Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2013 8:37 PM

Apr 2012
Have to admit, that trial scene was SO FUCKING WELL ADAPTED in compliance to the original game.
although they skipped out on a lot of parts, i couldn't have asked for a better job, considering the episode limit and amount of coverage they have left.
sad how they had to censor out the execution scene, but it was necessary.
to those who say that this trial was blunt and obvious, trust me when i say that you havent seen ANYTHING yet.
the real dangan ronpa has yet to show its promise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2013 8:40 PM

Jan 2010
MikskizO said:
The MC is stupid as hell. He could've just made everyone think he was the killer so that he could graduate already but no.

Fail. Even my 11 year old cousin understood the rules of graduation. This anime is too deep for you, son.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Jul 19, 2013 8:44 PM

Apr 2012
Raiden_ said:
MikskizO said:
The MC is stupid as hell. He could've just made everyone think he was the killer so that he could graduate already but no.

Fail. Even my 11 year old cousin understood the rules of graduation. This anime is too deep for you, son.

^^^^seriously this.
how dumb do you have to be to not understand?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2013 8:55 PM

Jul 2012
Meg-nyan said:
Raiden_ said:
MikskizO said:

^^^^seriously this.
how dumb do you have to be to not understand?

btw i like your siggy :D those cats!
Jul 19, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
Woah, this episode turned out a lot better than I thought it would. This is truly an amazing adaption.
"Because I have ESP"
SO MANY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS
Jul 19, 2013 9:05 PM

Jul 2009
maybe its cuz i watched railgun right before this but this week's episode was pretty lame lol
i guess it was too obvious? lol... dying msg = killer = omg who knew?!
Jul 19, 2013 9:14 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty good episode.
Hmm, Nagei wasn't useless after all since he payed attention and prove his answers on who killed him.
Pretty stupid for the killer who put his name on the wall. I wouldn't even put the name on there if I was him.
The punishment scene was nice.
EDIT: Hate that glasses girl talking. Man another girl who looked like Nina from Code Geass lol wish she will be killed next.
5/5 Great show so far.
LegendGoldDarkJul 19, 2013 9:18 PM
Jul 19, 2013 9:16 PM
Jul 2012
Raiden_ said:
MikskizO said:

This you sir are so not paying attention at all.
Jul 19, 2013 9:16 PM

Jul 2012
Some actual feels at the end? Pretty good episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 19, 2013 9:19 PM
Oct 2012
I'm a little disappointed with this outcome. The "LEON" message was such an absolute dead giveaway that I figured it might've been planted by the murderer to frame him, lol. Likewise, though, the crystal ball seemed way too obvious to actually point to the psychic dude as the real murderer, so I highly doubted it was him. The sleeve could've belonged to several of the guys, who all wear white shirts, including psychic dude and baseball dude. The thing about having to throw the crystal ball to hit the switch to open the gate pointed more obviously to the baseball dude, but since the otaku dude was shown with the key to open the gate, it could also have all been a part of his plan to frame one of the other two guys. I guess I thought about it too hard and gave it too much credit, though. Oh well.

Also, does anybody else really not like the lead character? He's my least favorite, followed closely by Kirigiri. I don't trust her, especially with her "Super Duper High School ???" title. What is she, some kind of detective or something? I half expect it to be revealed that she's been a part of this whole setup once before. She's way too calm and collected about everything, and she seems far cleverer than any of the rest of the bunch. But besides not completely trusting her, I just hate her personality. She's so ~serious and cool.~ I hate characters like that.

Lastly, I haven't played the game, but if the execution scenes are being censored for the anime, I'm personally rather thankful for that, lol. This execution scene was plenty disturbing despite any censoring, in my opinion, so I thank them for sparing me from any worse. However, what I really wish is that they hadn't just lifted the execution scene directly from the game, you know? It looked really out of place and awkward.

