Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm....not that bad I guess. I can deal with this I suppose.

Artwork is okay and better than the OVA. Most of the main characters makes their debut. Rin's hair looks hot XD . ED song is dramatic though somewhat with montages of the main characters. Guess I'll keep watching for more drama.
Jul 13, 2013 7:56 AM
Dec 2012
Character design was average. The art looked soft. The OP song was mediocre.
It felt forced when she attempted to hit him. It was not even her room.

It was a slow and unimpressive episode. Maybe the series is a slow starter.
Jul 13, 2013 11:00 AM

Jan 2012
I'm a little disappointed. I like the art from the OVA better than this. The OP was weird to start with, but nice song though. Its only the first episode, I'll try the next few.
Jul 13, 2013 11:18 AM

Feb 2009
The character design was much better than the OVA at least, though the backgrounds look dull. Acting wise, it's good I guess. Hosoya Yoshimasa is decent for Haruto and Sakura Ayane does a good job for Asuka. OnoD as Kyousuke is good as well.

Storywise, I will guess many will get confused a lot. At least, those who didn't read the manga. While this does pick off where the OVA left, there were still unanswered questions in here which will probably be answered on the next couple of episodes judging from the preview. Still, new watchers will be kind of left in the dark at the moment from how this episode went which is not good at all.

Eh, not my problem. The production studio was the one who decided to adapt this from the middle of the manga and not even put a shred of explanation in it. At least Kaminomi 3 did a 1 minute recap of all the things it skipped. What's done is done I guess.

I'll just brace myself for the incoming rage. After all, this was the arc which the story fell into pieces and never really picked up again. And it brought a ton of rage to the readers, hence the fans calling it "The Town Where You Rage".
I'll continue watching since I've already invested myself in the manga, which is dragging on for far too long now.
And the manga has made me and all the manga readers M for sticking up to everything Seo Kouji is throwing and still continuing to read it. Seeing this again is nothing.
Jul 13, 2013 11:20 AM

Feb 2008
The arts doesn't look all that bad, huh?
I thought they will start from beginning, what chapters does this start in the manga?
BlackbirdJul 13, 2013 11:50 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 13, 2013 11:44 AM

Feb 2008
I would actually prefer this anime start from the beginning , first The world god only knows and now this.. O_o

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 13, 2013 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
Blackbird said:
I thought they wil start from beginning, what chapters does this start in the manga?
look at the other threads from this series, apparently they skip the good stuff and start from the worsts arcs.
Jul 13, 2013 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
Blackbird said:
I would actually prefer this anime start from the beginning , first The world god only knows and now this.. O_o

Wait a moment, what do you mean? How can they NOT start at the beginning?
Jul 13, 2013 12:07 PM

Feb 2009
DmonHiro said:
Blackbird said:

Wait a moment, what do you mean? How can they NOT start at the beginning?
Oh but they did. They started at the part where Haruto went to Tokyo to find Yuzuki. They picked up where the OVA left off.
Jul 13, 2013 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
Sourire said:
Blackbird said:
I thought they wil start from beginning, what chapters does this start in the manga?
look at the other threads from this series, apparently they skip the good stuff and start from the worsts arcs.

Arcs that makes you rage > mediocre arcs.
Jul 13, 2013 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
I waited 2 years for this damn anime. OP was weird, good song though. ED was lazy, just used pics from the manga, song... I cant even remember it. Much better than that ova though. It pulled a TWGOK goddess saga on us. "We'll just take a big chunk of it out so you won't be able to understand it unless you read the manga"
Jul 13, 2013 12:34 PM

Nov 2012
the art is too mainstream lol :p
Jul 13, 2013 12:41 PM

Jan 2008
belatkuro said:
]Oh but they did. They started at the part where Haruto went to Tokyo to find Yuzuki. They picked up where the OVA left off.

.... isn't that like... chapter 83? And they skipped the Hiroshima arc.... the one with the... you know.... CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!!
Jul 13, 2013 12:45 PM

Feb 2009
DmonHiro said:
belatkuro said:
Oh but they did. They started at the part where Haruto went to Tokyo to find Yuzuki. They picked up where the OVA left off.

.... isn't that like... chapter 83? And they skipped the Hiroshima arc.... the one with the... you know.... CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!!
Yes and yes.
This was already known ever since they announced Asuka's and Kyousuke's VAs alongside Haruto's and Yuzuki's. I'm all over it by now.
Jul 13, 2013 12:47 PM

Mar 2012
Okay, as someone who is completely unfamiliar with the original manga, two pointless observations:

- Great to have another series with readily available Japanese subs and lots of dialect, the linguist in me is happy with this series. Loved the scene where the girl's Tohoku dialect slipped out.
- The scene with the motorcycle helmet gave me Psycho-Pass flashbacks.

