Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 29, 2009 11:20 AM
Mar 2008
Sin said:
I am FUCKING OBSESSED with Ubel Blatt right now. There's no manga at the moment besides maybe UxU that I want to release faster.

Oooh . . . sounds like it can be a future Featured Series!
Mar 29, 2009 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
HatsumiShinogu said:
I am already planning on getting X/1999, though some of the volumes are OOP. As for the others, I am not sure. Honestly, I didn't think the Magic Knight Rayearth anime anything special, so I am not sure if the manga is any better.

I literally haven't seen the anime for 10 years, but the manga is much more compact and stylized if I remember correctly. Well, at 3 volumes, it would have to be.
Apr 7, 2009 5:35 PM

Aug 2008
After rereading Asterisk and looking forward to purchasing volume 5 soon, it definitely qualifies as an obsessed series. ;) Volume 2 is when it crossed the line for me.

I'm obsessed with a lot of Ichiraci series actually and have been madly buying all of them that I can. Not an easy or cheap feat considering the low circulation and age of many. ^_^;;

Silver Diamond is the obvious one. I was obsessed from chapter 1.
Hakkenden. New volume 4/20! YES! Volume 5 or so I think is when it really got good.
Depending how the new volumes of Umi no Kishidan go, it might get promoted to obsessed. ;)
Apr 8, 2009 10:48 AM
Mar 2008
HatsumiShinogu said:
Legal Drug seems to be a good read but the fact that it is on hiatus is not so encouraging. Can you please recommend some of their best old titles.

Somehow I get the feeling that Clamp doesn't intend on ever finishing Legal Drug especially since that they have the lengthier and more popular xxxHolic (which is also supernatural but without the shounen-ai of Legal Drug) = /

HatsumiShinogu said:
I am already planning on getting X/1999, though some of the volumes are OOP. As for the others, I am not sure. Honestly, I didn't think the Magic Knight Rayearth anime anything special, so I am not sure if the manga is any better.

I haven't seen the MKR aniime but I've read the manga and didn't think that it was anything special. This may mostly be 'cuz I've read so much stories about a girl/girls getting lost in another world, but end up being the "chosen" one to save it, etc. and I've read better.

@shin: Hakkenden looks good but it looks like it isn't being scanlated anymore which sucks for English readers like me = /
Apr 26, 2009 4:21 PM

Feb 2009
I was introduced to Only You by Rianna and I absolutely fell in love with this story.
A dark, supernatural romance just right for me right now! It really consumed me after the first chapter. The story so far is really touching so I'm looking forward for more!
Apr 29, 2009 11:24 PM

Jan 2008
I'm going crazy on several ongoing manga series now. Here's some of my favorites:

Nana - yeah yeah it's quite weird for a guy like me to like Nana but I can't help falling for it being so realistic. The plot doesn't just define the slice of life genre, Yazawa Ai takes it to the next level revealing the dark and the bright side of 'fate'.

Eyeshield 21 - This proves the importance of intelligence in every battle. It made me think that if superman and lex luthor were fighting and neither of them are evil or good, it's safe to say that the man of steal will be defeated.

Change 123 - Yeah, I mean it, it's just a matter of fan 'services'. Hot girls that kicks ass! Moe~

Bakuman - coolest shounen, slice of life manga series out there.

Superior - I'm fond of "rivals-turned-lovers" romance plots and this one surely rocks.

May 8, 2009 9:11 AM

Aug 2008
The newest volumes of Hakkenden and Boku to Kanojo no XXX have only fueled my obsession. But having to wait another YEAR for the next Boku to Kanojo no XXX volume douses it a bit. :/

I'm enjoying Houou Gakuen Misoragumi as well. I wasn't sure if it would stay interesting after the first volume, but it did.
Jul 9, 2009 11:00 PM

Mar 2009
I've been obsessed with Banana Fish since this past winter. Friend got them for me for xmas/bday/late high school grad gift (and some other stuff). I was back for less than two weeks (I did winter session), but certainly read it all in that time and then took them back to school with me and re-read them. Since then, I've started re-reading them again pretty recently, on vol 5 again.

For years, Maison Ikkoku, I was getting them as they came out starting around when vol 2 game out I believe. It was one of the first series I gradually collected, I'd get $20 or weekly allowance back in high school and if there was a new MI, it got first priority for buying over all else. I used to get way more manga back in high school now I think about it.

