Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 18, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
accelerator vs touma next! so much nostalgia from index

Jun 30, 2014 11:21 PM

Apr 2012
Touma enters mc mode
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jul 15, 2014 12:41 AM

Mar 2014
saltncheese said:
Kamijou Touma...the man who can't be moved.

I was thinking the same thing. xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 21, 2014 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
oh holy crap, that was a really good episode. the ost fits the mood well, and the animation is very smooth.

9999/10
Recommend me an anime
Aug 29, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2014
I loved this episode. One of the best of this series. A pretty nice OST to accompany the bridge scene. Much better done than the Index series. Accelerator vs Touma NEXT TIME!
Sep 12, 2014 9:43 AM
Sep 2013
Touma Vs Accelerator wonder how different its going to be compared to index fight. Ost was pretty good in this episode. Misaka monologues sound so sad.
Sep 14, 2014 12:07 AM

Sep 2013
No one can stop the Tou-MAN train : /
Not even being a supporting character
Sep 23, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
Meh, Index again with some added things..
Jan 5, 2015 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
>MFW the episode end

Seriously, I had already seen that scene in the first season of Index, but it hit way harder in that season. When you knows all the despair that she was carrying, it was really heartbreaking to see Misaka being that desperated to the point of killing herself. I even shed a few manly tears :'(

Well, I guess a lot of us were waiting for that episode. Probably the best of the Toaru serie. It really have an impact that no other episodes give.

Biribiri got ToumaPunched right in the heart. Goddamnit, autor, makes that shit OTP already for fuck sake!!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 12, 2015 8:31 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, that bridge scene was just perfect. It really conveyed the burden Misaka has been carrying and the relief that came with having someone to confide in. This has been a huge step up from season 1 so far without a dull moment to spare.
Jun 26, 2015 5:27 AM

Dec 2014
Re-watched for the nth time.... This episode is really good...

:)

Touma x Mikoto

>///<
Nov 6, 2015 11:56 PM
Apr 2015
TallonKarrde23 said:
MoonxArtemis said:

The fact that the heroine, the main protagonist, would turn out to be a damsel in distress needing her prince to come save her killed it all.

Uh, this isn't the first time she was helpless without him in Railgun, she was a "damsel in distress needing her prince" in season 1 already. Otherwise her, a loli, and Uiharu would all be fucking dead right now. Just a reminder. Actually, THAT time she was a damsel in distress - this time she's not fitting into that at all.

Claiming she "needs" him in this situation is a bit inaccurate - she CHOSE to be in this situation, so NOW she needs him, but if she just said fuck the clones and was a total piece of shit she could walk away unharmed and fine. She could have never got involved in the first place. Plus, she didn't need him - she had an option, it was a fucking stupid one, but really it makes sense both as a solution and for the character to have come to that idea out of desperation. So claiming she "needed" him in that aspect is also wrong.

You can't use the stupid feminist trope of whining about the "damsel in distress" when she isn't that - she's a girl choosing to fight against a force she has no need to fight. It's not like Accelerator is after her and Touma stepped in or something - she's going out of her way to put herself in a situation she simply can't handle without going to a very extreme plan (letting Accel kill her). I mean, really, will you claim any series that has a female character end up needing help is just pulling the damsel in distress card? Yes, she was remembering her own words from a prior episode, but the actual idea of it does not fit in the context you're using it in. She's getting help from a friend because he's factually, within the story, more capable of fighting this specific enemy. This wouldn't apply in the case of the girls - none of them have an ability capable of fighting Accelerator and would with about a 100% probability be ripped to pieces and brutally killed like all the clones and like Biribiri herself (who is also the strongest of the group). It's funny, you're complaining about her being a damsel in distress only because a male stepped in to help her, yet you'd be fine if some girl was there instead - please keep your feminist and women empowerment issues from infecting anime discussions so needlessly.

Nov 7, 2015 12:08 AM
Apr 2015
Dang - why does the pole only go up to 5? 5 cannot describe a god-tier episode like this.
Feb 29, 2016 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
I'm not a fan of repetitive story-line but this is more detailed than the Index I.
Did Misaka cry during Index I??? I don't remember.

