Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Dec 31, 2014 3:42 PM

Mar 2014
Omg. Amazing.
Jan 1, 2015 12:44 AM

Apr 2014
Absolutely loved it. That opening sequence was just gold, and I'm so glad they made it relevant to the actual movie plot :-) Yes, the whole time travel thing wasn't very clear, and could have been, at least, explained better, but I never thought Gintama was an anime that was strong on serious plots. I watched this movie for enjoyment purposes, and boy did it surpass my expectations.
Honestly, I was expecting a more serious movie, but what I got instead was me laughing the hardest I've ever laughed in the span of 50 minutes. Practically every gag (and fangirl moment) left me struggling to breathe. Out of all those jokes (even the dirty ones which I found brilliantly Gintama), that last tsukkomi by Shinpachi really hit the nail on the head for me. Despite traveling through various dimensions and almost losing our main tsukkomi in the "future", Gintama still remains Gintama even on the big screen.
Jan 26, 2015 7:38 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't like it that much, although I'm a huge fan of Gintama. There was a lot of cliché and that's so not like Gintama at all. I enjoyed some moments of course, but the movie as a whole wasn't really what I'd expect from Gintama. I presume it's because it's an original movie from a popular shounen; and they tend to be not as good as the series.

What I liked the most was the Gintoki's dick appereance plus his voice; the scene of the hospital really made me laugh. That was original. And it was like shouting "censor me". Hahaha

6/10
Feb 13, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
I enjoyed it a lot! But the element of "wowwww" there isn't as much of a "wowww" as I expected or have experienced with Gintama before, though this may be because my expectations get higher and higher for Gintama XD

I have a few questions though...

1. Which Gintoki (or who) dropped the notebook with all those notes, if Gintoki is said to have immediately disappeared in that toilet in the cinema?

2. Which Gintoki dropped by the Gengai and ask him to make the time machine, if Gintoki is said to have immediately disappeared in that toilet in the cinema?

Unless Gintoki didnt disappear in the toilet in the cinema... Another time and another toilet perhaps? Lol
Feb 14, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2014
very good movie ! but i am not a fan of time travel and changing past. it would have been preferable when they doesn't showed up in his past. it destroyed the epicness of Gintokis past a little bit for me :( a flashback would have been nicer.
Mar 6, 2015 6:13 PM

Dec 2010
Very nice movie. It has pretty much everything you could want in a Gintama story. Action, humor, and drama. Although the time travel mechanics seem a little shaky to me. (How did the people from the reality he saved know that he existed, or that there was the disease he fought against?) But its a very minor thing, so it gets a pretty solid 9 for me. I lost it when only Shinpachi's glasses disappeared!

Can't wait for the new season!
Apr 1, 2015 6:19 PM

Nov 2012
Lol'd @ only Shinpachi's glasses vanishing.

SPYAIR always awesome whenever they do a OP or ED for Ginatma,and wow feel trip with the very first opening of Gintama at the end.

First hour and 30 mins: 7/10
Last 15 mins: 8/10

Should give this a 7/10,but fuck it those last 15 mins were really good 8/10.
Apr 2, 2015 6:39 PM

Aug 2013
And I jizzed in my pants~~

Damn..... That was crazy. I had difficulties to follow sometimes, but each time I was tying everything together, it was making sense. It was difficult to put it some sense, mostly because Gintama shenanigans, but you could see were the people were coming from, why they were from different timelines, etc.

The overall movie had both sad and hilarious moments. Sad was to see the strong Otae nailed to her deathbed, blind and weak. Another sad moment was to see how Gintoki death affected everyone, some more than others, but all lost something.

Hilarious moment that can really be considered to me as ''classics'' are when Kagura and Shinpachi were explaining why Gengai, Katsura and Kondo had been arrested. Man, I laughed when they showed Katsura acting edgy like Taksugi and dressing up the Colonel Sanders, but I had difficulties to breath when they showed Kondo being as stupid as ever and getting arrested for the stupidiest reason xD
Another moment that cracked me up was Gintoki smashing the fourth wall so hard when he said ''Oy! Kagura personality completely changed! They finally found some use to her VA, she totally became a tsundere!!''
Even Gintoki know that Rie Kugimiya is best tsundere :D
Also, Kagura became... really hawt brahh. It almost feel wrong :P
But oh boy, I like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I loved those GintokixOtae moments. Don't get me wrong, I know there won't be any serious romance in Gintama, I just really like the chemistry between the two. It's like they were old friends, even though they are not.