Looks like I've got catching up to do. I guess I'll check out the OVAs then.
Jul 13, 2013 1:14 PM

Dec 2012

Will this be a 12/13 episodes or hoping aleast 24/26 episodes would be amazing?
deftnessxJul 13, 2013 1:26 PM
Jul 13, 2013 1:15 PM

Nov 2007
This anime is like a choose your own adventure gone wrong cause none of the scene have any cohesion between each other lol
Jul 13, 2013 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
vonPeterhof said:
Okay, as someone who is completely unfamiliar with the original manga, two pointless observations:

- Great to have another series with readily available Japanese subs and lots of dialect, the linguist in me is happy with this series. Loved the scene where the girl's Tohoku dialect slipped out.
- The scene with the motorcycle helmet gave me Psycho-Pass flashbacks.

Looks like I've got catching up to do. I guess I'll check out the OVAs then.

Dude, just read the manga, then watch the ovas... you will rage after with us :(
Jul 13, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
deftnessx said:

12/13 is my bet, and it's enough, this is a flop as expected from Gonzo. They ruined completly the story starting on this arc, and those voices and art, just don't fit the characters.
Jul 13, 2013 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
MaTsS said:
deftnessx said:

12/13 is my bet, and it's enough, this is a flop as expected from Gonzo. They ruined completly the story starting on this arc, and those voices and art, just don't fit the characters.
I understand where you coming from and I like the manga artwork better, with Asuka character looks weird in IMO
Jul 13, 2013 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
Blackbird said:
I thought they will start from beginning, what chapters does this start in the manga?

This episode is chapters 80-83, but from the previews it looks like they are heading back to chapter 1 for the next episode.

I understand what's going on because it follows the manga well and I just re-read the chapters yesterday, but I hope the subs are up soon.

MaTsS said:
deftnessx said:

I have seen 12 listed, but others say it is unknown.
zensunniJul 13, 2013 3:41 PM
Jul 13, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
the manga is amazing, I highly recommend it. I don't have high hopes for the anime, but I still have hopes ;D;D gotta keep supporting kimi no iru machi
Jul 13, 2013 4:33 PM
May 2012
oh man , gonzo never fails to amuse me with their "animation quality" , i like how they try to save as much budget as possible, the artwork is quite good but the direction and actual animation not so much ....
Jul 13, 2013 5:16 PM
Jul 2013
I had to facepalm at that OP.
Jul 13, 2013 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
Well, they just had to continue from where the OVAs left off, and i really hate that, even though Kazama arc was the major turning point of the whole series, i really do hated it, arghhh, y u do dis.

I wish i was there i'd grab teh director and smack him.

deftnessx said:

The fact that in the preview poster they had made, Haruto, Yuzuki and Asuka as adults, and the fact that
i would say shows that 13 episodes are not enough to cover up to that point, it might be a 25 episode series and will cover up to a certain event unless they rush it out and make me Hate Seo even more for butchering the Manga by dragging it on for the Anime's sake and for also Rushing the anime in the end.
esenickJul 13, 2013 6:06 PM
Jul 13, 2013 6:17 PM
Jun 2013
It be great if this anime get 2 seasons
Jul 13, 2013 9:22 PM
Sep 2009
I'm disappointed the anime didn't start from the beginning, it shows young love at it's best. I have to agree I will rage but I won't stop watching where they started in the anime. It does get better so I hope they animate that far. It's still one of my favorite romance manga. I have to say I love the beginning, then hated some parts in the middle, and now I love how it is going. Manga is going pretty much nowhere at the moment but it's still really good to read about how all their relationships is connected. So much loveable characters.
Jul 13, 2013 9:26 PM
Aug 2012
good episode indeed, rather odd animation imo , my eyes dont like it for some reason.
The dialogue was alright though, then again who knows still alot of episodes to go.
muntasir123Jul 13, 2013 9:29 PM
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Jul 13, 2013 9:48 PM

Jun 2011
kinda disappointed
like the OVA art more than this.
i guess i'll start reading the manga
Blackbird said:

^^ now im forced to read the mangas of both series. will read kimi nu iru machi as soon as i finish reading TWOGK
Jul 13, 2013 10:05 PM

Jul 2011
This will only get 12 episodes. Ep 1 started when haruto's chasing yuzuki on tokyo. I think the last episode will be
Jul 13, 2013 10:23 PM
Aug 2012
A prime example of a shitty adaptation. We've all known for a while that the series was doomed from the start and that it's only going to get worse from here.
Jul 14, 2013 1:28 AM

May 2010
Meanwhile, nothing happens again in the manga
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 14, 2013 2:42 AM
Sep 2012
I felt the OP a little "forced".
Art is closer to manga than OVAs, or it's just me?

