Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2012
Izuru just got some cool points, this episode was really awesome.

Jul 11, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2011
Go Izuru go!
[center]
Jul 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
AiCon said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
AiCon said:
This was a great episode. The sudden deus ex machina of Izuru's mech was just that, but that was still one hell of a battle at the end.

Eh I wouldn't call it a Deus Ex machina since we've seen this already happen with the JURIA System but definitely not to the degree we saw this week. It just shows how much Teoria affected Izuru if anything.
I can understand Izuru's mech suddenly getting faster and more effective, since the JURIA System is affected by its user and Izuru was affected by that meeting with Teoria and her words to him, but having the mech transform into something else that no one even knew could happen was a Deus ex machina. Even the crew who should know the capabilities of those mechs were surprised by the transformation.

Well it's alien tech they are working with and at the same time during the fight the other guys unit did the same thing. I wouldn't call it a Deus ex machina since that happened otherwise yes.

That was a pretty cool fight and animation bit. Watching that suddenly made me want to play that in a game somehow.

Gogo Teoria and Izuru
Jul 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
Irenesharda said:
Well, so we do have a SEED mode in this show.

I think I can see why this Earth military constantly fails. They're idiots. You have a teenage pilot that you know has mental issues and is a potential loose cannon, and could potentially destroy your team, but instead of doing anything about it. You leave the decidedly inexperienced teenage teammates to handle it. Smart, really, really smart guys.

On top of that, they seem to be using tech and doing things with their pilots that they still don't understand. This alien tech is beyond their comprehension and obviously so is its effects on the pilots. Izuru had his SEED mode right after having a tete-a-tete with Teoria, and I think the experiences are related. I'm also speculating if Ange is having SEED transformations as well, but since Black 6 doesn't transform when Ange does, I'm sticking with the split-personality.

Speaking of Ange, I think it was quite a plot contrivence to make Ange and expert at everything, and to be better than any of the team in EVERYTHING, and yet, still have her unable to phase Jiart. How could Jiart find her a worse opponent than Izuru? He chose Izuru because he's the best fighter in the team. Yet, Ange IS a better fighter than Izuru. And Izuru's mech was easily bested by hers before, but now when the plot says so she can do nothing against Jiart? I find that ridiculous.

Also, they seem to be staying with the in-joke of never revealing Ange's gender. I'm seriously considering that Ange's two separate personalities have two separate genders, where the nice but expert one is female, but the battle one is male. I also am going with her being physically female since the female personality seems to be the one in view most of the time.

As for the animation, the fights were good, and the battle between Jiart and Izuru was very good. Despite the fact that they want to indicate a KeixIzuru relationship according to the ED, Teoria is still doing her best Lacus Clyne impression and is proving to be the real moving force in Izuru's life. And I have to say that Teoria has the majority of the emotional hold on Izuru's heart while he doesn't even seem to notice Kei's hidden affection, that Asagi can clearly see. So, I honestly don't know which way things will go romance-wise.

As for next week, it will be a downtime episode again. Hopefully not for long. We got to see Team Doberman this episode, so maybe they will also be in the next one.
I give this episode a 7.5/10.

This was very interesting to read and is totally according to what i was thinking, especially with Ange gender.

Now we got more about Teoria and maybe a hint of Izuru past?
Jul 11, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
I had to re-watch the transformation scene a few times. It was that epic.

(Think it starts from 18:35 into the episode.)

Think this is one of the best if not the best fight scene ive seen in ANY anime.

The OP is still as catchy as ever.

5/5
VandesdelcaJul 11, 2013 2:22 PM
Jul 11, 2013 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
HOLY SHIT, MY NIPPLES ARE HARD LIKE DIAMONDS.

Please Izuru, stop being such a ginga bishounen.

Also, dat fight. It was fabulous.
Jul 11, 2013 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
So who else was like OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME when they were fighting?

Best action episode so far.

Can't wait to see more!
Jul 11, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2009
Loving the orchestral epic music with the battle sequence.

Mech power level dependent upon will of pilot. Maybe Red 5 will get upgrades?

