Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 10:10 PM

Mar 2012
dniv said:
@CreationBreaker That joke was already made before though. They just referenced it again now...

I still felt that I just had to make that joke.

dniv said:
To honor this absolutely incredible episode, expect the longest episode review you have ever seen :D (in a few hours at the earliest).

Wall of text incoming. All hands brace for impact!
I'll definitely have fun responding to that once it's up. Just try and organize it a bit so I can respond in an organized manner like last time. XD

Seriously, though. The direction for this episode was almost flawless.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 12, 2013 10:12 PM

Sep 2012
I want the lap pillow too~~~ >< though it might be shocking :3
Jul 12, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2012
I gotta say I never enjoyed a rail gun episode this much before. It was beyond expectations and perfectly executed. Definitely one of JC staff's best works. Currently slowly making my way through the Light Novels.
Jul 12, 2013 10:27 PM
Dec 2008
What a fucking boss.
Jul 12, 2013 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
words cant describe how perfect this episode was!
Jul 12, 2013 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
While this Railgun series has been better (in my opinion) than the two Index series and the Railgun series before, this series just continues to prove with this episode how emotionally gripping this series is. It's actually suffocating to watch how emotionally invested all the characters are and this episode really beat that home.

I loved this episode to death. In fact, it's probably my favorite episode in the series and probably the first episode that had me saying "wow" in absolute astonishment at how emotional it is.

I loved this episode...one of the few anime so far this year that have me emotionally invested...even if I know how this is already going to play out.
Jul 12, 2013 10:33 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode with dealing with the internal problems Misaka was having and finally believed someone was out there to help her.
Jul 12, 2013 10:45 PM

Nov 2008
Dat cellphone is the STRONGEST. it even withstood biribiri's EMP nuke. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 12, 2013 10:54 PM

May 2011
That was... beautiful. Wow, JC staff really did a great job with this episode. It was hella lot more emotional than what I had expected and it was definitely done a lot better than the scene in Index. I could totally feel the emotions coming out of Misaka and my eyes just went all watery after seeing her adorably cry like that at the end ;_;. Loved the bgm and the timing of the ED song as well, they really helped give the scenes even more feels.
Jul 12, 2013 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
ZeroZx said:
That was... beautiful. Wow, JC staff really did a great job with this episode. It was hella lot more emotional than what I had expected and it was definitely done a lot better than the scene in Index. I could totally feel the emotions coming out of Misaka and my eyes just went all watery after seeing her adorably cry like that at the end ;_;. Loved the bgm and the timing of the ED song as well, they really helped give the scenes even more feels.

I think part of the reason for that is due to trying to tell this story more from Misaka's perspective than Touma's. In Majutsu, the story is from Touma's perspective and his emotional attachment to the Sisters aren't nearly as strong as Misaka's. It's much more personal from her and I think that's what the producers were trying to get across. In my opinion, it worked. This episode was pretty emotional.
Jul 12, 2013 11:03 PM
May 2013
This episode just.....WOW...
Jul 12, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2012
Those goddamn feels. 11/10.

serious Railgun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bad slice of life Railgun
JoshJul 12, 2013 11:32 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 12, 2013 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
Very impressed!
GJ JC staff

10/10
Jul 12, 2013 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
Most of the events of this episode were already done in Index season 1, am I right?
Jul 12, 2013 11:30 PM

May 2013
everything is just really the same in Index but ill still watch this
Jul 12, 2013 11:30 PM

Sep 2012
great episode...

just like in To Aru Index but in better animation...

xD
Jul 12, 2013 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
Man props to J.C. Staff they have been pulling all strings to make this season of Railgun amazing, even though this is the same scene we saw in the 1st index, they completely redid it with better animation, better osts to fit the mood. Can't wait for the next episode to see how they revamp Accelerator vs Touma, since if I recall the fight was done differently in the manga series compared to the anime.
Jul 12, 2013 11:44 PM
Nov 2009
this is the living proof you can always do something better, JC is learning from their mistakes and giving us top animation and directing, finally.
Jul 12, 2013 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
Everything about this episode was great i faintly remember this in S1 but because of all backstory amazing ost ques this time it was far more impactful

say what you will Touma was a total boss this time around before all punching bitches in the face lol..
Jul 12, 2013 11:58 PM
Aug 2012
Amazing episode, I think they did better job on this part than in Index season 1
Touma is the best

Jul 13, 2013 12:24 AM
Mar 2013
Did anyone else notice as I just noticed that they didn't mention the destroyed X's for labs. I absolutely love this rendition, but I find it interesting Touma didn't bring it up. (I guess the viewers are supposed to know about it already.)

