Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2013 2:14 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just got back from Ikebukuro, the movie was absolutely amazing!!!!! The moment the usual anti piracy thing they put before every movie started playing, I was sure Gintama would make fun of it. Got trolled for a bit, but they sure did!!! XD And not only that, they turned eiga-doroubo (movie thief) into a huge plot device XDDD

Anyway, not sure how much spoilers I should put here (even though it's a discussion thread).. but I'll just say, it had anything you'd expect from Gintama, tears and laughs, dirty humor.. it was purely awesome. Lots of sword action too... epic music!!

LOOOOVED it!!!! Too bad it had so little shiroyasha and JOY4, but it was still great. Especially on the big screen... I'm still all excited *___*

Maybe I'll go watch it again on Ladies Day when it's only 1000 yen xD
Jul 6, 2013 2:44 AM

Jun 2012
Ahhhh, your post just makes me more excited!!!

Any hint for a new TV series maybe? :>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2013 3:08 AM

Jun 2013
I wanna watch it so bad!
Jul 6, 2013 3:12 AM

Oct 2008
Just one question if I may.. Did they say anything about this movie being the finale? Or anything about the series coming back?
Or was that not mentioned at all?
Jul 6, 2013 3:28 AM

Jul 2007
There was nothing about the tv anime that I could detect, unless it was some kanji I can't read and didn't notice, there was nothing =( After the (awesome, may I add) theme song for the movie at the end credits, they played PRAY with lots of stills from the anime since the beginning, but there were no announcements (again, that I noticed). The crowd went into absolute silence at the end until the lights went on, so there was no reaction to the credits that could clue me in.

I don't think it's the end, it seems quite popular in Japan. The cinema was packed (luckily I bought my tickets last week so had great seats), there were tons of ppl waiting outside for the next screening. And the merchandise, oh the merchandise.... they gave some nice gifts (when I bought the tickets I got a clear file of the movie yoruzuya poster and they handed a book with sketches of the movie designs at the entrance today), and animate had bunch of new merchandise and a whole floor dedicated to Gintama with tons of merch, gallery of movie sketches, messages from the seiyuu and a place for the fans to write messages (there was hardly a space left there) and that floor was of course also packed with fans!!

Actually there was a long line at the stairs for several floors to get to the Gintama floor (they had some kind of lottery I think ^__^)
myth720Jul 6, 2013 3:36 AM
Jul 6, 2013 3:40 AM

Oct 2012
myth720 said:
when I bought the tickets I got a clear file of the movie yoruzuya poster

Aw, nuts, I must have missed that one. I shouldn't have bought my ticket at the Kineco machine.

I agree though, I don't think there was a single seat left for any of the screenings today, and I don't think the anime will get less popular anytime soon.
Jul 6, 2013 9:07 AM

Jul 2007
I posted a spoilery summary of the movie at the LJ comm: http://gintama.livejournal.com/1265830.html

But I recommend to wait and watch unspoiled if you can hold it, it's so worth the wait! :)
Jul 7, 2013 5:59 AM

Mar 2010
MY BODY IS READY
Jul 10, 2013 4:13 PM

Mar 2013
I'm not clicking I'm not clicking >_<!! Oh my god I want to see it so badly ;_;

A whole floor dedicated to Gintama :O I would have loved to see that lol, any chance of a picture maybe xD?????
Jul 10, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2010
qq.. Need a trip to Japan..

Jul 11, 2013 2:34 AM

Jul 2007
lovepulse said:
I'm not clicking I'm not clicking >_<!! Oh my god I want to see it so badly ;_;

A whole floor dedicated to Gintama :O I would have loved to see that lol, any chance of a picture maybe xD?????

The gallery itself with the sketches from the movies and the seiyuu's signs/messages were not allowed to be photographed, but all the other stuff (well, not the merchandise) are in pictures I put in my twitter account: https://twitter.com/bakuchi_dancer/media/grid
Jul 19, 2013 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
Damn this isn't looking good. QQ Doesn't sound like there'll be anime, guess it's time to move on to manga. Q_Q /brokenhart
Jul 27, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2009
So it's not ending? Thank God.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2013 8:20 PM
Jul 2013
I'm going to start reading the manga starting chapter 411. Takes place right after the finale of school of beam saber arc. I really hope they don't keep us in the dark for too long and release some info for the anime.

Can't wait for the movie to come out in subs!

P.S i would recommend this link for those trying to find a good spot to start reading the manga. http://www.yorozuyasoul.com/gintama/arcs.

