Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 1:11 PM
Mar 2013
Fai said:
Downgrade355 said:
Yven said:
Good news one after another. First Fairy Tail returns and now this. I was just gonna post on that thread of which anime would you want a remake and found this. Can hardly wait.

This isn't a remake though, as far as i'm concerned, there has always been demand for the HF route to be animated, as it was one of the popular routes in the game.

That has yet to be confirmed and it would be a damn shame on if its just HF considering it would not make any sense.

Downgrade355 said:
lksgman said:
This is a surprise but I beg that it contains more of the things fate/zero had but with the same story.

Not possible, Fate/Zero is more gore-ish action oriented, While Fate/Stay night is more of a romance/harem/action packed thingie, it might have the same feel, but Fate/stay night has alot of romantic interactions and focuses on the relationships unlike Fate/Zero where it mostly showed what happened before the events of stay night and explains some stuff which they didn't explain in fate stay night.

Not totally true.

It has more focus on characters(namely Shiro, Sakura, Rin and Saber), as well as Shiro's own character growth in different directions. There IS more romance but I would not say its a keystone - Shiro's worldview is.

Figured that much from the thread title alone but couldn't help it, I guess. From the looks of it, if it really is HF which seems to be really a dark one then hell, that makes it a lot better, at least for me (never played it thus the expectation).

Thanks for pointing out tho.

It's really nice that there is an anime producer as good as ufotable who actually listens to their fans.
Jul 12, 2013 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
if Shiro gets brutally killed, i might enjoy this
Jul 12, 2013 1:14 PM
Mar 2012
Saying Saber is the strongest servant class is misleading though: that class is the strongest because it's the most well-rounded one.

But the other Knight classes(Archer and Lancer) are also pretty badass. Lancer is handicapped by that E luck stat though.

A tangent with F/SN Berseker
Jul 12, 2013 1:18 PM
Feb 2012
After reading all these comments about HF being a harem/romance show I'm starting to lose the hype.
I mean, I loved Gen Urobuchi F/Z novel, however I really disliked F/SN.
F/z felt so much more mature, as I said before, there was no redundant fan service, no schools or teenagers, everything felt much more "realistic", plus Kiritsugu isn't full of crap compared to Shiro.
Jul 12, 2013 1:20 PM
May 2012
Cool I was just about to start the series.
Jul 12, 2013 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
AidanAK47 said:
Fai said:

You are talking about

CurrentUsername said:
After reading all these comments about HF being a harem/romance show I'm starting to lose the hype.
F/z felt so much more mature, as I said before, there was no redundant fan service, no schools or teenagers, everything felt much more "realistic", plus Kiritsugu isn't full of crap compared to Shiro.

Calling it a "harem" is not that accurate. You can't even REALLY make choices in romance, as one route follows the other.

The main focus is however interactions and characters - you have those people touched by the previous war - namely Shiro, Rin, Sakura and Saber - and you see them interact, come to different various conclusions about life and overall grow up. After all, all three routes are the metaphor for
AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 1:27 PM
Jul 12, 2013 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
CurrentUsername said:

It's not a harem. Yes there is romance involved but it doesn't take away from the story. HF is actually pretty mature.
Jul 12, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2007
I have no words to describe how happy i am. NO WORDS.
Jul 12, 2013 1:26 PM
Mar 2012
CurrentUsername said:

Heaven's Feel is not a harem (well...you could argue that the last Bad Ending is one but yeah...). HF is similar in tone to Fate/Zero and I think Urobuchi found inspiration for F/Z from the HF route. Certainly when HF directly challenges Shirou on whether he should be like Kiritsugu or not(The ending where he does chose to be like Kiristugu is the Mind of Steel ending) and HF also features Kotomine at his most badass.
Jul 12, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2012

CurrentUsername said:

You'll be surprised, Heaven's Feel so much different than Fate first Route, Shirou is also really different, you can see it by looking here:
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Jul 12, 2013 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
makouz789 said:

CurrentUsername said:

You'll be surprised, Heaven's Feel so much different than Fate first Route, Shirou is also really different, you can see it by looking here:

Shirou is only bad in FSN anime adaptation, to be honest.

Fate shirou is idealistic as fuck, but his character development and background makes that idealism sort of bittersweet and contrasts him with Kotomine, since

UBW shirou is best shirou -

HF Shirou is

Interpreting SHirou based on his DEEN failadaptation's character is one of biggest mistakes ever, considering Shiro is one of the most complex and unique protagonists in narrative fiction ever.
Jul 12, 2013 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
CurrentUsername said:

Your Opinion isn't supported by the majority, at least the solid fanbase doesn't.