Also, she looks like her mom when she cries.
dnivJul 13, 2013 12:38 AM
Jul 13, 2013 12:28 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, this episode was sooo good. The emotions, the animation, the OST. I don't remember Index's bridge scene being this impactful.
Jul 13, 2013 12:58 AM

Feb 2013
so perfect
Jul 13, 2013 1:25 AM

Dec 2012
....lost of words. seriously J.C, after all this time.. this is the masterpiece so far.
next episode, epic battle is on baby...
Jul 13, 2013 1:38 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was just outstanding. I mean damn, they really sucked me into the episode.

So many great moments in there. But it just reached a great peak with Touma getting blown away and what he said afterwards. Finally, Mikoto didn't have to carry all the burden herself. She's just been punishing herself and blaming herself for all of this and trying to resolve it all on her own. Everyone needs help at some point and glad she finally got it here.
Jul 13, 2013 1:40 AM

Dec 2012
DenjaX said:
Dat cellphone is the STRONGEST. it even withstood biribiri's EMP nuke. xDD

LOL i just happen to realize that... nice job.
Jul 13, 2013 1:43 AM

Mar 2011
Well done J.C. Staff this episode was one of the best so far.
Jul 13, 2013 1:54 AM
May 2013
After voting 4/5 and seeing how strongly everyone else felt about this episode I couldn't help but say to myself, I've made a huge mistake...

I didn't think it was anything that amazing, I wasn't blown away... or maybe it was because hurts me too much to see her cry :'(

I also thought it was amusing that he checks his phone right after getting hit by a electric wave, but then again judging by some of the discussions above, that phone is pretty OP.
Jul 13, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2012
Another epic episode. Way more awesome than it was in the first season.
Jul 13, 2013 2:04 AM

Jun 2010
My long awaited episode! <3

Haaaa... I'm speechless. Epic OST btw.
Jul 13, 2013 2:21 AM

Jun 2013
ToumaxMikoto. Perfect.

Loving that ratio on the episode rating. Not even a 3/5.
Jul 13, 2013 2:26 AM

Feb 2010
Uhm why does Touma tells her to help him and then he goes alone?

A bit boring watching something I've already seen in index.
Jul 13, 2013 2:31 AM
Mar 2013
Vanisher said:

He tells her to do him a favor: to trust him and let him do his thing. That means not to commit suicide so he can save her and bring a smile back to her face. That's very different from helping him fight... And this was much better than the Index version... (rofl at those who don't notice this)
Jul 13, 2013 2:54 AM

Feb 2010
dniv said:
Vanisher said:

He tells her to do him a favor: to trust him and let him do his thing. That means not to commit suicide so he can save her and bring a smile back to her face. That's very different from helping him fight... And this was much better than the Index version... (rofl at those who don't notice this)

The way the conversation is done doesn't make sense (at least in the subs) Misaka basically says "you can't beat him!" and then touma goes "So... how about you help me, then?". Yeah I know than then he says her to wait him but the whole conversation is kinda misleading.

And I didn't way it wasn't better than the index version, but it's essentially the same. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just not really exciting for me.
Jul 13, 2013 3:02 AM

Sep 2011
dat crying Misaka ;_;
Jul 13, 2013 3:03 AM

Nov 2010
Vanisher said:
dniv said:
Vanisher said:

The way the conversation is done doesn't make sense (at least in the subs) Misaka basically says "you can't beat him!" and then touma goes "So... how about you help me, then?". Yeah I know than then he says her to wait him but the whole conversation is kinda misleading.

And I didn't way it wasn't better than the index version, but it's essentially the same. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just not really exciting for me.

I wouldn't say that watching an opera concert in a great concert hall as "not exciting" JUST BECAUSE I have listened to those songs at a much smaller concert hall (performed by much more inferior orchestra) years ago. But well, of course everyone have different tastes.

Anyway, excellent episode. Now considering Railgun as a candidate for the season's personal most favorite.
Jul 13, 2013 3:18 AM

Mar 2012
Can't wait for Accelerator's illusions to be shattered!

Kurogashi said:

That's how I'll feel when Railgun is over.
TravSavageJul 13, 2013 3:26 AM
Jul 13, 2013 3:35 AM

Jun 2011
I have always thought that the Index novel of this arc combined with the Railgun manga of this arc made one of the greatest things that has come from the Index series and watching this new Railgun season it only made me think that more. This is by far the best of all 4 of the anime seasons that have come from Raildex, JC Staff have truly stepped up their game to a whole new level and it really seems like they have managed to grasp onto how to animate the Raildex universe.