This is out of discussion but if Misaka sister was born with long hair, how much time did the scientist spend on cutting 20,000 worth hair??

3.4/5
Mar 30, 2016 6:46 PM

Mar 2015
This episode is god-tier! OH god! The feels! Railgun S nailed it better than Index I.

Holy SHIT! Taking Misaka's POV and learning about her dark secret and what she's thinking. Best Toaru series.

Touma x Misaka OTP. +Misaka 10032 cause why not?

Sep 22, 2016 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
TallonKarrde23 said:
Also, this is an episode of Index I've seen and from what I remember it was handled like most of Index and didn't really evoke much of any feelings for me. Maybe that's a fault with the anime adaptation rather than the source material, but this time both Biribiri and Touma were just fucking incredibly handled in the whole bridge scene. The music and art in Railgun S in comparison is obviously much better in this scene - but the voice acting is what really got me. Rina Satou pulled off an amazing and beautiful performance, probably the best yet that I've heard from her as Mikoto or in any of her other roles. Probably one of the best performances I've heard in anime in general.

Actually, this entire EPISODE is probably one of the very best things I've seen in anime in my experience. It was really just fucking incredible.
Personally I didn't find Index's portrayal of the scene particularly at fault. It's kind of hard to explain, but there just something missing from it that Railgun captured. Perhaps it was the perspective that really changed it for me.

We all know that Touma isn't picky about who he chooses to save. Him helping Mikoto and the Sisters isn't anything out of the ordinary. Sure we know the experiments are bad and we see how horrible they are. But we never get to truly see Mikoto's perspective of it. Her despair at trying multiple different ideas and all of them failing one after the other.

Knowing all of this information and looking back at Index, I can certainly appreciate the adaptation more, even though I prefer Railgun's overall. And on your other point I have to agree, it probably was the best episode in the entire series.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 6, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2011
5/5, or 10/10 whichever you prefer, amazing episode and that bridge scene!!! That bridge scene was probably the singular best scene in the entirety of Index anime for me, as a testament to that, it was the most memorable/fond scene to me, and I still remember it even though I've only seen Index once almost a decade ago, and from that point on, ToumaxBiribiri became a thing I furiously pursuit. Greatly written, greatly animated. TouMAN is bestbro.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 13, 2017 7:56 PM

Dec 2013
The bridge scene was even more amazing than in Index. Dem Mikasa tears ;_;
Mar 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
Please don't crai mikoto.... T^T
Aug 2, 2017 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
WOW. GOD TIER EPISODE.
And I think best in the series yet, in terms of emotions of course.

The scene in S1 didn't leave an impact but damn, this episode hit right in the feels.
And I actually saw Touma being really cool for once out there.

Can't handle Misaka crying like that. Even I teared up a little bit. My poor cutie :( Just wait Touma resolves everything and all, girl :)
Jan 23, 2018 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Still as cheesy as the original scene in Index. And Touma is still one of the most boring protagonists I've ever seen, so generic -_- I wanted to watch Railgun and not Index, geez...
Feb 8, 2018 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
about the bridge scene, Ways to go to make lady swoon Touma lol
Apr 5, 2018 7:08 AM

Nov 2016
Such a good episode,got me not as emotional as some of my favorite anime,but still pretty strong for the standards of this franchise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2018 10:42 AM

Sep 2017
Kuroko is such a pervert. Love her.

Also the fact that Touma was able to console Misaka. Awesome. Dude has a heart. Also his plan is great. Never thought of that before.

Let's see if Accelerator beats Touma in the fight. Even though the hero's supposed to win, I favor Accelerator on this one. Touma is so overpowered with his hand of nil. And Accelerator is the coolest character ever.

Little different from how it was in Index episode 11. Gonna watch Index 12 now. I think I prefer chronological order.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 3, 2018 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Cloudy said:
AWWW MY GOOOOOOOOOD. This episode was godlike. Like really it was sooooooooooooooo well made. Touma was so cool stopping her like that. Misakas face and tears after the battle. Touma petting her head. So perfect. I'm sure that is the moment she completely fell for him :P

Aside from that the new ending(unless it was a special end just for this ep) was so fitting <3 AND THE PREVIEW. NEXT WEEK IS GONNA BE AMAZING.