Ragna92 said:

It's not a harem. Yes there is romance involved but it doesn't take away from the story. HF is actually pretty mature.

Actually it somewhat is, even nasu has stated this several times during those old interviews at that time when the game had all the hype, but yeah while there is harem elements and there is romance, it doesn't affect the story all that much, but it is based on an eroge after all. you don't have to tell people what they want to hear to make them feel better, FSN is what it is, if you don't like Fanservice, or romance, or harem, or action or anything the title has to offer, then it isn't for you, you can just skip it, and i'm talking generally here.

also Fate/Zero feels much more mature is because Gen Urobuchi, he's known for his gore-oriented and dark stuff ever since Saya no uta, or maybe even before. so yes, there is a difference between the two, if you liked one you won't necessarily like the other, but if you're a solid fan then you'll like both.
Jul 12, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
Obligatory

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jul 12, 2013 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
AbZeroNow said:

Heaven's Feel is not a harem (well...you could argue that the last Bad Ending is one but yeah...). HF is similar in tone to Fate/Zero and I think Urobuchi found inspiration for F/Z from the HF route. Certainly when HF directly challenges Shirou on whether he should be like Kiritsugu or not(The ending where he does chose to be like Kiristugu is the Mind of Steel ending) and HF also features Kotomine at his most badass.

The game as a whole has harem elements, not only Heaven's feel, HF was a bit serious , but it still had harem/romance undertones.
Jul 12, 2013 1:39 PM
Feb 2012
Was it officially stated that they're making HF? Or speculations?
Jul 12, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2007
BloodRequiem said:
Obligatory

Do you have to rub it in? :[

Studio Deen - animating in flash and overall ruining shit since gods know when.

CurrentUsername said:
Was it officially stated that they're making HF? Or speculations?

Speculation. It does not really makes sense to just adapt one route, considering they all sort of set up each other and help to explain each other. JUST HF adaptation would be...lifeless.
Jul 12, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
CurrentUsername said:

HF is only a Route in Fate/stay night, the series as a whole is sort of harem, no one is forcing you to like F/SN just because it has something you're not into, if you're a fan of Urobuchi and expect F/SN to be the same as F/Z then i suggest you pass on this one, same goes for everyone out there who's going to make the same complaints.
Jul 12, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2010
I knew it was coming sooner or later, but I didn't think it would be announced sooner.

Also, HEAVEN'S FEEL GOGOGO
Jul 12, 2013 2:13 PM

May 2012
Wow. Good news. Since it is ufotable, the quality is something to look forward to.
Jul 12, 2013 2:17 PM

Sep 2009
Good news of the day! Even better if will really be HF.
Jul 12, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2010
Good, I think animating HF is the best option since it's sort of complimenting Fate/Zero. Shiro simply went all Kiritsugu, just without

And of course, we have a proper conclusion with

And it's always worth it to see Gilgamesh
. Well... I'm excited! XD

I just hope Nasu will rewrite some things so she can improve the HF original script and possibly add some things so it could works well as stand alone without presence of other routes. I have no idea how, though.

Jul 2007
Shocked said:
I knew it was coming sooner or later, but I didn't think it would be announced sooner.

Will never understand people like this.

You do realize that without adapting the REST of VN, HF adaptation would make as much sense as Deen's dreaded UBW butchering in the movie?

Apr 2008
Ugh not the worst fuckin route in the whole novel. =_= after they butchered Unlimited Blade works with the movie =_=
Jul 12, 2013 2:20 PM

Nov 2012
I've watched Fate/Zero, in BD version. The art is so detail and the fighting scene is just great. For this one I think this will be great too.
Jul 12, 2013 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Ugh not the worst fuckin route in the whole novel. =_= after they butchered Unlimited Blade works with the movie =_=

Pretty much how I feel.

Not a worst rote for me though(fate is worse), but HF certainly is not as strong as UBW and lives solely on those few incredibly badass scenes, that ALSO only make sense in context of whole VN. Adapting JUST HF would be shooting themselves in the foot though.
Jul 12, 2013 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Pretty much how I feel.

Not a worst rote for me though(fate is worse), but HF certainly is not as strong as UBW and lives solely on those few incredibly badass scenes, that ALSO only make sense in context of whole VN. Adapting JUST HF would be shooting themselves in the foot though.

The only good thing to come from HF is Dark Saber and Casual wear Rider. That's it. The rest is just beyond fucked up and stupid.
Jul 12, 2013 2:26 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Pretty much how I feel.

The only good thing to come from HF is Dark Saber and Casual wear Rider. That's it. The rest is just beyond fucked up and stupid.

Everything else is quite meh and frankly the whole
won't work without adaptations of other routes being made.