I hated hte ED. What's with those random panty shots?
Jul 14, 2013 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
its good to see that they skipped the shit beginning without losing much. but,
1. art is similar to manga but lacks detail and feels weird when animated, probably because of the low frame rate, making it seem more like a series of discontinuous pictures.
2. op is bad
3. viewers unfamiliar with the series will feel somewhat alienated
Jul 14, 2013 3:06 AM

Aug 2009
Is this manga/anime controversial due to its NTR elements (can't remember where I read this)? If it is, does that happen in the first 80 chapters (before this anime) or after it?
Jul 14, 2013 3:28 AM

Aug 2012
Call me when the Tokyo arc is over I really don't want to rage at this again.
Jul 14, 2013 4:19 AM

May 2010
I think some people said the official site reads 26 episodes.

Moreover, even if they started with the Tokyo arc, I think they're going to mix up a lot of flashbacks from the Hiroshima Arc, next week preview shows only scenes from the first chapters. If it's done right, it could be amazing.

As for the episode, I liked the art much more than in the Ova, I find it closer to Seo Kouji's style. The directing wasn't that great, though. Some scenes felt forced and some dialogue unnatural.
Jul 14, 2013 4:56 AM

Jun 2011
Jul 14, 2013 5:12 AM

Jan 2012
I have seen the ova, but I'm still confused about what's going on. Why the hell they didn't start at the beginning?

Jul 14, 2013 5:12 AM
Jun 2013
I hadn't watched the OVA or anything before this episode and let me tell you, I was really confused. There were so many details left unexplained and you're pretty much forced to watch the OVA in order to understand the whole thing. I mean without it... what Rin said is right - Haruto just seems like a creepy stalker. Eba gets next to no screen time at all in this episode and Haruto is constantly searching for her and shit. It's like she's running away from an overly obsessed country boy.

Also, what the fuck happened to the art? I watched the first episode before the OVA so I was already a little disappointed with it, but after seeing how much better the art in the OVA was... I can't help but wonder: what the fuck was the director thinking? Surely this isn't their idea of an improvement... is it? Are they low on budget or something? Regardless, what a letdown.

Overall, after seeing everything Kimi no Iru Machi that's been released in terms of anime, I can definitely see why people are disappointed. Had I seen the OVA beforehand, I would probably have been really looking forward to this episode. I suppose everything just gets worse from here. It's a damn shame.
Jul 14, 2013 5:52 AM

Aug 2008
Is this a good adaption of the manga? Does it follow the manga closely?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 14, 2013 6:06 AM

Nov 2012
sanjayts said:
Is this manga/anime controversial due to its NTR elements (can't remember where I read this)? If it is, does that happen in the first 80 chapters (before this anime) or after it?

Jul 14, 2013 6:21 AM

Sep 2008
tsudecimo said:
Sourire said:
Blackbird said:

Arcs that makes you rage > mediocre arcs.

Arcs that makes you rage > mediocre arcs > current arcs
Jul 14, 2013 6:23 AM
May 2013
Let the NTR begin....
Jul 14, 2013 6:58 AM
Aug 2010
Very good start with this show, I prefer the ova art overall I don't mind since the show going to be great
Jul 14, 2013 7:05 AM

Jun 2011
x15 said:
Very good start with this show, I prefer the ova art overall I don't mind since the show going to be great

can you point out what exactly is going to be great about this show?
The art is good but the rest r total crap. There's like no character development at all and the story is so badly written.
Jul 14, 2013 7:29 AM
Aug 2012
I feel like this episode isn't good if you don't know japanese. The whole episode is pretty much haruto making fun of asuka's accent. Fuark accent is strong.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Jul 14, 2013 7:55 AM

Feb 2011
Seems like it's going to be a fine slice of life.
Jul 14, 2013 8:13 AM

Aug 2007
I will not rage they skip over 80+ chapters worth of development, I will not rage they skip over 80+ chapters worth of development.

I think I did it. :P I'm a little disappointed that Rin's hair is no longer pink in the OVA, but I guess I can get over it. I'm not sure if I like the artsyle they used in the TV compare to the OVA, but it seems to work so far. Well at the positive side is I got Asuka animated and I'm curious on the next episode since it seems to be going back to chapter 1. If they can do it right it will make this episode not seem so weird.
Jul 14, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
DivineTrinity said:
I will not rage they skip over 80+ chapters worth of development, I will not rage they skip over 80+ chapters worth of development.

I think I did it. :P I'm a little disappointed that Rin's hair is no longer pink in the OVA, but I guess I can get over it. I'm not sure if I like the artsyle they used in the TV compare to the OVA, but it seems to work so far. Well at the positive side is I got Asuka animated and I'm curious on the next episode since it seems to be going back to chapter 1. If they can do it right it will make this episode not seem so weird.

I watch the ova but does that mean I've to read the first 80 chapters?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

98 by 14n9k »»
Apr 11, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

84 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

77 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.