Forum Settings
Forums

New Gundam TV Series 'Gundam Build Fighters' to Start October 2013

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 2, 2013 7:22 PM
Oct 2010
morshuwarrior said:
skudoops said:
morshuwarrior said:

I'm probably the minority on this, but this looks incredibly entertaining!

I honestly would rather have this instead of Origins, maybe because, oh I don't know, origins is the same as the original 1979 series? Yeah that's probably it.

I think you are definitely in a minority (of gundam fans) at least who share this opinion. Given sunrise's animation quality, who doesn't want to see Origins re-done and (I am not sure if they are doing this) reworked to remove some of the more tedious areas.

It would indeed be great to see it re-done with new animation and in HD and I am looking forward to Origins as well, but I feel like this new title gives something fresh and original. The Gunpla OVA was far too short and I've been wanting more of it ever since I saw that.

Btw, regarding that its targeted towards kids too, I couldn't care less, as long as it's entertaining all is fine by me.

I don't care too much about the target audience, I think it will be fun watching all the old models get animated and battle it out. I was just saying I'm surprised you'd take this over a origins remake :P.
Jul 2, 2013 8:14 PM

Aug 2012
I see they are trying to go the Beyblade / Yugioh route LOL.

Buy those Gundam toys and models!

You can tell Sunrise is really trying to get those young new viewers. In Valvrave they put all that social media junk in there. They should of just put in a mechanic where the robots get stronger with the amount of "Likes" and online friends requests =P.
Jul 2, 2013 8:31 PM
May 2012
I thought it's like a sequel of Gunpla Builders Beginning G (2010)?! Hmmm...

Both SUNRISE shows air this october same time as Valvrave season 2?!

I'M IN!!
JafriZinJul 3, 2013 6:49 AM
Jul 2, 2013 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
So they're doing this the same time as Valvrave S2? Anyways...

Corpse69 said:
you had me at gundam and lost me at build fighters
Jul 2, 2013 11:15 PM

Sep 2010
morshuwarrior said:
skudoops said:
morshuwarrior said:

I'm probably the minority on this, but this looks incredibly entertaining!

I honestly would rather have this instead of Origins, maybe because, oh I don't know, origins is the same as the original 1979 series? Yeah that's probably it.

I think you are definitely in a minority (of gundam fans) at least who share this opinion. Given sunrise's animation quality, who doesn't want to see Origins re-done and (I am not sure if they are doing this) reworked to remove some of the more tedious areas.

It would indeed be great to see it re-done with new animation and in HD and I am looking forward to Origins as well, but I feel like this new title gives something fresh and original. The Gunpla OVA was far too short and I've been wanting more of it ever since I saw that.

Btw, regarding that its targeted towards kids too, I couldn't care less, as long as it's entertaining all is fine by me.

Even though I wasn't a fan of the original Gundam I would like to see what it would look like with today's animation maybe my opinion will change on the story as well.

I don't care about age ratings when it comes to my anime or entertainment either as long as it makes me happy and keeps me coming back for more its doing its job. I at least hope that the sells are better across the board than AGE which basically failed in everything except OP/ED singles.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 3, 2013 3:03 AM

Jul 2007
Exblaster said:
KayChan4U said:
And why do all the new Gundam series look so kiddish. It looks worse than Gundam Age. Probably not watching until Gundam steps their game up and gets their shit together when it was cool like Wing/Seed/00 and all the older ones.

Okay... Since you said 00 is cool, which aired in 2007, but you made no mention of the Unicorn OVA... So what you're saying is that Unicorn is kiddish like the rest of the newer gundam shows after 00... You disgust me... Not enough of that "mature" pretty boys bullshit for you? Come back again after you watch more than just SEED, Wing and 00...

00 was Asimov-inspired take on Gundam and a brilliant one at that that more than made up for bullshit that was SEED/SEED Destiny.

