Forum Settings
Forums

Fundraising in Kickstarter to Extend 'Little Witch Academia 2' Met Goal in its First Day

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 9, 2013 9:49 PM

Aug 2011
MrAwesome2011 said:
PWJP said:
"Just take 50$ and make more Inferno Cop"
Holy shit I died. Some of the other options are hilarious too.

''Yes, but only if Morgan Freeman does all of the voice acting and singing.''
I want this.

I voted for the Inferno Cop option.

I'd be happy with either Morgan Freeman or Liam Neeson voicing every character in a dub though.

imperlast said:
some one give me some money so i can up my donation to $300

It's going to be really, really cool to see my name in the credits for an anime.
Jul 9, 2013 9:59 PM

Feb 2012
Just pledged $50 for the bluray and art book, I love my art books. If this happens to become feature-length, than this is a very good deal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2013 11:13 PM

Dec 2012
Heh! I'm happy I supported this! Didn't expect it to already reach its goal, though... :0

Although, by the time it comes out, I'll probably barely even remember anything about the donation and will forget to check the credits... :(
PantsManJul 9, 2013 11:17 PM
Jul 9, 2013 11:28 PM

Feb 2008
If someone pledges $300, please tell them to put Inferno Cop as your name.
Jul 10, 2013 1:47 AM

Nov 2007
they are gonna break into most funded projects for sure

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 10, 2013 4:11 AM

May 2010
how about an actual series...
Jul 10, 2013 4:13 AM

Dec 2011
Kazeshini said:

They've already doubled their goal 2 days in. Depending on how this keeps up i wouldn't be surprised.
Jul 10, 2013 4:14 AM

May 2010
Kidkidd said:
Kazeshini said:

They've already doubled their goal 2 days in. Depending on how this keeps up i wouldn't be surprised.
don't think so, more work needs to be done
Jul 10, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2009
Payed 20$. Not much but still.
Jul 10, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2009
Corpse69 said:
they are gonna break into most funded projects for sure
14 k till they are the 4th most funded aniamtion project
Jul 10, 2013 9:23 AM

Jul 2013
Pledged 300$, can't wait to see my name in them credits!
Jul 10, 2013 9:25 AM

Jun 2009
Walp said:
Pledged 300$, can't wait to see my name in them credits!
30 minutes show 2 hours of credits of names of people who donated
Jul 10, 2013 9:51 AM

Nov 2012
Is the contributor credit roll going to only appear in the western release, or will it also show up in the Japanese domestic version? I have this absurd image in my head of the audience over there being puzzled over the long list of gaijin names, wondering "Who the hell are these guys?".
Jul 10, 2013 10:02 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder if the stretch goals will be modest or ambitious.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 10, 2013 10:16 AM

Nov 2008
they never stop to amaze me when it comes to finding new ways to make money
Jul 10, 2013 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
I was already surprised so many people was prising the title so much but this news is more than dumbfounding.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 10, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
I'm a $300 backer! Feel so excited, can't wait for 2015
(And I get credited too, yay!)

I miss image BBC Code. May this sig stand as a testament to SSJMaster's power.
Jul 10, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
I didn't even know this Kickstarter existed. I'm ashamed to admit that.

Donated immediately. I mean "backed".
Finally something other than a video game worth Kickstarting.
Jul 10, 2013 11:34 AM

Feb 2008
So when is this getting added to MAL?
Jul 10, 2013 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
Over 300k now :) I wonder what they'd do if it went over 1m$?
Jul 10, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2009
BBQ_Chicken said:
Over 300k now :) I wonder what they'd do if it went over 1m$?
it should if it gates the same number of donations / ammount it got today it will get over that its got 50K today so far
Jul 10, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2011
If they can get that much money in 1 day from just a kickstarter for it, a full TV anime shouldn't be a problem at all.
Jul 10, 2013 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
Madhouse needs to put Satoshi Kon's final unfinished film on Kickstarter. DO IT NOW.
Jul 10, 2013 3:31 PM

Mar 2012
Megaton said:
Madhouse needs to put Satoshi Kon's final unfinished film on Kickstarter. DO IT NOW.
I'd sell everything I own to fund it.
LoneWolf said:
Jul 10, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
Holy crap. 2/30 days in and it's over double the goal already. There's even people who've donated $10,000 :O.

