Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 6, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
I liked the idea that Mavis and Zeref were brother and sister. However, when I thought about it, the time they were alive doesn't add up.

Mavis is the first out of 3 guild-masters of Fairy Tail. Technically, guild-master 4 held the title for seven years during the time-skip and Guildarts held the title for a day, but they really don't matter much when talking about large amounts of time.

Zeref is supposed to be 400+ years old. You would need to be at least early to mid 20's to be guild-master. So lets say Mavis, at age 25 starts Fairy Tail. We know she dies at some point and hands the guild over to Precht before that. Around 40-50 years would be the max amount of time Mavis leads the guild. If you give the same amount of time to Precht, as we see him giving the guild over to makarov when he is old and makarov is about 30 then Makarov, we know for sure lead the guild for at least 50 years because he's 88.

So basically, what I'm saying, is the amount of time that most likely elapsed between Mavis's birth and the current timeline is 175 years. It would be impossible for Mavis and Zeref to have been born from the same parent(s) if he really is 400+ y/o.

I know this is Fairy Tail, and often, logic need not apply. I just thought fans might find this interesting, and maybe have some thoughts.
Jul 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2012
I personally think that Mavis is the hidden badguy/girl
Jul 6, 2013 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
johnyjohny said:
I personally think that Mavis is the hidden badguy/girl

I agree ,I remember Ivan ,Makrov son saying " lumen histories is fairy tail's darkness, soon no know the true colors " - chapter 287 pg 14

can't help but think it's a maybe mand how quickly Mavis answered to " no it is the Light of FT "
In another chapter
Aug 31, 2013 9:47 PM
Aug 2013
How can anyone ever say or even try to think that Mavis is bad, has she ever shown any signs of evil. The only thing she has done so far is cared for her guild, and even helped them. I guess if you care for people too much your looked at as "bad".
Sep 1, 2013 4:35 AM

Jun 2013
Makarov was about 40 when Purehito left the guild and left Makarov to be the 3rd master, but still yes it's odd how they know each other, probably Mavis met Zeref or something it's complicated anyway
Sep 2, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
hikitani said:
Makarov was about 40 when Purehito left the guild and left Makarov to be the 3rd master, but still yes it's odd how they know each other, probably Mavis met Zeref or something it's complicated anyway

Yeah, I just wanted to point out that the timelines don't match up, at least for the brother sister theory. I mean, Zefef seems to be immortal, so they definitely could have a history.
Jan 22, 2015 12:01 AM
Jan 2015
Yes. Mavis meets Zeref as he's bathing. Zeref is the one who teaches Mavis, Precht, Yuri Dreyar, Warrod, and Zeira their magic in the forest outside of Magnolia. They aren't siblings, but they are at least friends. Mavis actually does refer to herself as "the black mage Mavis" as a side note.
Apr 11, 2016 5:29 AM
Apr 2016
Sorry for my grammar :)

someone said that mavis was dead, yes but no , mavis has died many years ago, but because of the resurrection device or known as the lacrima, that can be found at the underground of the guild of fairy tail, her body was frozen in the lacrima but it took's a lot of time to resurrect her, but because of her magic , she made an illusion body that only her guildmates and the a person that can see spirit, and one more thing :)
mavis is not the one who made the fairy law, it's zeref, it's not mentioned in the manga but it say's there that zeref has been become a black wizard because of fairy law, even mavis has also the curse that zeref has, but the question is, why does , when macarov and laxus use the fairy law ? why does they were not being affected by the curse that zeref and mavis has ? :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.