I like how the bonds of the pilots affects power output. Possible that entire team has same potential.
Jul 11, 2013 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
that fight was really amazing
Jul 11, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Nice battle scene
Jul 11, 2013 3:50 PM

Jun 2012
Dayum! That battle was soooooooo Awesome!!!!!! We need more fights like these. That was really sick. Hopefully Izuru will get a new mech that can handle his commands properly or at least an upgrade.
Jul 11, 2013 4:04 PM

May 2010
Best battle so far shit was mad sick.
Jul 11, 2013 4:29 PM
Oct 2010
badass ep. valvrave committee should be taking notes
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 11, 2013 4:37 PM

Jun 2009
I still don't get why MJP is still behind Valvrave in ratings...

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jul 11, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
MapoTofu said:

Don't get me wrong, MJP is definitely getting better, but Valvrave is epic.
Jul 11, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
Irenesharda said:
MapoTofu said:

Don't get me wrong, MJP is definitely getting better, but Valvrave is epic.

naa... Valvrape was crap.

Holy hell, that was an EPIC episode, kept on the edge of my seat the entire time.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jul 11, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2012
That fight scene was epic. They were going at it hardcore!
Jul 11, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2013
Akanezora said:
HOLY SHIT, MY NIPPLES ARE HARD LIKE DIAMONDS.

Please Izuru, stop being such a ginga bishounen.

Also, dat fight. It was fabulous.

agree 100% with you lol, also that fight scene was amazing maybe a little fast but i think if they slowed down the best parts it would be epic
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jul 11, 2013 6:13 PM
Feb 2009
Izuru B E A S T mode on :)
Jul 11, 2013 6:56 PM

Jan 2009
damn awesome action scenes right there dudes!!!
Jul 11, 2013 7:56 PM

Jan 2008
Izuru's fight scene was pretty epic. Haven't seen any mecha fights that entertaining in a long time... or maybe ever.
PaulJul 12, 2013 5:21 AM
Jul 11, 2013 8:37 PM

Jun 2008
Just came to echo what everyone's already said. That fight made me hold my breath.
Jul 11, 2013 9:07 PM
Feb 2012
Loved it! This anime keeps getting better!!! Love all the seed comments!! I swear I was thinking the same too!
Jul 11, 2013 9:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
REALLY nice fight scene.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 11, 2013 10:06 PM

Jun 2011
That battle was sick. EPIC fight and transformations from both Izuru and the enemy especially the whip like weapon from him.
Jul 11, 2013 11:05 PM

May 2012
Awesome fight between the Wulguru prince and Izuru!! My eyes can't almost keep up. Needs to rewatch it!
Jul 11, 2013 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
That...t-that...THAT WAS AWESOME! Go Izuru!
Jul 12, 2013 12:52 AM

Sep 2012
THE SAKUGA !!!

Can the next 10 episodes or so top this??

And how convenient for Izuru to be half-confessed (at least looks like that to Izuru) just before the seemingly straightforward operation??
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 12, 2013 1:24 AM
Jun 2013
amazing ep woot 5/5
Jul 12, 2013 2:58 AM
Jul 2012
Irenesharda said:

Speaking of Ange, I think it was quite a plot contrivence to make Ange and expert at everything, and to be better than any of the team in EVERYTHING, and yet, still have her unable to phase Jiart. How could Jiart find her a worse opponent than Izuru? He chose Izuru because he's the best fighter in the team. Yet, Ange IS a better fighter than Izuru. And Izuru's mech was easily bested by hers before, but now when the plot says so she can do nothing against Jiart? I find that ridiculous.

I prefer to think of it like this:
Ange's mech, like he/she said, was a heavy weapons and armor one(surprising based on that speed), and is better suited to mid-long range combat, and against Izuru's Red 5, which is more mid-range than it's potential close, it's a lost cause.

But, as for Jiart, he uses a mech similar to Izuru's, but it's more close-range thus allowing it to enter Ange's weak zone, and it is also build to keep up with his instincts that are even better than the JURIA's systems. And thus, it let's him do what Izuru and the Red 5 can't.