So hyped for the coming season :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 6, 2015 7:04 PM

Jan 2014
I think hasegawa still has the most unfortunate story of every character lol

great movie though good thing I timed it for the new season.
[right]
Apr 7, 2015 3:14 AM

Aug 2010
Only Gintama can pull off a movie like this. Seriously I'm just overwhelmed with emotion. Why Gintama! Why you do this!!!

There were bad points in this movie like cliches and stuff but it can be easily overlooked by the amount of enjoyment you experienced. I say that this series can go on forever as long as anime is still around. (put an unfathomable number here)/10.
Apr 26, 2015 6:12 PM

Jul 2014
A great reminder as to why I love this series <3

Glad that there's a new season airing right now just as I finished catching up :D
Apr 30, 2015 11:05 AM

May 2014
The new season just started, and I caught up in less than two weeks. ANd I can confidently say that this movie is probably the of the franchise, so far.

The movie literally epitomizes what Gintama is a set of random stories, that are either comedy or serious, usually both, that eventually mean nothing. And this movie was the perfect balance of comedy and seriousness, although, maybe a little confusing at times.

My main gripe with the movie is that Shinpachi and Kagura, 5 years in the future, really don't grow up much(mentally, not physically) through 5 years.

Aside from that, great movie, 9/10.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 27, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2013
Classic Gintama stuff :)

Damn Kagura was pretty sexy in this.

I don't think I could ever forget Elizabeth's new appearance 0.0

ODD JOBS FTW!!!
Jul 16, 2015 1:25 AM

Jan 2015
This is the best Gintama has ever been and the best movie I've ever seen! This movie had not only the best action I've seen in Gintama, but also the best action I've seen in any anime! This movie made me cry so much, it had amazing scenes, emotional scenes and of course, hilarious scenes (this is Gintama after all)! This movie has made me laugh more than I have ever laughed before, before this movie it was the Otsu arc that made me laugh the most in my life but this was even funnier. I knew that at the end only Shinpachi's glasses would disappear xD
I will be amazed if Gintama can get any better than this! Long live Gintama! Sorachi Hideaki, you are an amazing man!
Jul 18, 2015 12:32 PM

Dec 2010
This was basically everything that's great about Gintama condensed into 2 hrs. Excellent movie 9/10.
Aug 9, 2015 9:49 AM
Jun 2014
Emm... Why did Kagura and Shinpachi just transform back to their original looks in the same timeline they looked older? Some methaphorical way to show us that they're now back in character? Still makes no damn sense.
Aug 28, 2015 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
Stormen said:
Emm... Why did Kagura and Shinpachi just transform back to their original looks in the same timeline they looked older? Some methaphorical way to show us that they're now back in character? Still makes no damn sense.

Makes perfect sense. Since Chinpo (Gin) started the Yorozora again Shinpachi and Kagura went back to their Yorozora selves

Its not like they transformed back into their past selves mind you,
There're still themselves in the future, Shinpachi still has a real sword on him with his badass swordsmanship and Kagura still has the boing and curves
Oct 11, 2015 7:35 AM
Nov 2014
This is perhaps the best anime movie I have ever watched in a long time, the last time I enjoyed a movie as much as this was like back in June with Wolf Children but this Gintama movie is even better than that.

The first half of this movie was awesome, adult Kagura and adult Shinpachi was GAR at its finest. I wish we can see more them in the future Gintama sequels haha! The execution scene was amazing and funny, Okita suddenly become the government #1 enemy lmao! That was great, reminds me how funny the random side of Gintama was.

Second half was so sad man, it broke my heart to see Otae getting infected by that plague :( Shinpachi again, does really well in the drama scene like he always does. Even the future Shinpachi and Kagura is still the same old character in terms of their mentallity

The third and final half was the best part for me, the plot twist and the reveal that the future Gin is the one who were trying to save the town was amazing. The scene when the entire crew charged right into the battlefield + with Spyair song on the background...

Oh how I love Gintama, 9/10 from me.
Oct 17, 2015 5:22 AM
Nov 2014
I swear I wasn't crying towards the end it must've been some rude ninjas who snuck into my room cutting onions again.
On the actual movie, though, I thought it was great. Everyone's aged selves cracked me up, and there was that perfect balance of seriousness and hilarity as always, plus some nice action. Animation quality was :^O
To sum it up, an incredibly emotional experience. Now, onto the series that's currently airing, I guess. I've been marathoning too fast. //lies down//
Good at offending and bad at letting things slide.

