Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2013 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
SolBlade said:
Gintoki made me feel bad for torrenting the movie. That's anti-piracy done right :P

Gintoki would be glad that we watch his movie at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2013 11:55 PM

Jun 2010
SolBlade said:
Gintoki made me feel bad for torrenting the movie. That's anti-piracy done right :P

Well.. at least because of pirating we give your movie 12/10... So it's a pretty good trade, right Gin-san??
Dec 31, 2013 2:54 AM
Aug 2012
lionheart04 said:
the way they foreshadowed tama and madao missing in the future timeline was amazing because you'll just laugh at first because they're so different from what they are.

3D = 3 Dango
Future Kagura
Gintoki and Past Gintoki fighting together

My expectation is blown, I won't mind if this is the real conclusion to the anime. 10/10

hell no!
cuz we never had enough of Gintama
btw when I look at the rank...
holy cow! well...of course thats expected already...
this movie one of the best I ever watch
praise the gorilla! and the trolling master...Gin-san!
Dec 31, 2013 3:01 AM

Jan 2013
Kagura looked soo kewl o_X
Dec 31, 2013 6:51 AM
Dec 2010
This.Movie.Is.Awesome.

Honestly, can't remember the last time, if any time, one single movie made me cry that much from laughter while also having scenes where I cry from sadness. From "Colonel Sander Liger" to Shirotaesan, this was just the perfect movie.

And now even more than before I want another season, though given the sales of the movie so far, that shouldn't be too far off.
Dec 31, 2013 8:22 AM
Dec 2012
Amazing, what else to say...
Dec 31, 2013 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
Beautiful movie! It is the Best Anime of the Year for sure. I'm glad to see Gintama & co. again. Kudos to Sunrise, especially director Fujita, and original creator Shorachi for this wonderful collaborative work. This series really follows Inuyasha as two of the best Sunrise's long-running shounen adaptation to date. 10/10
ThangLongDec 31, 2013 1:08 PM
Dec 31, 2013 11:16 AM

Jan 2008
This was the most amazing thing I've watched this year.
Dec 31, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2011
well the story was ok enough to keep me entertained an i got a few laughs out of it, the action scenes were meh... its still about the good guys beating up a bunch of no name fodders an as expected eyepatch main villain is still giving 0 f*cks
i gotta say that 10 minute start was boring an not funny at all

ill give this a 6/10 an with this im done with Gintama franchise
Dec 31, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2011
silversaint said:
well the story was ok enough to keep me entertained an i got a few laughs out of it, the action scenes were meh... its still about the good guys beating up a bunch of no name fodders an as expected eyepatch main villain is still giving 0 f*cks

I'm surprised you watched this at all, considering the low ratings for Gintama's main series...
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Dec 31, 2013 7:57 PM

Jul 2013
Gigglepud said:
silversaint said:

I'm surprised you watched this at all, considering the low ratings for Gintama's main series...

He has a lot of patience? Some people have completion personality. He also loves dbz, so he does have patience.

But.....his complaints about the movie are problems in dragon ball as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
silversaint said:

You should rewatch DbZ then. All your problems = the same shit lol.
Dec 31, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
Well fuck.
I knew I shouldn't watch this, now I feel like there's a hole in my life.

I guess I'll have to finish the first season and watch the second season soon enough.
Back when I first watched the first season there was a lot of episode untranslated so it was kinda hard to follow since sometime it could take months for a single episode to be translated.
By the time those episode were translated I was barely not watching any 'big' series anymore but I always kept very good memories of Gintama.

And now it's over.

Sigh.
Dec 31, 2013 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Huge_Ego said:

He has a lot of patience? Some people have completion personality. He also loves dbz, so he does have patience.

But.....his complaints about the movie are problems in dragon ball as well.

i wouldnt call myself completionist seeing as i didnt bother in finishing Jigoku Shoujo, Kami Nomi Sekai (whatever), Sekirei, Gintama Enchousen (even though i am only missing like 7 or 8 eps) an a few others

Tyrel said:

You should rewatch DbZ then. All your problems = the same shit lol.

naaaah aint worth rewatching an old, dated an repetitive show like DBZ, rather watch something new, kinda like with Angel Beats it was quite good back when i first watched it years ago ignoring many of its flaws but if i watched it now id probably think its crap same with DBZ... also 6/10 isnt shit for me there was some stuff i enjoyed in the movie
silversaintDec 31, 2013 9:37 PM
Dec 31, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2008
silversaint said:
also 6/10 isnt shit for me

I fucking know right.
Some people think that a 5 or a 6 is a very low score when it's actually what you should put for an average to near good show. People that can't use the full scale correctly are part of the reason why there's a lot of 'overrated' show on MAL.
Dec 31, 2013 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
Shangetsu said:
silversaint said:

