Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That idol is still scared? Well damn.

Junko is a fashion girl though alright. "Hehe".
Oh snap, Sayaka Maizono's body spotted. What's up with the weird purple stuff. Whatever. I kinda expected this though after the previous episode.

Monokuma sure is something though...

I spotted another attack in the gym. Damn. Shit's getting real now.
Oh and I'm digging this OST.

Please do not include spoilers beyond this point.
TachiiJul 12, 2013 4:47 PM
Jul 11, 2013 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
Because I KNOW it's gonna be the subject of debate
Let's just remember something
The Japanese do not speak English and thus certain THINGS that may be obvious to someone who speaks and reads English will not be to the Japanese
Jul 11, 2013 10:39 AM

Sep 2011
DPXJube said:
Because I KNOW it's gonna be the subject of debate
Let's just remember something
The Japanese do not speak English and thus certain THINGS that may be obvious to someone who speaks and reads English will not be to the Japanese
Yah i was hoping they'd change it but looks like they didnt.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 11, 2013 10:52 AM
Mar 2012
Fine I take back all the crap I said about the last episode, this doesn't seem all that generic
btw how come the blood looks like strawberry milk, it kind of made me more hungry than shocked
Looks good till now, as long as they don't start coming back to life.
Jul 11, 2013 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
Shaduge said:
Fine I take back all the crap I said about the last episode, this doesn't seem all that generic
btw how come the blood looks like strawberry milk, it kind of made me more hungry than shocked

No they dont start coming back to life

And in the game to avoid getting the equivalent to the Adults only rating in japan they changed the blood so that everything was pink. It ended up just becoming a staple of the series. Though it leads to dangan ronpa 0 seeming way more darker since they describe the blood as red and you kind of just end up picturing it as that despite the blood in the illustrations being pink. DR0 still kind of sucks though
JizzyHitlerJul 11, 2013 11:10 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 11, 2013 11:10 AM

Nov 2007
This actually has a vocal OP!! "Never Say Never" by TKOz26 (not really sure about the artist name... is that 2 or Z before 6?)

That idol girl actually died first (did she commit suicide?) And introducing trial to quicken the death. Also that pinkish hair girl died for hurting Monokuma.

ED showing those two deaths...
tsubasaloverJul 18, 2013 7:15 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
So dead people will appear in the ending from now on eh.The opposite to DS2 ending lol

Maizono's case seem pretty easy,she even left a name behind b4 death.
Jul 11, 2013 11:14 AM

Apr 2008
Stark700 said:

Oh snap, Sayaka Maizono's body spotted. What's up with the weird purple stuff. Whatever. I kinda expected this though after the previous episode.

The explanation fo the next week.

Hard spoil:

I read the chapter of manga and now, I will begin the VN
Jul 11, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
KiraYoshikage said:
Stark700 said:

The explanation fo the next week.

Hard spoil:

I read the chapter of manga and now, I will begin the VN

Hey genius, what part of

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Do you not get

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 11, 2013 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Shaduge said:

And in the game to avoid getting the equivalent to the Adults only rating in japan they changed the blood so that everything was pink. It ended up just becoming a staple of the series. Though it leads to dangan ronpa 0 seeming way more darker since they describe the blood as red and you kind of just end up picturing it as that despite the blood in the illustrations being pink. DR0 still kind of sucks though

About DR/Zero:

Jul 11, 2013 11:53 AM
May 2011
so rushed the clues, the sword, the dialog, if anyone can figure out how the murder happen just looking at this ep they already knew it because otherwise it's imposible.
Jul 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
darkziosj said:
so rushed the clues, the sword, the dialog, if anyone can figure out how the murder happen just looking at this ep they already knew it because otherwise it's imposible.

The team in charge DID say in a radio show that they would be putting the most focus on the trials.
Jul 11, 2013 12:04 PM

Dec 2011
It's not THAT bad, the lack of extensive clues can actually spice up the trials and actually make the twists more entertaining, from a viewer PoV.
Jul 11, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Im about to have a heart attack oh my god oh my goooood.

Also, for everyone who watched the episode, was the death shown at the end of the episode, in the middle, etc..? Just curious.

SPOILERS
Jul 11, 2013 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
Well, if any MAL bystanders just happen to drop in by and see the discussion on who died. Too bad for them for entering the thread.

ihateeveryone said:

Also, for everyone who watched the episode, was the death shown at the end of the episode, in the middle, etc..? Just curious.

About 9~10 minutes in.