Unicorn was a pointless well-animated fanfic. AGE and this atrocity are just plain trash on other hand.
Jul 3, 2013 3:34 AM
Oct 2010
JeffreyZin said:
I thought it's like a sequel of Gunpla Builders (2010)?! Hmmm...

Both SUNRISE air this october same as Valvrave season 2?!

I'M IN!!

It isn't aimed at kids, especially with the large amount of adult content.
Jul 3, 2013 3:36 AM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
Exblaster said:
KayChan4U said:
And why do all the new Gundam series look so kiddish. It looks worse than Gundam Age. Probably not watching until Gundam steps their game up and gets their shit together when it was cool like Wing/Seed/00 and all the older ones.

Okay... Since you said 00 is cool, which aired in 2007, but you made no mention of the Unicorn OVA... So what you're saying is that Unicorn is kiddish like the rest of the newer gundam shows after 00... You disgust me... Not enough of that "mature" pretty boys bullshit for you? Come back again after you watch more than just SEED, Wing and 00...

00 was Asimov-inspired take on Gundam and a brilliant one at that that more than made up for bullshit that was SEED/SEED Destiny.

Unicorn was a pointless well-animated fanfic. AGE and this atrocity are just plain trash on other hand.

Unicorn is fanfic? That could be much more easily applied to 00, wing and SEED.
Jul 3, 2013 6:40 AM
May 2013
Fai said:

Better than SEED? Yeah sure definitely. But making the male characters effeminate as fucking hell is pushing it.

Pointless fanfic? What the? *checks list*
Holy fuck you gave it a 1...
ExblasterJul 3, 2013 9:25 AM
Jul 3, 2013 6:50 AM
May 2012
Chxistine said:
So they're doing this the same time as Valvrave S2?

That's exactly what I just said earlier.
Jul 3, 2013 9:40 AM
May 2013
jmal said:
To be fair, the character you chose for your example is a bit of a special case. =P

fine heres more

jmal said:
Also Gundam did the bishie thing in at least Wing long before 00...

I am aware of that but eh.. I think ZZ Gundam says hi
Jul 3, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2009
Well, I enjoyed the Gunpla Builders OVA so this might actually be fun.
Jul 3, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, I think I'll pass on it and just wait until the next series comes out in how ever many years that'll be.
Jul 3, 2013 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
Oh I missed this news earlier. So this was the announcement related to July 2nd's announcement. Oh well, I'm a mecha fan so I'll give it a shot. As for the designs, recent Gundam series are a little different for me also compared to 00 and SEED.
Jul 3, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2008
I honestly like the direction of this new anime, the same reason I liked Gunpla Builders. If they can deliver good fights without the story looking down on the viewers intellect, then this is going to be as good as any shonen competition type shows.

This is how you target younger audience, Sunrise. Not by forcing them space war drama with a story that's dumbed down to their level.

and lol people complaining about something not targeted at them "entitled much"?
Just skip this if you're not interested. Same thing I did with that failure called AGE.
kaimaxJul 3, 2013 9:17 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 3, 2013 11:40 PM

Oct 2009
Aww..Gunpla...well as long as this is as good or better as the last Gunpla OVA, sure why not.
Jul 4, 2013 7:00 AM

Jul 2007
jmal said:
Exblaster said:
fine heres more

A degree of androgyny was part of the point with the Innovators or whatever they were called.

^this.

pansexuality(or in this case more of asexuality) was part of the point of those characters, considering they
. They psychologically were not bound by idea of gender and as such would either not pay attention to gender at all or not have any sort of sexual interest in others at all.

Its also fitting with utilitarian futuristic ideas of writers like A.C.Clarke and I.Asimov - a future based on science, logic and transcendence can only be possible if humanity throws away complexes and phobias that restrict them and yes that involves sexuality and gender being non-factor in how a person is viewed or treated.
Jul 4, 2013 8:39 AM
Aug 2011
Kk so some of you said we shouldn't bash this show because they are reanimating the older mobile suits from U.C. which is good...