Still hoping ufotable won't be idiotic and will just adapt all routes one after other.
Jul 12, 2013 2:27 PM
Feb 2012
The thing I hate the most about HF, after reading wiki is
Jul 12, 2013 2:29 PM

Nov 2010
CurrentUsername said:

Why would you do that?
Jul 12, 2013 2:30 PM

Jul 2007
CurrentUsername said:

AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 2:33 PM
Jul 12, 2013 2:30 PM
May 2013
Wow!!! This is really good! Especially the fact that Ufotable is going to animate this anime!
Jul 12, 2013 2:33 PM
Feb 2012
Fai said:
CurrentUsername said:

Jul 12, 2013 2:35 PM

Aug 2010
Please adapt Heaven's Feel Ufotable!

Let's go! "Trace ... on!"

"Set. Nine Lives Blade Works!"
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jul 12, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2010
Fai said:
Shocked said:

Will never understand people like this.

You do realize that without adapting the REST of VN, HF adaptation would make as much sense as Deen's dreaded UBW butchering in the movie?

It's a personal preference. Yeah, adapting the first two routes would make sense, but I'm concerned if they don't get straight to Heaven's Feel, which I feel is important since it ties Fate/Stay Night to Fate/zero. Yes, the Deen adaptations weren't all that, but they still exist. I'm not sure what would happen if ufotable re-animated them. Will people go nuts over the revamp? Will people not care because they think they've seen it already? Besides updating the looks, what else could ufotable add to the two previous route adaptations? How would they deal with the "resets" in between? Would this affect how many episodes are dedicated to each route? Just a couple things that came to mind.

It would actually be interesting to see how the fandom would react, including people who have read the novel, people who have only seen the Deen versions, and people who have seen neither.And yes, Heaven's Feel in the visual novel has the highest amount of H scenes, has a crapton of kitchen scenes, focuses on the, arguably, most boring heroine, and I believe the high amount of bad ends, stuff like Mind of Steel, Sparks Liner High, and Femme Fatal, were probably the best parts of Heaven's Feel, and we probably won't be seeing those.

Now that I think about it, a Tsukihime revamp would had been better since Fate has already gotten a lot of treatment. Still, I'm hoping to see Heaven's Feel animated since it's the last part of the visual novel that hasn't been, but either ways, the fact that ufotable is giving attention to Fate/Stay Night is already good news, so I'll be happy with whatever happens.
Jul 12, 2013 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
im kinda unsure about this.
i enjoyed fate/stay but got bored at bits and found the ending a bit plain. loved unlimited blade works. didnt have much of an opinion on fate/zero (didnt care mostly) so im on the fence about this one.
still see how it goes........although might not bother (can't stand sakura)
Jul 12, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2007
CurrentUsername said:
Fai said:
CurrentUsername said:

Jul 12, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
i just hope it won't be just a remake of the FSN route but an actual adaption of HF.
don't want to wait another 4 years for HF.
Jul 12, 2013 2:45 PM
Feb 2012
Fai said:
CurrentUsername said:
Fai said:
CurrentUsername said:

Jul 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
FUCK YESS!! THEY DID AN AWESOME JOB ON FATE/ZERO

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Jul 2007
Kurogashi said:
i just hope it won't be just a remake of the FSN route but an actual adaption of HF.

You NEED to remake fate for it all to make sense though - most of lore set up happens in fate and prologue. Without it and without UBW, HF would make no sense at all.

Shocked said:

It's a personal preference. Yeah, adapting the first two routes would make sense, but I'm concerned if they don't get straight to Heaven's Feel, which I feel is important since it ties Fate/Stay Night to Fate/zero.

All routes directly tie to fate/ero. HF simply ties to Sakura plotline of fate/ero. UBW ties to Tohsaka and Kiritsugu plotlines of Fate/Zero, while fate ties to fate/zero epilogue itself.

Shocked said:
Yes, the Deen adaptations weren't all that, but they still exist. I'm not sure what would happen if ufotable re-animated them.

Doing the same stuff FMA:Brotherhood did - ignoring they exist.

Shocked said:

Will people go nuts over the revamp? Will people not care because they think they've seen it already? Besides updating the looks, what else could ufotable add to the two previous route adaptations?

But they did not SEE it already - nothing in fate anime was in anyway similar to novel - they had Saber fight freaking gilgamesh as prologue for gods sake.

The RIn prologue would already establish this as different from previous work. Apart from having SOME similar elements, the flow of story is entirely different.

Shocked said:

How would they deal with the "resets" in between?

flashforwards to ataraxia storyline with
Narrating the nature of multiverses. Or Zelretch.