Thats how I like to think about it. Though your reason is probably the better one, I prefer mine when it comes to first just trying to enjoy each episode.
Jul 12, 2013 3:05 AM
Jul 2012
MapoTofu said:

I think people were a tad bit scared to pick it up. Being that the art-style has a weird way of doing body parts in my opinion. The chests seem too be a tad bit too tall, and the arms are long with the legs being long as well. As for the heads, they are a tad bit different from the designs you typically see. And, mecha animes don't typically do CG.

It's different, but it is also great at it. People just can't get into it. As for Valvrave, it follows a more cultured, "normal" way of doing mecha animes with it's own spin with the plot. I enjoy the OSTs and mecha scenes and the plot, but it is more lackluster in it's way of doing things compared to MJP, but I still prefer Valvrave over it. Don't know why, and really don't care at this point. I just enjoy them both. Since, I LOVE MECHA ANIMES!
Jul 12, 2013 3:47 AM

Oct 2010
Meh, to each his own. I didn't like Valvrave the Penetrator for several reasons. Majestic Prince just has that relaxing feel to it that I really appreciate. This episode shows why I love it so much. Good time for a breather, few funny scenes, character development and INSANE action. Honestly, that mecha fight was freaking epic!
Jul 12, 2013 3:59 AM

Jul 2011
finally some epic fight.
講廢話,被撞到.
Jul 12, 2013 4:03 AM

May 2009
That was glorious
Jul 12, 2013 5:53 AM

Jul 2009
It feels like Izuru went into SEED Mode, and that triggered Trans-Am for his mecha.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 12, 2013 7:18 AM

Jun 2008
Irenesharda said:

I agree with this. How can they make her kick Izuru's ass in training and yet not even challenge Jiart slightly. Sure Izuru went super saiyan this time so he can challenge him but he didn't do that shit last time he faced him and he still got Jiart excited.

Btw anyone noticed how they where saying that the Julia system and the mech couldn't keep up with Izuru? This reminds me Gundam and new-types. It seems Izuru will get an upgraded mech that can keep up with him.
Jul 12, 2013 8:18 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome action + TeoriaxIzuru service + Ange going berserk (again)... probably one of the best episodes so far.
Jul 12, 2013 8:24 AM

Jun 2013
Izuru, I approve of your taste in women *thumbs up*
Say what you need, not what you want.
Jul 12, 2013 8:27 AM

Jul 2011
Great fight! and the gold question...is a he or a she ??
Jul 12, 2013 8:46 AM

Oct 2010
ainky said:
Great fight! and the gold question...is a he or a she ??

They said that they will make him/her watch that sex tape, and based on the reaction they will know. ^^
Jul 12, 2013 10:34 AM

Oct 2011
"Are you a guy or a gi...." I was on the edge of my seat but damn the conservation ended : (
Can't wait for them to show S/He the tape : )

Ange bested everyone except Tamaki XD

My favorite scene: the fountain. I love it when the fountain changes colors to match the mood. Aww Izuru and Teoria moment.

Izuru dat SEED/Tran-Ams 0____0 OMG EPIC!!! I wonder if the others will change forms too?

Wow Patrick loves Tamaki XD.
Jul 12, 2013 1:05 PM
Jun 2013
Well, this episode was nothing short of epic. Great Job Izuru! Although I ship IzuruxKei more, can't help but also Ship IzuruxTeoria so, harem route? But there's just two of them so I'll settle for two-timing XD

My take on why Ange is bested by Izuru according to Jiart despite being better in everything.

Ange is reckless. Yes, she's an amazing fighter with a freaking awesome berserker mode but she was still reckless (not following orders, charging head on, etc.) which I think why Jiart didn't think of her as a "worthy" opponent. Jiart easily defeated her (not really defeat but y'know).

On the previous episode when Ange went berserk, her opponent was equally reckless so the match was perfect because they clash perfectly in sync.

In this case though with Jiart, Jiart is a clam fighter who doesn't find Ange's style interesting at all. Izuru was the one in sync with Jiart and not Ange that's why Jiart still chose Izuru despite Ange being superior in fighting compared to Izuru.

