Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2013 5:42 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like Ace is going to kick each precure on the right way.
Jul 14, 2013 9:21 AM

Feb 2008
Yup yup she isn't call Ace for nothing :)

Cure Sebastian rofl . Sorry I can't help to laugh at that.

A machine that can make anyone a Precure.
BlackbirdJul 14, 2013 9:33 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 14, 2013 2:29 PM

Oct 2011
So there is still hope:
Ace is S XD
I really hope it won't change later - ok that imagine spot was nice but I still would like her to be blunt about their failures (while being badass and competent, unlike lets say.... Moonlight?).
With cast like this it makes a difference.

On the other side:
Mana is as always retarded: still this time there was some sense in what she planned, ok actually there wasn't but it was almost Nozomi-like ;)

And that next episode :D it might be epic - actually I do think that Sebastian would be way better Cure than Alice, so maybe they will keep him... and don't give him short skirt.
Jul 14, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2013
I can't believe Aguri/Ace is supposed to be the youngest. Compared to the others she just seems so mature and experienced. I noticed that Cure Ace's beam thingy attack changed its color to purple ( Makopi), which brings me to the conclusion that there will be similar episodes for Rikka and Alice as well. Maybe they will see some spotlight soon.

Cure Sebastian= Batman?
Jul 14, 2013 5:14 PM

Apr 2008
So right after Ace is finally introduced we get...a Makoto episode. While I did feel this episode was a bit better than the last few, the whole conflict felt a bit contrived and suffered from a ton of plot conveniences (suddenly, a magic mirror that lets Makoto talk to her princess).

It also seems as though Ace's purpose is so that Toei can market their makeup brand just to preach to the Cures about love and friendship, despite them already having realized most of this stuff. Hoping she'll actually receive some development in good time, since she basically came out of nowhere. I'm also curious to know why she looks much older when she transforms it's probably just a marketing pitch for Toei's makeup brand.

So overall, a better episode than the last few, but still not really anything even remotely good. Next week looks like it could be hilarious though, with Cure Sebastian and all. Heck, if they're gonna trainwreck, might as well go all out, right?
Don_Don_KunJul 14, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 14, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2010
More ppl gonna complain about the content in this show this week? Like I said in last weeks episode discussion. If your going into this series or any other precure series for that matter and expect, character development, no plot holes and a good plot. Your watching the wrong show. :/ This show was intended for children.

I for one enjoyed this episode. It was fun. Cure Ace's transformation is such eye candy to watch. I hope we get to learn more about her soon. Next week looks epic :D can't wait!
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 14, 2013 5:45 PM
Sep 2011
I dislike how wise and perfect Aguri is. Like how she can tell that MakoPi's singing is lacking in feeling when an entire crowd of adults is unaware. We need to know more about her.

I really dislike her at this point. The only Cure I've remotely disliked since Miki of Fresh Precure. Hopefully, she like Miki, will get better.

All in all it was a decent episode. Nice to get back to basics. It's sad that I was like "Heeeeeeeey MakoPi is a singer! I remember when that was a thing!"

Ai-chan seems to live for dishing out special items and power ups for nothing. Can't say I like it but it can't get much worse than Cure Ace.

I realize now that I really dislike when the monster of the week has a binding ability. It gets a little too convenient for the monster to tie up everyone except the Cure the episode is focusing on. Though judging from the previous episode, they don't need that much help.

Also, why are these girls losing to ordinary monsters? We went from ordinary to beast mode fusion to Regina's special powered up monsters... back to ordinary. Didn't our heroes just take out an enormous crowd of these things a few episodes ago?

All in all a decent episode. That preview... I don't even.

zansabarshadow said:
More ppl gonna complain about the content in this show this week? Like I said in last weeks episode discussion. If your going into this series or any other precure series for that matter and expect, character development, no plot holes and a good plot. Your watching the wrong show. :/ This show was intended for children.

Being a kids show doesn't automatically mean it has to be poorly written. Fresh and Heartcatch were proof of that to me. But this season seems to be doing everything wrong that the past seasons did right.
Jul 14, 2013 6:41 PM

Apr 2008
zansabarshadow said:

Good lord, character development? In my Precure? We can't have these girls actually growing, realizing their dreams and fighting to protect what is precious! The atrocity!