Last month, I managed to track down vol 1 and 13 of Please Save My Earth and re-read the series. Also had my friend come over (I do lend her manga, but not this one, too tough to get a hold of!) and she enjoyed it as well. I lent her the OVA, which is how I found out about the series (6 episode =/= 21 volumes) and determined the manga probably did a heck of a lot more and was right! She didn't get a chance to watch the OVA, but at least her younger sister did.

Those are probably always gonna be the 3 big ones for me, the only ones I've rated 10.

oh damn, near forgot about Liar Game. I turned a few friends to this series at college and we all wait with baited breath for the new chapter! Probably check for a new chapter twice a day at least it seems.
Jul 10, 2009 12:37 AM

Jun 2009
As of right now I am reading Love.Com. I loved the anime so I had to pick the manga up and I was not disappointing. It is so funny. And different.

I am also reading Immortal Rain. I hope the ninth comes out.

I have read a bunch of x/1999. I must say that I love it. Such a good manga.

---I'm not going there to die...I'm going there to find out if I'm really alive-Spike, Cowboy Bebop---
Jul 11, 2009 8:56 PM

Jun 2009
Not so much a series but an entire area in manga. I am currently really into the entire underground, alternative, and experiemental works. So I care more about the authors/artists rather then the series. Such people are Kiriko Nananan, Yoshihiro Tatsumi, Fredic Boilet, Katsuhiro Otomo, Jiro Taniguchi, Asano Inio, and Taiyo Matsumoto to name a few. This thread on ANN is very informative and I noticed that there are very few works noted by the club that fit the bill for this subculture of manga. All very good and few very long works (spanning multiple volumes), so many shorts stories abound. It is hard to get a hold of them and the most reliable source is actually buying the book since they are usually not scanned. I'm still debating whether to buy the anthologies Secret Comics Japan, Comics Underground--Japan, or Memories of Her... (some of the early works of Otomo).

EDIT: Just snagged a cheap copy of Secret Comics Japan off of Ebay and I am planning on buying Memories of Her... tomorrow.
Pierre_BezukhovJul 14, 2009 4:22 PM
"In the Beginning, the creative energy radiates from within."
-
No, no. That's Lame. Sounds like something out of a Jodorowsky comic.

The Tokusyu Manga Club - Features alternative comics/avant-garde comics/outsider comics/psychdelic comics/surrealistic comics/underground comics + La Nouvelle Manga (part of Alternative).

If I'm here, its because I have nothing better to do.
Aug 16, 2009 11:12 PM

Apr 2008
HatsumiShinogu said:
I am also hunting for more of CLAMP's earlier works, which most of them are OOP.

I'm a Clamp whore but I have to ask. What is OOP?

I'm renewing my love for Tsubasa Chronicles. After having backlogged 6 volumes, I finally sat down to read them again. OMG! I love it so much. I'm having to make myself slow down. LOL

Fushigi Yuugi Genbu is another one of my current obsessions as well as Ayashi no Ceres. I plan on completing AnC this year but I feel like I'm waiting forever for the next volume of FYG to come out. No reading this stuff online. These are keepers for me. I read some of Fruits Basket online, a series that I'm collecting the manga for, and when I sat down to read the manga in my hands, my experience was ruined because I had "already read it". So I just impatiently wait for the ones I physically collect. ^.^
Aug 17, 2009 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
duotrouble said:
I'm a Clamp whore but I have to ask. What is OOP?

OOP = Out Of Print

I absolutely love X, but I don't think they will ever finish it :-( My current obsession is Dogs: Bullets and Carnage I have no idea why I love it, but I do.
Aug 17, 2009 3:34 PM

Mar 2008
Currently I only have two obsessions one being Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden, and Loveless.

Genbu Kaiden is just awesome, in my opinion it out shines the first series which I was also obsessed with for some time. The characters are like able, not to mention the plot is one I like a lot. I wish it came out faster in the Unties States, to be honest but the mangaka has a lot on her right now.

As for Loveless I adore the shounen ai/yaoi genre, and this is one of my favorite shounen ai's. The plot is so unique, a little confusing at times but still interesting its different and original. Though its a shame it takes forever for the volumes to come out, but still a great read!!
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Aug 18, 2009 8:09 AM

Sep 2007
Yoru_Hime said:
As for Loveless I adore the shounen ai/yaoi genre, and this is one of my favorite shounen ai's. The plot is so unique, a little confusing at times but still interesting its different and original. Though its a shame it takes forever for the volumes to come out, but still a great read!!

