Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Adaptation Project of Manga 'Coppelion' Restarted; TV Series to Start Fall 2013

New
Jul 3, 2013 6:02 AM

Sep 2012
On the cover of the latest (18th) volume of manga "Coppelion", it was announced that the anime adaptation project for the manga has restarted and the TV anime series will air this fall.

The manga was originally announced to be adapted into a TV series back in October 2010. However, after the devastation of the March 2011 tsunami which caused the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster, the material (with its background of post-nuclear catastrophe Tokyo) was deemed inappropriate in the aftermath of the incident and the project was suspended.

The manga started publishing in 2008 and is currently serialized in Monthly Young Magazine.

Source: Coppelion vol.18 cover
Previous related topic: Manga Coppelion To Be Animated
arsonalFeb 21, 2016 3:19 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2013 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, I just read the synopsis again:

Will give it a shot. Glad it's being restarted.
Jul 3, 2013 6:07 AM

May 2011
Well, this should be perfect timing consider the disaster already past. Will definitely follow this.
Jul 3, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2011
Okay so now there are 2 series from this Autumn that I want to watch.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 3, 2013 6:29 AM

Apr 2013
This looks very interesting. Might give it a shot.
Jul 3, 2013 6:44 AM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:
Will give it a shot. Glad it's being restarted.

+1 Great news!
Jul 3, 2013 6:49 AM
Feb 2012
I'm surprised there aren't more chapters translated. The synopsis, at the very least, sounds fairly interesting.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 3, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2008
Kinda sounds interesting
Jul 3, 2013 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
I remember being happy when I first heard about the news of it being animated and then disappointed about the cancellation, though I certainly understood why. Glad they're bringing it back.

Jul 3, 2013 7:20 AM

Mar 2012
Looking forward to this actually. :)
Jul 3, 2013 7:21 AM

Mar 2013
I like the premise, might be good
Jul 3, 2013 7:43 AM

Jun 2011
I thought it was cancelled so I deleted it from my list. It's time to add it again.
Jul 3, 2013 7:48 AM

Oct 2010
Good thing I never removed it from my PTW list.
Jul 3, 2013 7:56 AM

Jan 2010
Get out of here Stalker.
Ok™
Jul 3, 2013 8:11 AM
Jul 2013
why doe very anime has to be about japan ?
Jul 3, 2013 8:11 AM

Feb 2010
Good news, I was looking forward to it the first time and am doing the same again.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 3, 2013 8:16 AM

Sep 2012
Ghostbooster said:
Perhaps a better question is why do you feel such question needs to be asked LOL

Back to Coppelion, I quite like the character design in the manga, and the fight scene in it is quite tense. Hopefully the anime can bring out these strengths from the manga too.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 3, 2013 8:18 AM

May 2010
YESSSS
Jul 3, 2013 8:23 AM

May 2011
Looks good. Will watch.
Jul 3, 2013 8:28 AM
Jul 2013
symbv said:
Ghostbooster said:
Perhaps a better question is why do you feel such question needs to be asked LOL

Back to Coppelion, I quite like the character design in the manga, and the fight scene in it is quite tense. Hopefully the anime can bring out these strengths from the manga too.

i'm getting bored every anime is about a high school somewhere in japan
i would like to see one where main characters are on newyork or something like that
Jul 3, 2013 8:29 AM

Aug 2011
Sounds interesting. Except for the part about them all being girls. LOL how original.
Jul 3, 2013 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
Ghostbooster said:
i'm getting bored every anime is about a high school somewhere in japan i would like to see one where main characters are on newyork or something like that
Then perhaps you should get some Americans to start an anime studio, preferably in New York LOL

I mean, just face it, anime is made by Japanese almost entirely for Japanese - only once in a while the story may extend to a place not in Japan or some imaginary world. Highschool in Japan setting is popular in Japan, and little anime money is coming from outside Japan, why should the studios worry about you and some western fans getting bored?
symbvJul 3, 2013 9:05 AM

Jul 3, 2013 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
That's great news! I really liked the concept when I read it for the first time back in 2010, and I was afraid it would never see the light of day.