Seriously speaking, I tend to agree with RLinksoul. To some extent, the rather obvious plot conveniences and simplified conflict resolution should be forgiven, since it's really the prepubescent girls Toei is producing these shows for. That being said, one shouldn't completely suspended their disbelief since stuff like bad drama and massive plot holes should be held against these shows like any other title. A lot of the people complaining about DokiDoki are actually longtime Precure fans who are just frustrated to see this entry nosedive because of the third-rate writing and haphazard direction.

Jul 14, 2013 10:17 PM

Dec 2011
Rather than complaining, I’m mostly expressing concern over the direction Doki is heading. It’s a given that kids-oriented series should be forgiven for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean simple = weak writing. One of the strongest points in the Precure franchise imo is the way their characters are generally handled in terms of development, interactions and dynamics. While every season have their own specific shortcomings, I always end up enjoying them regardless due to the girls being absolutely endearing (which is achieved by the writers taking the time to explore and develop the girls' friendship). For this season, the girls (except Rikka) somehow aren’t in that same level with the rest and therefore felt lacking. For the time being, I am still enjoying Doki all while wishing it for the best.

I look forward for next week's episode. In previous occasions it's been always a joke with the girls thinking a male character could possibly be a new Cure but now we're actually getting one for real!
Jul 14, 2013 10:25 PM
Sep 2012
Did I see Batman appear in the preview for the next episode? LOL
Jul 14, 2013 11:53 PM
Jun 2011
i just sew the preview so this is how marmo will look as cutie mademe with a weird mask
Jul 15, 2013 5:25 AM

Jan 2008
I don't really feel Ace's badassery, Moonlight outclasses her in every aspect. Well, maybe not in one - I like PHOENIX ACE transformation better. I don't care about MakoPi so I am indifferent about this episode. It's funny how Sebastian is more competent than any other character in this show, counting Precures in ^^

Also, next week the endless debate about the best Pretty Cure will be ended for sure. There will be no place for argument after that.
Jul 15, 2013 5:55 AM

Apr 2011
I don't like Cure Ace's wise and mature personality at all. She waltz in eat some cake, lecture MakoPi then left and disappeared after closing the door. I was like "what?"

Well, maybe I'll like Agure as soon as we get to know her more. I think
MagitoJul 15, 2013 6:01 AM
Jul 15, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
Cure Sebastian? More like Batman.

Seems like Ace is gonna lecture everyone until they fulfilled the Precure Oath that came out of nowhere.

Jul 15, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
Oh yeah, Cure Ace / Madoka Aguri, give those PreCures your tough love, and eat the cake too LOL LOL

And now I wonder if the relationship between Cure Ace and Ai-chan is one of PreCure and her mascot?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 15, 2013 1:17 PM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
Oh yeah, Cure Ace / Madoka Aguri, give those PreCures your tough love, and eat the cake too LOL LOL

And now I wonder if the relationship between Cure Ace and Ai-chan is one of PreCure and her mascot?
It's perfect relationship - she can eat for free, shout at them and they can't do anything about it, because if they did... well she will just kill them XD

If by mascot you mean that irritating creature that allows her to become Precure, I would say that this is the case here.
Ok, this is one thing that bugs me (I know that there are many more bad things with this series but I just don't care) it seems that Ai-chan knows Ace - but from where? So I still thing that Aguri is some kind of reincarnation/part of Princess. Like Luminous was.
zansabarshadow said:
As written before I tend to disagree with part about plot of character development.
First 3 series (FwPC, SS and YPC) had this done very well and I would say no series later came close to showing building up of friendship like it was with Nagisa and Honoka/SakiMai combo or gave as awesome leader as Nozomi (ok Fresh was close). It was simple but well done.
On the other side I do agree that it's series for kids and one purpose of it is to sell toys - so some things can be simplified, characters don't need to be ultra-realistic and it just has to be cute, sparkling and draw attention to toys. So I don't mind it --> enjoyment = quality here.
And if I complain it's because it went far from what it used to be but that is also why I like Ace :)
Dalek-bakaJul 15, 2013 1:33 PM
Jul 17, 2013 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
Don_Don_Kun said:
zansabarshadow said:

Good lord, character development? In my Precure? We can't have these girls actually growing, realizing their dreams and fighting to protect what is precious! The atrocity!

