Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2013 7:14 AM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
From rather sad/depressing episodes we move on to comedic. I like this transition that Uchuu Kyoudai always does.

So at last this secret identity of Alexander is revealed. Now I can understand why he was mistaken with Alexander since they do have some similarities. Moreover, I guess Alexander was the student of Young and probably one of the best ones.

I must mention that this episode made me laugh quite a few times. The best one was when Mutta tried to avoid getting hit by Young in the wheelchair. That slow motion hit was just hilarious! I honestly thought he will avoid it, but... Young moved in the same direction :D Mutta as always luckily unlucky. He keeps the balance of unfortunate events with fortunate ones at the same time. (Fails test, but receives best pilot instructor)

New opening song already grew on me. Listened three times and I have to say it's fitting the story and its mood. Opening theme video is always unique and funny :)
Jul 13, 2013 7:26 AM

May 2011
Ahh.. last week wasn't the same without this Anime.

Young looks like a fun old man. I'm glad he gets to teach Mutta since apparently he is the best instructor. It also seems like Mutta did well on the make-up exam.

It was nice that Serika and company stood up for Mutta when the others were mocking him.

Good opening. At least I won't skip this one like the last one.

Ovyda said:

I must mention that this episode made me laugh quite a few times. The best one was when Mutta tried to avoid getting hit by Young in the wheelchair. That slow motion hit was just hilarious! I honestly thought he will avoid it, but... Young moved in the same direction :D

Great minds think alike.
Jul 13, 2013 7:55 AM

Jul 2011
LOL. HE GOT HIT BY THE WHEELCHAIR, then he went flying. That was perfect!!

On another note, seems like Mutta did well on his make-up test... and it's nice to see Young again. He's so fun. XD

Last week was so sad... I really hate it when we don't get it every week. This episode went by really quickly too. Though the good thing is we get a lovely new opening and ending. The baby/childhood pictures at the end were great, and the opening has a great SoL feeling to it. I love how it portrays Mutta. :)
Jul 13, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
This brilliant anime deserves so much more than it receives. Why people are so ignorant and miss something so amazing? I forced 3 friends to watch it and all of them are loving it now, although they didn't plan watching it before.
Jul 13, 2013 9:11 AM

Apr 2012
Muh Deneil a great.
Jul 13, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it. Funny ep.

Glad that Mutta did well on the test :D And got the best instructor for himself :)

Lol'd at the reason he keeps mixing him up with Alexander XD

Nice to see Mutta's buddies looking out for him hehehe.

Really can't wait for nxt ep...seems that Mutta will get ahead of the others by 1.5 times XD

Let's see him puking his guts out nxt ep hahaha

Oh and loved the OP and ED :D
Jul 13, 2013 10:10 AM

Jun 2012
Cool they brought back Deneil Young, his eccentric personality plays well off of Mutta

I'm gonna miss the last ED but the new one isn't so bad. Same goes for the new OP
HybridMBLJul 13, 2013 12:17 PM
Jul 13, 2013 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
At last they dropped this thing with Sharon and moved on to training. I'm waiting for more.
Jul 13, 2013 10:41 AM

Dec 2011
Best show ever...can't get enough of it and i hope there will be more than 100 episodes.New arc start and i think the T-38 training will go on for 3 more episodes and love all character in this anime
Jul 13, 2013 11:40 AM

May 2008
Next episode Mutta will fly. I can't wait <3
Jul 13, 2013 11:58 AM

Apr 2010
Ahh, a nice, new OP.
Hahaha that wheelchair man is hilarious

Jul 13, 2013 12:26 PM

Jul 2007
Finally that god-awful OP is gone.
Jul 13, 2013 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
I LOVE NEW OPENING! *.*
Jul 13, 2013 1:15 PM

Jan 2011
Ovyda said:
This brilliant anime deserves so much more than it receives. Why people are so ignorant and miss something so amazing? I forced 3 friends to watch it and all of them are loving it now, although they didn't plan watching it before.

In answer to your question:

1. No fan service
2. No mecha
3. No shounen battle scenes
4. No fujoshi bait
5. No mahou shoujo transformations

All that leaves is a great plot, engaging characters, and scenes of adults doing adult things in the real world--what sort of an otaku would be interested in that?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 13, 2013 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
It was a rhetorical question... I know myself what those "fanboys" wish to see.

