Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2013 4:24 PM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Jovy said:
Did anyone notice this from the opening sequence and one scene in the episode?

Might be a stretch, but I wonder if they'll do this every episode?

I was wondering this too, the ending is gonna change for every ep's body count so i hope the elevator in the op does that too

I was thinking they would keep the opening as is, and just show a similar elevator scene in each episode when they go for a trial but with less and less people. But either way would be interesting :P.
Jul 11, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2012
Jovy said:

Oh wow, that's a neat touch! I saw the elevator scene in the opening and thought 'hmm...,' thinking it was a spoiler but I didn't actually go back and look. I don't think it really needs to be changed between episodes but it would be cool if they did.
Jul 11, 2013 4:29 PM
Feb 2012
leeo268 said:
Lol, That investigation last like 2 minutes?
It will be impossible for TV audiences who didn't play the game to remember and make use of all those evidence. Not mentioning some missing evidences and vital information as well.
Maizono is so undeveloped due to the rush that I doubt anyone could careless that she died. I like her a lot more in game as you can hang out with her for a hour or two to explore the academy and chat with other characters.

That's all I can point out now as anymore will be spoilers.
3/5

Overall, it obvious now they will cram everything into 13 episodes, which mean more than half the game content will be cut or rushed.
While I wish this should have been a 24 episodes series, I can only hope they do a decent job cutting and pasting the game content from now on.

Oh look, it's the guy who seemed to think that the 30 minute prologue was 3-4 hours long. And what a shocker, he has no idea what he is talking about again.

1) You get to hang out with Maizono for an hour or two? What? Maybe half an hour at most with her scenes and her freetime events, but not really. And she's hardly 'developed' in those, anyway. She is and always was a decoy heroine. Her development is tied to her death.

2) They could have cut the evidence out completely and it wouldn't really matter. All of the evidence and what it means is all explained in the trial anyway. It's actually better to do this as an anime, because the viewer doesn't have to know all this information going into the trial anyway, because they're not trying to solve the case themselves. That and it's usually fairly easy to figure out who the killer is based on the investigations, with a few exceptions. So it makes things a lot more suspenseful.

3) As I have stated numerous times, 24 episodes is far to much for this game. If you've actually played it (It's very clear that you haven't since you seem to think any case in the game is over 4 hours long) you would realize that the game is like 15 hours long. 13 episodes is the perfect amount of time if they're going to be leaving out most of the investigation bits and the freetime events.

Do everyone else a favor and stop acting like you know what you are talking about when you so clearly don't.
Jul 11, 2013 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
Upupupu

The second episode has been released. I suppose I will have to wait until I can find a subtitled version like most of you guys will likely have to as well.

Can't wait. Having finished the game, I'm ready to see how this plays out.

Jul 11, 2013 5:49 PM

Jun 2012
HiddenDoorway said:
leeo268 said:
It will be impossible for TV audiences who didn't play the game to remember and make use of all those evidence. Not mentioning some missing evidences and vital information as well.
Maizono is so undeveloped due to the rush that I doubt anyone could careless that she died. I like her a lot more in game as you can hang out with her for a hour or two to explore the academy and chat with other characters.

3/5

Overall, it obvious now they will cram everything into 13 episodes, which mean more than half the game content will be cut or rushed.
While I wish this should have been a 24 episodes series, I can only hope they do a decent job cutting and pasting the game content from now on.

Oh look, it's the guy who seemed to think that the 30 minute prologue was 3-4 hours long. And what a shocker, he has no idea what he is talking about again.

1) You get to hang out with Maizono for an hour or two? What? Maybe half an hour at most with her scenes and her freetime events, but not really. And she's hardly 'developed' in those, anyway. She is and always was a decoy heroine. Her development is tied to her death.

2) They could have cut the evidence out completely and it wouldn't really matter. All of the evidence and what it means is all explained in the trial anyway. It's actually better to do this as an anime, because the viewer doesn't have to know all this information going into the trial anyway, because they're not trying to solve the case themselves. That and it's usually fairly easy to figure out who the killer is based on the investigations, with a few exceptions. So it makes things a lot more suspenseful.

3) As I have stated numerous times, 24 episodes is far to much for this game. If you've actually played it (It's very clear that you haven't since you seem to think any case in the game is over 4 hours long) you would realize that the game is like 15 hours long. 13 episodes is the perfect amount of time if they're going to be leaving out most of the investigation bits and the freetime events.