That first gunpla anime or ova or whatever that they made, they animated the HI-Nu Gundam. Sounds great! NOT! They had this immature brat pilot that godly mobile suit and his poor piloting skills completely embarrassed the Nu Gundam and it was easily destroyed more than once... Amuro Ray must have been rolling over in his grave

So you can say it is great they are reanimating mobile suits like rig shokew and dijeh, but if those "young, but ambitious" kiddies act like complete pussies and ruin the show, such efforts will be worthless.
R_A_IJul 4, 2013 8:45 AM
Jul 4, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
hyakushikimaru said:
That first gunpla anime or ova or whatever that they made, they animated the HI-Nu Gundam. Sounds great! NOT! They had this immature brat pilot that godly mobile suit and his poor piloting skills completely embarrassed the Nu Gundam and it was easily destroyed more than once... Amuro Ray must have been rolling over in his grave

So you can say it is great they are reanimating mobile suits like rig shokew and dijeh, but if those "young, but ambitious" kiddies act like complete pussies and ruin the show, such efforts will be worthless.

To be fair that Hi Nu was piloted by some idol pretty boy who isnt even half as good as Amuro. If it were Amuro, he wouldve sensed that beam from behind and either easily dodge it or block it.
A super powerful suit doesnt mean it unbeatable even if its piloted by a so so pilot. Hell I'm willing to bet that Katz piloting the Hi-Nu would get shot down by the Beginning Gundam.
Jul 4, 2013 9:23 AM
Aug 2011
Brigandi said:
hyakushikimaru said:

To be fair that Hi Nu was piloted by some idol pretty boy who isnt even half as good as Amuro. If it were Amuro, he wouldve sensed that beam from behind and either easily dodge it or block it.
A super powerful suit doesnt mean it unbeatable even if its piloted by a so so pilot. Hell I'm willing to bet that Katz piloting the Hi-Nu would get shot down by the Beginning Gundam.

K but you missed what I was really trying to say by bringing that up.

Yes it is true a mobile suit by itself doesn't determine outcome of a battle. It is precisely for this reason that I am saying this show could be really bad! People do not want to see a bunch of kids embarrassing these mobile suits which have a history of greatness. We want to see people who can use the full potential of this suit and fight epic battles. It is tiring to see Gundam franchise release animes with characters that look like or are small children.

I mean U.C. fanboys get all angry at Seed, Wing, and 00, but those shows had serious pilots who would wreck shit. I mean the number of times Heero would blow up his own mobile suit to get his enemies... Kira Yamato and his Dragoons... These people though they had their flaws were people you had respect for as a warrior. If they animate a baby yelling in the strike gundam, i would laugh instead of being excited.

On the other hand, these gunpla kiddies in that ova are getting emotional over plastic models. Reminds me of the "heart of the cards" from the kid's anime yu-gi-oh.
R_A_IJul 4, 2013 9:28 AM
Jul 4, 2013 12:13 PM

Jun 2008
hyakushikimaru said:
On the other hand, these gunpla kiddies in that ova are getting emotional over plastic models. Reminds me of the "heart of the cards" from the kid's anime yu-gi-oh.

You do realize that's the intention of this new anime, selling more GunPlas and it's more obvious than Age that this time Sunrise is just focusing on the younger audience and the Gunpla hobbyist.

What's the best way to appeal to a younger audience and guarantees sales, a competitive battle story with "customizable" objects (in this case gundams).

Jul 4, 2013 1:11 PM
Aug 2011
kaimax said:
hyakushikimaru said:

You do realize that's the intention of this new anime, selling more GunPlas and it's more obvious than Age that this time Sunrise is just focusing on the younger audience and the Gunpla hobbyist.

What's the best way to appeal to a younger audience and guarantees sales, a competitive battle story with "customizable" objects (in this case gundams).

Yes I understand that.

Thus a good number of Gundam anime fans are left disappointed year after year that another kid's gundam anime is coming out again. They want as much money as possible and also began targeting kids more years ago.

