Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, looks like the show is back. Aww how cute, a blush:

Well, the girls looks cute for their return so far imo especially in those outfits. Cute start I guess. I'll look for more to more. Pretty fireworks~

I see a new girl as well at the end. I'll assume she'll be a rival or something.
Jul 5, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2007
It's back! OP was nice (though not as good as first season's OP). 5 new characters?

Nice break from playing basketball and discussing about how to improve.

Summer festival and Tomoka was not allowed by her strict father (Okiayu-san), but her mother is allowing her.

Didn't know that it was her father he helped out. He was finally persuaded, because in the end he was just worried about her. Nice story!

Personally not like ED (not as addicting as first season's ED).
tsubasaloverJul 5, 2013 7:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 5, 2013 7:02 AM

Jul 2010
Time for the return of the "Oh~".
Jul 5, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2008
Worth the 2 year wait.

All the girls look great in Yutakas especially Hinata

Oh dear Misami, barely noticed her taking the picture, I hope that pic she took of Subaru won't be used as blackmail.

Subaru had some good karma coming when he found out the fact he recovered the glasses from Tomoka's father. Made for easier persuasion to keep Tomoka on the team.

Tsubaki and Hiiragi are really cute and quite bratty in a cute and synchronous way.

Mimi surprise at the end.

Jul 5, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
Don't know why but the ED sounds odd to me...

Anyway, they are back!

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 5, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
Any sub translating this show? Can't find 1st episode.
Jul 5, 2013 12:13 PM

Oct 2011

*w*

perfect ep~ now time to wait 7 more days until the next one ;w;

and lol even the ED song has this line now.. shougakusei wa saikouda ze~

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Jul 5, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Mokkan and Subaru holding hands?!
YES! *Guts pose*

Tomoka is just tooo cute!!! <3

And Subaru has just been showing his Lolicon tendencies in public more and more XD

I'm glad they didn't drag the drama.
I always hate it when the parents are like that but it seems that her father was just worried about her from her trauma.

The way that girl at the end talks is cute.
Why do I feel that Tomoka will lose??
Barion-ZaraJul 6, 2013 1:06 PM
Jul 5, 2013 2:48 PM

Jun 2011
I'm telling you, this is Sora from Yosuga no Sora
Jul 5, 2013 3:59 PM

Nov 2011

This is a bit too obvious.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 5, 2013 11:03 PM
Dec 2011
It looks like a lot of things from the LN will be cut out in this season as well. This episode was adapted from the last short story in vol 6 and the OVA was adapted from the first short story in vol 6. The other short stories in vol 6 are not adapted and I'm guessing they will do the same thing with some of the short stories in vol 10.
Jul 5, 2013 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
ugh... need subs.... i'm jonesin' for some loli basketball
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jul 6, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2012
Miketsukami-kun said:
Any sub translating this show? Can't find 1st episode.

That's what I wanna know. I can find the raws but that's it.
Jul 6, 2013 4:54 AM
Jun 2008
Mattaku, shougakusei wa saikou da ze!

Nice to have this Anime back .
Darn, Subaru didn't get arrest for being lolicon >_<"
Jul 6, 2013 7:01 AM

Nov 2007
I really liked the sound of the OP. The ED sounded strange though...

Ahhh Hinata's, "Oh~". HanaKana voicing Tomoka again... just heaven, lol.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 6, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
GOSH @w@ this anime gives me smile and disgusting laugh all the time... hahaha
anyway they're baaack!!!... and dat rivals are tempting, cant wait for the moment.

anyway, someone got the pic of maho when dressing yukata and it fails?
Jul 6, 2013 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
Shih said:
I'm telling you, this is Sora from Yosuga no Sora

that my friend, is correct
Jul 6, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Finally, my beloved lolis are back. Gotta love all them SubaruXTomoka flags. And the synchrololis are cute =) Looking forward to next ep.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 6, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2011
It is back with Subaru and Tomoka flirting even more than ever not that complaining since Subaru x Tomoka is the OTP so i enjoyed it. That running towards each other to the fountain though made me wtf for a second i thought it was going to be a daydream or something.

