Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
May 27, 2014 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
Naegi should be worried, it's explained that if they accuse someone innocent, all the innocent one will be punished. So he's going to be executed and that's not very nice, huh. I was hoping those two girls to last more.
Jun 14, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
Who else played this game on psp?
Well, I really know the story from the start of the show, but I just want to check-up this anime version.
I like the animation and songs upgrade in opening and ending credits haha. And I also like the ost. The ost itself came from the game.
The anime itself really look like I'm just playing the game again. xD
And I noticed that Sakura said Junko that she looks different in real life. But in the game, it was Naegi who told that to her in the introduction.
Junko and Maizono are dead.
By the way...
Jul 12, 2014 1:48 AM

Aug 2013
Two down already? That was fast.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 2, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2010
I have a feeling Togami won't last. And I really like him.

Also what if Maizono killed herself? And what if Junko was the murderer. Doesn't it mean that everyone would be screwed over?

Hmmm. Feels slightly rushed.
Aug 26, 2014 12:38 AM

Feb 2013
Wow. Two people dead already. Two beautiful girls to be specific. That was quick. I wonder who did it. My guess it was the guy with the glass ball. That's just a guess. The pink blood kinda makes it less serious but italso does give it a style. Can't believe she was just impaled by spears like that. I expected her to last longer. Don't really like the OP. Might grow onto me but I do like the ED. I wonder why those two girls were I. The ED along with the main character. I think it just shows a classroom full of dead people.
Apr 26, 2015 7:58 PM

Nov 2014
OMG I DID NOT EXPECT MAIZONO TO DIE SO EARLY ON. That shocked me...

And on top of that, I was so shocked & sad about Junko...she was my favorite (character design) :( Damn..

I wonder who killed Maizono though, this is so interesting I'm loving it.
May 11, 2015 11:50 AM
Mar 2013
Woow.. I dindn't think that Maizono would die immediately. I thought the anime would be focussed on Maizano and the main character (whose name I can't remember lol).

I'm really curious who killed Maizono. Idk
Aug 1, 2015 5:47 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Wow, two dead already, i never played the game before and didn't know the blood was purple.
Sep 26, 2015 10:33 AM

Mar 2015
Wow is that supposed to be blood? That is the most ridiculously looking blood I've ever seen. It looks like Splatoon!

I don't believe Sayaka is really dead. She's been quite important and kind of crazy before her dead.

Also what the fuck... that blonde girl died with no reason.

Oct 17, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
the work of Bermuda triangle xd

Oct 22, 2015 7:09 AM

Dec 2008
I like how most of the kids are archetype anime characters. And the boy was quite lucky to have a bathroom door that can be opened only a certain way, since only the girls bathrooms can lock, the boys bathroom can technically be a safe room in case of violence. HEHEHEHE BUT NO!!! NO such luck for the chick he knew. I would be going about investigations fro mdifferent angles. I would ask when everyones birthdate was, just to rule out any cryogenic freezing of thise kids, because they all seem like they are from different time periods. The resources are apparently handy to the bear and his company. Though the blood does like fake as hell . ON WARD!
Jan 10, 2016 12:56 AM

Sep 2015
Pink blood? yo wtf?? It takes away all the horror effect. Bad choice imo...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2016 4:31 AM
Aug 2013
That Shinji scream though.

Kirigiri best girl.
Feb 21, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
I watched this just because I heard about the pink blood lol. Looked kinda cool I thought.