If only Despera could get moving again...
Jul 3, 2013 9:12 AM
Jul 2013
symbv said:
Ghostbooster said:
i'm getting bored every anime is about a high school somewhere in japan i would like to see one where main characters are on newyork or something like that
Then perhaps you should get some Americans to start an anime studio, preferably in New York LOL

I mean, just face it, anime is made by Japanese almost entirely for Japanese - only once in a while the story may extend to a place not in Japan or some imaginary world. Highschool in Japan setting is popular in Japan, and little anime money is coming from outside Japan, why should the studios worry about you and some western fans getting bored?

actually there's alot of people outside japan who watch anime
i think the reason is because Japanese culture is closed
did you watch k-on in that anime they can't even speak English lol
Jul 3, 2013 9:16 AM

Mar 2011
good news. glad that it's being restarted. now i want fall to come sooner.

Jul 3, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
Sounds interesting. Has Hanakana in it. No brainer. Will watch.
Jul 3, 2013 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
Now this looks pretty awesome

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jul 3, 2013 9:56 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ghostbooster said:
symbv said:
Ghostbooster said:

...and why do they need to speak English in K-ON? I live in Quebec and there are plenty of people who can't speak English.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 3, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
Ghostbooster said:
You need to take note of what I said, I said "little anime money is from overseas". Revenue from streaming like crunchyroll is tiny. Even more people watch by illegal means. Very few people outside Japan buy anime BD/DVD. Almost no money from overseas for anime related merchandise, manga/LN or collaboration projects with business.

Japanese culture may be more closed than the west, but this is not an explanation for the issue you are fretting about. The decision to put the background mostly in Japan is primarily a business thing. Such background is popular with people in Japan, who will spend money on the anime or its related products if they like what they see. It does not matter to the studios how many people outside Japan watch anime if those people are spending very little money. Just ask yourself - How much money do you spend on anime? At the end only the people who spend are the real customers and it is natural for the studios to work on something that caters to the taste and preference for these people.

If you want to blame the culture, I see American movies almost always put the background in America, and unlike Japanese anime a lot of revenue comes from outside America, should I then conclude that the reason is because American culture is closed??
symbvJul 3, 2013 10:27 AM

Jul 3, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2008
Sounds interesting. Shame it was cancelled before.
Jul 3, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2011
Hell yeah! Very good manga with a unique premise, since the translations stopped at volume one Ive been waiting to see the rest of the story now I get to see it animated! Also this is gonna be another big hit for fall.
[center]
Jul 3, 2013 10:23 AM
Jul 2013
symbv said:
Ghostbooster said:
You need to take note of what I said, I said "little anime money is from overseas". Revenue from streaming like crunchyroll is tiny. Even more people watch by illegal means. Very few people outside Japan buy anime BD/DVD. Almost no money from overseas for anime related merchandise, manga/LN or collaboration projects with business.

Japanese culture may be closer than the west, but this is not an explanation for the issue you are fretting about. The decision to put the background mostly in Japan is primarily a business thing. Such background is popular with people in Japan, who will spend money on the anime or its related products if they like it. It does not matter to the studios how many people outside Japan watch anime if those people are spending little money. Just ask yourself - How much money do you spend on anime? At the end only the people who spend are the real customers and it is natural for the studios to work on something that caters to the taste and preference for these people.

If you want to blame the culture, I see American movies almost always put the background in America, and unlike Japanese anime a lot of revenue comes from outside America, should I then conclude that the reason is because American culture is closed??

good point, i think i might be wrong but as a non japanese supporter i think that if more poeple had th chance to support their favorite anime they will
hell i pay hundred of dollars for black cat/kaze no sigma second season
Jul 3, 2013 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
I'm really tired of superhuman/super soldier/super whatever little girls but this might be still interesting enough to watch.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 3, 2013 10:48 AM

Mar 2012
Oh shit. OH SHIT! IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING!
Jul 3, 2013 10:49 AM

Mar 2011
Very good news been waiting since 2011.
Jul 3, 2013 10:51 AM

Jul 2010
Think I'll have a look at this.
Jul 3, 2013 10:58 AM

Mar 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Sounds interesting. Except for the part about them all being girls. LOL how original.
Yeah, girls are gross. Fucking Japan
Jul 3, 2013 11:04 AM
Jul 2013
SaberRitsu said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yeah, girls are gross. Fucking Japan

i honestly think that japan is filled with pedophiles
every anime i look i find at little girl who need helps for ADULT
lol you don't find those things in american cartoon maybe alot of superpowers but all cool
Jul 3, 2013 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
Ghostbooster said:
How much misconception do you hold about anime and Japan??? First you said anime is set mostly in Japan because its culture is closed (which is not the reason). Now you said Japan is filled with pedophiles - meaning US and other parts of the world have fewer? How do you (or anybody) know?

