Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 7:47 PM

Feb 2012
omfg first episode where you can see Hiro Iokawa's eyes 100% of the time instead of being hidden by his hair.
probably because Shouko opened his eyes; thus Hiro stopped running away.
Oct 30, 2012 8:19 PM

Nov 2011

Damn the series is over. Second confession goes through :) and here I thought it had to be third time's a charm. Shouko's actually kinda cute this episode with her tsundere like manners. Too bad though, she's not usually that cute. Oh well.

I wonder if they do change back though given that ending scene as the wishing stone seems to be dusted away..

Overall, I thought this series was so-so. I'm usually not a fan of these type of slice of life genre series but I thought the supernatural elements added in with the emotional part worked somewhat well. It was predictable though with the little inklings of romance. This series really reminded me of Air also somewhat.

6/10
May 31, 2014 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
1. Didn't like how the 2nd half of the series focuses away from the main trio

2. Well, that was a fast ending… using the stone to revert back while skipping the scenes in between

3. They should've showed more of shouko & her worries

7/10 overall
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 10, 2014 8:21 PM

Mar 2012
i cried
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 28, 2015 7:40 PM

Nov 2013
It's always nice to stumble across a show that depicts a fantastical premise with realism and maturity. I loved Asatte no Houkou's serious take on body swapping as well as the solemn mood that permeated the show, which was enhanced by the gorgeous OST as well as the ambient sounds. The pacing was very deliberate (just how I like it), which allowed each scene to shine and ensured that no moment was wasted. There were also some great character interactions and development throughout the series, and it was interesting to see how the two main female characters each dealt with their dilemma.

Some people are saying they wished for more Shouko screen time, but she obviously handled her situation far better than Karada did, so I thought the show's focus on Karada and her troubles was appropriate. If the show had concentrated primarily on Shouko, I think it would have been less interesting overall. At any rate, it's not like she was overlooked; she still had a respectable amount of screen time.

I do agree that this final episode was rushed, though I guess it could be argued that the skipped scenes didn't need to be shown and was more of a stylistic choice. Either way, this didn't hurt the show much imo. It was more about the journey after all.

Did I mention that the OST is gorgeous? I never once skipped the OP or ED, and there was one track I really liked that was reminiscent of Rurouni Kenshin's "Departure."
Nov 17, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 2018

Wonderful show. Don't have anything specific to say, this is kind of story I enjoy.
The idea of changing ages is quite interesting, never seen anything like this before.
Also liked the characters, especially Shouko, her personality and designs at all ages.
Apr 17, 2020 5:43 AM

Aug 2011
A cute tale of misunderstandings, discovery, and love. I originally started watching this anime to just past the time but found it very enjoyable and sweet.

At first, I was a bit thrown off by Amino's attraction to Karada because I was having a hard time believing he was a 6th grader like her. I kept seeing him as a teenager.

I'm glad Hiro redeemed himself; to be honest, I really wasn't feeling him until the backstory. Shouko learned a lot about herself and these two should now have a better relationship.

Overall, a very pure series about first love and one rekindling.
Dec 23, 2020 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
It was fine, even tho pretty dull at times and I wasn't really into the characters. A shame.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2022 8:03 PM

May 2012
Pretty good anime all around, plot was interesting, character designs were good (I especially liked Shoko's child hairstyle, it was very unique), ending was nice.

Kinda lost interest around the time where Karada/Sato ran away from home. While I get the importance for the plot and character development, I wasn't as much a fan of it compared to the first half of the anime. Wasn't a huge fan of Hiro either, but the ending helped make him more likable.
Jun 10, 2023 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Medetashi.. Medetashi..
All ends well..
Kids love each other, and
Adult love each other..
No more siscon or lolicon drama..
They use the stone and everything back to normal..
After all of those absurd drama..

I will gladly give this anime 9/10, but i think 8/10 is just enough 👏
Not nominated for rewatching anyways, so yeah.. 8 is enough..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asatte no Houkou Episode 8 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 25, 2010

9 by White_Alice »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Asatte no Houkou Episode 5 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 25, 2010

3 by White_Alice »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:02 PM

Poll: » Asatte no Houkou Episode 4 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 25, 2010

4 by White_Alice »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:01 PM

Poll: » Asatte no Houkou Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 19, 2009

5 by White_Alice »»
Jun 10, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Asatte no Houkou Episode 2 Discussion

kisami - Jan 19, 2009

10 by White_Alice »»
Jun 10, 2023 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.