I have always loved that bridge scene i loved reading it in the novel, i loved watching it in the original first season of Index, i loved reading it in the railgun manga and i loved it here this has always been one of my favorite scenes out of the arc and JC staff an even better job with it for a second time.

Now we move on to the climax of this whole arc from now on lets see how the animate the fight this time because the original novel fight was a little different to the first season Index anime fight and the Railgun manga fight was different to the Index anime fight as well though i can not remember how close the Railgun manga fight was to the Index novel fight does anyone remember?
DragoonDeusJul 13, 2013 3:43 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 13, 2013 4:25 AM
Feb 2013
GOD DAMMIT J.C.Staff. Why you so awesome ? When did you become “THAT” awesome.
I can't believe this season is made by the same studio as the previous ones.
Touma with Kuroko was a good moment but too short imo. I've waited so long the teleportation being “broken”.
That bridge scene was awesome. Beautifully made.
Jul 13, 2013 4:31 AM

Aug 2010
Oh my...Touma CAN be cool once in a while. And I always considered him to be a spineless stupid bacteria. Well, he pissed me off seriously in the second season of Index. Can't say the same about the first one, as i simply don't remember. Aaaaanyway, I really liked how Touma acted. Cool.
Jul 13, 2013 4:44 AM

Aug 2011
This episode was god tier, the animation, the ost and the well directed scenes was pretty much perfect for this episode and for us fans one of most anticipated scenes at the "Bridge". JC Staff did a fantastic job on this episode. Now I can't wait until the next badass episode, Accelerator incoming!

They did well on bringing out the feelings Misaka has inside of her in the scenes and what her thoughts were when Touma confronted her about the project, so good!

This season has gone beyond my expectation and now is a 9 on my list. I hope JC Staff will continue with the trend and we get one hell of an adaption for the novel.

Jul 13, 2013 4:46 AM
Mar 2013

A conversation of this type never felt too short before and damn, that OST not to mention the quality of the animation has greatly improved to the point that in mind I was comparing it to Fate/Zero (I don't know, maybe it's just because the bridge looks the same as that bridge in Fate/Zero but I doubt it).

I'm so glad that I don't particularly like Index so I don't really remember this scene from there which amused me more than it should since I don't have any memory of having watched this scene before.
YvenJul 13, 2013 4:49 AM
Jul 13, 2013 4:51 AM
Feb 2013
hmm... I must say...even I felt some heartfelt emotional response to the bridge scene, and I wouldn't call myself someone falling easily into an emo-state.

But this was really well done. The emotions/relations/expressions/characterisation/inner thoughts were superbly interwoven, and it touched perfectly the 'soft-spot' in all of us, I would say.
Jul 13, 2013 5:01 AM

Jan 2008
That's Touma for you, stepping in on someone else's anime and taking on the strongest guy :)
Jul 13, 2013 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
WTH I DONT THINK TOUMA HAD A SMARTPHONE IN RAILGUN S1
Jul 13, 2013 5:11 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was simply perfect! 10/5
Jul 13, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my f*cking gawd! Just wow...JUST WOW!

The scene between Touma and Misaka is just epic! Dem Feels dood!
It reminded me again of the first season but this episode had more
emotional impact. Add to that the ending song was just perfect for the
scene. It was on that day the Misaka is starting to fall in love with him.

Dammit JC Staff! Bring Index III!
Jul 13, 2013 5:50 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I'm surprised that I got the chills from Misaka's reaction, I mean I felt nothing in Index (I believe that was partly since we never witnessed Misaka's previous attempts on foiling the experiments) so this was really a pleasant surprise. The direction and visuals were a strong step up and now I'm pretty excited for next episode.
Jul 13, 2013 5:52 AM

Oct 2012
Epic so much epicness here
So Touma just go without asking where the experiment is?
I love this pairing, you call them hero & heroine :)
Next ep, it's TouMAN vs Accelolicon!
Can't wait.. Saturday come faster

Welil said:
That's Touma for you, stepping in on someone else's anime and taking on the strongest guy :)

Lol, well he had his own anime too xD

edwd2 said:

Lol he never used one in index
"Signature removed"
Jul 13, 2013 5:58 AM

Jun 2011
edwd2 said:

Well tbh either way their phones should be much more advanced than ours Academy City is like 30 years ahead of us technology wise have you ever seen kuroko's one? Either way Touma's phone has god like duribility throughout index though he has broke the screen before by simply stepping on it lol
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.