Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blood Lad
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2013 2:42 PM

Jan 2008
Very shounen opening.

Read the manga a while back and stopped suddenly but definitely enjoying the anime more already.
Jul 7, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
One of the better starts of the season. I like the MC, the visuals did a good job of helping portray him, overall looks like it could be fun.
Jul 7, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
finally waiting so long for the chapter ,and wasnt dissapointed very well adapted and enjoyable liked so far
Jul 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Feb 2009
A vampire otaku, that's all we needed.
Jul 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Jul 2012
For some reason I didn't like the manga that much when I read it before, but now I'm enjoying the anime quite a bit. Not sure why. Oh well, it's pretty good so far.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 7, 2013 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
i like the first episode. i hope i enjoy watching the rest of the series ^_^ i consider starz x fuyumi as my otp in this series already.
Jul 7, 2013 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
The heart popping was the peak of this episode! LOL
I'll continue watching.

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jul 7, 2013 2:54 PM

Feb 2012
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
I haven't read the manga or anything, and I was just expecting some dumb fun. I got what I was looking for.

The manga is hilarious, you should give it a shot.
Jul 7, 2013 3:00 PM
Aug 2011
It's here! *__* One of the series I was looking to forward the most.

Oh happy day to see Staz animated.

Off to a great start, i'm so happy.

I like the brightness/colors but i'm still trying to adjust to them.
As I said when they revealed the character designs, they looked just a tad too cutesy to what I had imagined but seeing them in motion makes it look better.
standJul 7, 2013 3:16 PM
Jul 7, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2013
Wow it did stick to the Manga quite faithfully and I really appreaciate that... However I think the show is... too colorful? I imagined the anime would be darker with not so bright colors but I guess I was wrong.

I liked the Opening music but the animation is like a big foreshadowing of some things that will appear later on. The Ending is okay, the music is fabulous and it shows what endings usually show...

I liked how Staz's voice was just like I expected it ^_^. I just hope Fuyumi's voice gets a little less neutral and shy just like Fuyumi's personality will get later on. However I didn't expect the three eyed meerkat xD, just kidding, Mamejirou's voice too be that... childish? Maybe I thought he would have a more serious voice xD.

But looks like the anime is taking a good path, let's just only hope it keeps on like that and that they include more comedy and darker themes.
Jul 7, 2013 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
Ryota Ohsaka is on a freakin roll. He was a complete newb with Tsuritama yeah? And now he's getting all these great, awesome roles. He's really enjoyable to listen to! This episode was great...

From Demon King and Fast Food Worker to Demon Boss and Otaku!
Jul 7, 2013 3:07 PM

Apr 2011
I personally think the bright colors work in its benefit. It gives it a very unique look.

The could always(and very possibly will) make the more dark moments...darker. It would be an easy way for them to show the change in atmosphere. I like it though, wouldn't change any of it.
Jul 7, 2013 3:09 PM
Aug 2011
TheArchangel said:
Ryota Ohsaka is on a freakin roll. He was a complete newb with Tsuritama yeah? And now he's getting all these great, awesome roles. He's really enjoyable to listen to! This episode was great...

Yeah he's doing excellent these days.
I remember commenting on his seiyuu page the first day Tsuritama came out and he had like 3 roles.
1 main Tsuritama role and the others were supporting ones.
Jul 7, 2013 3:12 PM

May 2010
HiStrings said:
SylakentH_ said:
finally the anime :)

Enjoyed it, everything was fine just expected it to be darker... dunno why but I dont like the colorful animation.
It's not that bad, just when Staz was beating that plant guy they could have gone for more serious or darker animation.

I agree. When looking at the pages of the manga, I thought the color palette was supposed to be a gloomy kind of one. Now when looking at the anime it seems much brighter.

Agreed.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"

Apr 2011
TheArchangel said:

From Demon King and Fast Food Worker to Demon Boss and Otaku!

He's one of the main characters in three shows this season, that's pretty impressive. He is certainly an up and coming talent.

