Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blood Lad
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 15, 2013 9:05 PM
Jan 2012
Not a bad episode. Definitely one of the better series this season.
Jul 15, 2013 11:53 PM

Jun 2012
Well I still don't think this is as good as I was expecting, but-

that punch! XDD rofl

I just realized that he's voice acting another demon lord/boss in just the next season, haha.

Jul 16, 2013 12:22 AM

Nov 2010
Good, good.
Jul 16, 2013 2:01 AM

Apr 2010
This was kinda funny, I really expected the shopkeeper to have something much more. . . . well I don't know how to explain it. But definitely not underwear.

I'll probably keep watching this for the kicks~
Jul 16, 2013 2:42 AM
Jul 2018

Hydraaaaa. :3
Better than the first episode.
Jul 16, 2013 3:30 AM

Nov 2007
What a great episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 16, 2013 4:04 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode, Staz is pretty funny with his fascination with the human world.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 16, 2013 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
WOW! Staz so so Badass!!

Werewolf vs Vampire next?

Jul 16, 2013 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
Staz awesome
Jul 16, 2013 9:24 AM

May 2009
the lack of background music in the episode makes it all look a bit strange but it was still a good one :D expecting a great fight next episode (if not at least some tsundere rival madness)
Jul 16, 2013 10:27 AM

May 2013
very cute and funny ep

i laugh a bit

but i prefer that the main girl char have a smaller breast thought...

hahaha i personally think big breast are scary, but she is already cute but she will be alot cuter with breast like... i say ... breast like rei ayanami or ..um.. clare
Jul 16, 2013 10:51 AM

May 2012
Not as good as Hataraku Maou-sama
Jul 16, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
Spiegelmeister said:
AlexTheRiot said:
PWJP said:

I like Bell already, she also kinda reminds me of Haruka from FLCL

lol knew it was coming

Idk, I guess I can sort of see it, but every time I see Bell all I can think of is (a grown up) Hachikuji from Bakemonogatari.

lol there's that too

To think that, she reminds me adult Kagura from Gintama.
Jul 16, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
Decent episode. I like the v.a. for Bell-chan! Nice to hear a new voice.
"Hey! I'm totally an adult! I bitch and whine, lie through my teeth, and do things that are unfair."
Jul 17, 2013 5:22 AM
Apr 2012
Just finished reading the manga up till chapter 27 before watching this episode. Now after watching this, I kinda feel like the anime seriously does not live up to my expectations at all, unlike the manga. In other words, I preferred the manga version, better. The anime is a really poor representation of it, imo.

but, still gonna keep watching this series regardles.
Jul 17, 2013 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know, this was pretty damn boring. I'll probably give it one more episode and decide whether to drop, especially if it doesn't buck up. The comedy certainly didn't make me laugh or even smile.

2/5
Jul 17, 2013 7:47 AM

Dec 2008
Bell is annoying. Love Staz and the shopkeeper!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 17, 2013 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
Paa69_ko said:
Just finished reading the manga up till chapter 27 before watching this episode. Now after watching this, I kinda feel like the anime seriously does not live up to my expectations at all, unlike the manga. In other words, I preferred the manga version, better. The anime is a really poor representation of it, imo.

but, still gonna keep watching this series regardles.

Well the manga starts out slow and silly like this too, there's really only a few differences. The main one being the color scheme but that's not a big deal, it works well with the wacky atmosphere.

The two that are concerning me are 1. Staz's character design(hair should be shorter and messier) and they sometimes choose not to draw some of his really good facial expressions from the manga. I feel like some of the dry humor is lost in doing this, which brings me to 2: The humor in some cases seems to be changed/drawn out, going from 'wtf' dry humor to 'cute' or 'background animation' reliant humor. I think if they changed up the timing of some jokes, and focused less on making colorful background animations to fit the joke and more on facial expressions, it would be closer to the manga.

But other than that, as long as they continue adapting it faithfully I'll be happy.
Jul 17, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2010
So far I'm liking this, it has kinda like a FLCL atmosphere and Bell reminds me of Haruko :D

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jul 17, 2013 5:11 PM
Jul 2012
Not as funny like in the first episode but it is still a good episode.
That white hair guy looks like Torisho from Bleach lol.
I saw this Castlevania reference when Staz say something about upgrading and go to sleep something like that. That was a good parody.
4/5
Jul 17, 2013 10:28 PM
Apr 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
2: The humor in some cases seems to be changed/drawn out, going from 'wtf' dry humor to 'cute' or 'background animation' reliant humor. I think if they changed up the timing of some jokes, and focused less on making colorful background animations to fit the joke and more on facial expressions, it would be closer to the manga.

and I really do NOT like the voice for Beru-san I mean, the whole time I was reading the manga I was hoping her voice to be more like uh a MATURED lady voice, like Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach...bummer :-\
Jul 17, 2013 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
For some I just cant get into this show, but I'll give it 3 more episodes or i'll just pick up the manga.
Jul 18, 2013 11:56 AM

May 2013
This is a comedy that's serious at some times. I like it.
Fuyumi helps with this.