Do everyone else a favor and stop acting like you know what you are talking about when you so clearly don't.

Maybe his sense of time was warped from reading the LP?
I mean, the first three chapters of it took me a full 5-6 hours personally.

No need to make such a big deal out of things though.
Jul 11, 2013 6:13 PM

May 2012
I just realised they cut out the thing about the water being shut off at night, and the lint roller that was also found in Naegi's room. Would it make enough of a difference in solving the trial?
Jul 11, 2013 6:21 PM

Dec 2012
RarityRoyale said:
I just realised they cut out the thing about the water being shut off at night, and the lint roller that was also found in Naegi's room. Would it make enough of a difference in solving the trial?

They did mention the water was shut off at night! It was at the very beginning of the episode before Naeki decided to take a shower.
JovyJul 11, 2013 6:27 PM
Jul 11, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
YorozuyaGinSan said:

The only part that's really time consuming is the Trials, anything other than that is dependent on whether you fool around too much or not.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 11, 2013 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
kaimax said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

The only part that's really time consuming is the Trials, anything other than that is dependent on whether you fool around too much or not.
It was time consuming for me because I was hunting for coins... Maybe that's the reason.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 11, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2012
Jovy said:
RarityRoyale said:

They did mention the water was shut off at night! It was at the very beginning of the episode before Naeki decided to take a shower.
Oh oops, must have missed it because I was watching it raw.
Jul 11, 2013 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
HiddenDoorway said:
leeo268 said:

3/5

Pretty much exactly this. im not even sure why people think the beginning of the game was so long because it really wasnt. honestly this is flowing exactly as i thought it would and its doing a very good job. free time events, like it or not, are completely throw away because they dont do much for the story. ive only seen the raw so far (like everyone else) and it looks like they gave pretty much all the most important evidence and anything that Naegi didnt point out, Kirigiri will during the trail so the investigation time seemed good as well. so everyone chill out with "this is gonna be rushed as hell" because its PRETTY good pacing as of right now. Im hoping though that the trail will last the entire next episode and watch even if it does, people are gonna complain >_>
Jul 11, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Jovy said:

I was wondering this too, the ending is gonna change for every ep's body count so i hope the elevator in the op does that too

Not to make it sound like an insult using this example but a few major anime staff of the anime did do Devil Survivor 2 as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they took off characters that died from the OP/ED.

Oh, and no Junko in that pic. Oh fuck.

Haven't actually watched the episode yet to be honest, just skimmed.
Jul 11, 2013 7:25 PM

Apr 2013
ihateeveryone said:
Funny how they're showing all the dead characters in the ED though.. pretty unique too.
thanks for the massive spoiler.
Jul 11, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
Sourire said:
ihateeveryone said:
Funny how they're showing all the dead characters in the ED though.. pretty unique too.

How is this a spoiler they literally show the characters AS they die. Like the characters that die this episode are shown in the ED and if someone dies in the next episode they'll be shown in the ED for that same episode

Even if they did just show all the dead characters 1) that'd be a dumbass move 2) you don't have to fucking watch the ED
Jul 11, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2009
If no black ppl the cute ones die first.
[right]

Jul 11, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2013
ihateeveryone said:
Sourire said:
ihateeveryone said:

How is this a spoiler they literally show the characters AS they die. Like the characters that die this episode are shown in the ED and if someone dies in the next episode they'll be shown in the ED for that same episode

Even if they did just show all the dead characters 1) that'd be a dumbass move 2) you don't have to fucking watch the ED
I thought you meant that the ED had ALL the characters that died through out the show.. guess I was wrong then.. (I rarely watch them anyway)
Jul 11, 2013 8:53 PM

Feb 2013
g
KiraYoshikage said:
Stark700 said:

That idol is still scared? Well damn.

Junko is a fashion girl though alright. "Hehe".
Oh snap, Sayaka Maizono's body spotted. What's up with the weird purple stuff. Whatever. I kinda expected this though after the previous episode.

Oh and I'm digging this OST.

The explanation fo the next week.

Hard spoil:

I read the chapter of manga and now, I will begin the VN

good fucking job
Jul 11, 2013 9:47 PM

Apr 2013
Num1dad_Asura said:

This is sexy.