This, Gatachaman Crowds, and Rozen Maiden. And he was Maou-sama last season(which I know will make people argue about if that or Blood Lad is better...). He also got introduced as one of the new council members in Sket Dance, that was a shame they need to bring that show back :(

May 2013
Hmm... Maybe it is because mostly dark colors or shadings appear in the manga... Or I expected something darker when the words Demon World popped up xD. But the bright colors do fit in the comedy situations... I hope they just don't pop them up in the dark parts of the story :D

Jul 7, 2013 3:28 PM

Aug 2012
FINALLY! Man they really did bring some color to the demon world. I think it's fine though, once story develops the tone and animation will adjust. First episode is just an introduction to the demon world, no need for it to be dark right now, this is a wacky anime first and foremost.

But people expecting it to be funny in the same sense as Maou-Sama doesn't make sense. Maou-Sama relied much heavier on it's comedy than Blood Lad will. Even though Blood Lad will rely on it quite a bit, it's style of humor is quite different than Maou-Sama's. Some similarities in the set up, but completely different styles and story structure. Blood Lad won't be known for it's humor the same way Maou-Sama is.

Back to the episode, I kind of expected Fuyumi's voice to be a little squeakier but I still like it, and Staz's seiyuu really is perfect for him, great choice.

Holy crap, that OP shows A LOT...Did not expect that.. But that proves they obviously plan to adapt everything, they even showed glimpses of the Hydra arc! Ten episodes my ass..

Beru creepin in that ED lol
AlexTheRiotJul 7, 2013 3:52 PM
Jul 7, 2013 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
That was a fun watch. Fuyumi is damn cute and her shyness makes her even cuter.
Jul 7, 2013 3:34 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome first episode. I was really looking forward to this show. Can't wait for next episode.

Jul 7, 2013 3:42 PM
Aug 2012
great first episode laughed so hard when the plant coughed up her bones lololool humans rlly dont last long in the demon world >.<
Jul 7, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
lot of stuff happened
Jul 7, 2013 4:01 PM

May 2013
Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Jul 7, 2013 4:05 PM

Apr 2013
That was rather underwhelming when compared to Maou-sama...though to be fair, that anime set the bar pretty high. Still, didn't laugh much, and I'm even a bit confused: Staz says there's no way he will leave his room to go to the human world, but later he says that "if I could, I would've gone there ages ago!" He was complaining about it and implying he was able to go, but then he says that? What gives? And he also said how sucking the blood of humans was stupid to him, but he seemed pretty determined in doing just that with Fuyumi. Am I just exceptionally slow today/missing something?
Well, either way, I'll keep watching this. And damned if Fuyumi isn't cute.
Jul 7, 2013 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
Decent start. I can't wait to see more.
Jul 7, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2012
So far so good.
Jul 7, 2013 4:25 PM

Aug 2012
PWJP said:
That was rather underwhelming when compared to Maou-sama...though to be fair, that anime set the bar pretty high. Still, didn't laugh much, and I'm even a bit confused: Staz says there's no way he will leave his room to go to the human world, but later he says that "if I could, I would've gone there ages ago!" He was complaining about it and implying he was able to go, but then he says that? What gives? And he also said how sucking the blood of humans was stupid to him, but he seemed pretty determined in doing just that with Fuyumi. Am I just exceptionally slow today/missing something?
Well, either way, I'll keep watching this. And damned if Fuyumi isn't cute.

There is absolutely no reason to compare this to Maou-Sama. Not even Demons genre tag.

And he says that he wouldn't go there on the pretense of sucking human blood(keep in mind that was a segue to telling the viewer he lived in the demon world, and is still introducing himself, a vampire) So he wasn't really implying he was able to go, because it isn't easy. But since he admires the Japanese culture, of course he would want to go.

And about the blood, this line says it all: "I don't want to suck her blood as a vampire, but as an individual" he isn't interested in human blood in general, that's why he didn't understand the feeling. Common perception of vampires is important here, he understands it but doesn't fully embrace it.
Jul 7, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome!!!! I love it ^.^ Totally like Hataraku haha
Jul 7, 2013 4:40 PM

May 2013
Well, I give it a 5/5 'cause probably is gonna be the best anime this season, also the one I was expecting so much. God, how I laugh with this first episode, I remember when I started reading the manga and at the first time I didn't like the serie, but with time I started liking and so far is a good serie. My only problem with the animation was Staz, ugh, his design is very weird (compared with manga of course). I'm also curious to know up which chapter of the manga they will animate.
Jul 7, 2013 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
There is absolutely no reason to compare this to Maou-Sama. Not even Demons genre tag.