Well it was pretty obvious it said Leon on the wall, idiot boy >>

Well 2 are already dead and the blonde girl was the only one I'd seen before besides the bear so that sucked because I liked her and I like the other one who died too.
Mar 9, 2016 9:48 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. This is very interesting. I'm not liking the pink blood though.
Mar 30, 2016 11:47 PM

May 2015
The pink blood kind of breaks the sense of immersion for me.
Apr 25, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not really feeling the purple blood but at least we've got two deaths on the second episode! :D

I feel sorry for their friends and families who were killed though, they didn't deserve to die. :( Then again, I feel sorry for them. It's not as if they went there fully aware of what was about to happen to them.
BibimbapskiApr 25, 2016 9:22 PM
臭い-
May 23, 2016 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
Well, I guess if you're tight on time it makes sense to gloss over the investigation portion since it'll all be addressed in the trial anyway. Still, it's a bit disappointing. This didn't feel as painful to watch as the first episode did, looking forward to seeing the class trial.
Jun 23, 2016 7:21 PM

Aug 2014
I don't like it that wo sexy girls dies first wtf? only one sexy swimmer is left now...

Pink blood lol
I am not sure how to rae this anime yet ;/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 28, 2016 4:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
13 left.... I think the assessin is very easy, 11037, is the same to LEON :]
Dec 17, 2016 12:32 AM

May 2013
HOLY CRAP, I wasn't expecting this anime to be so dark!!!!!!!!! O_____O

It's like Saw. I just finished watching Tokyo Ghoul and thought I'd change the pace a little bit by switching to a cute anime, but I've just entered another kind of Hell lolol.

This shit is intense.

I need to read the anime synopses from now on instead of just assuming from the character designs x'D
Jun 5, 2017 3:52 AM

Sep 2016
Pink blood xD
Drop!
Sep 18, 2017 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
Oh. Maizono coming to Makoto's room.
Junko looks different than she does in the magazine? I've noticed that as well. Smaller oppai. Freckles on face.
Maizono is dead?
Dat scream.
Unlimited Spear Works.
Junko is dead. lol at Touko fainting.
LAWD! Dem Kyouko thighs.
They think Makoto did it.
Don't tease. Show Kyouko's pantsu.
Let the Gakkyu Saiban begin.

Love the OP and ED.
RobSep 19, 2017 8:35 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 21, 2017 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
A little rushed, but that was expected. Would be impossible to fit the game in only 13 episodes. So far I'm really liking the anime.
Oct 8, 2017 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
That pink blood is the only thing that annoys me.
Dec 16, 2017 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
so, they spend time for Sayaka/Naegi relationship and then she just die? :D

Sometimes it feels a bit ruhed/jumpy or illogical (Naegi could have been blamed much earlier, in my opinion).

Fantastic for Neagi, they all suspect him and then die. Problem solved :D. Or not???
May 21, 2018 6:22 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
RIP Sayaka, also RIP this adaptation, they really needed more than 13 episodes to make it work.
Still seeing it animated should provide me some slight enjoyment.
Mar 15, 2019 8:12 PM

Feb 2019
The characters seem a bit too childish to be taken seriously
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 13, 2019 12:31 PM

Oct 2017
Damn,Maizono and Enoshima are dead.
Why color blood is pink? XD It's kinda killing climat this series.
I think that Maizono kill herself.

This episode is for sure better than previously
Jul 25, 2019 5:31 AM

May 2016
Two girls dead and both were great looking.... the haninn gotta be a guy.
Apr 22, 2020 6:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay the game looks really interesting, already two death, the only thing I don't get is why the blood is pink lmao
Apr 22, 2020 7:02 PM

Mar 2019
That was an interesting episode, the rules made it very promising
2 grils died already
Jun 17, 2020 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
That scream the MC emitted when he saw the corpse was amazing. Kudos to the VA!

And the pink blood is certainly interesting. It seems there isn’t an official statement about it, with many dubbing it a stylistic choice. While the genre of this anime seems to be horror (to an extent), I keep on reading that horror and body/shock isn’t the intention of the people involved with the franchise. In a sense, they’re trying to maintain a balance of drama, mystery, horror, and even some comedy. And I kind of believe it. I also read that brighter colors are used to animate this show to contrast the dark tone. Ultimately, I feel it effetely instills a lighter tone to the show. Which is kinda cool. It’s clearly not their intention to disturb the viewer. There are animes for that and I guess this isn’t one of them.

