Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2009 4:50 PM
Apr 2008
All the streamed videos of Maria Holic episodes that I knew about are now down because of copyright infringement, even though it hasn't even been licensed in America yet. Aren't they being a bit extreme? Fansubs, after all, were partly how Haruhi became so popular in the West.
Jan 15, 2009 8:15 PM

Jul 2008
Lol, whats the point in crusading for unlicensed anime?

Speaking of that, are they shutting down fansub groups as well as streaming sites?
Jan 16, 2009 10:07 AM

Sep 2007
What streaming sites are you talking about? Because sites like YouTube have always been taking down Anime because of copyright. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with SHAFT. Ô.o
Jan 16, 2009 1:46 PM
Nov 2007
Yeah, they take down anything that's copyrighted and the copyright holders don't agree to being there.

Let's not get into the Unlicensed is an excuse for piracy/hosting it on youtube discussion though, because it isn't. You're still violating international copyright law and stealing the works from the original creators just as much.

Sorry for going offtopic but it just pisses me whenever somebody tries using "it's unlicensed" as excuse because there is none.

Jan 16, 2009 9:24 PM

Jul 2008
okand said:
Yeah, they take down anything that's copyrighted and the copyright holders don't agree to being there.

Let's not get into the Unlicensed is an excuse for piracy/hosting it on youtube discussion though, because it isn't. You're still violating international copyright law and stealing the works from the original creators just as much.

Sorry for going offtopic but it just pisses me whenever somebody tries using "it's unlicensed" as excuse because there is none.
You say this as if it hurts the anime's sales. How many people in America do you think will wait and buy a DvD of this anime with no subtitles from Japan that they have never watched(because that's the only legal way to go about watching unlicensed anime)? Nobody, that's who.

If anything, it helps the anime by opening it up to the western audiences.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that there really is no point.

EDIT: they are removed things as little as the OP and ED as well from streaming sites, it's as if they don't want anybody to see the anime in general.
DefianceJan 16, 2009 9:33 PM
Jan 17, 2009 9:55 PM
Apr 2008
Spade said:
What streaming sites are you talking about? Because sites like YouTube have always been taking down Anime because of copyright. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with SHAFT. Ô.o
They're taking vids off of every streaming site I know of; Veoh, Megavideo, Metacafe, Google Video, etc. The only site I can find with them is Dailymotion, and those are French subs. imeem doesn't have any either, but it could just be that no one's thought to upload them to there yet..

I've also heard that Shaft's issued a cease and desist to all fansubbers to stop subbing it. Has anyone else heard about it?

I really should've saved the Youtube vid while it was still up..T_T
Jan 17, 2009 10:09 PM

Oct 2007
There will ALWAYS be fansubs, just like there will always be jack asses, trolls, and rick rolling...of course thats what they said with dattebayo and naruto :P
Jan 18, 2009 2:04 AM

Sep 2007
Icy-nee-san said:
There will ALWAYS be fansubs, just like there will always be jack asses, trolls, and rick rolling...of course thats what they said with dattebayo and naruto :P

...and they were right. :p

C&Ds don't mean anything. m.3.3.w. stopped True Tears, the mysterious w.0.0.f. popped up. Rumi stopped Nabari no Ou, the mysterious imuR continued it. I don't expect there to be a Battedayo or something but you kknow what I'm saying...
Jan 18, 2009 6:48 AM
Nov 2007
I don't think it's actually SHAFT stopping it.

It's Media Factory, the publisher of Maria Holic.

Jan 23, 2009 6:47 PM

Oct 2007
hmm so this is why I couldn't find it anywhere. Interesting. Sucks because I tend to stream the first few episodes of new shows to see if they're worth the hard drive space.
Jan 23, 2009 7:00 PM

Oct 2007
okand said:
I don't think it's actually SHAFT stopping it.

It's Media Factory, the publisher of Maria Holic.

*nods*

*cough*Soul Eater too*cough*

Jan 26, 2009 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
Guys.. If you Can't Find Where to Watch Marai+Holic or Asu no Yoichi or Akikan!... just Download them.... its much more Easier... But some of the Streaming Sites has them... Well i know like alot of Streaming Sites that has them at the moment... hope they won't get remove.. =/
Jan 30, 2009 7:43 PM

Dec 2008
the site where i was watching suddenly doesnt work the videos are gonne or is just my Pc nett:| if u know from where i can down them pls let me know, thx.
Jan 30, 2009 8:25 PM

Jun 2008
Spade said:
Icy-nee-san said:

...and they were right. :p

C&Ds don't mean anything. m.3.3.w. stopped True Tears, the mysterious w.0.0.f. popped up. Rumi stopped Nabari no Ou, the mysterious imuR continued it. I don't expect there to be a Battedayo or something but you kknow what I'm saying...

The only difference in that case being that they replaced DB with real subs, instead of it being licensed (since it already was.)

Defiance said:
okand said:

You say this as if it hurts the anime's sales. How many people in America do you think will wait and buy a DvD of this anime with no subtitles from Japan that they have never watched(because that's the only legal way to go about watching unlicensed anime)? Nobody, that's who.

While, variating on the anime of course, it doesn't affect sales if its not licensed, but if it is:

A: There are more people that just watch fanusbs and don't buy the DVDs over the people who do watch fansubs and buy DVDs. And those numbers scare the anime industry bad. By removing the fansubs from existence, they can, in theory at least, bring some of those over to buying DVDs instead. (Not that it really works. Most of them would just pirate the english version of the DVDs anyways.)

B: Even if it isn't licensed, fanubs are still copyright infringement. Or, "Hey, we can sue these otaku dumbasses for distributing our stuff!" And either make money if they don't stop or build up for motive A.

C: If its an American company pulling the strings (like in the case with Reborn!) They're mostly doing it to earn cookie points with the Japanese distribution company, possibly for an easier or cheaper license.
Feb 16, 2009 2:46 AM

Jan 2008
annnnnnnnnnnnnnd i'm still streaming it online :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Mar 8, 2009

71 by Karva1 »»
Apr 5, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 26, 2008

248 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 18, 2009

103 by Swiggy »»
Mar 24, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sonja - Mar 22, 2009

155 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.