Nov 3, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2015
Finally got around to watching the movie, and it was amazing!
:)
Nov 8, 2015 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
This movie is described by one name GINTAMA IS GINTAMA, Sad, splendid,Funny,depersessive and amazing story, yorozuya forever !! :))
Nov 12, 2015 6:20 PM
Nov 2013
If it was possible, I would definitely rate this movie a 11/10. Definitely enjoyed the movie. One of the greatest anime movies I've ever seen.

The humor was as funny as every. Especially that Shinpachi-glasses moment at the end. There are no characters in the Gintama series that you can not love. I've learned to love them all :D

Rewatch value: very high :D
Nov 21, 2015 8:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Great movie. It had great comedy and drama throughout. I loved how they utilized all of their supporting characters to make the film feel like a tribute to the Gintama series. Also, great animations!

5/5
Feb 7, 2016 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
I really wish someone would license this on blu ray in the west so I can give money to gorilla sensei for this masterpiece. It has everything awesome about Gintama combined in to 2 hours.
beats are there to be broken
May 3, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
the plot itself has lot of holes
but anyways, this is Gintama
I watched it for the lols XD

also for (finally) tsundere Yorozuya no Gura-san da!!

too bad she lost her "aru-aru" while still a tsundere XD

Jun 8, 2016 6:33 PM

Nov 2014
Absolutely a masterpiece. Best movie ever.

It was packed with so much emotion, comedy, and action.
Hi there
Jul 16, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2012

I'm so emotional right now, Yorozuya fam is eternal ♡
Jul 19, 2016 4:11 PM

Jul 2011
I laughed. I cried. I jumped out of my seat. I laughed some more. I cried some more. I smiled. This is why I watch anime. Couldn't ask for more.
Jul 24, 2016 2:20 AM

Jul 2016
I cannot explain my love for this movie. Oml.

I had high expectations for this and it still blew me away. Everything from the character design, to the time travel plot, to the movie pirate gag at the beginning, I LOVED!

Yes, there are a couple of plot holes but I'm willing to look past that since the movie was amazing. It made me laugh and cry at the same time and my mother who walked in on me watching thought I was crazy.

Thank you Sorachi and all the staff who worked behind the scenes to bring this into the world. :')
Aug 20, 2016 6:24 AM
Aug 2016
future kagura is so beautiful <3
Aug 22, 2016 12:27 AM

Jan 2015
Even when rewatching this movie, that promise scene still gets to me and the Joui War scene still gives me chills!

EDIT: Celebrated New Years by watching this at like, 1 or something AM. So much fun. Not the best anime film I've seen, but it's still goddamn fantastic.
WizilizJan 29, 2017 2:20 AM
Sep 9, 2016 1:02 AM

Oct 2015
future shinpachi and kagura were super cool though. The movie was typical with long speeches and monologues about protecting and more protecting. Urgh thats why Gintama has not scored more than 8 to me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 20, 2016 11:26 AM
May 2016
this was legit the best thing i have seen all month and it will probably stay that way until i catch up with gintama 2015

amazing movie 10/10

one of the few anime movies i enjoyed this much
Jan 7, 2017 7:22 AM
Feb 2014
For those less than 100 people who are not immersed in the Gintama wave,
YOU ARE NOT ALONE

To a non-Gintama fan (which is extremely rare in anime community) this is just another Keroro movie with Gintama's title and a bit more humor.

END

P.S.
If you don't agree,you are free to explain your reasons of loving this movie to me,thanks.
May 6, 2017 4:33 PM

Sep 2010
Had this downloaded for years and finally had some time to watch this. Glad I finally did. Absolutely stunning.
May 12, 2017 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
That was really great!!!! I was pretty much going to give this a 9, but the twists threw me, and the ending was better than expected....especially Shinpachi's glasses only disappearing....I fucking died from laughter. Had that actually been the end of the series, I would have been cool with it, but I'm so happy that it isn't over :)

10/10

That was fantastic.
unmemorableheroMay 12, 2017 5:41 PM
Jul 17, 2017 12:00 AM

May 2013
tosshy and eli lmao

future shinpachi, kagura & sougo <33

this anime is so confusing af but at the same it's so epic x3
skyskyferJul 17, 2017 12:51 AM
made by bunnyama
Aug 16, 2017 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
I couldn't even count for how long and often my mouth was standing open because I couldn't believe what I saw. Future Kagura and Shinpachi the first appearance of them was so god damn epic holy shit.