I watched the anime and I really enjoyed it, so now I started to read the manga. I'm really liking it so far. I think I'm going to start purchasing volumes for it as well. :D
Aug 18, 2009 11:21 AM
Jul 2009
so obsessed with Skip Beat, Vampire Knight, Captive Hearts, Kaze Hikaru, Merupuri (all over again), Hot Gimmick.

I have so much more that I need to get off my shoulders, but I don't want to take too much space so for now I'll only these.

But really if just one, I'll say currently Kaze Hikaru and Skip Beat.
If I'm no longer replying back, means my life is busy. As simple as that. Will get back as life settle down.
Aug 21, 2009 4:41 PM
Aug 2009
Aside from the popular favorites (like skip beat, air gear, etc)

I'm currently reading Bloody Monday, Bakuman, Until Death Do Us Part, REAL, Nodame Cantabile.

The one i really look forward to is Bloody Monday. (kinda death note-esque, withgood art, and i'm happy to say: less word balloons X3)
Aug 21, 2009 6:16 PM
Jan 2009
I recently finished "Eden" from Hikori Endo - so far the only manga series with so many volumes I was willing to read to the end. It was pretty awesome, but the main plot found a rather disappointing ending in my opinion, the many side plots were somewhat more interesting. I hope I will find another manga with a quality of this kind, but I'm afraid there isn't much that will come close to my expectations.

I'm currently reading "Blame!" from Tsutomu Nihei, but that one seems to be rather well known. It's really something unique, I like it's dark style and gloomy plot, but I keep wondering about what's happening in specific scenes, especially in battles. Everything is pitch-dark, the background, the characters and so on, it's hard to see the details. Or Nihei just simply has some problems with drawing it more clearly, I'm not sure.

I also started "Please Save My Earth" from Saki Hiwatari a few years ago. I made it to the - let me guess - 5th or 6th volume or so. It's interesting, but it lost my main attention when I got to read some other mangas, especially Eden. I might continue it soon again, but I will probably first get all the other volumes too in order to avoid making a break with that series again. It's definitely not that much "hardcore" like Eden or Blame!, one would call it a Shoujo teenager series I guess, but it has still some nice ideas and interesting dramatic situations.
31fasdfdyxAug 21, 2009 6:20 PM
Sep 22, 2009 5:03 PM
Mar 2008
Thanks to duelistbluerose, I've been into Shadow Star (Narutaru) and Bokurano lately. I'm actually reading both at the same time = )

They're both very mysterious series and that's one of the main reasons why seinen is now my favorite genre is because a lot of them are mysteries that no matter how weird and unusual they may be, there's just something about them that just makes me want to continue reading and that's how I feel about these 2 series.

@Argalet: I'm still waiting for the Eden scans to finish, but otherwise I've read through most of this series as well.

I'm also interested in checking out Blame!
Sep 22, 2009 9:16 PM

Feb 2008
sakura_r0se said:
Thanks to duelistbluerose, I've been into Shadow Star (Narutaru) and Bokurano lately. I'm actually reading both at the same time = )

They're both very mysterious series and that's one of the main reasons why seinen is now my favorite genre is because a lot of them are mysteries that no matter how weird and unusual they may be, there's just something about them that just makes me want to continue reading and that's how I feel about these 2 series.

Im glad you're enjoying them ^_^ but wow - reading BOTH at the same time? You'll need a shrink after your finished.

and where are you reading naru taru? are you reading the un-edited version that I linked on the club wall? i hope so because if you're reading it on a scanlation page there's going to be a lot missing from it. reading bokurano on www.onemanga.com is fine though.
Sep 23, 2009 1:36 PM

Sep 2009
Right now I'm really enjoying Fullmetal Alchemist, Seven Days and Golden Days. Golden Days has a very interesting plot and you can't not love the characters. Fullmetal Alchemist is (so far) perfect <3. As for Seven Days, it's just too cute :)
Sep 23, 2009 2:19 PM

Aug 2008
OrangeSky said:
Golden Days has a very interesting plot and you can't not love the characters.