I can't agree enough! Also, you stole my GIF thunder. I was gonna make one. ;_;
Jul 11, 2013 10:46 PM

Feb 2011
erm, what does the number 11037 mean ? it's some code? i dont get it
Jul 11, 2013 10:52 PM
Jul 2013
Kukucell said:

The significance of it gets explained in the trial, so by next episode you should get it.
Jul 11, 2013 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
Hey, guys. Would it be alright to list all the evidence that was presented before the trial in this topic or on a new one? I thought it might be fun for newcomers to speculate and deduce what might have happened during the night of the crime. Of course, for those who already know the answer are not allowed to post about it.
Jul 11, 2013 11:14 PM

Jun 2011
Kukucell said:

Hope this helps!
Jul 11, 2013 11:44 PM
Feb 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:

It doesn't really matter. He clearly hasn't played the game, so he should stop acting like he has. When you say that the average episode is going to have 3-4 hours of content crammed into it, that sounds really awful and rushed to someone who hasn't played the game or read the LP. It's basically lying to people and making the adaption seem far worse than it actually is. And if you think this is 'really rushed', you know nothing. Devil Survivor 2 gave the longest and most important chapter in the game a single episode, and 75% of the episode wasn't even stuff that was in the game. There's no way that this show is even going to approach that level of awful pacing.

And if you think about it, 3-4 hours per episodes is 39-52 hours total. Danganronpa shouldn't even take you half of that to beat.
Jul 12, 2013 1:03 AM

Oct 2012
Why Naegi is so idiot? If everyone thinks that he is the killer, why he's scared? If everyone decides that he's the killer they'll die because they're wrong, unless he's the killer.
Jul 12, 2013 1:09 AM

Apr 2013
felipekorbes said:
Why Naegi is so idiot? If everyone thinks that he is the killer, why he's scared? If everyone decides that he's the killer they'll die because they're wrong, unless he's the killer.

Because he will die too if they guess wrong? Of course he'll be scared. Calling out the killer is done by majority vote. If anyone was the idiot, it would be everyone else guessing wrong.
Jul 12, 2013 2:02 AM

Sep 2010
The background noise/voice when they found the body gives me the creeps..
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Jul 12, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2009
Pink blood, huh..
Jul 12, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
Shounen93 said:
Pink blood, huh..

It was done to avoid getting an adult rating in Japan.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackBlood

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 12, 2013 5:59 AM
Jan 2013
Extremely fast paced episode. All free time event = cut, most of evidences = cut, character interactions = cut. I started to realise that 1-cour for dangan ronpa was just... pretty much impossible.

However, I think it was kinda inevitable. This was the best attempt by staff, regardless of how fast paced it was and how incomplete it was. They decided to cut all the evidence part and introduce them in the trial, but it doesn't really work especially when speculation is one of the most critical part of the series - culprit should be at least vaguely detectable during the evidence collecting phase. This really destroys one of the most fun part of the game - trying to guess who the culprit is.

Anyways, two death already? Well this is where the series really starts!
Jul 12, 2013 6:06 AM

Jul 2007
kaimax said:
Shounen93 said:
Pink blood, huh..

It was done to avoid getting an adult rating in Japan.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackBlood

No one will make me believe its not an artistic choice, though, considering it 100% fits the surreal feeling of the setting, to a point that RED blood would break the immersion and atmosphere.
Jul 12, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2010
When I say this is the best anime of the year no one believes, and is already one of the best of all time for me, the theme is my favorite, I love the works of Agatha Christie, I love detective games, is a Phoenix Wright mix with Judge, great episode, just did not like the fact that the blood is ... pink, but oh well, this is something that can be considered, the weather was perfect, just missed to highlight some of the characters as the main focus was the protagonist. There should be more time pros viewers investigate the clues of the crime, but it can be analyzed by reviewing the episode again. Looking forward to next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 12, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2012
So Sayaka and Junko died... D:
Jul 12, 2013 6:20 AM

Feb 2012
Where the hell are the subs for this show? I've been waiting for about 8 hours now like a total idiot wanting his show to get subbed as much as possible.

