Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 22, 2013 2:08 AM

Aug 2009
neontaster said:
ssjokg said:
antonn said:

; ;
I have to ask why they did that...

F/Z-F/SN spoilers:

That's what I assumed, anyway.

Eh they explicitly say it numerous times in the manga.THe very point of the story is that he and Iri are responsible for
Jul 22, 2013 3:15 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

; ;]I have to ask why they did that...

Either artistic merit to showcase they are always away, since
. So it emphasizes the whole "barely remembers his face" kind of idea.

First FMA did the same thing. FMA manga and Brotherhood actually added a reason for it though, as in

neontaster said:

F/Z-F/SN spoilers:

It IS in continuity. Of the multiverse, that is.
AhenshihaelJul 22, 2013 9:06 AM
Jul 22, 2013 4:10 AM

Aug 2009
Except that unlike FMA there is no reason to do this here,plot wise.

It will be funny if they remove the light beam in the BDs.
Jul 22, 2013 5:02 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Except that unlike FMA there is no reason to do this here,plot wise.

It will be funny if they remove the light beam in the BDs.

As I said, most likely just stylistic choice to showcase them being away.
Jul 22, 2013 8:27 AM

Oct 2012
Well, talk about cliche. This is of nothing without its references. But at least it's fun and at least they make laugh of themselves.

Man, I missed Tohsaka, I really like her seiyuu ^^ and that mahou shoujo fantasy of her Ilya had at the beginning was brilliant!

And poor Rider, she didn't even get to summon her Bellerephon. But Ilya strategic escape was priceless :D
Jul 22, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
I cant take it, just take a generic mahou show and put in some Fate characters and you have Fate/Kaleid. There is no point to watch this what so ever, just gonna wait for the new FSN :P

/dropped
Most likley
Jul 22, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
Rewston said:
I cant take it, just take a generic mahou show and put in some Fate characters and you have Fate/Kaleid. There is no point to watch this what so ever, just gonna wait for the new FSN :P

/dropped
Most likley

So you didnt know that this would be a mahou shoujo anime with Fate chars?

And no, there is a point.
Jul 22, 2013 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
Rewston said:

/dropped
Most likley

I soooo want ufotable to do Ataraxia after their FSN adaptation, so posters like this could eat their words.

And yes, there is a point. If you knew ANYTHING about the main ideas behind fate franchise, you would already figured out what it is. prisma illya is a part of the canon.
AhenshihaelJul 22, 2013 11:28 AM
Jul 22, 2013 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
prisma illya is a part of the canon.

In what way?
I have only seen the TV shows, not played any of the VN or read any of the manga.
Jul 22, 2013 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
neontaster said:
ssjokg said:
antonn said:

; ;

F/Z-F/SN spoilers:

Eh they explicitly say it numerous times in the manga.THe very point of the story is that he and Iri are responsible for

I still think they don't want to spoil this plot point for people who haven't seen F/Z and F/SN. It's pretty important and would be a shame if it was just given away like that.
Jul 22, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
neontaster said:
ssjokg said:
neontaster said:
ssjokg said:
antonn said:

; ;

F/Z-F/SN spoilers:

I still think they don't want to spoil this plot point for people who haven't seen F/Z and F/SN. It's pretty important and would be a shame if it was just given away like that.
Whats there to spoil if they havent seen FSN?FZ gives it away in the first minutes.
Jul 22, 2013 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
Rewston said:
Fai said:
prisma illya is a part of the canon.

In what way?
I have only seen the TV shows, not played any of the VN or read any of the manga.

The same way far-future cyberpunk dystopian Fate/Extra CCC is canon, despite majorly diverging from Fate Stay Night somewhere in year 1980.

The same way all three routes of Fate/Stay Night visual novel are equally canon despite directly contradicting each other.

The same way Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime characters can appear and interact with fate characters, despite that not happening in those works.

Remember how CLAMP did the whole multiple dimensions idea? Nasuverse is the similar idea, complete with character(s) capable of traveling through dimensions from one to the other
. Its a bunch of different realities, following the exactly same laws and principles and having exact same characters, living a bit different lives.

Hell, the ideas and the universe showcased in Prism Illya has been there since FSN visual novel, since

neontaster said:

Its not exactly spoiler, since knowledge of F/0 IS needed to comprehend this show. Prisma Illya narrative expects you to know who Kiritsugu, Iris, etc were and what was the 4th Heaven's Feel.
That's the only way you can comprehend on what exactly IS wrong with the world in this version.