EDIT: Okay, I forgot about the nutso braids girl. She might be my actual least favorite so far. Those three are all close, though.
IWannaDeleteThisJul 19, 2013 9:22 PM
Jul 19, 2013 9:37 PM

Nov 2012
Damn Leon got screwed up, what a painful death.
Jul 19, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
Leon's death with the baseball gatling gun was awesome imo.
Jul 19, 2013 9:43 PM

Apr 2012
AstralAxolotl said:
I'm a little disappointed with this outcome. The "LEON" message was such an absolute dead giveaway that I figured it might've been planted by the murderer to frame him, lol.

don't get so let down by this trial just yet.
this was merely the first one, a warm up.
unfortunately due to the small limit of episodes, the character insight has a very small window so i can understand your dislike for some of the characters.
but the next few trials are gonna BLOW YOUR MIND so don't give up on the anime just yet!
Jul 19, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Meg-nyan said:
AstralAxolotl said:

but the next few trials are gonna BLOW YOUR MIND so don't give up on the anime just yet!
well if they are adapted correctly, and chapter 3's trial was really shitty(that twist that comes immediately after words however.....one of the most unexpected ones in the game) so dont give people the expectations that it will be good

Anyhow i look foreword to seeing the bromance between Mondo Browada and Ishimaru Brotaka sprout next week, seriously if theres any relationship they shouldnt cut its this. Their scenes have the power to make a pre-pubecent kid's balls drop and turn to stone

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2013 10:02 PM
Oct 2012
i have no clue how they will fit the whole story in 13 episodes unless they pull a Sword Art Online and find a way to escape 75% though the goal.
Jul 19, 2013 10:30 PM
Aug 2012
jaxjaxk said:
i have no clue how they will fit the whole story in 13 episodes unless they pull a Sword Art Online and find a way to escape 75% though the goal.

I'm guessing that each episode will have several deaths.
Jul 19, 2013 11:00 PM

Jul 2010
So...does the DVD for any character ever get mentioned at all? I was kinda expecting it to be evidence used in the trial but I guess not. Do we even learn why the idol group broke up?
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Jul 19, 2013 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
I figured out a perfect crime for Danganronpa:

Step 1: Invite a red priestess from a parallel dimension to accompany you to the academy.
Step 2: After the rules are set, make the priestess have a baby.
Step 3: The next day, she has a demon shadow baby.
Step 4: The shadow demon kills everyone else in some camera-less room you invited them to for a meeting about friendship and hope, so Monokuma can't see anything.
Step 5: The perfect crime. You graduate. And then you cast Junko and the priestess back into the parallel dimension vortex for the heck of it.
Step 6: Take over the world, of course.
Jul 19, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2011
xSlink said:
So...does the DVD for any character ever get mentioned at all? I was kinda expecting it to be evidence used in the trial but I guess not. Do we even learn why the idol group broke up?

Well you can guess why they broke up from the DVD that showed them all dead

and no we only see 1 more person's dvd, dont worry there are alot more motives than the dvd's

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2013 11:02 PM
Aug 2012
Yeah that dying message made it painfully obvious. My 11 year old cousin figured it out 5 minutes after that message was shown.
Jul 19, 2013 11:06 PM

May 2012
Dropped. This genre of anime is simply not for me.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jul 19, 2013 11:11 PM
Oct 2010
Btw Maizono was such a bitch she was fully intent on killing that guy anyway she could huh? First she lures him into the room to kill him and frame her friend and then she leaves evidence to implicate him because she failed and he killed her. WOW could that girl go any lower?
Jul 19, 2013 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
skudoops said:
Btw Maizono was such a bitch she was fully intent on killing that guy anyway she could huh? First she lures him into the room to kill him and frame her friend and then she leaves evidence to implicate him because she failed and he killed her. WOW could that girl go any lower?

She could be Junko.
Jul 19, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2011
skudoops said:

Well in the game it was implied heavily she realized what she was doing too late and started feeling regret over how she was pinning it all naegi and left the message as 1 last way to help them to make ammends

But yeah its also possible she was just a bitch wanting revenge

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 19, 2013 11:19 PM

May 2011
This is the closest thing I'm ever going to get to an Ace Attorney anime for now. I like it, and I definitely want to try the game.
Jul 19, 2013 11:27 PM

Sep 2008
This anime has a personality disorder. It can't freaking decide if it's an anime or a game.
Jul 19, 2013 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
ok this episode is obviously bad especially the whole content of class trial. Specifically, I don't find any necessity putting shooting-contradiction scenes in the episode which makes it ridiculous instead. At least they had to give us different appeal rather than forcibly put those unintentionally-turned-out crappy scenes. I didn't say putting those scenes wouldn't make it interesting otherwise If there were enough scenes to show, then YES it should've been as awesome as class trial in game but If certain amount didn't suffice, well it became like what episode 3 is like to you.