Here's the pic of who died. Yea, I'm just being nice and putting it in a spoiler even though I don't need to. Don't open it if you haven't watched the episode yet.
Jul 11, 2013 12:25 PM

Sep 2011
andreyue said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Shaduge said:

About DR/Zero:

I think Dr0 is more bad mainly from how forgettable the cast was and how its kind of turning into a roadrunner cartoon at points, like it was fine here with monobear because its this weird sentient robotic doll thing, anythings possible with it, however when you see(read about) a character throwing like 16 desks off a building onto some old dude it feels kind of out of place. I guess shit is a little too strong to describe it but its not that good to me

But hey that DR0 and not this so lets not talk about that here
JizzyHitlerJul 11, 2013 12:29 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 11, 2013 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
Somehow, I find Monokuma dancing like it was an James Bond opening to be very... appropriate. It was very entrancing and maybe sexy. Almost made me forget to hate the magnificent bastard.

Inb4 gif.

DPXJube said:

The team in charge DID say in a radio show that they would be putting the most focus on the trials.

That's interesting to know, gives me even more faith for the anime's execution. ;)
Jul 11, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
Well, if any MAL bystanders just happen to drop in by and see the discussion on who died. Too bad for them for entering the thread.

ihateeveryone said:

About 9~10 minutes in.

Here's the pic of who died. Yea, I'm just being nice and putting it in a spoiler even though I don't need to. Don't open it if you haven't watched the episode yet.

Strawberry milk anyone?
Jul 11, 2013 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
Paul said:

ihateeveryone said:

About 9~10 minutes in.

Strawberry milk anyone?

Even though I knew it was coming.. this still gave me so many fucking chills.
Jul 11, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2012
Quick thoughts:

REALLY happy about the animation upgrades in both the OP and ED. Funny how they're showing all the dead characters in the ED though.. pretty unique too.

Investigations were very quick compared to the game, but then again spending time and details on each little thing would be quite silly, no?

The animation itself kinda took a downfall, with more off model animations then last time, but oh well. I still think theyre doing a very good job at adapting this, albeit the fast pace is expected, but still.

Here's my least favorite part of DR.. where Naegi is suspected by everyone. I dunno, just having someone you know is innocent get told they aren't really gets under my skin, you know?

School trial next week.. I hope this goes down and is given as much attention as its needed.
Jul 11, 2013 12:54 PM
May 2013
Why doesnt he just tell everyone that he killed her
--> everyone dies + he survives...
Jul 11, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
ShigureYK said:
Why doesnt he just tell everyone that he killed her
--> everyone dies + he survives...

If they guess the culprit wrong, which is Naegi, they all die INCLUDING Naegi, and the real culprit gets away.
Jul 11, 2013 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Tyrel said:
Paul said:

ihateeveryone said:

About 9~10 minutes in.

Strawberry milk anyone?
What about Enoshima Junko's strawberry Milk shake? It was perfectly grind...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 11, 2013 12:58 PM

Mar 2012
Lol, That investigation last like 2 minutes?
It will be impossible for TV audiences who didn't play the game to remember and make use of all those evidence. Not mentioning some missing evidences and vital information as well.
Maizono is so undeveloped due to the rush that I doubt anyone could careless that she died. I like her a lot more in game as you can hang out with her for a hour or two to explore the academy and chat with other characters.

That's all I can point out now as anymore will be spoilers.
3/5

Overall, it obvious now they will cram everything into 13 episodes, which mean more than half the game content will be cut or rushed.
While I wish this should have been a 24 episodes series, I can only hope they do a decent job cutting and pasting the game content from now on.
Jul 11, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2008
leeo268 said:
It will be impossible for TV audiences who didn't play the game to remember and make use of all those evidence. Not mentioning some missing evidences and vital information as well.
Maizono is so undeveloped due to the rush that I doubt anyone could careless that she died. I like her a lot more in game as you can hang out with her for a hour or two to explore the academy and chat with other characters.