Ah, I loved Golden Days <3 It doesn't have a lot of readers.
Sep 23, 2009 5:58 PM

Sep 2007
Claymore. I know it's well known, but I've just got around to reading it and once I start reading it, it's so hard to stop! Just yesterday I spent around 3 hours reading it because I got so sucked in, and I did around 30 chapters. XD
Sep 25, 2009 1:31 PM

Apr 2009
I just started Sanctuary, and wow I had high expectations for this manga but I actually didn't expect it to be this good.
Sep 29, 2009 12:13 AM

Feb 2008
SixFlags said:
I just started Sanctuary, and wow I had high expectations for this manga but I actually didn't expect it to be this good.

That was my reaction to it as well. Awesome to see someone else reading it :)

Right now I'm really enjoying Hokuto no Ken and Oyasumi Punpun. Obviously for very different reasons lol. I'm also reading Blame for the second time and loving it probably even more than the first time around.
Oct 26, 2009 4:11 PM

Sep 2007
I'm also currently reading Sanctuary. And I agree with you guys, it's very addicting, but it's board line sexist. It's not the rape scenes that bother me, but the lack of a strong female character, and the portrayal of 'otherness' as female and something that must be conquered and dominated.

These things really disappointed me. But not enough to stop reading because the story was/is genuinely interesting. Nevertheless, this sexism drops the manga from a master piece of 10/10 in my books, to a 8/10. I still have 25 chapters to go, so we shall see if the manga can redeem itself here.

ps - I'm not sure if it was appropriate to drop an analysis in this thread, but I wanted to share with someone what I got from reading Sanctuary. Also, there is a lot more analysis that I have left unsaid, namely, the underworld's usage of women to make profit. It is never made explicit in the manga, but the imagery is more then enough for one not to miss it. I feel like Sanctuary is tackling the social issue in the wrong way, and missing the big picture. That is, a lot of social problems not only stem from a lack of education, but the kind of education. If one is educated in a patriarchal highly dominating way, violence and domination is reinforced in the education itself. Alright, now I'm just going vastly off topic. haha. sorry. (I'm very interested in education and media and the links these two have with reinforcing social norms, so I find this type of stuff very interesting ;])
Oct 26, 2009 4:41 PM

Feb 2009
I got obsessed with 1/2 Prince lately.
It's an MMORPG based story which takes place in 2100 where the reality rate of these games are 99% and you can play while SLEEPING! (That's one part I found amusing).
I think it can be considered as a shoujo shounen comedy and so on mixture of lots of genres, but after reading like two chapters I laughed my head off.
I really recommend it for everyone!
Oct 26, 2009 8:09 PM

Dec 2008
Ohh 1/2 Prince is really nice...it seems to be an usual gender bender at first but then it gets so interesting and hilariuos! and I love the way they portray the absurd parts of the MMORPG. Anyhow, they outstanding part of this manga is exactly that mixture of genres..it is always nice to see love stories like this, where the romance isn't the main point or the center for everything.
Nov 5, 2009 12:34 PM

Sep 2007
Angel Densetsu - I decided to try it because it was Yagi-san's other work and I really like it. It's funny and charming. There is hardly any plot, but I always want to read more to see what else the characters will get themselves into.
Nov 6, 2009 2:41 PM

Sep 2007
Bara no Tame ni- I've reached chapter 32, the last one that was scanlated, and I really love it! ;; It's a shame that this is the last chapter that has been scanlated so far :( It's really cute.
Nov 10, 2009 9:46 PM
Aug 2009
I've been into Aoi Hana lately. Fumi is really a fantastic character, and not -entirely- because of my bias towards adorable glasses-wearing bookish lesbians. That being said, I'm still a little miffed at the series, what with

Though I have to admit, Shimura draws hair very well. But I find it kind of hilarious how she'll just apparently run out of time to finish however-many-pages so we'll end up with an absurd amount of white/black space (she uses it artistically to decent effect sometimes, I'm positive that it's laziness/deadlines the rest of the time though). Like that one page that was just white space but still divided into like, 5 panels with some internal monologue here and there. That was kinda amusing.