AhenshihaelJul 22, 2013 12:08 PM
Jul 22, 2013 7:29 PM
Oct 2007
That was hard to sit through. /dropped
Jul 23, 2013 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
I really love the manga, it's so hilarious and a charming addition to the Nasuverse.

The anime is looking pretty good, though I'm a bit miffed that they dropped so many of the gags in the manga and added a bunch of awkward pauses in the animation they don't need >___> still too early to tell much though.

Jul 23, 2013 2:38 AM

Aug 2009
zeroryoko1974 said:
That was hard to sit through. /dropped
K-on,Azumanga Daioh and a bunch of others and this was hard to watch?

Forgetfulness said:
Well, the concept is kinda interesting.
After seeing the Lancer card used, I'm really wondering how OP the Archer card would be:

Illya: "Archer card, include

I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body
And fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand weapons
Have withstood great pain to create many weapons
Yet, these hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

and then countless swords appear and rape the enemy

Aversa said:
The one who even thought of putting glasses on Rin should be shot!!

In any case funny episode like how Rin isn't very helpful towards Ilya in learning her about magic still you have to love her personality.
That love letter was pretty funny especially Ilya's reaction.

Seeing as this is only ten episodes will it only cover the first manga?

I think that would be Nasus since I remember she wears them at some point in the F/SN VN.

Archer Class is really OP here.There is one problem
Jul 23, 2013 11:04 PM

Feb 2011
It reminded me of Madoka Magica a little. Nice fight there.
Jul 24, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
ssjokg said:
antonn said:

; ;

He has a nipple on his forehead and they censored it.

Jul 25, 2013 1:25 AM

Sep 2012
pretty nice episode :P
Jul 25, 2013 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
Exkalamity said:
CommonerCoffee said:
I'm surprised by the lukewarm reception. The show has been loads of fun for both episodes out so far.

I still cannot get through the opening without relooping the lance spinning at least 10 times. The animation has been extremely impressive. And the remixes to the original F/SN themes are a great touch. There was no reason for Sword of Promised Victory to be in the last scene but I can't say I wasn't jumping out of my seat when I heard it. Very impressive/

OH SHIT! I just noticed it. Does that mean we'll get our
?

I am 1000% expecting that to play when

Nah, we will get it when

antonn said:

; ;

Damn it, now I remembered what happened at Fate/Zero.... Dat Emiya family. ;_;
Jul 25, 2013 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
Please infinite spin gif of Illya.
Good episode but it really look too much as Card Captor Sakura IMO, maybe it'l change with the next episode.
Jul 25, 2013 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
MadnessKreep said:
Please infinite spin gif of Illya.
Good episode but it really look too much as Card Captor Sakura IMO, maybe it'l change with the next episode.
That wont change until next season.And CCS cards werent as badass as Fate/'s are.
Jul 26, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
This show is so much better than I thought it was going to be
Aug 14, 2013 4:47 PM

Sep 2012
GAWD DAYUM RIDER WAS OP AF.
hmmmm
Miyu chan using Gae Bolg,

like seriously, how many people finished her sentence when she said Gae,

cause i know me and all my mates finished her sentence.rofl
Aug 29, 2013 8:17 PM

May 2012
16:57 delicious mountains <3

17:29 getsuga tenshou lol

21:03 yummy <3

Bad drawing and animation.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 30, 2013 3:23 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

VanishingKira said:
Nice end card

I agree!

Episode that can keep me warm, the action is there but does not last long confrontation, to draw me to the point that inflame! I also found the story more enjoyable due to a minimum participation of Ruby, too talkative for my taste! LOL Although proanthocyanidins nice. The costume design is not bad. The only thing I do not like is the chara, yet.
Plot enough!
Oct 14, 2013 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
"Why glasses??"
Wow Fujimura Taiga-sensei!! Remind me of Carnival Phantasm preview duo xD

L..love letter?? Aw, Ilya just disappointed...
Oh Rin, "Come to the highschool courtyard at midnight tonight. Otherwise, I'll kill come for you."

Oh, my sugar level just went up high and higher because of Ilya's smile
"Mahou shoujo cuteness is her number one weapon!" Great words, Ruby!!

