Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
Since I can hardly be called even a casual gamer, most of this shows appeal probably flew right over my head. All I saw was a standard moe magical girl show, which is really not my thing. I might consider picking it back up if HanaKana's character does make an appearance, only because she's my favourite VA, but for now dropped.
Jul 12, 2013 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
War ends in episode one... I guess since bishoujos won't fight each others, they fight cute monsters.

At least they defeated more than just slimes this episode... I was getting a bit worried
(If only slimes were defeated, when will we get to boss)

Jul 12, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2008
Have to wait till tomorrow or day after to watch it bc i have to wait for the subs
Jul 12, 2013 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
LOL'D so hard when Compa stabbed the Puni with her syringe.

Man, glad to see so many things brought over from the games. Lulz @ Rei's drawing. Remembered that as well.

Needa make some gifs now.
Jul 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2011

NEP NEP HNNNNGHHHH

eminagnam said:
Too childish for me. Dropped

Blasphemy.
Jul 12, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2012
Amazing! They took all the stuff I loved about the games and ran with it!

Seeing the Dogoo scene from Mk2 animated was great xD That Iffy face ._.

And, OMG was that a younger

LOL at the pictures Uni took of Gear

Poor Uni though T_T It always pains me to see her relationship with her sister...
Jul 12, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2008
NihonFalcom said:

NEP NEP HNNNNGHHHH

Sadly, a bit lacking the the transformation scene.

Compared to Noires.

Jul 12, 2013 7:42 PM

Oct 2010
im a big fan of neptunia, played all their games
39 votes for masterpiece? lol common people wake up

and this has same art with DAL? DAL is kind of accurate on tsunako's art unlike this, they put less effort on this one. this is just the beginning so mostly it has a pretty good artwork and animation but im sure soon the quality will get worse.

- not tsunako's art
- no rpg content

what's left are CVs and nao songs

3/5
Jul 12, 2013 7:45 PM

May 2012
lucy_kawaii said:
im a big fan of neptunia, played all their games
39 votes for masterpiece? lol common people wake up

and this has same art with DAL? DAL is kind of accurate on tsunako's art unlike this, they put less effort on this one. this is just the beginning so mostly it has a pretty good artwork and animation but im sure soon the quality will get worse.

- not tsunako's art
- no rpg content

what's left are CVs and nao songs

3/5

Tsunako art is arguable

But you're being silly if you are trying to say it had "no rpg content" when there were multiple fight scenes in it.
Jul 12, 2013 7:58 PM

Oct 2011
seems like Victory's plot but without Plutia :( I gave it 4/5 so far~
Jul 12, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
eminagnam said:

What.
Jul 12, 2013 8:33 PM

Jan 2012
show so far gave me an orgasm. 12/10 :D
Jul 12, 2013 8:41 PM
Oct 2012
The anime is just like the conversation portions of the games. And that's awesome. It's been pretty funny so far and with all the references to the games, I'm so glad I was able to play all of them in the time since the anime was announced.

We got straight to the fanservice huh? Classic Hyperdimension Neptunia. You can't start the games (or the anime apparently) without it. Poor Nepgear... :P
Jul 12, 2013 8:45 PM

Oct 2010
Loved the first episode. The fight scenes and transformation sequences were awesome. Am I the only one who felt bad for Uni this ep. Geez Noire should at least praise her even if its just a little bit. Lol when Blanc lost her temper, I thought "That's Sasami-san for you." I liked how they can access the guild through the computer instead of going to the guild itself. Wish you could do that in-game. Hopefully we get a Plutia cameo sooner or later since Rei and Mages had one.

If I'm not mistaken, are we going to see
next ep since its titled "The Terrorist (Lickorrist) of Lowee". If so, then god save those lolis.

Ep. 2 Preview Images
http://nep-anime.tv/story.html
Guess we're having some loli action next week and
Now I really hope Plutia appears in the anime with all the Victory character cameos.
YoxalLoyalJul 12, 2013 10:22 PM
Jul 12, 2013 8:46 PM
Oct 2012
YoxalLoyal said:
Loved the first episode. The fight scenes and transformation sequences were awesome. Am I the only one who felt bad for Uni this ep. Geez Noire should at least praise her even if its just a little bit. Lol when Blanc lost her temper, I thought "That's Sasami-san for you." I liked how they can access the guild through the computer instead of going to the guild itself. Wish you could do that in-game. Hopefully we get a Plutia cameo sooner or later since Rei and Mages had one.

