Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2007 5:37 PM

Jun 2007
Media Info

ADV Films have chosen to pick up Vampire Knight as an anime, despite the fact that there is not that much information for them as of right now. Having scouted several places for worthy seiyuus and finding nothing, they then proceeded to choose a talent agency to scout other schools and places for them. 150 hopeful finalists were selected from a school (name withheld for privacy), and 25 of them were then interviewed by ADV, found satisfactory, and the final cast - from various other talent agencies, as well - will be interviewed in late October.

Some definite roles for the cast, as far as the media have been informed, include Shun Fernandez, for the role of Senri Shiki/ Zero Kiryu, Takuya Kobayashi (from a talent agency) for the role of Headmaster Cross, Issendai Tomekawa for the role of Ichiru Kiryu and Kazuhaki Boniko for the role of Shizuka Hioh.

The ADV members have set definite standards for their main cast; i.e, Zero, Kaname, Yuki, Aidou and Ichijou. For Yuki, they're hoping for a 'sweet, innocent young voice' that is 'stil forceful and energetic'. Zero's standards were met spectacularly in Shun Fernandez, who had a 'low, forceful growl, that still sounded incredibly sexy and seductive'. However, they opted for him as Shiki first, as Shiki's part is slowly being built up by the author. Shun originally was objected to that role, but after a talk, he understood the implications. Kaname's voice, the ADV members are hoping, will be 'like glass, dulcet and smooth and unpenetrable, but can be shattered by Yuki's sweet tones'. In Aidou, they hope for another 'sexy, smooth' voice that 'easily displays emotions such as irritation, yet hides a lot'. And for Ichijou, the standards were simple; 'a happy go lucky, yet perceptive voice that is also increasingly seductive'.

Some people who the ADV members have set high standards for, for these main cast members are Miyuki Fernandez, aiming for Yuki Cross/Sayori Wakaba/Ruka, and Tamake Tezuti - aiming for Kaname or Aidou.

info@http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Knight

OMG @.@
i sooo hope this is going to turn out good :S
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 20, 2007 5:41 PM

Nov 2004
It's wikipedia... I'm pretty sure it's fake. Because no other site talks about any anime from what I can see.
Oct 21, 2007 5:39 AM

Jun 2007
Crystal said:
It's wikipedia... I'm pretty sure it's fake. Because no other site talks about any anime from what I can see.

i think u are right.
i've searched some more but couldnt find any other info. and most interviews with the author are in japanese so i couldnt understand what was said there.
tbh i' not sure that i want to see vampire knight adopted into anime.
Oct 21, 2007 7:32 AM

Aug 2005
:( Even if it's from Wiki... I'm really holing that it's true...!

It would be amazing if it was an anime! Let's keep our fingers crossed! X3
Oct 26, 2007 9:07 PM

Aug 2007
i hope its true and that there will be an anime ;]
Oct 28, 2007 12:13 PM

Sep 2007
I hope it's true, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Especially if it's on Wiki.
Oct 29, 2007 10:25 PM

Aug 2007
i hope it's true too.

i soo wanna buy it when it gets out in japan.
Nov 16, 2007 10:29 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I'd love to see it animated well (I say well because I still can't get over the butchering of TRC) but I really don't think there's enough information for them to do it yet. We're only on Chapter 33 here... true, that hasn't stopped many other series from being animated... but the endings always feel weird because they're abrupt and leave tons of questions :S

I guess that "animated well" needs further emphasis...
Nov 22, 2007 7:49 PM

Oct 2007
*screams*

That just made my weekend Ashura! o.0

Kineta said:
I'd love to see it animated well (I say well because I still can't get over the butchering of TRC)

100% with you there. Guess we'll find out now.
Nov 24, 2007 2:04 PM

Aug 2007
ashura said:

VK ANIME 2008 <333
Magazine Lala has annonced the Vampire Knight is going to be serialized during 2008

OMG!! Are you serious?
You just made my day!! I could die happy now XD
ReveriesianNov 27, 2007 11:39 AM
Nov 24, 2007 2:23 PM

Sep 2007
YAY. I cant wait to see this. I wonder who they're going to get to do everyones voices. So excited.

Nov 24, 2007 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
well, there is Vampire Knight CD Drama
the jap cast is:

Yuki Kuruzo - Yui Horie
Kaname Kuran - Daisuke Kishio
Zero Kiryu - Mamoru Miyano
Hanabusa Aidou - Jun Fukuyama
Akatsuki Kain - Junichi Suwabe
Takuma Ichijou - Susumu Chiba
Senri Shiki - Soichiro Hoshi
Headmaster Kuruzo - Takehito Koyasu
Sayori Wakaba - Kana Ueda
Shizuka Hio - Keiko Sonoda
Shouda Kass - Fuka Shou

i really hope hey keep it or at least Mamoru as Zero
Nov 24, 2007 6:39 PM

Sep 2007
I would love for Mamoru to play Zero again. That would make me happy.

btw ashura love the new icon. cain's yummy.