I think I prefer the manga to the anime anyway, though. The anime expanded one or two things and made them more clear, but the manga puts a lot more ridiculous energy into its comic relief moments.
Nov 15, 2009 7:31 AM

Feb 2008
Somewhat actively reading Eternal Sabbath, the plot gets more and more interesting as I read. I started to read it some months ago, but forgot about it, and found it again last week during a boring lesson at school. :D

Long way to go till the end, I'm sure the story will have lots of twists ahead!
Nov 17, 2009 4:01 PM

Nov 2007
I've started Flat today, and I already caught up with the scanlations. Such an adorable and refreshing series. It resembles Usagi Drop in a way, probably due to the calm atmosphere of the story. If you like one, you'll certainly like the other as well. Ah, and this is from a new mangaka.

I need more chapters though
Nov 21, 2009 10:20 AM

Nov 2007
I am really loveing xxxHOLiC, so there is my CLAMP fix. Other then that, I have been waiting for more chps of the follow:

Ningyou Kyuutei Gakudan by Kaori Yuki - It's such a good story but its only 3 volumes long...she needs to make another really long series.

Sakurahime Kaden by Tanemura Arina - It is really cute but still maintains her usually character personailties so some may find it boreing.

Purple Eyes by Shinohara Chie - Ever since I read 'Red River' I have been reading as much as I can find by her. She has such an interesting style you can help but want more of.

There are more, but it would take along to list them all. ^.^;;
Nov 21, 2009 5:07 PM

Oct 2008
Kanata Kara - I dropped FY after
and also because I was getting REALLY annoyed with Miaka, so I was hesitant about picking up another manga with the same plotline. But Kanata kara exceeded my expectations BY FAR, and I strongly recommend this manga! The romance is VERY sweet, and not smutty. The main girl is somewhat annoying at the beginning, with her crying and whatnot, but her development and character growth into a strong character made her pretty likable by the end.

KokoroChan: Nobody will beat our SuperAwesomeAsianNinjaSkillzzz (S.A.A.N.S.)!!!!!! l P h o t o s h o p G a l l e r y l
Nov 21, 2009 8:47 PM

Apr 2007
I'm really loving Glass no Kamen so far.

The art may be a bit outdated, but the story is amazing. And it's probably the reason why I love older shoujo manga (like from the 70's, 80's, early 90's or older) in the first place. :-)

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Dec 7, 2009 7:46 PM

Sep 2007
I'm rereading 20th Century Boys because I forgot where I left off about a year ago. It is just as amazing as I remember. Urasawa is an incredible story teller. It is amazing how he flawlessly goes between past and present, which is rather difficult to do. I really need to read his other stuff.
Dec 12, 2009 12:49 PM

Feb 2009
soaring_wings said:
I'm also currently reading Sanctuary. And I agree with you guys, it's very addicting, but it's board line sexist. It's not the rape scenes that bother me, but the lack of a strong female character, and the portrayal of 'otherness' as female and something that must be conquered and dominated.
Yeah I'm only a few volumes in and I'm getting the same feeling as you already.

Virtually every woman in the manga so far is just some whore getting nailed by the Yakuza, with the exception of Ishihara who alternatively wants to get nailed by one of the top Yakuza, has wet dreams about him and wonders why she had to be born a woman.

At least the character art is nice.
Dec 21, 2009 4:43 AM

Jul 2007
Last night I finished CLAMP's classic Tokyo Babylon, and I could see why so many people love it so much. I really want to read X/1999, but the only thing that puts me off is the fact it's on hold, and has been in years. Still, this has definetley re-sparked my interest in reading older CLAMP series, like RG Veda + Clover.

Also thinking of starting Kaze to Ki no Uta aswell, as I've heard nothing but good things about that. Seems like my holidays are for manga catch up again, lol.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Dec 27, 2009 8:25 AM

Mar 2009
I've recently restarted Swan, by Kyoko Ariyoshi.
It's tough for me to get new volumes, because the only store that actually has the series is quite far from where I live (and is also where I had to go in order to get Basara, my other favorite shojo). It's totally worth it though. Swan is definately one of the best manga I've ever read. The artwork is gorgeous and I've yet to find a character in it that I dislike.
Jan 1, 2010 4:10 PM
Jan 2009
I began to read Vinland Saga a few days ago. I'm really liking it and for the most part, I usually enjoy any historical manga.
Jan 2, 2010 2:45 AM

Apr 2009
JePiNaY said:
I began to read Vinland Saga a few days ago. I'm really liking it and for the most part, I usually enjoy any historical manga.

