Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2013 5:13 AM

Aug 2010
Polychrome said:
inb4 butthurt

Already have 18 people who created accounts to give a 1/10 -.-

Haters gotta hate. I can see someone not liking it (Which I don't think is possible XD) giving a 5-6/10 but a 1?? That's just pure trolling lol XD
Dec 27, 2013 5:19 AM

Sep 2010
It's so great to finally get more Gintama, i've been waiting. The movie was freaking awesome, it surpassed my expectations, and i set it high from the beginning.

I really hope Gintama will return next year.

10/10
Dec 27, 2013 5:49 AM

Jan 2008
Wow. Nothing less from the final Gintama movie. Simply perfect.

10/10
Dec 27, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2011
Amazing movie 10/10
Dec 27, 2013 7:21 AM

Feb 2008
Fun movie from start to finish, I really enjoyed it.
Dec 27, 2013 7:30 AM

Jan 2010
I'm still shivering. 10/10.
Dec 27, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2009
GORILLA! GORILLA! SATISFACTION!
Awesome reference is awesome XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SqUa9_lCsc
Dec 27, 2013 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
Finished it an hour ago and now rewatching it. 10/10, Hasegawa moment was gold.
Dec 27, 2013 8:47 AM

Feb 2012
>tfw still no news for a new season ;_;
Dec 27, 2013 8:52 AM

Apr 2009
Jeebus Christ. I haven't seen an ending that satisfying since Spartacus.

And summarize my whole opinion of the movie from turning into tl; dr:

It was Gintama, at its finest. That is all.
Dec 27, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
That was perfect, this was honest to god one of the best things related to gintama period, It was hilarious in ever way warranted out loud obnoxious laughs, it was unpredictable at all times manages to play with your expectations both for serious and comedic effect and both were done perfectly. The action while not in as high a quantity as youd expect was top notch

I Really cant express how much i loved this movie, I waited so long for it and it lived up to all my hopes for it to be. This is easilly a 10/10, how the hell will sorachi ever 1-up this

PS. Its so weird and sad seeing gintoki die, That fight and the way it ended was incredible but just seeing this character weve loved for so many episodes suffer a stab and die is just kind of sureal

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
as always Gintama never fails!
Hilarious, Dramatic and Great action.. Overall, Amazing movie..!
9/10 for me.. now i want a new season, please!?
Dec 27, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
wow, so much awesome packed into one movie, the Spyair song when they were all charging into battle was so perfect
Dec 27, 2013 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
A character voiced by Sugita Tomokazu visits his own grave? What's this sense of DEJAVU.

Anyway, awesome. It had everything I wanted. That's what a Gintama fan wants! 10/10 hands down.

Every character had its own role perfectly in the story.
It was easy to understand, so simple yet effective.
Sad and badass moments at the same time 100% Gintoki.

The scene where Old-Gintoki and Present-Gintoki are together was stunning.

Damn, how much I miss Gintama. NEED A SEQUEL FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Dec 27, 2013 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
Akanezora said:

Hell that whole fight for that matter, everything to do with that bit was incredible

might i also mention how awesome the parralells between the yorazuya and shinsengumi were in the final fight, how shinpachi was with kondo, kagura was with sougo and gintoki was with hijikata fighting back to back together.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Akanezora said:

Hell that whole fight for that matter, everything to do with that bit was incredible

might i also mention how awesome the parralells between the yorazuya and shinsengumi were in the final fight, how shinpachi was with kondo, kagura was with sougo and gintoki was with hijikata fighting back to back together.