My theory is that the anime studio wants to wait till Sorachi publishes more arcs since there are only 7 after the end of school of beam saber arc. Until then hang in there! I know the wait sucks
asdasdasdasdasAug 12, 2013 8:27 PM
Oct 6, 2013 5:36 AM
Oct 2013
Sheer_Khuwat said:
I'm going to start reading the manga starting chapter 411. Takes place right after the finale of school of beam saber arc.

thanks for this, was looking for the chapter to continue on manga, and yeah this my first post, signed just to do this haha sorry bout that.

Has there been any announcements on when the DVD sales? that means subs online will come soon right?
Oct 6, 2013 5:52 AM

Sep 2011
TruReader_pfft said:

Has there been any announcements on when the DVD sales? that means subs online will come soon right?
December, not much longer to wait

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 13, 2013 9:07 PM
Jul 2013
TruReader_pfft said:
Sheer_Khuwat said:
I'm going to start reading the manga starting chapter 411. Takes place right after the finale of school of beam saber arc.

thanks for this, was looking for the chapter to continue on manga, and yeah this my first post, signed just to do this haha sorry bout that.

Welcome to mal! It usually takes up to 6 months for the movie to come out in DVD and a little while longer for it to be subbed. Like DJIzzy said, December sounds about right.
Oct 24, 2013 6:31 AM
Oct 2011
TruReader_pfft said:
Sheer_Khuwat said:

DVD will be released at the end of dec 2013. Mind you there are some mini arcs before light saber arc, so if you don't wanna miss them, you gotta retrack a lil bit more..

Just watched the move in Singapore and gosh...
IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I love every moment!!
I think there were times where I thought they talked a lil too much, but it was okay overall..
The revelation was kinda obvious, but it still strike a nerve and I broke into tears watching the last part.. T^T
but well, being Gintama, they definitely know how to ring back your smiles and laughter! :D
Definitely worth the watch!!!

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Nov 4, 2013 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Just a question, other guys who already watched the movie told me that it heavily ships gin/tae, is that true ? i really don't hope so, those two are no more than family to me -_- and did tsukuyo get a lot of screen time?
Dec 20, 2013 3:50 AM

Aug 2012
domme008 said:
Just a question, other guys who already watched the movie told me that it heavily ships gin/tae, is that true ? i really don't hope so, those two are no more than family to me -_- and did tsukuyo get a lot of screen time?

Dec 20, 2013 6:25 AM
Nov 2011
I just watched it. It was freaking awesome. They still got it. Hell, i think they never lost it in the first place.
Dec 21, 2013 6:22 AM

Sep 2008
Gintama awesomeness.
Dec 21, 2013 10:38 PM
Jan 2010
That. Was. Amazing. It was a road of laughs, tears...and fanboying/fangirling.
Downloaded from up.b9dm by the way. I don't think it's subbed yet.
And like YamadaAoi says, there is no HEAVY shipping of Gintoki and Otae. Their moments are definitely very important, but I did not get any romance vibes from them.
At first I thought the whole deal with the movie thief was a mere warning before the movie. I was surprised they managed to segway into the story. That's Sorachi sensei. Genius.
As for the gags: who doesn't like it when Gintama breaks the fourth wall? Especially in the beginning where Gintoki says Kagura's seiyuu has finally been used in the "right way"-cough-tsundere. You guys got that joke right? xD
I did want to see a future Takasugi...but it's fine. Everything in this movie made up for what i wanted to see.
Do they really get into trouble with their Ghibli jokes? They're hilarious.
In a way, that execution scene was what brought all of the old gang together.
"The only person that can defeat me is me?" Yeah too much Kurobas lately.
I squealed all fangirl-like because of that ending. For one, the whole teamwork thing was just friggin awesome-cliched or not. If only they showed more of their past-selves taking part in the final battle. DAT SHINSEGUMI YOROZUYA COMBO. I want moooorrre.
The four embracing made me so happy. And no matter how many times they drag out the megane joke, it's still hilarious.

Biased or not. Animation quality was superb despite the fact that they said they were having trouble making the movie on time. Music was awesome as always. Story was executed greatly, and wrapped up very nicely-one of the qualities I love about Gintama. Loved it.
Indeed Yorozuya Forever...so make another anime season xD Kanketsu? BS.
shachikuakitaDec 21, 2013 10:42 PM
Dec 21, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2013
Already rank 26 before most people have even seen it.