Lol at the saliva spray scene. And the blood licking scene too.

This show really has nice characters.
A new one appears and her name is Hydra-Bell or simply Bell, the owner of the Black Curtain.
Another one will appear in the next episode, a demon named Wolf, the rival of Staz.

Lol at filthy underpants and ONIQLO.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 18, 2013 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
BERUUUU <3

What have they done to her, though? She doesn't look hot and she kind of lost some of her charm.

I see they care about the fighting scenes, so I'm looking forward to Staz vs. Wolf.

Groovy_Q said:
For some I just cant get into this show, but I'll give it 3 more episodes or i'll just pick up the manga.

I recommend the manga.
Jul 18, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
Ogre fighter panties... i see, demon sure are special !
The episode was funny but something is lacking when i watch it but still haven't figured out what is was.
Jul 18, 2013 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
Paa69_ko said:
AlexTheRiot said:
2: The humor in some cases seems to be changed/drawn out, going from 'wtf' dry humor to 'cute' or 'background animation' reliant humor. I think if they changed up the timing of some jokes, and focused less on making colorful background animations to fit the joke and more on facial expressions, it would be closer to the manga.

and I really do NOT like the voice for Beru-san I mean, the whole time I was reading the manga I was hoping her voice to be more like uh a MATURED lady voice, like Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach...bummer :-
I pretty much heard HaruHaru from FLCL(well her dub voice) while reading, so her voice is okay with me. I think it's really fitting for her trollish attitude.
Zhou said:
BERUUUU <3

What have they done to her, though? She doesn't look hot and she kind of lost some of her charm.

I see they care about the fighting scenes, so I'm looking forward to Staz vs. Wolf.

Groovy_Q said:

I recommend the manga.
wuuuuut. Her figure is as fantastic as in the manga if you ask me. Once the goggles come off I'm sure she'll look cuter, especially
Jul 18, 2013 5:38 PM

Feb 2012
AlexTheRiot said:

Zhou said:
BERUUUU <3

wuuuuut. Her figure is as fantastic as in the manga if you ask me. Once the goggles come off I'm sure she'll look cuter, especially

I took a look at the respectice chapter and it's really just her outfit that made me think she is less hot.

Jul 18, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2012
It's chapters 8-9. Ohh I'm with ya there, it'd be a sin for that outfit not to appear.

This is the one I was talking about, will be legendary animated
Jul 18, 2013 10:15 PM

Jan 2013
O manga é incrível, mas acabaram o anime. (ノ> ◇ <)ノ
Jul 19, 2013 5:40 AM

Jul 2012
3/5

the thing that bothers me the most in this show is the super bad animation.
There is almost none and if there is any it looks like cheap flash stuff...
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 19, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2012
Orsonius said:
3/5

I'm not sure what you're watching.
Jul 19, 2013 7:33 PM

Sep 2012
RediceRyan said:
Good episode
Jul 20, 2013 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Orsonius said:
3/5

I'm not sure what you're watching.

Going through this thread no wonder that you miss Orsonius' point.
You're quite defensive about this anime, aren't you? :)

Doesn't even remotely fulfill my expectations.
Horrible animation, absurd played out humour, annoying supporting characters.
Annoying voice and character of female MC.
Considering the synopsis this was going to be one of my favourites this season.
Even if the third ep would pick it up content wise the animation and the humour would screw it again.
Ah, well, dropped.
Jul 20, 2013 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
I cannot wait to see Staz go to Akihabara!
Jul 20, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2010
Stark700 said:
I definitely got a little more of Maou sama vibes.

me too ;o
look like theres gonna be a boss fight later :o
Jul 20, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2012
nantuko said:

Going through this thread no wonder that you miss Orsonius' point.
You're quite defensive about this anime, aren't you? :)

Doesn't even remotely fulfill my expectations.
Horrible animation, absurd played out humour, annoying supporting characters.
Annoying voice and character of female MC.
Considering the synopsis this was going to be one of my favourites this season.
Even if the third ep would pick it up content wise the animation and the humour would screw it again.
Ah, well, dropped.

Have I though? If anything I'd be pretty defensive about the manga, since this is only two episodes in. And on that, I've been clearly voicing my problems with the anime so far(especially on the delivery of the humor so I get where you're coming from) so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

But anyway, not like there was a "point" for me to miss lol, all he said was the animation was nonexistent aside from cheap slash stuff, which is not the case.
Jul 21, 2013 10:34 AM

Feb 2013
i enjoy reading the manga, it was awesome and i dunno but... this is not what i expected, i think the anime version was way too colorful and idk, its not as serious as it look in the manga.

and i wonder how many episode this is? since they show neyn and heads? i heard this was only 12 eps...

and that BERU! <3
i hope the anime gets serious once the "bullet" is removed
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Jul 21, 2013 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
^watch the spoilers there..
Jul 25, 2013 10:41 AM

May 2012
10:00 flying onigiri!