If I'm not mistaken, are we going to see
next ep since its titled "The Terrorist (Lickorrist) of Lowee". If so, then god save those lolis.
... Oh boy...
Are we actually going to see that removed scene where Rom and Ram get licked by Trick?
Jul 12, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2008
Now that I think about it, the show really does have the Neptunia vibe. That being everything being recycled. I wouldn't be surprise to see other events happen in future episodes that are just a mash up of what happen in the 3 games, heck, even maybe the idol one too.
Jul 12, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
I thought the anime will only be covering the first game title, but to my surprise, they're covering even up to the 3rd title.
CountoloveruJul 12, 2013 9:06 PM
Jul 12, 2013 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
Haven't played any of the games. Or heard much about this series.

The character designs are super cute.
But I don't really like this much.
3.75/5
Jul 12, 2013 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty interesting series, still mixed feelings so cant tell if I like it or not, altho the transforming scenes kinda reminded me of Vividred Operation.
Jul 12, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 2011
Countrouble said:

Doubt we'll see Plutia.

Here's some Plutia love tho:

<3
Jul 12, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
NihonFalcom said:
Doubt we'll see Plutia.

No Plutia would be a big let down for me :<
Nonetheless, I'm loving the anime adaptation.
Jul 12, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2010
eminagnam said:

this. also the high pitch voices annoy me lately..i mean noone speaks like that..and if they all sound the same.
Jul 12, 2013 10:00 PM

Feb 2008
Kerozinn said:
eminagnam said:

this. also the high pitch voices annoy me lately..i mean noone speaks like that..and if they all sound the same.

You're just not manly enough for the moe power.
Jul 12, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2010
As a fan of the games (the latter 2 PS3 entries at least), this was more than pleasing.
The game's light-hearted feel and humor are definitely present (loved the sign that you can't read from the back joke).

If I had never played the games I probably would despise this, tbh.
Jul 12, 2013 10:13 PM
May 2013
Funimation sub sucks....good first ep btw...
Jul 12, 2013 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
aznkirby890 said:
If I had never played the games I probably would despise this, tbh.

I agree. If I watched this without playing any of the game titles, I would have dropped this anime. Just by reading the comments, I can tell that the people who liked this anime adaptation are ones whom had experience with any of the game titles.
Jul 12, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2011
I've heard of this franchise but never played it beforehand. From what I've read and seen here, it sounds like the games are pretty light-hearted and fun. And Noire grew onto to me so quickly. I think I know what I'll be playing next
Jul 12, 2013 10:18 PM

Sep 2012
Personally I've never played the game before, but the anime looks pretty promising. Tbh, Purple Heart transformed is a lot better than her normal form (idk, I just find her normal form annoying).
Jul 12, 2013 10:19 PM

Jun 2012
My most awaited anime of the season has finally arrived!

God this was great. The OP to the first game playing during the dogoo fight was a very nice touch.

What's Rei doing here? Was she just there for a one time showing, or will there be more of her?

So is the title to next episode hinting at CFW Trick? Also, more Nintendo next episode!
H-hopefully..
KitKatKazJul 12, 2013 10:23 PM
Jul 12, 2013 10:25 PM

Aug 2010
KazukiJurai said:
My most awaited anime of the season has finally arrived!

God this was great. The OP to the first game playing during the dogoo fight was a very nice touch.
So is the title to next episode hinting at CFW Trick? Also, more Nintendo next episode!
H-hopefully..

Agree with all of these.

And I SOOO hope we get to see Lick the hard next ep :D
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 12, 2013 10:36 PM

Dec 2009
Compa is the best girl...aftre Noire but still.

Great episode, I really do hope Plutia appears since Rei is already here.

I do prefer twintails Black Heart though.
Jul 12, 2013 10:41 PM
Oct 2012
Pururut better appear if even Abnes is going to next episode!

Looks like we'll see more of Blanc and Vert next time. I like the Lowee sisters. But that might just be because I'm a Nintendo fan. :P
Jul 12, 2013 10:42 PM

Jul 2013
I really liked the first episode, can't wait for the next episodes! Also LOVED the OP song and liked the ED song too. Voice acting was ok and overall really liked it. The art style is great too! Any fans of Blanc like me here too?
Jul 12, 2013 10:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kerozinn said:
eminagnam said:

Haha yeah them voices are giving me headaches :/ I don't hate cute voices, but there's too much of it in this anime. Still, I like the character designs, the transformation scenes are pretty cool. I didn't realize this was mahou shoujo Tanaka Rie is amazing with her voice range. The monsters were also really cute (and perverted? o_o)
Jul 12, 2013 10:57 PM

Jan 2010
Fullsome said:
Any fans of Blanc like me here too?