Let us get this to top 10.
Dec 22, 2013 1:51 AM

Apr 2010
OMG I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS AFTER WATCHING IT. THE BEST GINTAMA MOVIE EVER!!

PLEASE DON'T LET THE ANIME END!!

I loved how all the characters from the past and future all combined. It was amazing!

There should've been more Kagura x Sougo actions! ;p
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Dec 22, 2013 10:14 AM

Jun 2010
Can anybody explain to me why : (warning spoiler for those who hasn't watch this)
Dec 22, 2013 5:15 PM

Feb 2012
Now that's how you do a awesome movie.

They sure did teach us how to watch movies at the beginning lmao.

I only wish we got more of them all being in future outfits (especially Kagura and Shinpachi) since somewhere in the middle of the movie, they switch back to their usual cloths.

Other than that, the movie was everything I expected from Gintama, great bloody action, troll situations, epic humor, and as always a great lesson learned at the end of the day.

Also dat execution scene was golden, and ripped Elizabeth, haha.
Dec 22, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
Oh man, I just couldn't wait and watched it raw >_<

My Japanese is a little rusty, but I understood 80% of the movie, which was quite enough for me.

Damn son, I had HUGE expectations for this movie and it sure delivered tenfold. It was everything that is Gintama and MORE! Without a doubt, one of the best animated films I've ever seen! 10/10!

And dat title... Naughty naughty, Gintama....
DrAlucardDec 22, 2013 5:43 PM
Dec 22, 2013 5:35 PM

Feb 2013
Amazing movie, I will re-watch it when other subs are out.
Dec 22, 2013 6:04 PM
Jan 2010
Archlyte said:
Can anybody explain to me why : (warning spoiler for those who hasn't watch this)

Basically, Gintoki's original method of getting "rid" of the virus, was to go to the past to destroy himself before getting the virus; thereby erasing his future existence. The method everyone helped him achieve, was to kill the person giving the virus, rather than the person who would get the virus. If you saw in the end, past Gintoki did not get the virus.
To clear up the confusion: it didn't matter if the present Gintoki got the virus again, because he would disappear in the end anyway with everyone else. All because he changed the future.
Before it gets anymore confusing, let's take Fairy Tail's advice and cease to question the logic behind time traveling. xD
Dec 22, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2012
I believe that Gintama is not gonna end yet.

Try watching 13:38 of the movie on the internet :) He even said about Sunrise should go and consult Shueisha first before doing something like Kanketsu-hen (Final Arc) :))) He even mentioned Naruto and Yamato to prove that they are not gonna end yet. I believe that this is just another troll :)
Dec 22, 2013 10:18 PM

Jun 2010
renkinotaku said:
Archlyte said:

Basically, Gintoki's original method of getting "rid" of the virus, was to go to the past to destroy himself before getting the virus; thereby erasing his future existence. The method everyone helped him achieve, was to kill the person giving the virus, rather than the person who would get the virus. If you saw in the end, past Gintoki did not get the virus.
To clear up the confusion: it didn't matter if the present Gintoki got the virus again, because he would disappear in the end anyway with everyone else. All because he changed the future.
Before it gets anymore confusing, let's take Fairy Tail's advice and cease to question the logic behind time traveling. xD

Oh.. I see now Finally I can understand
thx a lot :D
Dec 23, 2013 12:32 AM

Sep 2012
renkinotaku said:
DAT SHINSEGUMI YOROZUYA COMBO. I want moooorrre.

lolLIPopsz said:
OMG

There should've been more Kagura x Sougo actions! ;p

The movie was quite fun to watch. I especially enjoyed the action scenes.
Dec 23, 2013 1:04 AM
Apr 2012
I LOVED IT!! that was epic! The subs were a bit off and only 30%-40% made any sense -.- so i had to rely on myself with the japanese I know, unfortunately i only understood 55% of it but i completely understood what was going on.

I wanted to see more of the shiroyasha like everyone else and future Takasugi.
They need more scenes about the past with the four fighting in the joi war!!! I don't know why but I felt so glad and happy to see Takasugi as an ally not an enemy. The music was awesome, and animation quality was also amazing!