I've read all the 60 chapters of Vinland Saga a few days ago, it is one of my favourites now.
Another good historical manga is Historie (http://myanimelist.net/manga/2924/Historie)
it doesn't contain many action scenes but that is good in its own way.

I've started Usagi Drop today, and its one of the few mangas I enjoy/ed right from the start.
Jan 16, 2010 8:07 PM

Feb 2008
just finished the gravitation manga series, lol.

I love my boy-love ^_^
Jan 17, 2010 7:31 PM

Mar 2009
When I was at the used bookstore, they had vol 1-3 of Flower of Life and it's just so good I'm certainly obsessing over it and plan to place an order somewhere pretty soon just for the last vol (4, shame they didn't have it there). I don't tend to care about series that take place in a high school, mostly because 1) high school was never that awesome for me and 2) I'm so damn happy to be out of high school that I don't really wanna go back there even in my entertainment. But man, Flower of Life just does characters and story integration so well, it has dramatic moments used well, comedy, and just bits of almost slice of life too. I know I only read 3 volumes, but it felt like I'd read at least twice that, it's never happened before so it's hard to describe and it's not because it took me any longer to read it either, it must've just sucked me in faster.
Jan 19, 2010 5:14 AM

May 2007
I've recently began reading Otomen whenever I go visit the bookstore. It's just so cute. I tend to think it's a parody of shoujo manga, even though it has a real plot [kinda]. XD
The manga is about this guy who is very feminine and like cute, girly stuff. However, his dad turned into an Okama becuase of the same reason, so his mother told him that he ALWAYS has to act like a real man. And so, he tries to hide his true personality.At the same time he falls in love with a tomboyish girl. It's hilarious. I really enjoy it. x3

Jan 20, 2010 6:04 PM

Sep 2007
NoyaChan said:
I've recently began reading Otomen whenever I go visit the bookstore. It's just so cute. I tend to think it's a parody of shoujo manga, even though it has a real plot [kinda]. XD
The manga is about this guy who is very feminine and like cute, girly stuff. However, his dad turned into an Okama becuase of the same reason, so his mother told him that he ALWAYS has to act like a real man. And so, he tries to hide his true personality.At the same time he falls in love with a tomboyish girl. It's hilarious. I really enjoy it. x3

That does sound funny XD
I want to read it now~
Feb 3, 2010 2:46 PM

Jun 2008
Dear my girls
im super obsessed by the detailed beautiful art and cute story. Its currently one of the most popular manhwas in Korea and totally deserves it.
if you guys enjoy a outstanding art give it a try:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 28, 2010 7:24 AM

Sep 2009
me....
The lovley wizard
Sweet Black
Ouji romantica
and venus capsiccio
Welcome to my happy world now get your shit and leave

Mar 13, 2010 10:46 AM

Mar 2009
okay
my is umi no misaki and kimi no machi
of anime is naruto bleach and one piece just to see which the main char gets hooked up with
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Mar 14, 2010 4:30 PM

Feb 2008
Pluto omg Pluto!
Mar 14, 2010 9:06 PM
Aug 2009
Pluto is absolutely fantastic, yes.

Also, I just picked up the first volume of Tegami Bachi the other day, and I really liked it, but I have to say, every time someone said "heart" and it was italicized and bolded, I kind of cracked up. "Letters... contain fragments of people's HEARTS."

The art was pretty, though, if there were a few moments where I felt like I'd missed something that had happened between panels, and the characters and world were set up in a pretty entertaining fashion. Plus I kind of like that the plot is, at least initially, just a simple "go reconnect with an old friend"-type deal. I mean, I don't imagine it stays that simple because it'd be hard to spin a story around that unless it's all one-shot stories and that's just a goal for the main character. But anyway, yeah, pretty interesting first volume.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - May 2024

Brand - Apr 21

0 by Brand »»
Apr 21, 4:32 PM

Sticky: » Suggest a Hidden Gem of the Month! ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brand - May 2, 2017

181 by Mr_Libra »»
Apr 8, 10:06 AM

» April 2024 - Believers

Brand - Apr 3

0 by Brand »»
Apr 3, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - April 2024

Brand - Mar 17

0 by Brand »»
Mar 17, 7:24 AM

» March 2024 - Isabella Bird in Wonderland: Unbeaten Tracks in Japan

Brand - Mar 2

0 by Brand »»
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.