Beru's one interesting kyara.

Ep.1 > Ep.2
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 26, 2013 7:05 PM

Jun 2012
eminagnam said:
Still felt like a cheap version of Hataraku Maou. Wish they had hired someone else for voice acting of MC. It's inevitable to think of that anime whenever watching this one due to the voice. I have not enjoyed the series yet. What's the best selling of this show? Comedy? It has not made me laugh so far. Drama? Action? Not impressive nor interesting so far. I don't even know if they are trying to be funny or serious.

I usually don't like to compare currently airing anime like this but I have to agree. This feels like a carbon copy of "Hataraka Maou." Its not bad but the only mildly interesting thing that happened this episode was the short fight scene. Hopefully this wolf character brings some good scenes to the next episode.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jul 27, 2013 5:36 AM

Apr 2009
Beru is finally introduced.

The subpar art in the adaptation saddens me a bit. The animation is not bad though... almost had a laugh at how well-animated the blood sucking scene was. That was easily one of the more memorable scenes in the early chapters of the manga. I'm satisified with how faithful the show is to its source in general, but it has a lot of ground available to cover - and the OP shows parts that are pretty far in... now that's a legit cause for concern.

I wouldn't compare this to Hataraku Maou though; not only is the similarity superficial, but Blood Lad's source material started in 2009 (manga) vs 2011 (LN) for Hataraku Maou. The anime for Hataraku Maou-sama! just came earlier. Besides, I like both series so there really is no point comparing the two for me.
Jul 29, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
AWWHH. i love the way Bell chan says Fuyami's name.
"Fuuyamuchii" sounds so much cuter.

wow, at the fight between Staz & Shop keeper, not even a chance.
Jul 30, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2008
The main girl is really boring.

Didn't really laugh a single time in this episode. Probably gonna drop.
Aug 2, 2013 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
Bell is very similar to Haruka from FLCL and I like that.
Aug 7, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2011
Fuyumi is so adorable. And Spaz's craziness in the human world was great haha, can't imagine how nuts he'd be in Akihabara.
Aug 7, 2013 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Wow they make Fuyumi's thumb sucking so sexual HAHA.
Aug 8, 2013 10:18 AM
Aug 2010
Bell sounds a bit different than I expected, not that its unfitting or anything so I'll get use to it.

What is this complaint about the art? It looks pretty much the same as the manga, in fact, Bell looks better. Then again, I never understood most of people's complaints or compliments about the art, maybe cuz I put much more emphasis on art style rather than how glossy or "high-budget" it is.
Aug 11, 2013 11:34 PM

Oct 2009
hmm. so far im kinda curious enuff to watch. i liked deku, 3 eyed girl forgot name if they dint have alot dialogue. i like staz but not sure bout bell & fuyumi just yet. hope fuyumi is more then the naive oppai character. need a few more examples of bell's trollish self
Sep 9, 2013 1:47 AM

Jun 2011
Lol Staz. That finger sucking *-*. Finally, Bell, and Wolf, man Wolf looked so badass (Hitsugaya :p), and Staz's so strong, should be quite a battle if they ever fight.

Lol at people comparing this to Hataraku, when they're little to none similarity. The only thing that's the same is the demon world and comedy mixed, other than that they're completely different. Don't know if people deliberately comparing one to another just because of the theme, trying to be smart or what. Just enjoy what you watch, because you don't even pay for it, much less talking crap about a decent show. Talk crap only if you can do better, otherwise you'll just sound like a hater.
ToG25thBaamSep 9, 2013 1:53 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 20, 2013 3:44 AM

Jan 2013
She is all so serious and he is joking around, lol.. :))
Haha how much can one laugh at this anime xD

Natsu12345 said:
Lol Staz. That finger sucking *-*. Finally, Bell, and Wolf, man Wolf looked so badass (Hitsugaya :p), and Staz's so strong, should be quite a battle if they ever fight.

Lol I thought the same, a new Hitsugaya, and he would fit the "lonely" wolf character too. (It also reminds me of an anime I saw recently, though I didn't really like the anime Kenshin Uesugi reminded me of Hitsugaya too. Obviously not only the looks but the voice actor is the same.)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

266 by iridi »»
Mar 23, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2013

126 by bilmiyorum010131 »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:55 AM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

129 by Fatephile »»
Sep 9, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2013

137 by Fatephile »»
Sep 6, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

152 by Fatephile »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.