Seriously speaking, I tend to agree with RLinksoul. To some extent, the rather obvious plot conveniences and simplified conflict resolution should be forgiven, since it's really the prepubescent girls Toei is producing these shows for. That being said, one shouldn't completely suspended their disbelief since stuff like bad drama and massive plot holes should be held against these shows like any other title. A lot of the people complaining about DokiDoki are actually longtime Precure fans who are just frustrated to see this entry nosedive because of the third-rate writing and haphazard direction.

Thank you. Just because a show is made for kids doesnt mean that it has the excuse to be poorly written. Hell, even kids can notice some really out there and stupid things that are probably happening in this show.
Jul 17, 2013 6:36 PM

Sep 2007
The transformation of cure Ace was really awesome. O_o
Didn't thought that would be this good.
Jul 26, 2013 12:07 PM

Feb 2012
I gotta agree with folks here. While it is true that people here watch precure and maybe other kids shows too, it doesn't mean that we are indifferent to what is going on in them. Not kids either, they're smart little fuckers. I can spot abruptly cut, repeated or outright ignored scenarios of character development. Like in the first Digimon season everyones development was just repeated after the first half, because they were too lazy to take it further to awesomeness. I watch these precure shows because they give me nice feels and can even have amazing action and osts. Basically they're like battle shows or boys toy robot shows (like the Brave series) used to be, except without male casts and insane screaming. Kids show or not, things can still get screwed up just as easily as in late night shows.
Dec 23, 2013 11:44 PM

Jul 2008
So Makoto's songs somehow reached the princess, who was frozen under a ton of glaciers? Okay. (If the princess was referring to hearing them since being rescued, it is odd that she would have lost all hope AFTER being found and hidden by Jonathan...)

Cure Ace is kind of grating. It is annoying to see her lecture the other precure despite being like 4 years younger than them.
Feb 19, 2015 2:55 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Why did they even introduce Cure Ace? She's such a useless character. She preaches about being "immature" yet she's extremely immature herself. She does nothing but untactfully criticizes the PreCure while doing it with the utmost prideful and spoiled attitude.

Why is there always a rotten piece of shit Mary Sue that shows up and contributes nothing to the series?

Dec 25, 2020 12:46 PM
Feb 2018
Reading this thread, ha people are pointing out the bad writing. Sure it's a kids show but come on, there should be standards, and it can still be criticized. Still, I enjoy it even if it isn't written the best so whatever I guess?

I liked the message in this episode to just do what you want, but I don't like how the girls approach it, telling Makoto she can't quit because of her fans. That's not for them to decide. It's Makoto's own choice.

Again, this episode had a dumb reason for the so called "selfishness". If I'm not mistaking, the lady is actually worried about the concert? How is that being selfish? Sure that's probably a wrong approach, but her intention didn't seem selfish to me, unless I'm reading her intention wrong.

How much savings does Alice have? Thanks for asking that, I'm curious too. Probably too much to count.

They really gave Cure Sword a power up just to let Cure Ace do most of the work? Come on... Also Cure Ace is not just strong but actually smart in combat, wow! Instead of answering the question she just attacks the Jikochu when it was asking! Why didn't the smart Cure Diamond think of that?
Aug 14, 2021 8:22 AM

Feb 2020
Makopi episode. Well, it was a little better than the previous episode.
Apr 8, 2023 8:41 PM
Jun 2020
CWC said:
Again, this episode had a dumb reason for the so called "selfishness". If I'm not mistaking, the lady is actually worried about the concert? How is that being selfish? Sure that's probably a wrong approach, but her intention didn't seem selfish to me, unless I'm reading her intention wrong.
Yeah, I got no idea either. My best bet is that they just roll with whatever sounds like a complaint that day. I mean so far we had "I don't want to wait in line," "I didn't get an autograph," and more.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 35 Discussion

ZettaiRyouiki - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 27 Discussion

Kaengel - Aug 4, 2013

20 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 22 Discussion

FrozenLilith - Jun 29, 2013

29 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 4 Discussion

symbv - Feb 23, 2013

27 by Archer2 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.