You called, comrade? I can't wait to see more of her next episode. Hopefully in her HDD glory. I absolutely love the contrast in personallity between her forms. Also she doesn't have thunder tits sticking out like most other CPUs in their HDD :)

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Jul 12, 2013 10:57 PM

Feb 2010
I was looking forward to seeing this, despite only having played a game demo. I must say, I am not disappointed. It was a solid, fun first episode and I look forward to the next one. I gave the first episode a 7, but have it on the verge of an 8.
Jul 12, 2013 10:59 PM
Oct 2012
Raiden_ said:
Fullsome said:
Any fans of Blanc like me here too?

You called, comrade? I can't wait to see more of her next episode. Hopefully in her HDD glory. I absolutely love the contrast in personallity between her forms. Also she doesn't have thunder tits sticking out like most other CPUs in their HDD :)
She's kid-friendly... like Nintendo... Except she has the worst potty mouth out of everyone else. Don't know if that's representing Nintendo or not. :P
Jul 12, 2013 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
As a fan of NepNep (Game Gear) I was super pleased with this episode, it's very rarely an adaption from a game to an anime to be this good, and yeah, NIS (and GUST, Idea Factory and all others) made the anime for the game fans mostly, I would find it difficult to follow if I haven't played it, and also would miss most jokes (even though I only played Mk2).

We should be glad HorribleSubs subbed this so fast while all other fansubs ignored this completely.
Jul 12, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
Moe and Oppai FTW!

Nepgear and Uni will be my favorite here...

Neptune is so cool transforming only when the situation is difficult...LOL

i'm gonna love this anime

xD
Jul 13, 2013 12:02 AM

May 2013
Fan service in Ep 1 its great but why do they have to kill those blue pervert innocent creatures? hmmm
Jul 13, 2013 12:19 AM

Aug 2010
xin09 said:
Fan service in Ep 1 its great but why do they have to kill those blue pervert innocent creatures? hmmm

Never question the almighty questgiver!

Besides, they ARE monsters, who like to slobber all over disturbingly sexualized young girls =)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 13, 2013 12:55 AM

Jan 2011
Mauno said:
Disliked it. This is definitely targeted mainly to the audience who have played the games. I was excited over the whole concept, but the references to consoles are subtle and they kinda just skipped all the introductions. With a fatherly voiced narrative they could've done better.
Pretty much this,remember ages ago watching an stream of someone playing this and it just looked liked some random ass JRPG just knew one of the girl had a D-pad for a hair pin lol

really seems like this was meant for the fans.

Also most perverted level 1 jellies i have ever seen
Jul 13, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2013
It's funny to have this show while in midst of the latest console war. I don't much about the game, are they working on one rightnow? Is tehre fanwork to read or watch? I would be pretty interesting to see the Xbox One vs PS4 conflict with this Setting.
Jul 13, 2013 1:36 AM

Sep 2008
I always used to troll my friend, calling this "Faptunia". Being new and oblivious to the games and the franchise, it's a little surprising to know I wasn't far off.

Love the references and the RPG-esque fantasy world. The weapons and CGI visuals look great as well. At the end of the day, it's not my cup of tea and I'll leave it to the likes of EROnin to feed me stuff about this series. :P
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jul 13, 2013 1:43 AM

Apr 2013
I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but loving the anime so far, even if I'm a bit lost on the plot.
Also I'm already in love with Noire!
Jul 13, 2013 1:46 AM

Feb 2012
X10A_Freedom said:
I always used to troll my friend, calling this "Faptunia". Being new and oblivious to the games and the franchise, it's a little surprising to know I wasn't far off.

Love the references and the RPG-esque fantasy world. The weapons and CGI visuals look great as well. At the end of the day, it's not my cup of tea and I'll leave it to the likes of EROnin to feed me stuff about this series. :P

O-OH THAT'S VERY CLEE-EVER! ERONIN SOUNDS LIEK A KOL GUY!

WHAT DOES FAPTUNIA MEAN? :O
Jul 13, 2013 1:53 AM
Jan 2012
Despite having not played the games, I surprisingly enjoyed this episode. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.

I'll probably buy Neptunia and Mk2. Been meaning to pick it up eventually. I heard .. interesting things about the games.
Jul 13, 2013 1:56 AM

Feb 2011
They were using Skype , lul xD
Jul 13, 2013 2:02 AM

Sep 2009
Wow. This series seems to be so cool ^^
I like it already... Neptune is so COOL!!
Jul 13, 2013 2:17 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
It was only the first episode and I'm already in love with it. Sweet mother of moe, I want more!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2013

98 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 15, 2023 1:34 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Jul 26, 2013

111 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2013

138 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

100 by LavaLach »»
Jan 18, 2023 4:48 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

76 by TRAhmet23 »»
Aug 29, 2022 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.