Nov 24, 2007 6:55 PM

Nov 2004
*makes a public post about this* I don't like club forums lol. It's too self-contained. I want more Vampire Knight hype on MAL. T.T

But yeah OMG VAMPIRE KNIGHT ANIME <3 <3 <3 <3
Nov 25, 2007 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
2008 will be a great year!!! <333
Nov 27, 2007 2:31 PM

Aug 2007
Yay, a Vampire Knight anime!

Wait a second, ADV is an American company. What company's supposed to release it in Japan?
Dec 2, 2007 7:17 AM

Sep 2007
As much as I'd love to see Vampire Knight animated, it'd be painful to see it rushed (ala Claymore). VK still doesn't have enough material to go up to 24/26 episodes. At this rate, only up to a mere 12 episodes, which is also good.

But anyways, why not only after the manga finishes? :< At least they'll have everything to work on and make it above decent.
Dec 2, 2007 7:04 PM

Jul 2007
yeaaaahhh! i've heard the rumor of it being an anime too circulating the web. I dont' think ADV is doing it though, and that LALA mag reference pretty much hits the spot doesn't it?

I think i find vampire knight as an anime disturbing...[thinking of the bite scenes].

Dec 2, 2007 8:54 PM

Nov 2004
Massaki said:
As much as I'd love to see Vampire Knight animated, it'd be painful to see it rushed (ala Claymore). VK still doesn't have enough material to go up to 24/26 episodes. At this rate, only up to a mere 12 episodes, which is also good.

But anyways, why not only after the manga finishes? :< At least they'll have everything to work on and make it above decent.

A lot of anime based on manga are also made for promotional purposes. An ongoing manga has an active fanbase (when a manga finishes the fans start to dwindle as people move on) so thus more watchers for the show. At the same time, because of an anime, a lot of people go to buy the manga also to begin reading it. Manga normally end either because the author can't continue any longer or because there isn't enough popularity. Assuming that most authors want their manga to keep on going to be able to feed themselves it's good publicity for an ongoing manga.
Dec 3, 2007 6:05 AM

Sep 2007
Crystal said:
A lot of anime based on manga are also made for promotional purposes. An ongoing manga has an active fanbase (when a manga finishes the fans start to dwindle as people move on) so thus more watchers for the show. At the same time, because of an anime, a lot of people go to buy the manga also to begin reading it. Manga normally end either because the author can't continue any longer or because there isn't enough popularity. Assuming that most authors want their manga to keep on going to be able to feed themselves it's good publicity for an ongoing manga.

That is true. It does promote the manga, but it's disappointing when an anime series that is based off a manga strolls away from the original storyline and continues a new one when it could just follow it up. That's just how I think anyways. =x

something_vague said:
yeaaaahhh! i've heard the rumor of it being an anime too circulating the web. I dont' think ADV is doing it though, and that LALA mag reference pretty much hits the spot doesn't it?

I think i find vampire knight as an anime disturbing...[thinking of the bite scenes].

Not wanting to go off-topic but, if you think that's disturbing, then what would Hellsing (be it the manga or the OVAs) be? Over disturbing? Seeing Alucard rip necks with just his teeth is.. well, you get the picture.
Dec 3, 2007 6:12 PM

Jul 2007
Not wanting to go off-topic but, if you think that's disturbing, then what would Hellsing (be it the manga or the OVAs) be? Over disturbing? Seeing Alucard rip necks with just his teeth is.. well, you get the picture.

lol! hellsing might be too disturbing for me. but, I meant it'd be disturbing as in....i wonder how well the studio animating VK will pull off the bite scenes. I'm hoping they don't....in a sense cheapen the suspense of it. then again, if you ever heard of Karin? they pulled off bite scenes....in a way that it seemed normal i guess.

And yes! i totally agree with the different storylines deal/differences between an anime and the original manga...its things like what they did with Ouran (well, they did a decent job on it) that kind of bother me.
Dec 4, 2007 11:17 AM

Sep 2007
something_vague said:
lol! hellsing might be too disturbing for me. but, I meant it'd be disturbing as in....i wonder how well the studio animating VK will pull off the bite scenes. I'm hoping they don't....in a sense cheapen the suspense of it. then again, if you ever heard of Karin? they pulled off bite scenes....in a way that it seemed normal i guess.

Well, as long as they don't cut them completely out of the anime. But, putting a bit more of realism to it would be interesting to see. As in, actually seeing the fangs dig into the neck and splatter blood.. =x And not make it look like something completely different. ;f
Dec 21, 2007 3:41 AM

Oct 2006
ashura said:
well, there is Vampire Knight CD Drama
the jap cast is:

Yuki Kuruzo - Yui Horie
Kaname Kuran - Daisuke Kishio
Zero Kiryu - Mamoru Miyano

i really hope hey keep it or at least Mamoru as Zero

yes, the staff has been announced and these 3 will still be voicing the roles in the anime =)
Dec 28, 2007 7:01 PM

Nov 2007
I'm really glad they're keeping it that way! Especially Miyano Mamoru!! I was satisfied with almost all of the casts in the Drama CD. Cept I did expect Kaname's to be a bit deeper. Now I'm hoping they're gonna keep the others as well.
Dec 29, 2007 12:49 PM

Dec 2007
so Awesome.
cant WAIIIIIT
<3
Jan 26, 2008 8:33 PM
Jan 2008
i hope they really do this one it's so KOOOL!!!!!!
Jan 28, 2008 5:50 AM

Nov 2007
i really can't wait... the graphics are really good too!! but my expression of zero in anime... he's kinda different.. i prefer to manga.. but oh well.. let's see how he will do in anime.