I fucking know right.
Some people think that a 5 or a 6 is a very low score when it's actually what you should put for an average to near good show. People that can't use the full scale correctly are part of the reason why there's a lot of 'overrated' show on MAL.
well that and the 1/5th rule

and let silversaint say what he wants, hes watched the show up till this point and has the right to judge it, plus from what he was saying as well as his score it sounded like he found some enjoyment in this.

though silversaint man i really admire your patience, like i think long running shows like gintama are the only shows that its ok to drop and you had given it more than enough a fair chance to drop it and say its not your thing more than a hundred episodes ago, way more than i could withstand
JizzyHitlerDec 31, 2013 9:54 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 1, 2014 7:04 AM

Mar 2013
Kagura and Shinpachi's transformation was entertaining.
It's a good movie and didn't regret watching it.
Jan 1, 2014 7:29 AM
Dec 2013
silversaint said:

Hm... From what I've seen from your anime list, A 6/10 is pretty high already. I guess Gintama's lacks of plots do affect much, huh?
Well, Different person have different tastes, Gintama just isn't your cup of tea then ^^, By the way, Good job on sticking till the end of Gintama'
Jan 1, 2014 7:44 AM

Jul 2008
NotJizzyHitler said:
Shangetsu said:
silversaint said:

I fucking know right.

and let silversaint say what he wants, hes watched the show up till this point and has the right to judge it, plus from what he was saying as well as his score it sounded like he found some enjoyment in this.

though silversaint man i really admire your patience, like i think long running shows like gintama are the only shows that its ok to drop and you had given it more than enough a fair chance to drop it and say its not your thing more than a hundred episodes ago, way more than i could withstand

How did I ever say that I do not agree about the score he gave to this movie? Actually it's the opposite, I meant to highlight the way he is using MAL's score scale properly and says other people should do it too.
Jan 1, 2014 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
Shangetsu said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Shangetsu said:
silversaint said:

I fucking know right.

How did I ever say that I do not agree about the score he gave to this movie? Actually it's the opposite, I meant to highlight the way he is using MAL's score scale properly and says other people should do it too.
sorry i wasnt directing that at you, i was directing that at Gigglepud who was kind of implying a small bit of aggression in his post as well as anyone that thinks low because silversaint voted low

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 1, 2014 9:27 AM

Jan 2011
Kavierz said:

Hm... From what I've seen from your anime list, A 6/10 is pretty high already. I guess Gintama's lacks of plots do affect much, huh?
Well, Different person have different tastes, Gintama just isn't your cup of tea then ^^, By the way, Good job on sticking till the end of Gintama'

the lack of plot isnt that much of a problem compared to lenght an 250+ ep anime with no plot gets tiresome for me
Jan 1, 2014 9:51 AM

Apr 2010
best smile eveeer<3

Gintoki

1000000 out of 10
MrymuiJan 1, 2014 9:55 AM
Jan 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Gintama = ALWAYS THE BEST, ALWAYS IN THE TOP

10/10
Jan 1, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2011
I love this so much.
Jan 1, 2014 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
silversaint said:
Kavierz said:

the lack of plot isnt that much of a problem compared to lenght an 250+ ep anime with no plot gets tiresome for me
thats understandable, though i feel like with a show like gintama it shouldn't be looked at for a overall plot to tie things together but rather the individual plots to the short arcs or stories they tell episodically

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 1, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2011
After this movie, I wonder how old Gintoki really is?! o___o

Jan 1, 2014 3:39 PM

Mar 2008
sooo good...
loved it!
Jan 1, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2013
A movie that lived upt to the hype. Perfect movie, all that we love in Gintama is in there. With the sucess of the movie hope the anime returns this year.
Jan 1, 2014 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
Anna_Hiwatari said:
The war ended 10 years ago according to the movie(they said 15 in the future so subtract a 5), gintoki looked like he was 16-20 so hes somewhere between the late 20's to early 30's

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 1, 2014 5:34 PM

Oct 2011
Where is tokiyashiro?
Jan 1, 2014 5:35 PM

Sep 2011
Polychrome said:
Where is tokiyashiro?
he was the main villain, he only showed up near the end, as in the very end, as in the last frame, hes just that good a villain

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 1, 2014 9:39 PM

Jul 2010
Too damn amazing. 10/10 as always.Not much to talk about, perfect in every way.
Jan 1, 2014 11:33 PM
Dec 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Anna_Hiwatari said:
The war ended 10 years ago according to the movie(they said 15 in the future so subtract a 5), gintoki looked like he was 16-20 so hes somewhere between the late 20's to early 30's

For more details, Check episode 9 of Gintama first season, At the end of the episode, There's a Ginpachi Sensei's lesson about Gintoki's age
Jan 2, 2014 3:16 AM
May 2009
Great Movie, Love the ending. Even at the end there is a punchline.
But yeah felt disturbingly uncomfortable with the lack of a closing punchline after the music like in the Benezakura Hen.