This is so disappointing. Ugh.
Jul 12, 2013 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
When the episode started, I too was thinking how faithful it's being adapted, but as soon as investigation kicked in they rushed it and I'm simply giving thumb down for that. 13 episodes simply isn't enough. With this pace the audience won't give a damn about characters when they aren't fleshed out.

Junko telling Naegi that she will fix him some aggressive girlfriend may be non-important thing, but that free time within the game and ability to talk with characters actually gives you better picture of them. And then the deaths actually have an impact. The investigation was simply too watered down as well. They may fleshed out things during the trials but still, this is too quick.

EDIT: The New World Order OST is so badass. My favorite. ^^
CrimruiJul 12, 2013 6:25 AM
Jul 12, 2013 6:23 AM
May 2013
i think theyjust copied from psp. thats why blood is pink?
Jul 12, 2013 6:25 AM
May 2013
when u write something at ur back wall . u will know what 11037 mean
Jul 12, 2013 6:28 AM
May 2013
FastWheels said:
Kukucell said:

Hope this helps!

try lean against wall at write behind the wall
Jul 12, 2013 6:34 AM

Oct 2010
C-C-Combo Breaker!
You might have just said the name. And surname while you're at it.
Jul 12, 2013 6:59 AM

May 2011
And I’m impressed again! I am loving this adaptation. Sure, the pacing is fast and the investigation was rushed, but damn, that stylization! It’s so close to the game that I just have to love it - those UI quirks taken straight from the game, like the investigation prompt and even the matching music - and the evidence acquiring, it was just amazing. As well as those character count and "To be continued" screens, they appear at the end of each chapter in the game as well. Loving the original, remixed OST - as well as the OP and ED. Looking forward to the next episode - I’m hoping they saved most of the investigation for the class trial, should make the twists more awesome. And boy, there’s a lot of twists coming. :)
Jul 12, 2013 7:01 AM
Jun 2008
wow, so much clue yet I have not enough motivation to figure how will it work out.
Jul 12, 2013 7:34 AM
May 2013
Vokoca said:
And I’m impressed again! I am loving this adaptation. Sure, the pacing is fast and the investigation was rushed, but damn, that stylization! It’s so close to the game that I just have to love it - those UI quirks taken straight from the game, like the investigation prompt and even the matching music - and the evidence acquiring, it was just amazing. As well as those character count and "To be continued" screens, they appear at the end of each chapter in the game as well. Loving the original, remixed OST - as well as the OP and ED. Looking forward to the next episode - I’m hoping they saved most of the investigation for the class trial, should make the twists more awesome. And boy, there’s a lot of twists coming. :)

ikr! animation is best :D
Jul 12, 2013 7:45 AM

Feb 2011
JJUST REWATCHED THE EPI AND THE NUMBER CAN BE THE NAME OF HER GROUP (PPL TOLD ME ON MAL) YEA BUT IF U READ UPSIDE DOWN (MY BAD ENGLISH) ITS A NAME!!! DASDASDA MAYBE LE KILLER YEYI
And wtf i cant even search dangan ronpa things on net cuz ppll spoil so much abut junko -.- lucky that i didnt read the whole thing i hate spoils
Jul 12, 2013 7:53 AM

Apr 2013

I take it back, this doesn't seem as generic as I thought it was gonna be. But the strawberry milk blood makes everything look silly.
Suzune-chanJul 12, 2013 7:43 PM
Jul 12, 2013 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
is it just me or are u guys also curious of the vids the others saw as well would be interessting what the rest watched right
Jul 12, 2013 9:56 AM

Dec 2007
I came Pink Blood. And it was quite extremely pleasurable if I may say so.
Jul 12, 2013 10:02 AM
Jan 2013
Jaz as what the spoilers said.
Jul 12, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
So the fans spoiled correctly.. and the two cutest girls gone?!? Lost quite a bit of interest now..
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
Kasegawa said:
FastWheels said:
Kukucell said:

Hope this helps!

try lean against wall at write behind the wall

Jul 12, 2013 11:26 AM

Dec 2007
symbv said:
So the fans spoiled correctly.. and the two cutest girls gone?!? Lost quite a bit of interest now..

>Two cutest girls

Nah. Worst DR girls deserved to leave the stage first.

I'm only gaining more and more interest now!
Jul 12, 2013 11:49 AM

Jun 2013
This is a really good anime, but seriously why isn't the blood RED?
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.