Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2009 12:28 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode!!! wired I see two differnt episode 14's
Love Sebastian!
Bloodshot-ShanksJan 25, 2009 12:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2009 8:53 PM

Dec 2008
CURRY GOOODDDD. Really amused me. Especially after watching Minami-ke and Hosaka Curry Fairy...

Either way, as always, I look forward to the next ep. <3

edit: I fangirlgasmed over the ED
KyoraJan 22, 2009 9:00 PM

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 23, 2009 5:56 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, I love this ep!
And that deer thing was hilarious!
Jan 23, 2009 11:49 AM

Nov 2007
Kyora said:
CURRY GOOODDDD. Really amused me. Especially after watching Minami-ke and Hosaka Curry Fairy...

Ono Daisuke sure likes his curry.

A curry made by Hosaka and Sebastian would be the best curry ever.
Jan 23, 2009 1:52 PM

Aug 2008
It was ok. I really didn't like the stuff with the prince in the beginning, and the whole reason behind the murders was pretty dumb, but I liked ED.
Jan 23, 2009 2:16 PM

Sep 2008
Did anyone else go "WOAH!SHOTA!" at the new part in the OP where Sebastian touches Ciel's naked shoulders with a creepy smile? (when the word "kiss" is sung) XD That part kinda freaked me out... I do love yaoi, but since Ciel is so young it's... kinda disturbing^^'
Jan 23, 2009 10:30 PM

Dec 2008
This whole series makes me go 'WHOA, SHOTA!' :'3
-sigh- So good, though I'd much rather the Prince just went away and didn't come back.
It was all pretty close to the manga with the exception of Angela, but she's not even in the manga soooo~
The new ED is amazing, definitely downloading that once I can find it...
Jan 24, 2009 12:04 AM

Nov 2007
i must apologies to my parents because i went 'WHOA! SHOTA!' and was happy. i just love this ep other then the ugly prince everything was hot as usual. and it's now clear what happened to poor ceil during that month, even thou it was shown a few eps back, i somehow didn't really believe it. i really feel bad for ceil, i like shota, but not rape, especially now that i'm in love with ceil.
Jan 24, 2009 7:17 AM

Jul 2008
Great as usual ^^ Loved Sebastians deer gag, even though I read it in the manga it still put me in hysterics!

Poor Prince when Sebastian goes to 'teach some manners', I wanted to give him a hug xD
Jan 24, 2009 7:52 AM

Apr 2008
Great episode!
Sebastian and Ciel are first class dicks, dude!

New ending is awesome.

The new episode is gonna be interesting...!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2009 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
Woot Curry <3 omg best food ever xD (along with a few others) wow the queens appearance O_O
Jan 25, 2009 4:22 AM
Nov 2008
I don't get why everyone dislikes the prince so much... Is it because I haven't read the manga? I just feel sorry for him ^^

The new ending btw, is AWESOME! :D
Jan 25, 2009 4:43 AM
Jul 2008
Nice Ep SEBASTIAN ROXS!!!
Jan 25, 2009 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
I haven't read the manga pineappleshake, he's just annoying, bitchy, and selfish.
Jan 25, 2009 10:05 PM

Feb 2008
pineappleshake said:
I don't get why everyone dislikes the prince so much... Is it because I haven't read the manga? I just feel sorry for him ^^

The new ending btw, is AWESOME! :D

I like the Prince too- he doesn't seem overly selfish to me. I thought he reacted like any normal person with feelings would. Sebastain and Ciel slightly annoyed me with how they treated him. I can understand where they were coming from, but the way they went about it just seemed uncalled for though. Ciel's seemed selfish to me as I took his actions as "I don't feel sorry for you because I have it worse". Everyone reacts differently and needs a different amount of time to "grow up", and usually the growing up process doesn't happen the same day you lose everything.
Jan 27, 2009 11:11 AM

Jul 2008
I love the Prince D: He's a little whiny but he's a cutie ^^ But then again if someone you'd grown up with all your life suddenly took off you'd be little whiny too xD
Jan 28, 2009 10:20 PM

Jun 2008
i love the prince too. he is somewhat immature, but i wouldn't dislike him for that.

anyway LOL i'm so happy the deer thing went into the anime! "akumade shika desukara" AJHAJSHJAS I DIED i love you Sebastian XDDD

and the new ending is like INSANELY EPIC.
Jan 31, 2009 8:31 PM

Aug 2007
The prince compared to Elizabeth? I'd take the prince any day. That girl needs to disappear.

The ending was definitely something...and the song was nicely matched.