Yorazuya and Shinsengumi together was really awesome. Tatsuma, Katsura and Takasugi's brief appearance was awesome too. The movie for me is really flawless.
DillywillyDec 27, 2013 11:56 AM
Dec 27, 2013 11:57 AM

Oct 2008
12/10!! Great story, great pun, great OST : simply Gintama
Dec 27, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Jesus Christ i had extremely high expectations for this movie but man did it blow my mind. The way they managed to balance the atmosphere between seriousness and gintama-style comedy i just loved it. The story was awesome, the voice actors have really outdone themselves pretty much everything was perfect. This was soooooo worth the long wait! I can't wait till we hear some news on the current situation and if this really marks the end of Gintama then it was a damn good one!
People are people!
Dec 27, 2013 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
renkinotaku said:

And like YamadaAoi says, there is no HEAVY shipping of Gintoki and Otae. Their moments are definitely very important, but I did not get any romance vibes from them.
yah thats the way iv felt about their relationship for a while, i feel like originally sorachi was going to use her for a love interested but after a while decided to go for the family approach. which to be honest i much prefer, gintoki kagura shinpachi and otae all as one big family is nice

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2013 12:14 PM
Dec 2012
Well I liked it but the second half was pretty much the usual plot for animated movies with nothing added to it, sadly...
Dec 27, 2013 12:25 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
>suddenly 9.13

well... that escalated quickly o.O
Dec 27, 2013 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
HaXXspetten said:
>suddenly 9.13

Wow. In one day it went up about .13 and still going up. By the time I wake up tomorrow this might be in 2nd place XD
Dec 27, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Barion-Zara said:
HaXXspetten said:
>suddenly 9.13

Wow. In one day it went up about .13 and still going up. By the time I wake up tomorrow this might be in 2nd place XD
unless people start down-voting this, which has already started, i nkow people do legitimently dislike gintama and thats fine its not for everyone, but those votes giving it 1's that have been around since before the subtitles are total bullshit

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
NotJizzyHitler said:
Barion-Zara said:
HaXXspetten said:
>suddenly 9.13

unless people start down-voting this, which has already started, i nkow people do legitimently dislike gintama and thats fine its not for everyone, but those votes giving it 1's that have been around since before the subtitles are total bullshit

I actually checked and some of them were from the same user making multiple accounts lol XD
Dec 27, 2013 1:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
it wouldn't surprise me if it reaches #1 tbh, even if I doubt it'll stay there for long

as it is right now there are still very few people who have actually seen it, so the concentration of huge Gintama fans might be a bit on the high side compared to what it will be in a few weeks, but it'll be interesting to see what it'll peak at

It's probably gonna end up somewhere around the other three top Gintama entries eventually but the next few days might push the numbers up pretty crazily, albeit if it's only for a time
Dec 27, 2013 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
Woah.. the movie's rating is going up really fast.
Go Gintama Go!!!

It probably won't be at #1 for long but still, this is awesome. I guess it's because compared to the rest of the top anime it's got a relatively small fanbase (along with LoGTH).

Dec 27, 2013 1:41 PM

Apr 2008
Akanezora said:
A character voiced by Sugita Tomokazu visits his own grave? What's this sense of DEJAVU.
On what? oo
Dec 27, 2013 1:53 PM

Sep 2011
shina_luna said:
Akanezora said:
On what? oo

saying it would be kind of a spoiler since it ruins a fake out death but if you really want to know

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2013 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Dec 27, 2013 2:00 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Dec 27, 2013 2:03 PM

Sep 2012
10/10

What the hell, is this even possible to make a movie this great ?! It's not a dream right ?!
Dec 27, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
shina_luna said:
Akanezora said:
On what? oo

saying it would be kind of a spoiler since it ruins a fake out death but if you really want to know

Wow... I just realized that. Sugita's done it again!

Dec 27, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2011
11/10 Best thing I have watched in so long.