Just seeing the hype over DxD New already says more than enough lol
Jul 13, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2011
Back on track, can't wait to see the jet riding. I liked the new OP, but i really miss the last ED(still a good ED though).
Jul 13, 2013 3:45 PM

Jun 2010
Nice! Gum ojii san is back!
Jul 13, 2013 4:37 PM

May 2011
Oh how I love watching the brothers working together in the same house in the opening. I love that there are these people rooting for Nanba even if he doesn't know it. And yes, having Young back around is great! I welcome this lighter moment with what was going on before.
Jul 13, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
New OP and ED were nice, took me surprise actually, didn't think we'd get a change for another 12 weeks.

Nice to see Deneil Young again, always liked the guy, as far as technicality goes, i always thought there were things the show wasn't going to delve into, but with the T38, i have no doubt that, that it's going all the way.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 13, 2013 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
I really love the ED!
And I like how Mutta always get the most awesome instructor! :)
Jul 13, 2013 10:36 PM

May 2012
Love the guys standing up for Mutta especially Nitta (@ 1st I thought he will not care since he did not looked back)!! I bet Mutta ace the test again. Just focus Mutta!!!

Oh! And the ED pictures are so cute!!!!
Jul 13, 2013 10:43 PM
Oct 2008
Yeah! That geezer is back! I love him, he is so funny!
Jul 14, 2013 2:08 AM
Jun 2013
Finally a new episode! One week has never felt longer.

So happy Nanba was able to get a grip on the written testing. It pissed me off so much when the other ASCANs kept talking shit about him needing a make-up test. This is Nanba we're talking about! He's more than capable. Really wouldn't have minded Nitta beating the shit out of those guys. /rage

Anyway, nice to see him back on his feet! Until he got hit by Deneil of course, lol. What a great character. Between "Ratta!" and his comment about pilot instructors being secretly ranked based partly on how sexy their voice is on the radio, he really stole the show for me this episode. That customized wheelchair looks super convenient too, wow. If I ever become disabled from the waist down, I'm getting my wheelchair customized first thing!
Jul 14, 2013 2:51 AM

Nov 2012
Excellent, going to be an amazing stage this!

Jul 14, 2013 7:38 AM

Jul 2009
Haha, great episode! So nice to see Deniel again ... boy, Mutta sure attracts "weirdos" doesn't he? :P Loved how everyone stood up for him while the others were talking about him ... I'm guessing he's gonna ace his make-up exam XD I mean the only reason he didn't do well was because he was worried about Sharon :S
Lol @ Deniel saying the instructors were ranked ... and how he was stuck teaching Hibito because he also did the worst LOL XD Man, those planes look pretty freaking awesome though! Though Deniel putting on his jacket and standing in front of that plane by the end ... Mutta's gonna learn 1.5 times faster, right?! :P
New OP and ED, huzzah! Although I really liked the old ED, the new ones are pretty good as well but not that great, IMO. Super excited about this arc! :D
Jul 14, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2010
Ya Mutta always seem to get the eccentric instructors like Pico, but they normally turn out to be the best. I want to see what happens when Mutta flies with him!
Jul 14, 2013 3:04 PM
Aug 2012
Can't wait for the next episode
Jul 14, 2013 5:05 PM

Apr 2011
I'm looking forward to Deneil's back story and maybe a few flashbacks to Hibito's prior training.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jul 14, 2013 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
That OP was just great, touching on the whole brother bound thing again and a nice lighthearted song. Good ED as well.

haha I always figured that the guy could walk, seemed like the kind of guy that just did it for fun since that Wheelchair was ridiculously fast.
Can't wait to see them flying, but I wonder if there's something important behind that jet with the hole in it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 14, 2013 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
I love this show, it always makes me feel all happy inside XD. Love the new OP and END

Jul 15, 2013 1:26 AM

Mar 2011
Was waiting for this guy to come back xD. Again he gets the 'worst' instructor who is actually the best. Although I think after his make up he will have the best score on the test anyway.

I bet his plane is the one with the hole in, wonder how that will go..

Oh and I see why he called him Alexander now xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 16, 2013 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
rodac said:
Ovyda said:

1. No fan service
2. No mecha
4. No fujoshi bait

All that leaves is a great plot, engaging characters, and scenes of adults doing adult things in the real world--what sort of an otaku would be interested in that?

Well, one thing is that this series is long.. I myself normally avoid long series and used to have a saying "if story can't be told in 26 episodes, it's bound to be filler shit" - and for 99% of time that's true. If someone told me to pick up Space Brothers now, I'd tell them to choke on their Naruto.
Jul 16, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2010
I'm already in love with the new OP&ED. The new arc feels pretty promising. Can't wait to see Mutta on the plane.

Also, Deneil is fucking hilarious.
Jul 17, 2013 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
Ovyda said:

Huhu, it's almost the same here. I forced my brother and sister to watch at least the first episode, and they enjoy each episode of Uchuu Kyoudai now. The direction, plot, characters and all is just so amazing.