That way they can then release Ataraxia stuff as a series of OVAs latter on.

Shocked said:

Would this affect how many episodes are dedicated to each route?

Twelve eps per route works fine for me.

Shocked said:

It would actually be interesting to see how the fandom would react, including people who have read the novel, people who have only seen the Deen versions, and people who have seen neither.

Sufficient amount of time has passed.

ALMOST TEN YEARS have passed since previous adaptation. Majority of people have no idea what FSN adaptation was. If Brotherhood worked out just fine, this would too.

Shocked said:

And yes, Heaven's Feel in the visual novel has the highest amount of H scenes, has a crapton of kitchen scenes, focuses on the, arguably, most boring heroine, and I believe the high amount of bad ends, stuff like Mind of Steel, Sparks Liner High, and Femme Fatal, were probably the best parts of Heaven's Feel, and we probably won't be seeing those.

Which is why it needs other routes. HF works infinitely better with other routes before it as a backdrop. That way you can care about characters who get shafted without even speaking a word.

Shocked said:

Now that I think about it, a Tsukihime revamp would had been better since Fate has already gotten a lot of treatment. Still, I'm hoping to see Heaven's Feel animated since it's the last part of the visual novel that hasn't been, but either ways, the fact that ufotable is giving attention to Fate/Stay Night is already good news, so I'll be happy with whatever happens.

You mean Tsukihime adaptation, since it never got an anime, right?

And I feel that just adapting HF would be like shooting themselves in the foot - viewers would be unable to connect with material or make sense out of it as too much time has passed since DEEN's failadaptation. Also adapting all routes makes more sense as a way to promote Realta Nua Vita game, especially since ufotable animated scenes for other routes anyway

CurrentUsername said:

AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 2:58 PM
Jul 12, 2013 2:52 PM
Aug 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
Good, I think animating HF is the best option since it's sort of complimenting Fate/Zero. Shiro simply went all Kiritsugu, just without

I just hope Nasu will rewrite some things so she can improve the HF original script and possibly add some things so it could works well as stand alone without presence of other routes. I have no idea how, though.

Shirou goes like Kiritsugu in UBW, while in Heavens feel is the contrary beacause he is the exact opposite to Kiritsugu, he just abandons all his sense of justice because of one woman.
Hans_0819Jul 12, 2013 2:55 PM
Jul 12, 2013 2:55 PM

Jul 2007
Itachi_0893 said:
zeroyuki92 said:

Shirou goes like Kiritsugu in UBW, while in Heavens feel is the contrary he is the exact opposite to Kiritsugu, he just throws all his sense of justice because of one woman.

^ THIS.

In UBW Shirou
Jul 12, 2013 2:56 PM
Aug 2010
Fai said:
Itachi_0893 said:
zeroyuki92 said:

Shirou goes like Kiritsugu in UBW, while in Heavens feel is the contrary he is the exact opposite to Kiritsugu, he just throws all his sense of justice because of one woman.

^ THIS.

In UBW Shirou

And thats exactly why I hate that route.
Jul 12, 2013 3:03 PM

Jul 2007
On side note this makes me want fate/2, with Edelfelt, Rin and Shirou hijinks three years latter.
Jul 12, 2013 3:04 PM

May 2010
Disliked the Stay/Night, loved the Zero series. I'm totally checking this one out, though my main problem is with the protagonist... Not even close in being as awesome as Kiritsugu.

Well, I haven't read the visual novel yet, so don't really know what to expect.
Jul 12, 2013 3:07 PM
Aug 2010
Kitsu-nee said:
Disliked the Stay/Night, loved the Zero series. I'm totally checking this one out, though my main problem is with the protagonist... Not even close in being as awesome as Kiritsugu.

Well he is fucking badass in Unlimited blade works route.
Jul 12, 2013 3:12 PM
May 2013
BEST ANIME NEWS, EVER!
Loved Fate/Zero, and i have NO idea about the story in fate/sn AT ALL, fucking perfect, made my week, cheers!
Jul 12, 2013 3:13 PM
Feb 2012
I'll call him a "bad ass" if he kills Sakura and Rin in episode 1.
Jul 12, 2013 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
Fai said:
Kurogashi said:

You NEED to remake fate for it all to make sense though - most of lore set up happens in fate and prologue. Without it and without UBW, HF would make no sense at all.

wut are these lores?
Jul 12, 2013 3:15 PM
May 2013
Kitsu-nee said:

Kiritsugu and Rail tracer from Baccano are the two most badass character ever created in a tv series, simple as that : D. Maybe, JUST maybe we can get some flashback action with Kiritsugu in this remake
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 12 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.