I can honestly say that this is JC best work BY FAR. I HAVE NO complaints whatsoever. 10/10

apologies to necro this discussion, but I just finished watching this episode in order to catch up and finish Railgun in time for s3 of Toaru Index...and I gotta say...this scene was thousands of times better than the Index version, by far. Now that doesn't mean I'm not completely looking forward to Index s3, but I do hope for Railgun s3 at some point in time.
Nov 13, 2018 7:24 AM

Aug 2013
Touma and Misaka scene was nice.

Jan 31, 2019 5:22 PM

Dec 2014
cat is strong af

unaffected by that AOE attack
Feb 13, 2019 3:04 AM

Aug 2017
The bridge scene was very sad.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 14, 2019 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow it was so awesome watching it second..it was similar but not so similar...
May 10, 2019 6:51 AM
Jan 2019
Seeing this episode again from another perspective was worth gold, pure gold. It almost makes me cry again. I think it's one of the most moving and admirable moments of the "Toaru" franchise. It reminded me of the respect I have for the character of Touma and Misaka. Both are great.
Aug 16, 2019 5:55 AM

Jan 2016
Kinda sad how this is the peak of the Index franchise we will ever see.

J.C are good at adapting everything that isn't the mainline Index. But yea an absolutely amazing episode!

Sisters Arc from Railgun S is probably one of the best arcs I've seen in Anime. Amazingly put together, soundtrack on point, decent animation and emotional when it has to be. Fantastic
Feb 14, 2020 5:03 AM
Mar 2012
lol Kuroko
the emotional weight was insane, Misaka's despair & self reckoning, Touman's discovery, & bridge confrontation just perfect.
Feb 21, 2020 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
We're sailing bois

Feb 23, 2020 12:50 AM

Sep 2018
The deja vu with Misaka and Touma on the bridge opposite each other is again reality, but this time it takes on a more poignant meaning and a more romantic flavor, in some ways. Great episode, the next one is the decisive one!
Jun 13, 2020 5:08 AM

Aug 2017
One of the best episodes, very emotional and that bridge scene was fantastic. Fantastic soundtrack also. Looking forward for more!
Jun 23, 2020 11:44 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. So that's how Kuroko thinks, huh?.. ;P Interesting.. "Normal people have normal thoughts they just wouldn't admit out loud.. Like kissing backpack of the one they love or stealing their bicycle seat part.." Ok then.. Well, examples may be a bit extreme, but it's still interesting that Kuroko thinks like this.. ;P
Hm, so Misaka had longer talk about sisters with Touma, it seems.. That's a good thing to know..
And also about her plan to die.. We didn't get it in Index, I think.. Even if I felt that this might be the case, what she'd try to do..
And with Tree actually destroyed, her plan indeed makes some sense.. It's at least more than not trying or doing anything at all, right?.. Though.. She also could try to think of solutions together with her friends.. Not just decide to go die by herself.. Maybe together with Uiharu, Saten and Kuroko - maybe they'd be able to think of some other way.. Of maybe how to save at least some of Misakas, for example.. Smuggling them, maybe.. Or kidnapping one, and tinkering with her system, looking what works.. There could be other ways, perhaps.. Yeah, maybe they wouldn't work as well, or who knows.. But Misaka really could talk it out with her friends..
Being Misaka is suffering..
Well, to be honest, though.. Now that we know from Railgun's side.. That it was also city's main rulers behind experiments as well.. Well, as cameras were being turned off and stuff.. It doesn't make really too much sense.. That some doubt among scientists stopped the experiments.. So what that Tree is destroyed?.. Misakas imoutos are still only animals to experimenters, and if there still is slight chance of possibility to reach level 6?.. Come on, city rulers probably know anyway about Touma's powers.. Outcome doesn't actually make much sense, to be honest..
On the other hand, glad we got more of depressive Misaka, how she looked at all situation.. We had almost no of this in Index, really.. Not knowing about her position and feelings at all pretty much.. But we got more here..
Aug 21, 2020 5:16 AM
Mar 2016
God Tier Episode!! Every single Thing about this one was just perfect. It was Intense, Sad, The animation, the voice acting (especially for Mikoto) and The Direction all were done sooo well. Best episode i've seen in a long while in anything really.