This movie had so many moments I don't even know where to start.
Dec 27, 2013 3:00 PM
Feb 2013
This movie was LEGEND i just wrote my first review and it was of this movie go check it outtt
one thing i wondered about though? how did shinpachi's eyes get o_o than O_O again
Dec 27, 2013 3:09 PM

Apr 2008
NotJizzyHitler said:
shina_luna said:
Akanezora said:
On what? oo

Thanks, Guess I neet to watch that yet~

Just listened to the drama CD. (Too bad it's only got 30 minutes long.)
a.k.a. How to get to get To*beep* (totoro) to end up at Do*beep* (doraemon) (or Back to the Future to Bakuman) XD

Was just as hilarious as the Movie, even through I didn't even get 1/3 of the rederences. Through I was shocked, even that stupid idiot prince got an appearance....
Dec 27, 2013 3:13 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
9.16... tied with After Story and Steins now lol
Dec 27, 2013 3:19 PM

Mar 2013
I couldn't take this movie seriously , so the action parts feel kinda dull to me. but this doesn"t make this movie any less perfect. 10/10
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 27, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2011
HaXXspetten said:

It just needs to beat FMA: Broterhood and Gintama shall become King of MAL once again! But I'm totally cool with either title being on top as they are both my favorite anime (same for Steins;Gate).

We should have a countdown.

Dec 27, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
SolBlade said:
HaXXspetten said:

It just needs to beat FMA: Broterhood and Gintama shall become King of MAL once again! But I'm totally cool with either title being on top as they are both my favorite anime (same for Steins;Gate).

inb4 haters come in and give it 1s before even seeing the movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2013 3:54 PM

Sep 2011
Huge_Ego said:
SolBlade said:
HaXXspetten said:

inb4 haters come in and give it 1s before even seeing the movie.
already happening

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2013 4:02 PM

Apr 2013
Wait... How did everyone else get infected with the white plague but not Shinpachi, Kagura, Gorilla, etc?
Dec 27, 2013 4:11 PM

Jun 2013
Steins;Gate army downvoting in 3...2.. oh shit they already started!
Dec 27, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
LeosApathy said:
Wait... How did everyone else get infected with the white plague but not Shinpachi, Kagura, Gorilla, etc?

Well i guess he could only infect them with the cores but they were destroyed
People are people!
Dec 27, 2013 4:23 PM

Nov 2012
Just when i thought that Snk was the best thing this year. 3 days before the start of 2014. Thanks Gintama. Last 2 months i began to think i liked my anime shows less. Thanks for getting me back on track Gin-san. The final 30 minutes where god like. I don't know who made these fillers and this filler movie. But they sure deserve more respect than they are getting.
Dec 27, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
johnyjohny said:
Just when i thought that Snk was the best thing this year. 3 days before the start of 2014. Thanks Gintama. Last 2 months i began to think i liked my anime shows less. Thanks for getting me back on track Gin-san. The final 30 minutes where god like. I don't know who made these fillers and this filler movie. But they sure deserve more respect than they are getting.
The creator hidaeki sorachi wrote this, he gets his credit

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2013 4:29 PM

Nov 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
johnyjohny said:
The creator hidaeki sorachi wrote this, he gets his credit
He only did Gintama? I swear Naruto would do multiple murders to make him do there fillers.
Dec 27, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
Bit ashamed to say i was ignorant during the final fight and i thought gintoki won that fight off of a asspull, i completely forgot that gintoki was already infected so getting absolutely destroyed like he did wouldn't matter since only past gintoki matters

I figured that out during the epilogue but it does lead me to one praise to this film, this plotline was REALLY well thought out
JizzyHitlerDec 27, 2013 6:00 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2013 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
Bit ashamed to say i was ignorant during the final fight and i thought gintoki wont that fight off of a asspull, i completely forgot that gintoki was already infected so getting absolutely destroyed like he did wouldn't matter since only past gintoki matters

I figured that out during the epilogue but it does lead me to one praise to this film, this plotline was REALLY well thought out

To be honest, I never even thought about that until you wrote this down. Also, I didn't even see the Epilogue, fuck me. (Was watching this at like 4am).

Watched epilogue<3. More feels.
Dec 27, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2011
based sorachi
Dec 27, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
that was a glorious movie. such 10/10
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM

» Little question about the whole destruction thing...

Seadd - Jan 6, 2020

1 by SAMR030 »»
Jan 2, 2021 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.