3/5

Overall, it obvious now they will cram everything into 13 episodes, which mean more than half the game content will be cut or rushed.
While I wish this should have been a 24 episodes series, I can only hope they do a decent job cutting and pasting the game content from now on.
If my guess is right, All other investigations will be reported by other students during the trial. I expected the trial to be much detailed. In the game, Naegi did almost all of the investigations. Probably the studio wants other characters to be useful with the investigations. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 11, 2013 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
leeo268 said:

3/5

The thing is its a good thing that they dont focus enough on the details like they did in the game, in the game it made things so obvious. Here people wont be able to guess who it is right away

And seeing how your the guy who it took 4 hours to complete the 1st chapter of the game i dont think you necessarily have the right to criticize the pacing. You dont even spend an hour with her, at most you spend about 30 minutes with her and then she dies and the next 30 minutes are spent on a trial.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 11, 2013 2:11 PM

May 2012
Question for those who have seen the episode and already know the plot of the game:Did it end with
Jul 11, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
RarityRoyale said:
Question for those who have seen the episode and already know the plot of the game:Did it end with

Jul 11, 2013 2:21 PM

May 2008
At first, I was pleased with how faithful episode one was to the game, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Anyone who's played or read a Let's Play should notice that the sword didn't get an explanation at all. So, just that alone is going to give newbies a harder time understanding the trial. Not only that, but they rushed the investigation. I knew 12 episodes wasn't enough time... Guess that also means they won't be covering free time events.

For everyone who's wondering why the blood's pink, its because the game staff wanted to keep the rating low, so they changed the color of blood.
Jul 11, 2013 2:52 PM

Jun 2011

And now the fun starts.

And oh my god they actually kept the blood pink, also seeing how the episode ended, I can't really see how they'll get everything done in just 13 episodes. Unless they crank the speed up a notch.
Jul 11, 2013 2:53 PM

Jun 2011
Here's the new OP if anybody wants to hear it. Don't worry, it has no spoilers.

Jul 11, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
FastWheels said:
Don't worry, it has no spoilers.]

Unlike the game's op which outright shows the 1st and 5th execution

Yah fair warning here, dont look up the games op until after the anime is done
JizzyHitlerJul 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 11, 2013 3:11 PM

May 2012
ihateeveryone said:
RarityRoyale said:

Oh excellent, looks like they've got the pacing down perfectly. For now, anyway.

Edit: That was a great episode.

Did anyone else hear the OP and immediately think of Persona 4? A heck of a lot creepier, than P4's OP but it's pretty similar. It must be the Engrish.

The ED was really good too. I assume that the background picture is going to change to Naegi surrounded by dead kids as the series goes on.

The investigation did seem a little cut down, although hopefully when subs come out it becomes a little easier to pick up on clues. They didn't change the most obvious clue at all, which is somewhat unfortunate for Western viewers who most likely immediately picked up on it. The first trial is the easiest by far anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much in the long run.

What is it with Naegi and falling asleep fully clothed?

Last week I thought that the episode would end with poor Junko getting skewered like that, but the beginning of the trial is a much better ending point. I can't see the trial taking up the entire 24 minutes so I think that they might get a teeny bit of chapter two in as well.
RarityJul 11, 2013 3:42 PM
Jul 11, 2013 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
RarityRoyale said:
ihateeveryone said:
RarityRoyale said:

Oh excellent, looks like they've got the pacing down perfectly. For now, anyway.

I'm about to go watch the episode now.
after seeing the smart move they make by underplaying the evidence i honestly can see this working out in 13 episodes. When you remove the exploring, the admittedly too revealing investigations and free time events this should fit in fine, though the free time events part is dissapointing

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 11, 2013 3:40 PM
May 2010
Free Time events can be squeezed in anywhere, without any trouble. They're nothing more than conversations, and those can happen casually at any time.
Jul 11, 2013 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
WaffleGod said:
Free Time events can be squeezed in anywhere, without any trouble. They're nothing more than conversations, and those can happen casually at any time.
well the thing is all free time events are pointless, as well as surprisingly lengthy. The only ones i recommend getting in are

Just cause it helps nail down naegi's relationship with that person, and even then they should just abridge it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 11, 2013 3:44 PM

May 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
WaffleGod said:
well the thing is all free time events are pointless, as well as surprisingly lengthy. The only ones i recommend getting in are

Just cause it helps nail down naegi's relationship with that person, and even then they should just abridge it
It also would be nice if they found a way to include Junko's free time events just so we could learn a little more about her and her death wouldn't have seemed so random. Obviously that isn't happening now. It's good they included that scene of her talking about photoshop or whatever though.
Jul 11, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
Love the new opening

This is sexy.

Man this episode gave me the slight glimmer of hope, that they may be able to pull this off.
Num1dad_AsuraJul 11, 2013 3:59 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jul 11, 2013 4:15 PM

Dec 2012
Did anyone notice this from the opening sequence and one scene in the episode?

