Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 3, 2013 6:29 AM

Dec 2012
Argh, more loli abuse! That piggy back ride was cute though, Ai is just too precious.

Leviathonlx said:
Saburo-kun said:
Wow, this series will probably be my favorite of the season, everything impresses me!

A lot of talking, but it's very significant, and it seems that maybe this will be two seasons long. I hope so, that would make for the great development it needs.
I liked the mysterious ending, too, telling her that she has to find the reason and the secret herself, it's like setting up for a whole journey.

Again, another great episode to this great series ^^

It's based on a light novel like Shinsekai Yori so it's possible.

I've honestly been getting SY vibes since the first episode. I have no idea what to expect from this series but it just keeps drawing me in. And so many questions but I'll hold off on asking them until the end.

I'm really loving the art style, it's just absolutely stunning. I also like the philosophical value this has, I really hope they keep expanding on the ideas they're bringing up. Like how the statement by god was really just made up based on people's observations.

Philosophy and Lolis, I might have found paradise.
Aug 4, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2013
This was actually pretty good :)
However....... Loli Abuse is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!
Aug 12, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
Silver-Bullet continues the abuse of the Lolipop-Princess. Julio Iglesias has a murdered wife who was actually a zombie. He killed his daughter before she became a zombie though. ScarFace Paccino says Lolipop is a gravedigger so I guess she is. Silver-Bullet says she's a half-breed, like the alien-Ripley half-breed in Alien: Resurection only she doesn't have acid blood. Or does she?!?! :o

Find out next time on: Dragon Ball Z The Sunday God Took a Nap!
Let's go bowling.
Aug 17, 2013 8:31 PM

Sep 2011
Ai is so cute :333
Sep 9, 2013 4:39 AM

Nov 2008
Ok so, is the guy Ai's dad or not?

Really like the anime so far, hopefully it doesn't disappoint as the story progresses.
Oct 1, 2013 7:25 PM
Oct 2009
so yeah, I'd like to know why he killed off the villagers and then was going to kill her too? when he got shot I thought the bullet meant for the little girl hit him cuz I thought if you try to hurt a gravekeeper you get hurt yourself but no such thing happened. and why did he change his mind to take her with him all of a sudden when he wanted to kill her earlier and nothing significant happened in between???
Oct 3, 2013 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
VampireOjouChan said:
so yeah, I'd like to know why he killed off the villagers and then was going to kill her too? when he got shot I thought the bullet meant for the little girl hit him cuz I thought if you try to hurt a gravekeeper you get hurt yourself but no such thing happened. and why did he change his mind to take her with him all of a sudden when he wanted to kill her earlier and nothing significant happened in between???

It's because the villagers are supposed to be dead long time ago (probably except Ai's foster parents). It seems that just like the grave keeper, Hampnie has a knack of knowing which people are already "dead". He threatened Ai because grave keepers tend to be treated very badly and he doesn't want Ai to suffer that.
Oct 3, 2013 7:17 PM

Jan 2012
aaaah so much better than the first episode the animation is stunning and i love the OP too which is rare for me!

characters looks promising and i just hope the questions are answered as the anime goes a long, score just went up!
Oct 7, 2013 2:27 PM

May 2012
This sure is interesting, slightly better than the first one and some more information/development going on so lets see what's next!
Oct 19, 2013 5:04 PM

Sep 2011
I'm guessing the villagers were all already dead as well or something like that.
Either that or they actually killed Ai's mother for some reason.
Oct 21, 2013 6:14 AM

Sep 2011
Damn, that was actually really good. =o
Dec 24, 2013 3:46 AM
May 2012
Yup, that was really good, this show is really interesting!!!!!

The animation is awesome!!! The opening song is nice but I really like the ending song :3
Jun 30, 2014 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode.
Seems so interesting; Guess I'm almost hooked.
Sep 3, 2014 1:56 AM

Feb 2013
I guess we have a reason why AI is so young. I thought they had her as the main character because she was a loli. Still very interesting. So AI is a Human/Gravekeeper offspring. That Huntsman guy is the same age as him? I thought for a second that the Huntsman can be Ai's father. I really like the show so far.
Sep 11, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
A LOT better than the first episode!
Things are getting interesting! Having high expectations for this showw!!!
Oct 1, 2014 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
This show is really boring. I wonder if I should drop it now.
Dec 13, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2013
Hampnie Hambart is still a dick to Ai.
But good thing Scar just proved that Ai is a gravekeeper. Hopefully, she'll appear again.

Lol, Hambart just got shot. Julie just wants his revenge.
Too bad Hambart just ran away with Ai on his back.

Ai is apparently a human-gravekeeper hybrid. That's awesome.
The village has a secret. I wonder what it is.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 22, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2013
Ugh...so damn corny and full of bad exposition. No one would give a shit about this and many of the other modern anime's unless they looked pretty. With bloom you can turn a turd to chocolate in eyes of average anime consumer.
Apr 16, 2016 3:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Krissirk said:
My guess to why he killed everyone in the village:

Probably, it is kinda obvious, thought it still feels strange that they were able to behave to lifefull like on first episode (Ai's new family that is).
May 7, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
She kind of forget that he killed all the village for half of the episode haha.

An his description of school is so accurate, made me laugh.
May 31, 2017 7:12 AM
Jul 2016
Hmmm finally start Ai-chan no journey...
Jan 6, 2018 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Hamphine was a confusing character at first since he pulled the gun at Ai, then he saved her and they have a casual conversation?! What? I wonder how their relationship will go.
Feb 21, 2019 11:37 AM

Mar 2010
Intriguing. I have to admit that I didn't expect that I would enjoy this anime, so this is a pleasant surprise.
May 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2018
After two episodes I still don't find it interesting and I can't stand the male MC. Guess I'll just drop it here.
May 27, 2021 11:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's clearly becoming more interesting with the explanations about the deads
Jun 1, 2021 3:32 AM
Oct 2018
Just here to rant, Why isn't anyone addressing the fact that the little girl is walking around casually with a guy who murdered everyone she knew, like wtfh doesn't make any sense to me
Apr 16, 2022 1:36 PM

May 2017
Weird anime so far. I was confused as to why Ai was being so casual with the white haired dude after he massacred everyone in her village and tried to kill her as well, but I guess she just wanted to know why he did it. From the conversation they had I'm guessing the villagers were already dead, so he wiped them out before they could transform into monsters. Dude is still kind of an asshole, not sure what to make of him at this point.
Apr 3, 8:43 PM

Dec 2022
Humbart is still refusing to explain why he killed the villagers, and Ai got over the anger she had towards him for killing them pretty much instantly, which seems odd when you saw how close a relationship she had with the villagers prior to the massacre. Did the entire village have Half-Dead Fever? Seems too convenient, and only the guy who already had half his head missing (which would probably mess with anyone's psyche if they somehow survived it) demonstrated any signs of it. Given Humbart mentioned a "secret" in the village, maybe it was something else that was being hidden there.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.