Would be cool for one of the stretch goals they come up with to be at least a full 1 cour show. I've never watched or heard of it until now but it's obvious people want more. Might have to look into it.
ShiveronJul 10, 2013 6:48 PM
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jul 10, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
DraconisMarch said:
If they can get that much money in 1 day from just a kickstarter for it, a full TV anime shouldn't be a problem at all.

it wouldn't be a problem if they were not such a small studio

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 10, 2013 10:04 PM
Dec 2010
No one posted this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2/posts/534304

Greetings everyone! I must say, words cannot simply express how happy we are! After returning from Anime Expo, we gathered and reviewed all the comments that were given to us. And, I believe we are ready to announce our stretch goal! Our deepest apologies to those who have patiently waited.

To begin, we received many comments about "extending the episode length over 40minutes." We have to be honest, it is looking very difficult to make this happen. We simply do not have the capacity to finish the project by 2014~2015 if we maintain our current quality of animation. Also if we were to aim for a series project, it will for sure be later than 2016 since we have our upcoming television series "KILL la KILL." We just do not want to make all of you fans wait that long. We deeply apologize for this.

What we have decided to set for our 500,000 USD stretch goal are the following: -Adding an audio commentary and a making of LWA2 documentary. -Adding an Original Sound Track and Gengasyu (Line art collection book)

We have also added more quantity to the 2,000 and 10,000 USD rewards!

On a side note, I heard from GOOD SMILE COMPANY that they may "consider" creating a Little Witch Academia figure if we can manage to reach 500,000 USD!

And we will be adding FAQ section soon! Please check them out, you just might find the answer you are looking for!

Everyone needs to tell them that we are ok with a full series coming out later.
Jul 10, 2013 10:09 PM

Nov 2011
I remember when MAL was talking shit about crowd-funding last year saying it would never catch on. Who is eating crow now huh? :D
The Art of Eight
Jul 10, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
Kind of shame about the sketch goal, but what can you do. TRIGGER still rocks.
LoneWolf said:
Jul 10, 2013 10:13 PM
Dec 2010
dankickyou said:
I remember when MAL was talking shit about crowd-funding last year saying it would never catch on. Who is eating crow now huh? :D

Crowd funding would never catch on, this Kickstarter is so successful only because Studio TRIGGER has a huge reputation as the successor of Gainax and everyone wants to see them be successful. It's going to be difficult for any other studio to achieve this level of success.
Jul 10, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2011
scytheavatar said:
dankickyou said:

Crowd funding would never catch on, this Kickstarter is so successful only because Studio TRIGGER has a huge reputation as the successor of Gainax and everyone wants to see them be successful. It's going to be difficult for any other studio to achieve this level of success.

Another idiot. :D Its already cached on.
The Art of Eight
Jul 10, 2013 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
dankickyou said:
Better check your English before laughing at someone as "idiot". To be serious, both of you are right - there is a trend of more activities in crowd-funding but there is also a limit to it, as scytheavatar said. If the momentum can be maintained, more projects might come out of this funding source but it may be a bit too early to conclude definitively that this will surely happen.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 10, 2013 10:43 PM

Oct 2012
Its really cool that there is going to be a second one! The first one was great!
Jul 10, 2013 10:52 PM
Oct 2010
What is Kill la Kill anyway? Aside from that I think that LWA could easily be a series as well, maybe if the second episode does even better they will go ahead with it.
Jul 10, 2013 11:20 PM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
What is Kill la Kill anyway?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=556111
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 11, 2013 12:17 AM

Feb 2012
dankickyou said:

The only idiot here is you for overreacting over ONE successful anime kickstarter. The only other anime related kickstarters that come close are Kick-Heart which is a 10m short film, and Time of Eve, which is only to launch the international blu-ray. Both made around 200k. Kick-heart was funded last year. Not exactly 'catching on'

Show me how it's caught on though cause I don't see it.

I'm as excited for a sequel to LWA as anyone else here, but please don't get ahead of yourself and act as if some revolution is upon us. I've already made a post on why the success of this kickstarter wont change much of anything.

Sadly people such as yourself like to use their fingers before their brain when posting.
Jul 11, 2013 8:57 AM
Oct 2010
symbv said:
skudoops said:
What is Kill la Kill anyway?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=556111

Sounds alrite, I'll look out for it.
Jul 11, 2013 12:30 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
Regarding the use of Kickstarter as a means of financing anime and whether it’s use is “Catching On” in the Japanese anime industry. Studio Trigger only heard about Kickstarter a few months ago so I would expect that there are other studios in Japan that may just be hearing about it now. So time will tell if it catches on with other studios.