Might be a stretch, but I wonder if they'll do this every episode?
Jul 11, 2013 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
Jovy said:

I was wondering this too, the ending is gonna change for every ep's body count so i hope the elevator in the op does that too

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 11, 2013 4:24 PM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Jovy said:

I was wondering this too, the ending is gonna change for every ep's body count so i hope the elevator in the op does that too

I was thinking they would keep the opening as is, and just show a similar elevator scene in each episode when they go for a trial but with less and less people. But either way would be interesting :P.
Jul 11, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2012
Jovy said:

Oh wow, that's a neat touch! I saw the elevator scene in the opening and thought 'hmm...,' thinking it was a spoiler but I didn't actually go back and look. I don't think it really needs to be changed between episodes but it would be cool if they did.
Jul 11, 2013 4:29 PM
Feb 2012
leeo268 said:

3/5

Oh look, it's the guy who seemed to think that the 30 minute prologue was 3-4 hours long. And what a shocker, he has no idea what he is talking about again.

1) You get to hang out with Maizono for an hour or two? What? Maybe half an hour at most with her scenes and her freetime events, but not really. And she's hardly 'developed' in those, anyway. She is and always was a decoy heroine. Her development is tied to her death.

2) They could have cut the evidence out completely and it wouldn't really matter. All of the evidence and what it means is all explained in the trial anyway. It's actually better to do this as an anime, because the viewer doesn't have to know all this information going into the trial anyway, because they're not trying to solve the case themselves. That and it's usually fairly easy to figure out who the killer is based on the investigations, with a few exceptions. So it makes things a lot more suspenseful.

3) As I have stated numerous times, 24 episodes is far to much for this game. If you've actually played it (It's very clear that you haven't since you seem to think any case in the game is over 4 hours long) you would realize that the game is like 15 hours long. 13 episodes is the perfect amount of time if they're going to be leaving out most of the investigation bits and the freetime events.

Do everyone else a favor and stop acting like you know what you are talking about when you so clearly don't.
Jul 11, 2013 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
Upupupu

The second episode has been released. I suppose I will have to wait until I can find a subtitled version like most of you guys will likely have to as well.

Can't wait. Having finished the game, I'm ready to see how this plays out.

Jul 11, 2013 5:49 PM

Jun 2012
HiddenDoorway said:
leeo268 said:

3/5

Oh look, it's the guy who seemed to think that the 30 minute prologue was 3-4 hours long. And what a shocker, he has no idea what he is talking about again.

1) You get to hang out with Maizono for an hour or two? What? Maybe half an hour at most with her scenes and her freetime events, but not really. And she's hardly 'developed' in those, anyway. She is and always was a decoy heroine. Her development is tied to her death.

2) They could have cut the evidence out completely and it wouldn't really matter. All of the evidence and what it means is all explained in the trial anyway. It's actually better to do this as an anime, because the viewer doesn't have to know all this information going into the trial anyway, because they're not trying to solve the case themselves. That and it's usually fairly easy to figure out who the killer is based on the investigations, with a few exceptions. So it makes things a lot more suspenseful.

3) As I have stated numerous times, 24 episodes is far to much for this game. If you've actually played it (It's very clear that you haven't since you seem to think any case in the game is over 4 hours long) you would realize that the game is like 15 hours long. 13 episodes is the perfect amount of time if they're going to be leaving out most of the investigation bits and the freetime events.

Do everyone else a favor and stop acting like you know what you are talking about when you so clearly don't.

Maybe his sense of time was warped from reading the LP?
I mean, the first three chapters of it took me a full 5-6 hours personally.

No need to make such a big deal out of things though.
Jul 11, 2013 6:13 PM

May 2012
I just realised they cut out the thing about the water being shut off at night, and the lint roller that was also found in Naegi's room. Would it make enough of a difference in solving the trial?
Jul 11, 2013 6:21 PM

Dec 2012
RarityRoyale said:
I just realised they cut out the thing about the water being shut off at night, and the lint roller that was also found in Naegi's room. Would it make enough of a difference in solving the trial?

They did mention the water was shut off at night! It was at the very beginning of the episode before Naeki decided to take a shower.
JovyJul 11, 2013 6:27 PM
Jul 11, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
YorozuyaGinSan said:

The only part that's really time consuming is the Trials, anything other than that is dependent on whether you fool around too much or not.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 11, 2013 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
kaimax said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

The only part that's really time consuming is the Trials, anything other than that is dependent on whether you fool around too much or not.
It was time consuming for me because I was hunting for coins... Maybe that's the reason.

Jul 11, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2012
Jovy said:
RarityRoyale said:

They did mention the water was shut off at night! It was at the very beginning of the episode before Naeki decided to take a shower.
Oh oops, must have missed it because I was watching it raw.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.