I think we can all agree that Gintama is and always will be amazing!!!
Dec 23, 2013 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
The subs are complete rubbish atm, I'll wait for another group to sub them. First time I've ever rage closed a movie window because the subs were shit.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 23, 2013 9:53 AM

Jun 2012
Oh wow we see a glimpse of Gintoki's old comrade from the war. That reunion mini arc between Gintoki, Zura, and Sakamoto was great

HybridMBLDec 23, 2013 10:06 AM
Dec 23, 2013 3:44 PM

Jun 2012
It was amazing, but there were some confusing parts and the beginning was sorta slow. I loved it though. Joi Gintoki and Katsura and Sakamoto and Takasugi are so cool! I wish they had more scenes.
Dec 23, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
Apart from the dragged on part in the beginning, this was definitely spectacular.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Dec 23, 2013 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
Aside from the subs, the movie was really beautiful...
Dec 24, 2013 1:08 AM
Mar 2013
I really loved the Movie. 10/10
Dec 24, 2013 5:17 AM

Apr 2008
Archlyte said:
renkinotaku said:
Archlyte said:

Oh.. I see now Finally I can understand
thx a lot :D

To add at that, the present one already got infected, through dormant, so he can't really get infected again, since is already.
Dec 24, 2013 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
I have only watched the first 11 episodes of Gintama, can i watch this movie or do i have to see more episodes to understand what's happening?
Dec 24, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
Psalidokrator said:
I have only watched the first 11 episodes of Gintama, can i watch this movie or do i have to see more episodes to understand what's happening?

Other than a few charecters you should be fine.
Dec 24, 2013 10:18 AM
Oct 2013
Watched it at animecenter though the sub is terrible I still laugh more than I could keep count. Best movie of the year. I will rewatch is fantastic movie again after whynot releases their sub.

Kagura is so hot!!! <3

Offtopic: what anime is this? I really wanted to watch this. Looks good.

Hyack said:
qq.. Need a trip to Japan..

Dec 24, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2012
TTATT i regret not watching this in theatres so badly... i was actually in japan at the time this was on screen but my schedule was so packed i decided not to go watch it... this would have been amazing in theatres.
Dec 24, 2013 1:07 PM
Oct 2013
Archlyte said:

Dec 24, 2013 4:57 PM

Jul 2011
OMG. I can't breathe. I'm so glad I didn't watch it last night when I first came home from my trip (and finally have access to the internet) or else I wouldn't have slept and would have been kept up from excitement. It's so angsty and so funny, so epic and badass, I have so much I can say about it because it's so good.

Seriously, the whole movie is so intense~! If Sorachi Hideaki ever decides to do an action-adventure shonen (similar to Naruto and stuff), I have no doubt it'll be even better than the big 3, considering how his plots are actually so amazing. I guess we don't usually get to see this stuff because Gintama is more crack based, but I guess because of this, I didn't expect the amount of epicness that would come from the movie.

I could go on all day about this, but I won't because I don't actually have the capabilities to put my thoughts and compliments into words.

All I know is that it has all I could ever want in this movie. 10/10.

Nothing will be able to impress me for a long time. And nothing will ever impress me more than Gintama forever.

Though my only regret is the Kagura didn't retain her dress and chest in the end. Even just the dress would have been fine~ I understand Kagura's not meant to be a normal feminine heroine, but she really does look really good in that dress :')
GigglepudDec 24, 2013 5:01 PM
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Dec 24, 2013 6:17 PM

Nov 2013
Great movie, i liked how it shed some light in the joui war(I think)

Also the four coming to help near the end was BAD ASS.
10/10
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Dec 24, 2013 6:35 PM

May 2012
I quite enjoyed this movie, and well this must have been the best movie and story line Gintama had by far! The start was hilariously well done and to actually take the character all throughout the story was just geniusly epic! The end and the buildup to the end was just amazingly well done and it was just damn great to see every character grown up and fight together!

All by all a very lovely movie! 9/10
Dec 25, 2013 5:13 AM

Feb 2012
i watched it raw and rewatched it 10 times..

how many times will i rewatched it when it have eng sub?.. my god maybe 20 times.. or watch the movie everyday

my god even though i can't understand japanese.... i can feel all the FEELS my manly tears can't stop flowing...

i laugh hard at some scenes.. i don't get the joke cuz it's japanese.. im bracing myself for eng sub.. im gonna laugh so hard it's gonna be so hard to breath or my sides will hurt again from too much laughing

bottom line is... this movie is... [THE-BEST-MOVIE-EVER!!]
i will remember this movie for the rest of my life!!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM

» Little question about the whole destruction thing...

Seadd - Jan 6, 2020

1 by SAMR030 »»
Jan 2, 2021 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.