Feb 14, 2008 2:45 PM

Oct 2007
I would soooo watch this as an anime!

Feb 17, 2008 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
Well, it would be nice to see Vampire Knight animated, but I can only hope it's doesn't turn out like Rosario + Vampire. >,<

Feb 17, 2008 7:43 PM

Jan 2008
This is so weird. I just stumbled across this blog page talking about the VK anime. I'm just adding a small insert. XD

"The Japanese anime Website Moonphase is reporting (via Anime News Network) that, according to the January issue of Hakusensha's LaLa magazine, Matsuri Hino's shojo manga Vampire Knight is being adapted into an anime series. The announcement did not include any information about the cast, the staff/studio, or the potential broadcast date of the Vampire Knight anime series."

original journal entry

Feb 18, 2008 3:30 AM

Nov 2007
hmm.. but it's already revealed who'll be their voice actors and the studio...

btw, the official site is Update now with characters, story and alike!!

Apr 1, 2008 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
Yay! The first episode will be aired on 7th April! I'm looking forward for these series (:
Apr 1, 2008 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
Haruhi-Suzumiya said:
Yay! The first episode will be aired on 7th April! I'm looking forward for these series (:

wah~! ^^ so happy! *happy dance* i hope i'm able to find a good fansub, and that they don''t butcher the storyline or characters. i wonder which american company will buy the rights to it?

Apr 1, 2008 5:51 PM

Mar 2008
the anime look great soo far!

i was scared to see Zero in some pics not looking as hot as he is in the manga..
Kaname-Sama is still the hottie he is ^^

i saw the tv ad for VK, that was aired in Japan, it looks even MORE GREAT then the trailer, seen that we didnt have any moving clips >.>

i cant wait for it ^^
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Apr 1, 2008 6:03 PM

Nov 2007
They made the face of Kaname and Zero a bit thinner, the nose isn't as pointy for example, and I think it's this "lack" of relief on the faces that make them look softer, and thus here, younger.

I'm so far rather pleased with what I've seen, I don't think the little changes in chara design will affect the popularity of the show. I still think the eyes, especially on Kaname, are very different form the manga and on the mainly publicized pic (included in the promo video), the eyes seem to shrink toward the inside of the face, so he lost his charisma with it ^-^ let's hope it's only on that particular pic

On the contrary, the difference in eyes' drawing makes Yuuki look cuter ^-^ (her eyes in the manga art were *often* expressionless in spite of how HUGE they were)

As for the voices, I wasn't convinced by Yuuki's and Kaname's voices. I like these respective seiyuu, but their interpretation or just their voices didn't fit my image of the characters in the dramacds. Yuuki's was plainly annoying (so high! and sounded more like a 6 year-old than 15), and Kaname's wasn't deep enough for me ^^; It sounded "forced" to make it deep. Zero's voice was pinpoint, just like I thought it would be ;p
Apr 1, 2008 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
PetiteChatonne said:
Yuuki's was plainly annoying (so high! and sounded more like a 6 year-old than 15), and Kaname's wasn't deep enough for me ^^; It sounded "forced" to make it deep.

oh no!! that doesn't sound very promising!

Apr 6, 2008 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
If it's for the subs - don't worry, many fansub groups will sub it :P So that's not a problem at all!

OMG - tomorrow is coming out the RAW, but when it will be subbed - who knows
Apr 9, 2008 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
Haruhi-Suzumiya said:
If it's for the subs - don't worry, many fansub groups will sub it :P So that's not a problem at all!

OMG - tomorrow is coming out the RAW, but when it will be subbed - who knows
god i hope it's soon!!

May 19, 2008 2:17 AM

Feb 2008
They make Ichijou look funny in it...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» So how mnay of you want to play the Vampire Knight DS game??!!

Akane- - Jan 24, 2009

1 by Zeki4life »»
May 27, 2016 11:40 PM

» Zero

zerovklover - Dec 10, 2008

5 by Zeki4life »»
May 27, 2016 11:37 PM

» [Quiz] Who would be your perfect Vampire Knight boyfriend? (With Pics!! girls quiz)

ashura - Nov 13, 2007

45 by Zeki4life »»
May 27, 2016 11:35 PM

» Who is the Hottest Vampire Knight Guy? ( 1 2 )

r00kie_06 - Nov 3, 2007

83 by Zeki4life »»
May 27, 2016 11:32 PM

Poll: » Who should end with Yuuki? :3 ( 1 2 )

Haoji - Jul 25, 2007

99 by Zeki4life »»
May 27, 2016 11:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.