And he says that he wouldn't go there on the pretense of sucking human blood(keep in mind that was a segue to telling the viewer he lived in the demon world, and is still introducing himself, a vampire) So he wasn't really implying he was able to go, because it isn't easy. But since he admires the Japanese culture, of course he would want to go.

And about the blood, this line says it all: "I don't want to suck her blood as a vampire, but as an individual" he isn't interested in human blood in general, that's why he didn't understand the feeling. Common perception of vampires is important here, he understands it but doesn't fully embrace it.

Derp. Thanks for clearing things up for me.
Jul 7, 2013 5:07 PM

Feb 2013
This is awesome and I'm loving the colorful animation style. The human girl is really adorable
Jul 7, 2013 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
This was really good for a first episode. I just wish it was getting more than 10 episodes.. hopefully it will get a second season. :/
Jul 7, 2013 5:18 PM

Mar 2009
Great. A good adaption of the manga so far. I can't wait to see the next ep xD
Jul 7, 2013 5:19 PM

Feb 2012
Heh Mou-sama vibes. No surprise since it's the same VA voicing the lead lol.

Overall this anime surprised me. Came in not expecting much, came out enjoying it and eager to see more!
Jul 7, 2013 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
I've been waiting so long for this anime and I can't say I'm disappointed with episode 1 so far! It was great!

But, I'm not expecting much from this series because of the ridiculous 10-episode season... I've seen a lot of shows like this go down the drain because of "original endings", but I'm for sure picking up the manga once it finishes.
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Jul 7, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
One of the better starts for summer 2013 anime. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, especially with only 10 episodes.
You do not wish to destroy others,
you simply wish to destroy yourself.
Jul 7, 2013 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
Enjoyable
Jul 7, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2012
I really like the art style; the diverse color palette really pops off the screen

Blood Lad's humor is mostly funny thanks to the execution from protagonist Staz. If the show can keep it up I'll be a happy camper
HybridMBLJul 7, 2013 5:41 PM
Jul 7, 2013 5:42 PM

Aug 2012
kurokouga said:
I've been waiting so long for this anime and I can't say I'm disappointed with episode 1 so far! It was great!

But, I'm not expecting much from this series because of the ridiculous 10-episode season... I've seen a lot of shows like this go down the drain because of "original endings", but I'm for sure picking up the manga once it finishes.
I think if Brains Base planned an original end, they wouldn't have certain things in the OP as they are events/characters/developments that are important to the story later, beyond what 10 episodes could touch. And since they aren't A-1, don't think they'll use important later developments from the manga as anime original devices.

This won't end after 10 eps, be it a hiatus or a "Second Season" I think it'll go far beyond ten eps.
Jul 7, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2008
I was kind of bored. The comedy wasn't very funny, the action wasn't particularly thrilling, and the characters seem kinda bland.
Jul 7, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2008
Seriously, Ryota Ohsaka is amazing!

Very fun first episode! Looking forward to it!
Jul 7, 2013 6:01 PM
Jan 2012
this is probably the only worthy anime to watch this season. I was grinning almost the entire time through. all the characters made a terrific first impression on me.
Jul 7, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2012
VanishingKira said:
Is anyone other than HorribleSubs subbing this?

gg is apparently planning on it but no upload yet
Jul 7, 2013 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
I liked it.
Jul 7, 2013 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
This anime is going to be awesome!!!
Jul 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
This seems to be very different from Baccano and Durarara but I will give it several more episodes

Kind of reminds me of Gintama with the Dragonball, Final Fantasy references
Jul 7, 2013 6:41 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty faithful to the manga, but maybe the atmosphere felt slightly different...? All in all a decent first episode.
Jul 7, 2013 7:00 PM

Jun 2012
That was hilarious. Reminds me of Hataraku Maou Sama.
Jul 7, 2013 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
Nice cap. 8/10
Jul 7, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2011
looks like I'll have to suffer though the fact that that girl's a main character. everything about her is so horrible!
Jul 7, 2013 7:12 PM

Nov 2012
This anime is awesome.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

266 by iridi »»
Mar 23, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2013

126 by bilmiyorum010131 »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:55 AM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

129 by Fatephile »»
Sep 9, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2013

137 by Fatephile »»
Sep 6, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

152 by Fatephile »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.