2 out of 5 for this.
Jul 19, 2013 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
LEGOF said:
This is the closest thing I'm ever going to get to an Ace Attorney anime for now. I like it, and I definitely want to try the game.

Better you watch anime after finishing the game which is much more entertaining I should say so. Don't let anime ver. spoils you more than this because the next cases are exceptionally good to investigate
Jul 20, 2013 12:12 AM
Dec 2010
There's still one thing I have a major doubt about. How was Maizono planning to frame Naegi? I mean, let's say Maizono's plan gets off without a hitch(killing Leon). Is she going to hide Leon's dead body in Naegi's room then swap back the room? I mean, wouldn't that be FUCKING obvious that she's trying to frame Naegi??? For starters Naegi would've found the dead body in his room in a minute or two. And I'm sure there's some physical evidence of the two swapping rooms to sleep in, like hair on the beds and stuff. Anyone who walked past the two rooms would've also seen the positions of the two nameplates the other way. So there shouldn't be any way for Maizono to get away scot-free anyway, it would've been glaringly obvious that she swapped rooms with Naegi then killed Leon then tried to swap back.
Jul 20, 2013 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
Of course I can kill because it is self-defense !!

Haven't I heard this claim on the news only recently? Ah.. I think it is a murder case in which the victim's name starts with Zim....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 20, 2013 12:28 AM

May 2013
I hope the thing about mc being an esp isn't true
Jul 20, 2013 12:33 AM

Jan 2013
Welp... Monokuma has some mad skills with that bat.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 20, 2013 12:42 AM

Sep 2012
newnar said:
There's still one thing I have a major doubt about. How was Maizono planning to frame Naegi? I mean, let's say Maizono's plan gets off without a hitch(killing Leon). Is she going to hide Leon's dead body in Naegi's room then swap back the room? I mean, wouldn't that be FUCKING obvious that she's trying to frame Naegi??? For starters Naegi would've found the dead body in his room in a minute or two. And I'm sure there's some physical evidence of the two swapping rooms to sleep in, like hair on the beds and stuff. Anyone who walked past the two rooms would've also seen the positions of the two nameplates the other way. So there shouldn't be any way for Maizono to get away scot-free anyway, it would've been glaringly obvious that she swapped rooms with Naegi then killed Leon then tried to swap back.

that's why this is not adapted well concerning the investigation and fact telling after the class trial.
In the game it's explained even how leon removed traces using "roller cleaner". It wasn't mentioned at all in the anime was it?. just play the game then.
Jul 20, 2013 12:53 AM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:

But in the end, her writing it helped add in some depth and didn't make her killing and framing of Naegi seem so simple minded. In my opinion, I thought it was pretty bittersweet and tragic, since you know, it's heavily implied she wrote it because she was feeling regret over attempting to frame Naegi and wanted to try to save him from the consequences of her own actions...

..Dammit ;_;

Only very optimistic would think that. To me, she only did that to get revenge on Leon.

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.
Jul 20, 2013 12:55 AM

Sep 2012
puntung said:

Jul 20, 2013 1:27 AM
Dec 2012
puntung said:
That's the joke Maizono used to tell him, lol. He said he's kidding and it was just his intuition.
Jul 20, 2013 1:46 AM

May 2013
Raigrex said:
puntung said:
That's the joke Maizono used to tell him, lol. He said he's kidding and it was just his intuition.

Oops, I stopped watching right before he said it was just a joke. Stupid me
Jul 20, 2013 1:57 AM

Nov 2012
Much more enjoyable ep this week, was in danger of being dropped last week, loving the court setup. But man, I'm so bitter, wanted some blood. Being stoned to death by baseballs... epic. But when I can't see him dying and blood everywhere as he's killed it's such a shame, could have given off a very disturbing feeling that contrasts very well with the childlike drawing style.

Jul 20, 2013 2:03 AM
May 2013
I think it is decent adaptation....at least it's way more better than DeSu 2....for now...
Jul 20, 2013 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
Few things...

If this entire 13-episode anime based on a psychological x murder x mystery PSP game (and VN) and wanting to market it... Then oh wow... Now I want to play it. (Watch me die yikes.)

I get the chills when "Leon" broke... And the "cutscene". Even I can tell it's from a game. (Because I have seen DR-material around the web before this anime existed.)

So yea. This bear is giving me nightmares tonight. Nuff said.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 20, 2013 2:07 AM

Mar 2012
It was alright I guess, the execution scene was kind of meh though I have just watched the game execution scene and it wasn't really anymore brutal. The music and the animation , or lack there really detract from the scene.
Jul 20, 2013 2:15 AM

Aug 2009
For the past couple of days I had fun trying to solve the case with the limited clues we got only in the anime. Maizono + knife = win. Even though the entire third episode was dedicated to the class trial, it felt so overly rushed and confusing. I plan to play the game simultaneously as the anime progresses, so I can get a different pace of the events.

Kannei said:
Damn i Wished too see the fight between maizono and leon also the Scene didnt really looked soo diffrent frm the game the blooody ball wherent their either and noo voice i was looking Forward too the ep but it really wasnt much

Yeah I wanted to see this fully animated, rather than manga-panels. I wanted to see Kuwata using the traingsword against Maizono's knife. It went by really fast and seemed more confusing than informative. Such a shame, the show really should live up to its name; Dangan Ronpa -the animation.
Jul 20, 2013 2:32 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Jul 20, 2013 2:32 AM

Sep 2009
Unfortunately I don't have a PSP so tried to start the game on emulator but it doesn't work. So I would stick with anime.
Jul 20, 2013 2:47 AM

May 2011
For those complaining about the censorship, welcome to TV anime! Scene is still pretty damn intense if you put your mind into it enough and envision it yourself. Very nice debate too.
Jul 20, 2013 3:02 AM

Jan 2009
good adaption imo ! they also skipped OP and filled ED song as BGM so they could include more.also they used bullet effects so that is a plus too.they could do more but still this is far from ruined imo :D
amirhossJul 20, 2013 3:22 AM
Jul 20, 2013 3:10 AM

Jan 2013
"Who is Sakura-Chan" Lol. Everybody was like so shocked.

The way this show is animated and portrayed, I don't think it deserves the "horror" tag. There needs to be more blood and gore for horror shows.

Before this episode, I thought when the killer is caught, everybody gets to leave the school to the outside world. Looks like it just mean that life goes on inside the school for the survivors.

Looking at the game's status now, it seems that only 1 person (or 2) will survive and graduate? Unless some breakthrough happens and monobear is defeated.

What if there are just 2 surviving students? How will the class trial be conducted, or is it just a 1v1 to the death?

So many questions lol, looking forward to more of this show. 4.5/5
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jul 20, 2013 3:27 AM
Feb 2013
So now, I get the starting cutscene (with the person dying in the rocketship). It's where the previous group failed (because no-one else was watching or there, just a theory though), or maybe Monobear just kills for the fun of it.
Jul 20, 2013 3:27 AM

Jun 2012
That was kind of cool, the first half. However, once they found out who it was and then it showed his face and it was really obvious, things just kind of filled the rest of the episode, which was about 10 more minutes.
Also kind of cool, the animation of Leon's death, at least it was different.
That sucks for Leon, as he was only defending himself.
I also kind of dislike that they can pinpoint all the evidence so well. So perfect, in fact, that Naegi can tell how the whole scene went, as if he was there to see it. .

I really dislike the MC. It's not nice of me to say, but I dislike those shallow characters that just live by determination and are so pure and perfect. So yeah, I pretty much hope he dies.

I know this is an anime and all, but I've had this thought for a while- if everyone just lived together in the school, and monobear was bored out of his little bear mind.

Jul 20, 2013 3:28 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't play the game.... But this is pretty good....
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.