I actually didn't like how they left Lau out of the anime. In the manga, he was the one who broke through the mansion for them, he was also the one who was able to bring in all of those supplies/spices that would usually take other people months or so to obtain, and until I see the next episode, I won't know if they left something else of Lau out. In the end, through the manga, you see how Lau is actually very powerful in the underworld and that's very interesting, especially with his outer personality.

And I forgot that Angela wasn't even mentioned in the manga (yet) nor the demon dog, Pluto.

Feb 3, 2009 8:49 PM

Oct 2007
the deer scene was pretty hilarious. otherwise, i'm looking forward to how the cooking competition goes. sebastian's got some tough competition, i wouldn't be surprised if he lost.

love the new ED. i think it fits a lot better than the old one did.
Feb 6, 2009 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
Nope, dun like the prince one bit since from the beginning, but hey, everyone's got their opinion.

the deer scene, hilarious!!!

aw, they cut short the part on sebastien's journey in making grt curry!! (hmmm curry, must find indian curry..)

ending, luv it!
Feb 6, 2009 9:04 AM

Jun 2008
new ending is awesome <3
Feb 9, 2009 2:14 PM

Mar 2008
firstly, was seriously freaked when I tried to sing along to the op only to find that the lyrics have changed >.< and the sequence with it - though this did not throw me into despair xD I hate not being able to sing along to op/eds and the subs I'm watching don't have the karaoke bits >.< Chrissi-chan does not approve!!!

but as to the actual episode - love! ^w^ how can supposedly half-serious Kuroshitsuji make even an episode about curry awesome?! ^w^ I love this show to pieces - and am loving the prince of persia style soundtrack xD though am intrigued as to what will happen at the competition.. o__O after all, Angela seems to have a wish to kill everyone.. death by curry xDD

and as to the new ending? nothing less than AMAZING!!! 8D can't wait till gendou gets the full version ^w^ it seems to suit the anime much better than I'm Alive tbh, and am in love with the sequence!
Apr 12, 2009 11:14 PM

May 2008
hirahira said:
new ending is awesome <3
yep XD
Apr 15, 2009 9:15 PM

Jan 2008
Just as a few people have already mentioned what Ciel and Sebastian did wasn't that bad it isnt that Ciel had it worse it is different then what the prince is going through. Yes the prince does seem selfish and whiney and stuff like that but hello people get a club he is a prince there isnt very many princes that dont act that way in animes, mangas, movies or real life. But It does piss me off but it is okay worse things have happened in animes that I wish not to remember and this isnt one of them,
Jun 12, 2009 6:40 PM

Apr 2007
Mmm, I was confused when I was trying to singing along to the opening and couldn't only to realized the lyrics changed.(I want the old ones)
I feel bad for the prince, and I actually don't see why people dislike him. And the thing with Sebby lecturing him, so to speak, I thought was random and harsh at the time.

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Jun 18, 2009 5:40 PM

May 2007
Being an indian, I absolutely loved how they integrated hindi music in the bgm.
Jun 19, 2009 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
OMFG NO. THE DEER.
CAN'T. STOP. CAPSLOCK.
(akuma de shika desu? XDLol certainly looked like one.)

EDIT: I'm okay now. Whew.
I don't get why they don't like the prince, he's endearing xD
And a new ending! Nice one, too :)
CenedessJun 19, 2009 7:50 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 29, 2009 1:57 AM

Dec 2008
I'm akuma and a deer after all??

What the hell are you thinking Sebastian! You have no idea how much I cracked up for this! Hahahahahh!
Jul 1, 2009 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
dont really like the ed other one was better
old lyrics to the op was better too
good ep though
Jul 3, 2009 5:23 PM

Aug 2008
I feel sorry for the prince too. Sebastian was too rough with his lecture =(
The deer was funny xD Lol curry competition xD
I loved the new ED, and the Queen is appearing O: That's something major!

Liked this ep =D

Jul 28, 2009 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
The ending... No words

But... I cant wait for see the Queen :s She looks very small...
Aug 8, 2009 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
" I'm just a deer" ROFL

starting to think there are too many guys in this anime and almost no women. i feel like i'm watching a yaoi

the new ending is so cool; it fits Kuroshitsuji way better than the first one

Aug 18, 2009 7:38 PM

Aug 2007
lmao @ the deer scene. So random and I LOVE IT.
Man, they cut out some good parts with Sebastian testing out the curry with Soma, but oh well...
Aug 23, 2009 6:24 PM
Jul 2009
Love all the cultural/historical references in this anime, such as the glass building.
Sep 13, 2009 8:52 AM

Jul 2009
Whoohaaa! Alaist Chamber in jury again. Gonna love next episode.
The deer scene — awesome. =)
If I could fly...
Sep 20, 2009 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
The only part of this episode I liked was the deer part. So funny.
Oct 6, 2009 2:01 PM

Aug 2009
curry? wtf

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 28, 2009 5:13 AM

May 2009
noteDhero said:
It was ok. I really didn't like the stuff with the prince in the beginning, and the whole reason behind the murders was pretty dumb, but I liked ED.
agree the part with the prince is boring
Dec 14, 2009 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
Why do i think that queen is very young. ? ; dd
Dec 20, 2009 11:27 AM

Apr 2009
Awesome episode. Loved it. And the words for the opening changed? I didn't notice, lol. Maybe that's because I've listened to the full version of the song for so long. Love the new ending.

