Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Little Witch Academia' to Get Sequel [Updated July 8th]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 9, 2013 1:41 AM

Jan 2013
Well, if we continue in this tempo, we maybe can fund a complete movie or a show :D
(well more a movie, than a show, dunno if we actually can raise millions of dollars)

Anyway

Jul 9, 2013 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
The project was funded in like 4 hours and 35 minutes. That. Is. Just. Awesome.
And there is still so much time left. It would be pretty great if a movie came out of this, or at least more episodes :D

I'm really considering backing the project with either $20 or $50 (unfortunately that's about as much as I can spare, I'm kind of poor compared to people from other countries :S). But before that I would like to know if they would be available on dvd (that's going to be the deciding point), because I don't have a Blu-ray player :/
I will probably wait for an answer to this and to see what else they are going to add (stretch goals, new options) before I make my pledge.
Jul 9, 2013 2:26 AM

Feb 2010
This is so exciting! PWAAHH! >3<
Jul 9, 2013 4:00 AM
Jun 2013
For less than one day the studio received over 170,000 $ from the fans, when the minimum was 150,000 $. This is fantastic! The kickstarter expires after 29 days, and if everything continues this way, studio Trigger will have enough money for at least an one hour movie, and may be even longer. :) This surely is exciting and I'm sure the team making LWA is even more excited and surprised than us. :D

The fans expect great things from you people, so use the budget wisely and make one really wonderful movie of Little Witch Academia!
Jul 10, 2013 10:46 PM

Sep 2011
I'll be looking forward to the series adaptation. Guess they make an enough budget for the series.
Aug 12, 2013 11:41 AM
Jun 2013
An image announcing the sequel and some questions and answers at the bottom of the page, if someone feels inspired to translate. :)
http://i.imgur.com/Di9xo6c.jpg
Aug 12, 2013 12:53 PM

Jan 2011
Atemues said:
An image announcing the sequel and some questions and answers at the bottom of the page, if someone feels inspired to translate. :)
http://i.imgur.com/Di9xo6c.jpg

interview said:

Q:Please introduce yourself

A:My name is Handa Shuuhei, I'm an animator.

Q:How did you become an animator?

A:I was lucky. I'm really grateful.

Q:What work left the biggest impression on you?

A:Tokyo Godfathers. People that haven't seen it, should definitely
watch it.

Q:What's this image about?

A:Yesterday LWA2 was announced, so I tried to draw Akko, the protagonist. It's Twin Shiny Arc.

Q: Please leave a message to the readers.

A: Please continue supporting Trigger works.

Also
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-12/little-witch-academia-tokyo-event-cancelled-due-to-low-ticket-sales
VioLinkAug 12, 2013 2:14 PM
[center]
Aug 12, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2007

This wasn't popular at all in Japan, so I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised. This is more of an extremely western-pandering cartoon rather than an anime.
Aug 12, 2013 1:11 PM
Oct 2010
Yvese said:
Rebas said:
Kicktraq is showing projections beyond 1 million. Whatever the amount it will end up with, it will clearly be much more than 150,000.

They'll probably be able to make several episodes or a movie, and it'll be a good thing for the anime industry and its relationship with western fans. Should result in more and more anime catering to western fans.
The last thing the anime industry needs is to cater to an audience consisting of 99.9% pirates.

I'm going to be brutally frank with what I have to say here but do you have any business sense at all? Many of those pirates can be turned into paying customers with the right approach and pricing.

Infact, I'll just use an example. Look at valve's situation with the Russian video game market.
Aug 12, 2013 8:10 PM
Sep 2012
Many people didn't know about the event. Even me lol. Some people don't even know what LWA is here in japan. Even fantasista doll is more known than this lol.

They could have done this shit in the US where most of the people who pitched in on the little project are. They would've sold those 200 tickets in a flash.
Aug 12, 2013 8:17 PM

Nov 2008
bippo said:
Many people didn't know about the event. Even me lol. Some people don't even know what LWA is here in japan. Even fantasista doll is more known than this lol.

They could have done this shit in the US where most of the people who pitched in on the little project are. They would've sold those 200 tickets in a flash.

LOL

Yeah people would've killed for those tickets in the US and EU.

Aug 12, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
This wasn't popular at all in Japan, so I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised. This is more of an extremely western-pandering cartoon rather than an anime.
ANN again reported only the partial story. Heck, even the source Yaraon, quoted by ANN and not known for rigorous journalism, gives a good reason on its report: The Tokyo event is scheduled to take place on Aug 22, which is a weekday - Thursday and the event is supposed to end at 1am when all the trains and metros will have stopped running. I agree that LWA is not as popular in Japan than in the west, but at least ANN should have pointed out the date/time of the event so that the reader of the article can make the judgement himself instead of jumping to conclusion that the poor response must have been due to low popularity alone.
symbvAug 12, 2013 10:21 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 12, 2013 11:50 PM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
ANN again reported only the partial story. Heck, even the source Yaraon, quoted by ANN and not known for rigorous journalism, gives a good reason on its report: The Tokyo event is scheduled to take place on Aug 22, which is a weekday - Thursday and the event is supposed to end at 1am when all the trains and metros will have stopped running. I agree that LWA is not as popular in Japan than in the west, but at least ANN should have pointed out the date/time of the event so that the reader of the article can make the judgement himself instead of jumping to conclusion that the poor response must have been due to low popularity alone.

It resulted in 88 comments for the "article" on ANN. I don't even need to read the comments to know what is being said in there... it'll all be based on "Japan having shit taste" and that elitist attitude anyway. What a shame...
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Jun 2013
At least Trigger staff alone said they're always aiming to make animes that they themselves would watch and don't try to make shows that will be liked separately in Japan or by the western audience. So I hope the cancellation of this event won't dispirit them too much. Kill La Kill seems like a more mature anime series, so I guess it'll do better and be popular in both parts of the world.
AtemuesAug 13, 2013 2:11 AM
Aug 13, 2013 12:06 AM
Oct 2010
Ejc said:
symbv said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

It resulted in 88 comments for the "article" on ANN. I don't even need to read the comments to know what is being said in there... it'll all be based on "Japan having shit taste" and that elitist attitude anyway. What a shame...

lol it's funny you say this because that was the first comment.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.