But there are some unanswered questions in relation to some of the clips from the movie. I am also waiting for the shiroyasha origin movie. Damn trailer has been teasing us for to long.
Jan 2, 2014 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
Anna_Hiwatari said:

Yeah, I thought about it like that too. But yet, in the war he seems quite mature for a 16-year-old xD
On the wiki and his MAL page, it says that he's in his 20's.. :/ and Toshi is around the same age as him *-*

Jan 2, 2014 1:45 PM
Nov 2009
Gintoki is a twenty-something and always will be. As the Kyuubei birthday episode demonstrated, this isn't a series where the characters ever age. If it were then we'd already have Gura-san in the normal universe by now.
Jan 3, 2014 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
I expected this movie to be fucking amazing but it still blew my mind away.
so much love for the Gintama series and its amazing characters <3
Jan 3, 2014 12:20 PM

Feb 2010
Every minute of this movie was pure perfection and there is nothing else to add.
10/10
Jan 3, 2014 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
ill give this perfect score if they tell more stories about Takasugi and Shouyou sensei
and sihinsengumi past
Jan 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
The first half of the movie was damn perfect, easily 11/10. Future Shinpachi and Kagura were damn awesome.

I was disapointed by the second half, the story didn't really convinced me.
- why did he bring Gin 5 years in the future instead of .. I don't know ... 1 month? 10 days? 1 day? Was it really necessary to wait for half the earth to die?
- Temporal travels lack rigour. I know it's not steins gate but ... well ...
- I found the overall plot kinda weak

9/10 for me.

Plus I can't imagine it getting a better rank than FMAB. Come on, FMAB is a masterpiece of 65 episode.
short_reviewJan 3, 2014 3:37 PM
Jan 3, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2011
Kagura looks freaking amazing in the future. Even Shinpachi looks good lol
Future Kagura as a Tsundere hahah KuguRie doing the best she knows to do.

Anyways, it was a fantastic movie, probably I'm gonna re-watching it soon.
Jan 3, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2008
short_review said:
The first half of the movie was damn perfect, easily 11/10. Future Shinpachi and Kagura were damn awesome.

I was disapointed by the second half, the story didn't really convinced me.
- why did he bring Gin 5 years in the future instead of .. I don't know ... 1 month? 10 days? 1 day? Was it really necessary to wait for half the earth to die?
- Temporal travels lack rigour. I know it's not steins gate but ... well ...

9/10 for me.

It's impossible to tell how time travel works but I guess that five years was the time it took to construct that time machine.
Even if the machine could go back to the past, it couldn't bring Gintoki in a future where it didn't exist yet. Going to the past is easier than going to the future. It's very likely that Gintoki couldn't have arrived earlier than five years for that reason.

Overall the time travel was handled nicely, it just didn't infodump us on how it worked but they established some rules for it and used them correctly.
Jan 3, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
short_review said:

Plus I can't imagine it getting a better rank than FMAB. Come on, FMAB is a masterpiece of 65 episode.

Nope,FMAB is good but overrated anime, face it.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Jan 3, 2014 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
Sidholun said:
short_review said:

holy shit enough with this crap, stop comparing things that have absolutly no similarities aside form being ranked near eachother on a obscure fan site aimed at an audience well outside the geographical target group for a bunch of cartoons

Its fucking infuriating

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 3, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Sidholun said:
short_review said:

holy shit enough with this crap, stop comparing things that have absolutly no similarities aside form being ranked near eachother on a obscure fan site aimed at an audience well outside the geographical target group for a bunch of cartoons

Its fucking infuriating

I can compare fun factor.
And I will.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Jan 3, 2014 10:03 PM

Jul 2008
NotJizzyHitler said:
Sidholun said:
short_review said:

Its fucking infuriating

Amen.
About time people learn that MAL's score ain't worth shit.
Jan 4, 2014 2:09 AM

Apr 2012
The best anime movie I've ever seen. A masterpiece.
Jan 4, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2013
Sidholun said:

"Nope, Gintama is good but overrated anime, face it."

It's really easy to throw this kind of sentence without any argumentation. But I doubt it sounds like you or me won a debate or anything.

All in all it's all about personnal tastes.
short_reviewJan 4, 2014 7:41 AM
Jan 4, 2014 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
Wow. I was very impressed. The movie holds up perfectly to the series. In fact, it's even better than a few of the arcs in the series.
I loved how they put the first opening at the end. It brought me back to 2007 when I started watching Gintama.
The only complaint I have is that I think most of the characters overreacted to Gintoki's death in the future and maybe it was a little too serious sometimes. Otherwise freakin' amazing and I hope the series comes back sometime. This movie does not work as a conclusion.
Jan 4, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2011
Perfect movie. The music, the twists, the drama, the action... everything was amazing. I was kept entertained throughout every single second... a movie has never done that for me lol. The opening especially was hilarious, I thought the blu-ray came with a federal warning about recording movies until gintoki showed up. Gintama has earned its rank, and this movie just adds to that.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM

» Little question about the whole destruction thing...

Seadd - Jan 6, 2020

1 by SAMR030 »»
Jan 2, 2021 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.