Hmm... it's Waver?? Behind him.. White hair? Archer (Shirou)?
Wow first enemy Rider? I thought it's Lancer.. because Lancer always died first xD
Well... It looks like Lancer is already dead xD

Lol, Mysterious transfer student = common things in mahou shoujo series
Rayl1ghtOct 14, 2013 9:25 AM
"Signature removed"
Apr 8, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
Illya kawaii outfit <3
Miyu appeared,Tsundere mode: ON :D
The quality of the battle is extremely amazing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 30, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
illiya is sooo cute <3 haha
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 7:47 AM

Aug 2013
Now that was much better than the first episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 15, 2014 6:14 PM
Jan 2012
Fun episode and I enjoyed the fight scene, though I wish Ilya had used more than just lazors. Also, I hope the new mahou shoujo isn't just boring stoic character #303, but she probably is, unfortunately.
Aug 19, 2014 5:18 PM

Nov 2012
Holy shit I didn't expect Waver. He's so manly.
Aug 27, 2014 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, Rin shamelessly using Ilya xD

That new girl totally surclassed them. I wonder if she have that girl in blue that Rin was fighting as her mentor. And to add to that, she's a transfered student! Never trust the transfered student...

Rider mask looked weird. Also, I really wanted to see her nobel phantasm, how they would have animated it :(
Gae Bolg is too OP, seriously, that fucking spear...

antonn said:

; ;

Wah, didn't noticed that. So in that show,
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 1, 2014 6:43 PM

Aug 2014
Nice battle for Illya's first battle ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 16, 2014 10:04 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode!
Dec 4, 2014 7:49 AM

May 2012
Decent action for this kind of show but well let's see what's next.
Feb 9, 2015 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
Lovely ep with cuteness and funny moments :) the action and animation were really nice
May 4, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2014
following the typical mahou shoujo formula, a rival appears who will become the MC's friend or ally in the future.

May 15, 2015 4:27 AM

Apr 2013
Rider <3 Why do you get so little screentime :(
Jul 28, 2015 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
Ilya's voice HNNG!
Aug 2, 2015 1:05 AM
Sep 2010
The fight was great.
Sep 20, 2015 4:31 AM

Jan 2012
Dat loli in the end is strong.

Aug 4, 2016 1:54 AM

Sep 2015
pretty good battle although I wish we would have seen her Noble Phantasm......It shouldn't take that long to fire Bellaphon.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 5, 2016 4:36 PM

Nov 2013
A magical girl transforming in the bathroom. That's new.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 18, 2016 6:58 PM

Sep 2010
Hahaha... this storyline is so stupid and yet with all fate stuffy it is still rather epic.

Loli using a gelg borg... that's a sight to see but it still was epic enough.

I don't know how they are doing it but those fights sure looks awesome

Still... poor Raider. Once again she got the short end of the stick with being the weakest.

BTW... is the grand father from the clock tower Weaver? Even thought it's all messed up, Waver was 20-ish in Fate/zero which was ten years back to this timeline which I assume is the same timeline for Fate/stay night.

He sure leveled up if it's him.

In any case, even though I am having a lot of fun I sure feel a regret deep inside. As after all if the magic loli girls, happiness and sweetness were reduced and instead, we got a story about gathering those cards with seriousness, potential deaths, blood gore, and greater goal. This could be easily epic and storyline.
Jun 7, 2017 1:55 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!! Love the animation! Shame Rider doesn't talk too much. Illya is doing well considering she has no clue how all of this works.

After watching UBW, I was able to get the reference on the Clock Tower especially with Waver. You might as well treat this as some sort of side thing when Rin came back to Japan to finish her work.

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jun 7, 2017 2:05 AM

Jul 2009
Also End Card for the episode:

Oct 14, 2017 1:46 AM

Apr 2013
i find it funny that Rin acts as the Hagrid to both Shiro and Illya in their respective series. and that answers my question the magi and their society do exist in some form in this universe.

Rin's letter is hilarious! XD good to see at least her character is pretty much picked off from the original.
WAVER! i always get excited when i see that guy. but two weeks? that sounds like a pretty short time frame.

there is one question i'd like to ask and that is why are the cards appearing in this town of all things, especially since the Clock Tower appears to have the Archer and Lancer cards beforehand? hope they don't gloss over it.

Classic Rin! forgetting the little but rudimentary details.

aaaaand the rival appears. eh Shaolan's was better.

P.S.
why is Kiritsugu's face hidden in the picture with her parents, that Illya has in her room? is he dead or something?
Nov 19, 2017 6:36 AM

Nov 2015
Well, I start this series after I watch the movie "Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Movie: Sekka no Chikai", and honestly at some point I think that was a mistake as because now I want to cry everytime I see Miyu because I always remember about what kind of hard time she must face before she meet Illya and friends.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.