This movie was just brilliant, so much twists where I didn't knew what would happen next. So much scenes where tears just flood over my face, especially with Otae or when Kagura and Shinpachi realized Yorozuya was gone ;_;

At the same time soooo much scenes where I just laughed my ass off. The future character design was on point definitely :D

Also very interesting to see something from the past which had also an impact on the future. Hopefully they will show more in the other 2 seasons I will watch next :D

Tbh I am a little bit overwhelmed atm. Gintama really is an master piece, if I could give 100/10 I would do it :)

To every person who hasn't seen the movie. DO IT! NOW!

10/10 <3

Sep 5, 2017 2:12 PM

Nov 2015
How can I describe what I feel ? Death is easier tho <3
Dec 26, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't think time travel would go well with Gintama, but thankfully I was wrong. See everybody in the future was pretty cool, and the fights were pretty cool.
Feb 2, 2018 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
Really good movie,especially plotwise and easily amongst the best stuff Gintama has offered in that regard.

It was also funny as always and had some badass action.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 24, 2018 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
What a rollercoaster of emotions.
10/10
Apr 21, 2018 2:36 PM

Oct 2017
Man these versions of Shinpachi and Kagura are way more interesting than their original one's..

Solid movie but the last part felt a bit forced and too easy
Aardwolf94Apr 21, 2018 3:45 PM
May 4, 2018 4:18 AM
Jan 2016
This movie can either be canon or not because it doesn't really contradict the series tbh, however for the sake of this movie its a what if situation. i only say can because it fits in the timeline pretty well, and written by the manga author however good to enjoy this its own thing tbh.

However i loved this movie
Sep 23, 2018 1:16 PM
Mar 2018
It's too late to post this reply, because I have already completed the manga and the anime series is nearing its end; it was good to see the old Sunrise logo, while it still owned Gintama before outsourcing to BNP!!!!!! Well i really loved the concept of the movie, although a little confusion was prevailing, but the comic timing was perfect and when when we thought the main enemy was taken down, we got to see some awesome sword fighting skills of Gintoki and gang not as the Joui but as the Yorozuya!!! The most highlighted moment; it has been used in the cover of the TV anime as well, both the present and past Gintokis; standing side by side slicing their mummy opponent!!!! Yeah and the timeskip versions of Shinpachi and Kagura in the movie were way better than the timeskip versions of the manga and the TV anime.
Oct 12, 2018 1:38 PM

May 2018
Rewatched this a moment ago after four year and man, THIS is the Gintama why I've started watching the show in the first place.
I had to readjust all my scores of the "Battle at Rakuyou" arc and all seasons after that by a little because clearly, they don't compare (except at some times) to neither the previous seasons nor the movie.
It had that perfect mix of comedy, action and memorable moments I missed at times during the Silver soul arc. Plus Spyair during the final clash and another kick ass ED.

If by ANY chance Sorachi screws up the finale of the manga (which I don't think), I will regard this movie as the true final episode.

Nov 19, 2018 5:16 PM
Jan 2017
wow this great movie of gintama,, the parody comedy is very funny,, bt the best is the great change of kagura and shinpachi after 5 years gintoki death.. the fight is epic , at last gintoki work together with himself from past,,
Dec 15, 2018 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
This was a great movie with funny moments and badass scenes.

Loved the ending. Only Shinpachi's glasses went.

Apr 15, 2019 12:08 PM

May 2015
I love how just shinpachi glasses went to the past. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 10, 2019 1:08 PM

May 2016
I always thought Kagura and Shin would turn out to be great people in the future but I guess I was wrong those two need to stay true to themselves.

I kinda guessed the virus midway through but I thought Gin chan was the cause to it not another virus you know how everyone's hair turned white.

It was definitely a great movie and seeing the Shinsengumi grow up was cool as well not to mention Zura turned dark and damn Eli is a real beast now.

overall I think its a must watch if you are into the series like me I give it 8 out of 10.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM

» Little question about the whole destruction thing...

Seadd - Jan 6, 2020

1 by SAMR030 »»
Jan 2, 2021 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.