Ghostbooster said:

every anime i look i find at little girl who need helps for ADULT
lol you don't find those things in american cartoon maybe alot of superpowers but all cool
The girls in Comppelion and many manga/anime are high school age and those girls can look after themselves fine. How does it fit into the pedophile category??

Again if I follow your logic and judge a country by what appears in cartoon or comics, then I will surely conclude that America is filled with violent macho people who can only talk tough and rough or mean and sarcastic.

Jul 3, 2013 11:15 AM

Nov 2012
another post apocalyptic setting ??
hmmm it's worth to give a shot
Jul 3, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2011
Yes! I've been waiting for this. Now all I need is some kind of clue to the Savanna Game anime and I'll be good.
Jul 3, 2013 11:30 AM
Jul 2013
jmal said:
Ghostbooster said:

Don't use words you don't fully understand, and don't stereotype an entire nation of people due to your own ignorance.

yes that kind of my bad i should have use 'some'
but let's be honest don't you find weird that every girl in anime is like 7 year old
that tells something about the country it's made in and since a lot of Japanese people watch it
it's tells you something about them
but still your right i never been to japan so i shouldn't critic to much
Jul 3, 2013 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
Looks cool. Anyone who's read the manga have thoughts to share?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 3, 2013 11:39 AM

Nov 2011
Ghostbooster said:

I thought it was filled with ninjas.
Jul 3, 2013 11:40 AM

Nov 2007
Ghostbooster said:
jmal said:
Ghostbooster said:

Don't use words you don't fully understand, and don't stereotype an entire nation of people due to your own ignorance.

but let's be honest don't you find weird that every girl in anime is like 7 year old
that tells something about the country it's made in and since a lot of Japanese people watch it

LOL, this guy is trying so hard to troll. Account made today? Check.

Since when does all anime have only 7 year old girls in it? Most girls in anime are junior high or high school aged.

You need to stop stereotyping and making stupid generalised comments on other countries other than your own.

jmal said:
Ejc said:
Araby said:

Looks like an innocent poster got caught in the quoting crossfire though. =P (I assume you didnt mean to quote Araby)

LOL, my bad. But seriously, this guy (Ghostbooster)...
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 3, 2013 11:41 AM

Mar 2012
jmal said:
Ejc said:
Araby said:

Looks like an innocent poster got caught in the quoting crossfire though. =P (I assume you didnt mean to quote Araby)
I just want to be loved.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 3, 2013 11:43 AM
Jul 2013
Ejc said:
Ghostbooster said:
jmal said:
Ghostbooster said:

Since when does all anime have only 7 year old girls in it? Most girls in anime are junior high or high school aged.

You need to stop stereotyping and making stupid generalised comments on other countries other than your own.

jmal said:
Ejc said:
Araby said:

LOL, my bad. But seriously, this guy (Ghostbooster)...

i have the right to say my opinion and actually i have a friend from japan so yeah i know more than most people
Jul 3, 2013 11:45 AM
Jul 2013
guy what up all hate i'm entitled to my opnion
and just because they say it's 17 doesn't mean it's true
but anyway i'm from usa so i know what i'm talking about
Jul 3, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Ghostbooster said:
i have the right to say my opinion and actually i have a friend from japan so yeah i know more than most people
You have the right to say your opinion. We have the right to point out the absurdity and shallowness of your opinion. You have a friend from Japan does not necessarily give you more right or more insight than other people on view and knowledge about Japan. And here you definitely don't know what you are talking about.

Ghostbooster said:
guy what up all hate i'm entitled to my opnion
and just because they say it's 17 doesn't mean it's true
but anyway i'm from usa so i know what i'm talking about
Now you are being ridiculous and absurd. If they call a character 17 why do you assume it is not true just because she does not look like 17 to you?? How can we prove that those characters are truly 17 as we are talking about fictional characters not real people?? You seem to only want to interpret the age of the characters by using your own understanding. The fact that you are from USA does not lead to any conclusion that you know what you are talking about given we are talking about anime which is a Japanese product and any talk about the "truth" of a character's age is pointless.
symbvJul 3, 2013 12:01 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
23 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
25 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
60 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.