Also, funny observation but the Episode 2 forum has 200+ more posts than the Episode 1 forum. It's obvious because there were two deaths, whereas the first episode was only exposition. But it's interesting to see where peoples' minds are nonetheless. Because usually the Episode 1 forum of a MAL entry will contain the most posts.
Jun 17, 2020 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
And why should it matter that everyone thinks the MC was the murderer? During the Class Trial, everyone would be punished for their incorrect guess, right? So it's not like you need to worry about being voted guilty during the trial if you aren't guilty -- you aren't going to be "punished". Right?
Nov 5, 2020 6:13 AM

Jul 2020
Ok, I watched 2 episodes of this. Actually this is pretty amazing start. I love it. 5/5 for episodes and 8/10 for anime. Nice.
Nov 19, 2020 5:00 AM
Jul 2020
First of all, in my previous message in episode 1, I CALLED IT. I knew the blue-haired girl was gonna die!
Also, this is probably wrong, but I think the glasses guy did it. Idk why but I just think he did.
Jan 21, 2021 12:07 PM

Aug 2018
Eh, not even torture as a punishment, but just death?.. Eh, this bear has no idea about despair art, it seems.. Or about tortures?.. Just what is death really if comparing to some worse things?.. He's strange, really..
I guess, it'd be pretty exciting for bear to just kill by himself, and just have this spectacle as everyone accuse someone every time.. Bear says: yeah, you got right - it was the killer.. And then executes this person, before that revealing to him that all previous executions were on your conscience and stuff like that.. I guess, game is something like this?.. Well, or maybe one of already dead is the killer, and faked their death - but it wouldn't be really central thing - just additional thing, really.. It doesn't matter, if one of members is bear or not, really, I'd say.. Well, at least for me - it's whatever..
Well, with the exceptions, when truly someone kills someone, of course..
Maybe I'm wrong, but I really would just expect something like that, really..
Mar 15, 2021 1:15 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn, right off the bad we lose two waifus. That sucks

So it basically is battle royale combined with mafia. It’s battle royale because only one person gets to leave, since it’s either the murderer dies or they all die. But then what happens if there’s only 2 left.... duel to the death? And mafia because well duh they’re going to have to discuss who the murderer is. Time to play some among us, but if you get it wrong, you all die and the imposter wins automatically.

I hope this story will wrap up in one season, don’t really want to watch more of this, only want to watch one. Haven’t played the games so I don’t fully know how it works, but I’m hoping to just watch this one season and be done with it.

Edit: forgot to put in my guess for who the murderer is. I really have no idea. Maybe the dude who came in late to the cafeteria. But really it could be anyone, don’t know if there’s clues I’m supposed to pick up on but I didn’t catch any

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 9, 2021 11:47 AM

Jan 2021
2 characters biting the dust already!! But I didn't see Maizuno's death coming so soon, I thought for sure she was going to be one to survive till the end with our MC

Oct 3, 2022 7:24 PM
May 2020
Why is the blood pink? Is it really blood?
More importantly, based on this trial system, only one person can possibly graduate from this "school". Why would anyone waste this much human talent in a death game?!? I could only believe this if the 15 students were unknowingly in a simulation videogame and were not actually dying.
Dec 15, 2022 2:34 AM

Jan 2021
Oh lucky me, that idol girl had died in the second episode. I kinda hope the culprit is the boy who punched Naegi, though.

I don't know who killed her but yeah definitely not Naegi, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the purple haired girl either because she was the one who realized that the nameplate between Naegi's room and the idol girl's was switched up.

And... no. Junko is dead? By Monokuma? She died even before trying to kill anyone?

Jan 14, 2023 2:12 PM
Nov 2022
It was fine... not perfect and not bad. It was something in-between.
Sep 8, 2023 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
So two died already this episode, I guess the idol was not surprising, the whole switching rooms thing was pretty suspicious. Junko though? Will they revive her or is she the mastermind or something?
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.