Laughed so hard on the deer scene. I swear Sebastian has the BEST ideas ever! and Agni must really be something since the prince didn't look to surprised that Sebastian was hanging upside down outside the window. lol

Even though it's a competition for who makes the best curry, I really want to watch the next episode. Looks interesting. I guess that's Kuroshitsuji for you :)
Jan 23, 2010 11:06 AM

Aug 2009
Ooohh curry. I wonder who will win the contest. Also, what the heck did Angelina give to that other contestant? Was it like a secret ingredient that will make him win? Oh, and I didn't expect Meena to be that stingy. She really must have hated India.

Also, in the ending, I wonder who is the Majesty. She seems to be pretty small, so I would guess that she's young, but she already had a husband, aah I'm confused. Looks can be deceiving afterall.

Plus, what the fuck? Agni used some supernatural powers back there. Well not really but how can an ordinary human be that powerful!? Also, deer Sebastian was pure win, rofl.
Mar 25, 2010 3:58 AM

Aug 2009
-Chrissi-chan- said:
firstly, was seriously freaked when I tried to sing along to the op only to find that the lyrics have changed >.< and the sequence with it - though this did not throw me into despair xD I hate not being able to sing along to op/eds and the subs I'm watching don't have the karaoke bits >.< Chrissi-chan does not approve!!!

lmao! Chrissi-chaaaan I srsly couldn't agree more with you!! I totally LOVE the opening song, I'm extremely happy they didn't replace the song with a new one, but that they only replaced the lyrics' verse. But I was like waiting to sing: deai ni iro wa nakute... and was like wtf?! why is he saying different stuff?! ahaha xDDD

Anywayz, I'm SOOO glad they changed that ED song! Sorry to say.. but everytime an episode ended and I was hearing that tune It was spoilling the whole atmosphere for me!! This one isn't only soo fitting but it's also FREAKIN AWESOME!!! Love it to bits! <3

I don't like that so many new stuff is happening, people appearing and all in such a short anime.. but oh well... I REALLY REALLY wish though that they will show more of Ciel's past and cut some of the comedy excesives that are not needed imo. It's really a 10/10 anime for me up till now, but only thanks to the dark undertones!
JusticeUndoneMar 25, 2010 4:03 AM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 3, 2010 10:19 PM

Jan 2010
loved the ending!!!! laughed so hard at the deer thing Sebastien was like " I'm a deer,"
guy: " HE MUST BE A SPY!"
Sebastien: " No, just a deer," xDDD

omg cant wait to see the queen!
Jun 22, 2010 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
Nice new ED but I think the cute chibi one was the best!

As fir the shadowed woman being Queen Victoria.... That's a load of BS that woman is huuuuuuge and tall. The shadow was small and petite.
Jul 1, 2010 7:36 PM

May 2009
There were some changes to the OP song and visuals, and the new ending is really nice; I love Kalafina.

Other than that, this episode was okay. Enjoyable... But seriously, a curry competition?
Jul 4, 2010 5:23 AM
Mar 2010
Deer, Haha
Aug 8, 2010 4:46 PM

Sep 2008
I felt kind of bad for the prince. I think Sebastian's lecture was a bit too harsh.
The new ending is awesome.
...This episode made me crave curry. :/
Sep 9, 2010 7:18 PM

Jun 2009
Love the ending.
Sep 11, 2010 8:34 AM

May 2010
"I'm just one hell of a deer." ROFL

That was hilarious..

The OP's lyrics changed but I liked the 1st one better..

The ED was good to but still I like the previous..
Sep 27, 2010 1:14 PM

Feb 2010
I'm not familiar with the manga... and I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm not a big fan of the "Prince" and his arc either.

But Sebby makin' curry ftw! :) And the deer head the sooo deliciously random.

As for the new ED, I say, "THANK GOD." The last one didn't fit and it sounded like Paramore.

We'll see how the curry (yumm) contest goes!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

noteDhero - Feb 2, 2009

77 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Takai - Jan 17, 2009

81 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

noteDhero - Feb 16, 2009

91 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Yesterday, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

noteDhero - Feb 7, 2009

200 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

106 by Pokexneon »»
Apr 17, 7:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.