MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anime 'Bodacious Space Pirates' and Manga 'Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono' Win Seiun Award 2013
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Anime 'Bodacious Space Pirates' and Manga 'Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono' Win Seiun Award 2013

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
07-20-13, 5:05 AM

The 52nd Japan Science Fiction Convention was held on July 20th and the winners of this year's 44th Seiun Award were announced. Bodacious Space Pirates and Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono won the best media and the best comic of the year, respectively.

Seiun Award is one of the most authoritative science fiction awards in Japan. The candidates are selected from the sci-fi works completed in the previous year and the winners are chosen by the votes of the attendees of the Japan Science Fiction Convention.

The full results, which include domestic and foreign science fiction and short story, can be found in the official website of Seiun Award:
http://www.sf-fan.gr.jp/awards/2013result.html

Ref. The Nomination List of Seiun Award 2013

Best Media
Bodacious Space Pirates
Iron Sky
Marvel's The Avengers
009 Re:Cyborg
Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo
Rinne no Lagrange
Eureka Seven AO

Best Comic
Tetsuwan Birdy Evolution
Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono
The Next Sheet of MAPS
Himitsu: Top Secret
Otomo Katsuhiro Artwork Kaba 2
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Mahou Sensei Negima

Last year, the best media and the best comic awards were won by Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica and Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin respectively.

Source: Official website of Seiun Award
Modified by Naruleach, 08-07-13, 7:36 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

07-20-13, 5:09 AM

Damn, i've had Bodacious space pirates on hold for quite some time now, should get around to watching it.
Congrats for them winning though!!

07-20-13, 5:10 AM

Really love the science fiction manga by Hoshino Yukinobu (whose adaptation of the scifi Inherit the Star won the Seiun Award this year), particularly the artwork that conveys sense of wonder really well.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

07-20-13, 5:13 AM

jugann said:
Damn, i've had Bodacious space pirates on hold for quite some time now, should get around to watching it.
I dropped it though. Was it really worth the watch?
Why are you watching the S2 of the anime that you loathe?
¬‿¬ And give the suggestions board some love please.

An idea similar to my suggestion here got implemented but because of another guy. But I get to enjoy its benefits. So I Got That Goin' For Me, Which is Nice.

| Main characters on anime pages | Merge double posts |

07-20-13, 5:24 AM

Cashdaxxx said:
jugann said:

It was entertaining... I wouldn't say it's award winning though.

07-20-13, 5:33 AM

Congratulations, Bodacious Space Pirates! ^_^

I appreciated the story for what it is and not what other people expected it to be.

07-20-13, 5:35 AM

I can see why Bodacious Space Pirates won the science fiction award. It spent a lot of time exploring its setting and explaining battle tactics (which probably scared away some viewers) and especially the political aspects were really interesting.

07-20-13, 6:33 AM

Pawnty said:
Cashdaxxx said:
jugann said:

I think it was pretty award winning worthy though. It was not pretentious which other series like Psycho Pass seem to suffer slightly from.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

07-20-13, 7:06 AM

I'm really glad Bodacious Space Pirates won, it may not have been an outstanding anime, but I think they did a good job with the sci-fi elements most of the time.

Edit: wording.
Modified by Mogami-kun, 07-20-13, 11:30 AM

07-20-13, 7:14 AM

Eudaimonia said:
I can see why Bodacious Space Pirates won the science fiction award. It spent a lot of time exploring its setting and explaining battle tactics (which probably scared away some viewers) and especially the political aspects were really interesting.

Yeah, I was surprised to read this news at first, but they did quite a good work on the sci-fi part of the series, so I can see how it could win this award. Especially with these nominees.

07-20-13, 7:35 AM

It's not anime-related but... Holy shit, Iron Sky is in there? These people have good taste.

07-20-13, 7:37 AM

Glad seeing Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Mahou Sensei Negima! in there.

07-20-13, 7:38 AM

Rinne no Lagrange <3

I'm surprised that The Avengers is in the Best Media category. Japan has good taste in Western Superheroes.

07-20-13, 7:58 AM

This is why we need Mouretsu Pirates season 2 to go along with the movie, make it happen, Japan.

Lol'd at Eureka Seven AO being nominated.

07-20-13, 8:06 AM

Pawnty said:
Cashdaxxx said:
jugann said:

It was entertaining, except that filer arc at end of the series.

mitch3315 said:

Lol'd at Eureka Seven AO being nominated.
Modified by Sacredus, 07-20-13, 8:09 AM

07-20-13, 8:39 AM

Oh grats to the winners. I'm also looking forward to the Bodacious Space Pirates movie to debut soon.

07-20-13, 9:12 AM

was Bodacious Space Pirates really that good to win an award?

07-20-13, 9:27 AM

I watched the first episode recently just when I was bored and going through a bunch of series first eps just to get an idea of what they are like. I have to admit I was surprised, I expected tons of dumb fan service. Basically Moe' Pirates in SPACE! It reminded me more of all those 90s sci-fi anime, and I will eventually go back and finish it. I gotta say I judged it by my first impression of its cover/poster, and it misslead me. I think people who like stuff like Mighty Birdy ext, would probably enjoy this. Not award winning from what i could tell though..

07-20-13, 9:31 AM

It's not like Bodacious Space Pirates had much competition.....

07-20-13, 9:50 AM

WTF is Eureka Seven AO doing there?!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices