Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 23, 2020 8:15 PM

Mar 2019
Baseball player died, that was a nice investigation
Jun 17, 2020 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
Hehe, I actually thought the “esper” joke the MC made at the end was really charming. It really shows that the anime doesn’t want to immediately forget about those who die, paying homage to something a deceased person said in the past.

This anime is really interesting. It’s not a horror anime, and doesn’t emphasize the murder itself but the steps and strategies taken to commit the murders. And then psychological warfare in terms of pinning it on a suspect. My primitive brain couldn’t keep up at some points and I had to refer to online episode summaries to get a better understanding — and kudos to the people who have to write out these summaries and explain the complexities of it all.
❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙
As for Leon — ever since he was made a suspect, and throughout the process in which he argued back with “Retard! Retard! Retard! Shithead!”, I never had it out for him. Any teenager his age would show that kind of aggressive hostility. Any young person’s mind — or at least a lot of people I know — would snap like that if someone tried to pin a murder on them, whether they did it or not.

But even as he was revealed to be the murderer, I don’t think anyone should have any ill will towards him. I mean, what he said is true, he technically killed Sayak in self-defense. Even if he took the time to disassemble the doorknob after she barricaded herself in the bathroom, I understand his mindset of feeling like he needed to follow through. Didn’t seem like there was much turning back for either of them.

Sayaka struck first and Leon was doing what he had to do. “Any of you could be in the same place as me,” he said, and he’s not wrong.

❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙
Although, I’m wondering, hypothetically, what if Leon retreated and tried to seek help from the other “students”? And what if he could prove Sayaka’s attempt? What would the other students do? In fact, what if someone’s murder attempt fails?

Another thing, Monokuma said Leon disrupted “law-and-order”… for self-defense? In this school, what if someone tries to kill you but you overpower them and successfully murder them in self-defense (regardless of who might be aware). Are you automatically dealt a death sentence?

Finally, why did Sayaka choose Leon to invite to her room, and what was Leon expecting? What would Leon have thought Sayaka’s motive was for inviting him to her room? Why was this never touched on in the episode? This feels like something that would need to be established. Otherwise, the 1v1 pair-up between Sayaka and Leon seems kind of random. Sure Sayaka could’ve chosen anyone to kill (to pin on the MC of course), but we need to know Leon’s perspective. What did he think would happen when he entered Sayaka's room?
…
Then again, albeit vague, the note said Sayaka wanted to “discuss” something. I guess that’s reason enough for Leon to have gone?

removed-userJun 17, 2020 4:44 PM
Jun 20, 2020 3:02 AM

Apr 2020
I love how Kirigiri looks at almost every possibility and is able to free Naegi from having suspicions! I don't really like the art but oh well I still love the plot and story.
Nov 14, 2020 2:10 PM

Aug 2020
The animation for this anime is so different and intriguing to me. I really like it so far.

Nov 19, 2020 5:41 AM
Jul 2020
Dang, I guessed the wrong culprit. Though it was super cool how all the evidence lined up in the end. That execution was brutal...

I thought the trial was really cool though!!! Loved the whole game aspect of it, kind of like Pheonix Wright lol. (Yes I know this is based on a game)
Jan 21, 2021 12:39 PM

Aug 2018
I think I won't comment more.. As this series really is just detective, with the side dish of all being huge lie.. Well, my theory I wrote in episode 2, really.. And as there isn't really anything to write about.. No thoughts about life.. Or something.. Then I'll stop writing then..
Feb 28, 2021 1:46 AM

Feb 2020
well this show is all kinds of messed up. It gives me Future Diary vibes for some strange reason, I like it.

Mar 15, 2021 1:55 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Interesting progression in solving the murder. But basically it was just the name she clearly wrote on the wall which put it in the bag. Poor dude, what a way to go. I’m surprised they’ll show such a brutal way to get executed but won’t go further than pink blood lol. Anyway, feel sorry for the dude that was pretty much just defending himself.

So if blue haired chick really wanted to save him, I would like to say that she actually SHOULDN’T have written Leon’s name there. Why? Because then everyone would suspect it’s the MC (yeah literally just forgot his name), everyone would get it wrong and get executed, and then MC would automatically win and walk away free!

Apparently this adaptation isn’t doing the game justice. I don’t fucking care really, I don’t know anything about the games so I’m just going in blind and I’m happy with what I’m getting. Not judging this by what it doesn’t have from the games, just by what it is on its own. And so far it’s been really entertaining. Just looking for dumb fun anime to watch in between of the anime of this stacked winter 2021 season, which is coming to a close soon ;(

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 26, 2021 9:53 AM
May 2020
As a person who played the game, this was very enjoyable, but also painful. They skipped over a lot of details during the investigation and then during the trial they pretended not to.
Aug 30, 2021 4:15 AM

Feb 2014
Kirigiri saying that Maizono left the message behind because she was worried about Naegi? How ludicrous, she had the opportunity to rat her killer out, because she knew if he was caught he would suffer the same as her, saving Naegi was collateral.

Also, as some people have said before, the trial was rushed, Leon could have alleged several things to defend himself, not only that why would he use his own set when he was in "Maizono's" room, he should have used "hers".
Nov 9, 2021 10:46 PM

Jan 2021
Man, appearances can really be decieving, our sweet little Maizono turned out to be the most shrewd one among all, trying to go for the kill in the 3rd night itself!! That being said, I can't help but feel bad for Leon as I would have 100% done the same thing in his situation😢

Also looks like our purple haired girl has taken quite a liking to our MC, she seems a really calm and collected individual, looking forward to more of their interactions

Apr 6, 2022 10:34 AM

Aug 2018
Wow... that was... a gruesome way of execution. I felt like I was playing a game here.
Oct 8, 2022 7:41 PM
May 2020
It was like I was watching the videogame! Which, I suppose is their intention. The culprit wasn't completely obvious, but all the clues worked out well.
Dec 15, 2022 3:44 AM

Jan 2021
Oh no... Leon died by being hit by hundreds... or maybe thousands? baseballs... that means he died slowly right... I can't and don't even want to imagine the pain. It's a bit sad because he was actually forced by circumstances to kill Sayaka.

Kirigiri is so cool. My favorite character so far. I hope she doesn't die until the last episode and can get out of that academy!

Jan 14, 2023 2:49 PM
Nov 2022
It was fine... not perfect and not bad. It was something in-between.
Jun 10, 2023 9:56 PM
May 2023
twists everywhere uwu
Sep 9, 2023 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
I was wondering why the murderer would write his own name on the wall, but with a knife in the belly she wrote the whole name with her own blood? I mean... that's pretty difficult.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.