Another way Kickstarter could be used is to help fund unfinished movies and series that ran out of money due to low Japanese sales. I hated when an interesting series just stopped unresolved after one season because the studio ran out of funding. Kickstarter could be used to complete some of these.

Additionally, what about Japanese studios Pre-Selling DVD’s and Blu-Rays of planned movies and series to the overseas fans to help raise money. A lot of anime does not get distributed in the US and elsewhere and by Pre-selling future productions they would get an idea of the interest in the project and as a huge benefit it would cut down on piracy of their product. I realize that they would have to post detailed plans on the proposed project such as partially completed anime, scripts or storyboards and previous examples of their other work. I realize that there are possible reasons this won’t work but it can’t hurt to try.
Jul 11, 2013 1:51 PM

Apr 2013
I don't know about calling people "idiots" or statements like "crowd funding will never catch on".

While I would try to refrain from calling someone an idiot over disagreeing with me. I think a great deal of the skepticism of crowdfunding from all industries is uncalled for. You certainly can't say for sure that this is successful only because of Gainax. Certainly it isn't guaranteed that certain niches of anime would be successful on Kickstarter. But I wouldn't bet too strongly against the Kickstarter model. I think it has a lot of potential, and it is only growing.

Certainly I think that this Kickstarter is going to make more people in the industry take notice of this funding model. Maybe it hasn't already "caught on", but this sort of thing is certainly I'm sure helping this to catch on. This surely can't be the last anime Kickstarter. From here on, I can only see anime Kickstarters increasing in number. As this will have a lot of exposure, far more than the other Kickstarter projects. Which will grab the attention of a lot of anime industry people.

Times change. And crowdfunding is becoming a viable method of funding content creation for many content creators.
Jul 11, 2013 4:05 PM
Apr 2013
Full anime please?
Jul 11, 2013 6:02 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
It's on the Kickstarter Little Witch Academia 2 page
Jul 11, 2013 6:47 PM

Sep 2011
OH hell yes, please. More of this

currently at $356,565, this is amazing!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 12, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
ponygon123 said:
Full anime please?
Won't happend with this Kickstarter.

Although we did explain that it is difficult to extend the episode length past 40 minutes for Little Witch Academia 2, that does not mean we plan to end it with just this episode! We too are aspiring for a TV series and a full length film! However, it will take many years to reach this goal. We want to see Akko and her friends move in full action, and explore further into their world. Can't we all agree on that? Our first goal is to produce a 40 minute episode of LWA2. After that, we want to aim for further goal such as a television series or a full length film!

We believe that several important steps are necessary to reach these goals. One of them is the production of Little Witch Academia 2. If the sequel receives as much support as the previous episode did, we will definitely have a bright future for the LWA series.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2/posts/535690
Jul 12, 2013 4:33 AM

Jan 2008
Frontalbrise said:
ponygon123 said:
Full anime please?
Won't happend with this Kickstarter.

Although we did explain that it is difficult to extend the episode length past 40 minutes for Little Witch Academia 2, that does not mean we plan to end it with just this episode! We too are aspiring for a TV series and a full length film! However, it will take many years to reach this goal. We want to see Akko and her friends move in full action, and explore further into their world. Can't we all agree on that? Our first goal is to produce a 40 minute episode of LWA2. After that, we want to aim for further goal such as a television series or a full length film!
Jul 13, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2007
I liked the original OVA, though it wasn't anything I'd throw money at. But I gave them $1 anyway, because why not.
Jul 13, 2013 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
I think it could be possible for some of the funding from this Kickstarter to eventually go toward episode 3.

Unless I'm sorely mistaken.
Jul 13, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
Man I really gotta watch this to see whats all the hype about. Looks like a really cute anime that would be fun to watch on Halloween or something.
Jul 20, 2013 12:37 PM
Jul 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
They couldn't write a proper story for one, short episode and they are aiming for a full franchise? Good laugh.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 20, 2013 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
Antanaru said:
They couldn't write a proper story for one, short episode and they are aiming for a full franchise? Good laugh.

theres borderline nothing you can do in a 20 minute time frame compared to a episodic series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
21 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 7 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.