I re-watched the first season recently after the OVA came out a few weeks back so it timed well with the new season.

Well looks like that picture will cause some trouble later but nothing that serious probably just some light blackmail.

Subaru is such a smooth bastard he already pretty much has both Tomoka's parents approval lol.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 6, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2013
Yea its back!! I wonder who that person is who took the picture.

Looks like Subaru and Tomoka are at it again lol.
Jul 6, 2013 2:26 PM

Aug 2008
Subaru has chosen his path, it seems.

And ED, I swear it sung "Loli Loli growing"
Jul 6, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Everyone is giving this a 5/5.
That's surprising.

Great episode though
5/5
Jul 6, 2013 2:30 PM

Mar 2008
One of my most awaited series of the season. Glad it's back.
Jul 6, 2013 3:02 PM

Oct 2011
Yay its back !!!

Suburu x Tomoka XD

New rivals in the OP.

Pretty Yukatas

What Natsuhi's is related to the twin characters : 0

AnimeFan500Jul 6, 2013 3:18 PM
Jul 6, 2013 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
Oh, that 33 loli seems to be from my country...

So, who takes the pictures and why ?
Jul 6, 2013 3:48 PM

Jun 2009
This series made me rediscover why I love basketball.
Jul 6, 2013 4:01 PM

Jul 2012
Anime of the year right here!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 6, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2010
-Quasar said:
This series made me rediscover why I love lolis.

FTFY ;)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 6, 2013 4:05 PM
Apr 2013
Aww yeah! Really excited to watch more of this. So cute! <3
Jul 6, 2013 4:24 PM

Mar 2013
I hereby accuse everyone who has posted on this discussion of possible hebephilia or related paraphilia syndromes.

That aside, seems like the generic plot of this season is going to be dead obvious.

Yes...yes...set up Tomoka now and have her LOSE TO AOI MUAHAHA seriously though I don't want any fraternization in this anime, and I want the side character to win.

Best part of the episode was when Subaru and Tomoka meet up, first season's OP is all playing and its all cute and then Tomoka's mom comes up with this creepy laugh that reminded me of this:
Jul 6, 2013 4:36 PM

Oct 2011
Arlia said:

Not sure who takes them but it shows special moments between them. Some anime series do the picture theme type ending. Showcasing events that happen within that episode. So each ending will correspond to that episode.
AnimeFan500Jul 6, 2013 4:41 PM
Jul 6, 2013 5:04 PM

Oct 2010
Yay more basketball lolis!

Can't wait for more Maho^^
Jul 6, 2013 5:09 PM

Feb 2012
Hiiiiiiiinaaaaaaa. <3.

Glad the show is back. Loli basketball ftw.
Jul 6, 2013 5:33 PM

Jun 2011
Arlia said:

The one that took the picture looked to be the purple hair girl on the new rival team you can see her in the opening. Why she did it would probably be blackmail whatever it is wont be for a innocent reason.

Also from the opening we can see Tomoka knew Subaru when they were both younger which will only lead to strengthening their pairing.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 6, 2013 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
The best loli guilty pleasure has returned. All hail little girls and their basketballs.
Jul 6, 2013 5:50 PM

Jun 2010
Silver haired loli. This is starting to me remind me of Denpa Onna.

Jul 6, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
As usual, counting how many time I could get Subaru arrested is more entertaining than the series itself.
Jul 6, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2011
Ahahahah~ My basketball loli are back! I like the new songs, but I thought it was very unfitting for the first OP to play when Subaru and Tomoka found each other at the festival. That, and it ended abruptly. Ah well. The chibis look awesome too, I like the new art style they did with it.

All is good except I don't like this new Yosuga no Sora loli.
Jul 6, 2013 7:52 PM

Apr 2010
Shangetsu said:
As usual, counting how many time I could get Subaru arrested is more entertaining than the series itself.

lol, well said there

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jul 6, 2013 9:02 PM

Jun 2009
Second unit start to assemble!!! Yesh!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2013 9:23 PM

Dec 2011
Mini-skirts. Mini-skirts everywhere. I approve!

