2023

1 by Thatboidriz »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.