10/10! The next ep is gonna be awesome. Kamijou vs Accelerator!!
Oct 31, 2020 7:14 AM

Dec 2016
omg this is the best episode so far! as i always say, misaka x touma scenes are definitely the best! let's see if touma really can fight accelerator.
Nov 30, 2020 8:43 PM

Sep 2018
Easily the best Index/Railgun edition so far for me, I love how intertwined this series is between Index and Railgun, brilliantly directed and animated. A lot more emotional this time around as well.
Jan 8, 2021 10:31 PM
Oct 2019
wow that episode was so beautiful, holy shit man
Jan 15, 2021 1:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This shit is kind of cheesy. But I don’t mind; I’m fact, I’m really loving it. Why? Because with all the goofy shit that kuruko and Saten and the chick with the bouquet of flowers in her hair, this is actually quite refreshing. After all the filler BS from the first season of railgun, I actually WANT my serious, dark and somber tones, some tears and some cheesy lines. I do NOT want shirai san yelling onee sama every ten seconds.

Kind of sad rn tbh. Only 2 more episodes to this arc. I’m led to believe that this sisters arc is like the crowning jewel of the entire index/railgun universe, and is just about the best it has to offer. Everything else that follows, in the main index series, and even the latter part of this season of railgun S and even railgun T, are all going to be subpar or even perhaps insufferable.

That said, I’m glad the world of index was able to at least give us this sisters arc, and I’m going to remember it well.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 13, 2021 11:11 PM

Jan 2021
After seeing this episode, I honestly don't realise why people hate Touma so much, like this guy just wants everybody to live a good happy life and is always ready to help anybody even if it means danger for himself, what's wrong with that??

P.s- That brief conv part between Touma and Misaka was so well done, the first anime scene to make me cry after such long..😭
EXCALIBUR_843Apr 17, 2021 6:56 AM

Apr 9, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
So cheesy but so fantastic to watch.
May 7, 2021 7:19 PM

Jan 2021
omfggggg love this eps so much
Jul 13, 2022 5:28 AM
Oct 2019
My God, This episode hit right in the kokoro ❤‍🩹
Amazing Episode 👏
Apr 11, 2023 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
Watching this almost a decade after this episode aired, I can't help but wish I had experienced it back then as I would have appreciated it even more.

The scene where Touma gently pats her head nearly brought me to tears – a bittersweet moment indeed.

Also I really liked the OST in this episode, hope its out there somewhere.
Jun 13, 2023 9:08 AM

Nov 2010
09:44 People must be sacrificed to make progress, especially in real life. I know I'm one of those sacrifices. In fact, I think everyone alive today is a sacrifice so that people in the 22nd or 23rd century can live in a post-scarcity utopia.
15:00 It looks like Misaka is unaware of a much more powerful entity doing all the calculations & ruling over Academy City. I'm guessing that's why the experiment continued unhindered without the Sky Tree and dozens of labs destroyed.

Nice Touma x Mikoto moments + that ED. However, all that drama could've been avoided if Touma told her immediately that he'll fight Accelerator and mess up the data. That could've saved them some time too. Nonetheless, it was still good drama.
Jul 13, 2023 6:12 AM

Jan 2021
Quite possibly my favorite scene from the index series and its so amazing to watch it again in this series. I mean I know I have already watched it. I know what will happen in this episode. I remember everything so clearly yet still its so emotionally captivating that I had to watch it again. Beautiful episode.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 22, 2023 1:14 PM

Jun 2017
Misaka shattering like that and opening up for the very first time made a grown ass man cry ,bravo JC staff.It was perfect.Misaka bearing through it all ,finding her effort being nullified and coming upto the conclusion of ending herself should have sucked up all her strength,made her all the more humane.Atlast time to beat the psychopath.
Nov 29, 2023 5:05 AM

Nov 2023
Kuroko was op!! overpowered I say
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.