This episode was great, as always. I had a good laugh on the wheelchair moment.
I like the fact that Mutta has unintentionally the same instructor as his brother.
And I also loved the T38 scene with Kenji ! Like with the episode of Hibito's take off, this scene give me the chills. I don't know how they are doing it, but damn, it's really enjoyable.
removed-userJul 17, 2013 5:43 PM
Jul 18, 2013 7:51 AM
Nov 2011
Apart from the new OP and ED, which were both great, I could not help but notice that the animation has improved drastically since the other recent episodes, which looked rather cheap. I hope that the series will be able to uphold the current quality of production throughout the remaining episodes.
Young's reappearance is also a welcome one, although I am getting a bit tired of the series stereotypical way of having characters which are unpopular in-universe turn out to be geniuses.
Jul 19, 2013 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
New Op is pretty neat, not the biggest fan of the ed yet but it might grow on me.

The old man is awesome, it's hilarious seeing Mutta interacting with him. I was cracking up whenever the bubble gum popped onto his face and Mutta looked at him in disgust. Mutta is getting all of the eccentric and crazy instructors but they're turning out to be the best.

rodac said:

1. No fan service
2. No mecha
4. No fujoshi bait

Seriously my favorite comment of the year, Uchuu Kyoudai is one of a kind and I wouldn't have it any other way.
ZekkenshinJul 19, 2013 1:41 PM
Sep 6, 2013 10:20 PM
Aug 2011
Deneil Young you old coot.

Loved that almost epic dodge Mutta did and still got hit with the wheelchair.

The ED is adorable. Dem little Uchuu Bros ;~;
Sep 21, 2013 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
Misiakk said:
At last they dropped this thing with Sharon and moved on to training. I'm waiting for more.

I feel kinda heartless, but I feel the same way. I love Sharon, but I'm ready for some more quirky comedy that this show excels at, and this episode delivered. :)
Sep 28, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
AHAHAHA. THE NEW ED IS SO FREAKING CUTE ^_____________^
Especially the part where Mutta carried his little brother Hibito. :D

And LOL, now I know why that old man always mistaken him as "Alexander".
Jul 30, 2014 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
Go Mutta go! I think he will score pretty high on this test.
Nov 13, 2014 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
Lol@ "Ratta".

I like where this is going.
Mar 16, 2015 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
New ED is pretty nice but I prefer the previous ED a lot :/
Mar 30, 2015 9:13 PM

Jun 2009
Apr 15, 2015 8:27 AM

Aug 2010
Wow when the T38 flew, that was so cool!!!! Made me want to pilot that too LOL

Looking forward to more Mutta and Deneil, I love their interaction! And I definitely want to see them flying Deneil's T38 with 1.5 times the propulsion XD

Finally, we get to see the real Alexander!

And I bet Mutta's scores in the make up exam is really good~ Since he's all focused and stuff!

Loving the animation for the OP and especially ED!
blue-yApr 15, 2015 8:30 AM
Nov 22, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
So that's who Alexander is xD Love Deneil, such a crazy old dude.
Jan 10, 2016 10:38 PM
Dec 2009
Ovyda said:
From rather sad/depressing episodes we move on to comedic. I like this transition that Uchuu Kyoudai always does.

Agreed! This was a great episode. I love how Uchuu Kyoudai shows both the good and the bad sides of life realistically. Looking forward to this jet plane arc!!
Dec 26, 2016 8:23 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 65 - Wheelchair Pilot

New Opening, Show off Afro, Spike and Apo in a normal day.

Mutta studying really hard focused on his test.

Some AsCans were mocking Mutta, all his friends look at them, Nitta says "That is enough".

Mutta crash with Deneil, call him "Alexander" he mistake with "Alexander Nikolas Phillipos Medinakalos." a "top ranked" flying instructor.

New Ending that show of childhood Nanba brothers photos.

"A NASA cap... Rolex. Missing tooth. Deneil Young!" (Mutta)

"If I can stay focused, I can do anything!" (Nanba Mutta)

(T38 lift off was awesome!)

5/5
ArakitoDec 26, 2016 8:28 PM
Dec 28, 2016 8:51 AM

May 2015
Haha I just love this old man! Ratta :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 7, 2017 3:58 PM

Aug 2015
Things are getting real! Always love more training! Well sort of looks like Mutta is completely following into Hibito's steps now lmao quite the opposite of what he always says. Anyway, what a fun episode.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Sep 21, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2012
Lovely to see him again, and really loved that new ED and OP!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.