Before the fight with Jiart I already thought about how Ange won't be able to be in par with him much less to actually defeat him if her coordination doesn't match his.

Anyway, giving this ep a 9/10 in rating. I wanted a KeixIzuru moment or at least more spotlight for Kei after the last episode.
Jul 12, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2008
Forgot to mention, while watching Crunchyroll/Horriblesub, during Izuru's chat with Theoria, he mentions that he's not allowed to revive his memories. Basically meaning, they have the technology to not only erase memories, but restore them?

Just thought I should mention it.
Jul 12, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2012
Badass episode!
Jul 12, 2013 3:08 PM
Jun 2009
red 5 turn into super saiya <3
Jul 12, 2013 4:57 PM
Aug 2012
now this episode makes me think all five other pilots are just useless trash ange lost in , like 10 seconds ?
Jul 12, 2013 9:02 PM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
Irenesharda said:

I agree with this. How can they make her kick Izuru's ass in training and yet not even challenge Jiart slightly. Sure Izuru went super saiyan this time so he can challenge him but he didn't do that shit last time he faced him and he still got Jiart excited.

Btw anyone noticed how they where saying that the Julia system and the mech couldn't keep up with Izuru? This reminds me Gundam and new-types. It seems Izuru will get an upgraded mech that can keep up with him.
Ange kicked Izuru's ass in training because Izuru is not fully serious during that fight while Ange with his/her tendencies was giving it all out.. Izuru was only seen serious in ep1, his previous fight with Jiart, and this time where he even went full Juria system hax mode.. Jiart is a fighter who can see the potential of his opponents and he sees none of it in Ange whose maximum fighting capability seems to be already realized unless he/she can control his/her recklessness..

AiCon said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
AiCon said:
This was a great episode. The sudden deus ex machina of Izuru's mech was just that, but that was still one hell of a battle at the end.

Eh I wouldn't call it a Deus Ex machina since we've seen this already happen with the JURIA System but definitely not to the degree we saw this week. It just shows how much Teoria affected Izuru if anything.
I can understand Izuru's mech suddenly getting faster and more effective, since the JURIA System is affected by its user and Izuru was affected by that meeting with Teoria and her words to him, but having the mech transform into something else that no one even knew could happen was a Deus ex machina. Even the crew who should know the capabilities of those mechs were surprised by the transformation.
i think that the slightly transformed ASHMB is a feature and is part of the design.. being mechs similar to what their enemies use, and seeing how Jiart's mech can also upgrade when he's serious, i think it's not really deus ex machina.. the crew in that ship may not know about this because it's the initial designers that would know of this (teoria, her assistant, some other higher up officials and engineers).. it's not unheard of for mechanics to not be given the entire thing about a machine when stuff are classified.. anyway, given all that, i hope we can see the other suits do this in-battle minimal upgrade too...
Jul 13, 2013 1:48 AM

Jul 2010
bastek66 said:
That was glorious
Jul 13, 2013 2:16 AM

Aug 2012
Freaking Great episode 5/5 I can't wait till the next one!
Jul 13, 2013 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
Acxelion said:
I prefer to think of it like this:
Ange's mech, like he/she said, was a heavy weapons and armor one(surprising based on that speed), and is better suited to mid-long range combat, and against Izuru's Red 5, which is more mid-range than it's potential close, it's a lost cause.

But, as for Jiart, he uses a mech similar to Izuru's, but it's more close-range thus allowing it to enter Ange's weak zone, and it is also build to keep up with his instincts that are even better than the JURIA's systems. And thus, it let's him do what Izuru and the Red 5 can't.

Thats how I like to think about it. Though your reason is probably the better one, I prefer mine when it comes to first just trying to enjoy each episode.

My thoughts exactly. Also by charging recklessly Jiart he wouldn't be a match to him since he is more "technical" fighter.

yeokso said:
I still want to know why Ange was assigned to the group. He is clearly unstable during battle and how could anyone not have seen it beforehand.

Yes i still think we might find out the reason for. Hoping ti wasn't just to introduce a new character in the series.

Also as the ED points to a IzuroxKei i think we might come to a twist about Teoria...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.