Also, hopefully they'll get to the basketball next week. I enjoy cute antics as much as the next guy (who watches this show), but I really enjoy the sports moments too. Looking forward to Tomoka's match

For more impressions, including a boatload of pictures, check out my post at Random Curiosity http://randomc.net/2013/07/06/ro-kyu-bu-ss-01/
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Jul 6, 2013 10:16 PM

Sep 2012
Gotta be honest that I am not really happy with this ep.

The scene where Subaru and Tomoka met up was so awkward when S1 OP played in background, then the fountain suddenly activate, which is then stopped just for a conversation with Tomoka's mum. It was too easy as well to convince Tomoka's dad to let her continue playing basketball as if they didn't even had to put in their effort to convince him.

There might be not much contents in between but I really feel the whole ep is a bit too rushy. Maybe the production team wanna focus on other aspects of the series. To clear some misunderstandings, I am a fan of this series and enjoy S1 and the OVA really much! Maybe I am just expecting too much from S2.

Nevertheless, the OP was decent! I will be looking forward to see their meeting with the other group of girls. :)
Jul 6, 2013 11:07 PM

May 2012
wth, more shows for rorikonzu?
Haven't even watched the S1.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 7, 2013 12:46 AM

Jun 2012
winter_mint said:
Gotta be honest that I am not really happy with this ep.

The scene where Subaru and Tomoka met up was so awkward when S1 OP played in background, then the fountain suddenly activate, which is then stopped just for a conversation with Tomoka's mum. It was too easy as well to convince Tomoka's dad to let her continue playing basketball as if they didn't even had to put in their effort to convince him.

I agree with you about the S1 OP playing during that scene. That was a bit jarring and it probably could have been handled better.

However, I think the scene with Tomoka's dad was fine. Ro-Kyu-Bu is best when the comedy and slice of life elements are pertinent. Extending the conflict into the next episode or two would have increased the effectiveness of the drama but perhaps at the cost of what this show does best, which is slice of life and comedy, enhanced by great art and amazing voice acting.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 7, 2013 12:50 AM

Jan 2011
rederoin said:

This is a bit too obvious.

Finally more Tomoka x Subaru!!! Though I feel Subaru is becoming a bit too close with his loli harem which will possibly backfire.

Subaru wins over Tomoka's father just like that.
YES!!! New LOLI~~
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jul 7, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2012
more lolis..........!!!!!!!!
Jul 7, 2013 1:18 AM

Oct 2009
I'm disappointed, I was expecting Basketball + Ilsa, She-wolf of the SS. This should have been the pinnicle of Nazi Exploitation Animes. I am severely disappointed with you, Ro-kyu-bu SS. YOU HAVE FAILED

Just kidding, it was fun episode.
Jul 7, 2013 1:35 AM

Oct 2011
Nice episode. *_*
Can't wwait for episode 2.
Her father is really cool I think. I like both of her parents. XD
Maho & Airi are cute as well *__________*
Jul 7, 2013 2:16 AM

May 2010
Woah, look at the score! I am so proud of this show xD Love it as much as before.

Still, Saki is my favorite along with Tomoka and Hina. They all looked so cute in kimonos.

I don't want Tomoka x Subaru though... Aoi x Subaru would be much better for Tomoka's character development. I guess, I don't mind it either esp. when my OTP is Saki x Subaru xD

Tomoka's father is interesting. Not like your usual anime fathers...at least so far.

xD Maho in that embarrassing postion. At least she got the plushie.

I got my Saki x Subaru scene too :0

The new girl looks interesting as well.

9/10!
TragicRomanceJul 7, 2013 2:36 AM
Jul 7, 2013 5:10 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. Lolicon power xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

41 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2013

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

65 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 29, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2013

43 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 26, 2013

48 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 23, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.