So this leaves fans like myself in anger that no good gundam animes are coming out... but there is little we can do about it, so I am left expressing my discontent here lol.

and Unicorn takes too long to come out.
Jul 4, 2013 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
hyakushikimaru said:
So this leaves fans like myself in anger that no good gundam animes are coming out... but there is little we can do about it, so I am left expressing my discontent here lol.

I got some good news for you.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/07/gundam-35th-anniversary-2014-2015.html
Jul 4, 2013 2:14 PM
Aug 2012
Brigandi said:
hyakushikimaru said:

I actually have to agree with hyakushikimaru here. I had thoughts like why didn't Unicorn have a series or at least come out sooner, there are so many side stories,why can't they be animated........they could just make a new 00 series with 1st and 2nd gen Gundam Meisters, stuff like that. Well i will watch this anime only for seeing the suits in actions anyways.

Those are some good news by the Brigandi thanks.

Jul 4, 2013 4:10 PM
Oct 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Brigandi said:
hyakushikimaru said:

I actually have to agree with hyakushikimaru here. I had thoughts like why didn't Unicorn have a series or at least come out sooner, there are so many side stories,why can't they be animated........they could just make a new 00 series with 1st and 2nd gen Gundam Meisters, stuff like that. Well i will watch this anime only for seeing the suits in actions anyways.

Those are some good news by the Brigandi thanks.

Because they want to draw in another audience to keep the brand strong. The large amount of Gundam diehards aren't going to be around forever. Unicorn's art/animation quality is the reason it will never come out sooner than it currently does. I am glad for one, because it's really top notch and uses minimal CG.
Jul 4, 2013 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
Can't wait to see the Shining Gundam Shining-Fingering the asses of the other gundams^^
Jul 4, 2013 6:31 PM

Jan 2010
Fai said:
what is this I don't even.

I guess that's TWO failure gundam series in row then.

This. I couldn't agree more. Gundam looks like it's doing down the tubes at this rate. Couldn't believe they kept that kiddy, stupid art style just to sell toys. It should be equal parts story, politics, character, and robots, not just robots.
Jul 4, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Brockemsockem said:
Gundam looks like it's doing down the tubes at this rate.

oi
scroll down to the last 2 pics
Jul 4, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
So much entitled fanboys here.
Gundam Age failed miserably because it tried appeal to the younger audience with the usual gundam plot, in result the kids didn't watch it because they couldn't understand the appeal of Space war drama, Sunrise said it themselves.

Now they're doing the right formula intended for the younger audience and you're getting angry at it?

It's not like they abandoned the core fans, like Brigandi posted You'll get your dose of "adult gundam" in 2014, so try to stay alive until then.

Jul 4, 2013 10:48 PM
Mar 2013
Gonna be hard to give this a real chance given that I came from Gundam 00 which was really good.
Jul 4, 2013 11:47 PM

Jul 2007
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

hoooo boy. another uc rehash. how exciting *sarcasm*
Jul 5, 2013 12:08 AM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

Better than the gundam shows targeted toward women like 00 and wing.
Jul 5, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2008
Interesting new Gundam series but seeing as how Gundam AGE was poorly received especially by majority of mainstream Gundam fans(UC and non-UC) last year, I really would wish this new series will uplift Bandai and Sunrise once again and give at least the disappointed Tomino a bit of smile.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jul 5, 2013 4:22 AM

Aug 2008
Brockemsockem said:
Fai said:
what is this I don't even.

I guess that's TWO failure gundam series in row then.

This. I couldn't agree more. Gundam looks like it's doing down the tubes at this rate. Couldn't believe they kept that kiddy, stupid art style just to sell toys. It should be equal parts story, politics, character, and robots, not just robots.

I agree. Even Tomino himself is facepalmed at the current Gundam series trend. Anyway, Origin will be a good redeemer.
FalloutShounen3Jul 5, 2013 4:28 AM
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jul 5, 2013 7:21 AM

Jul 2007
skudoops said:
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

Oh lookie, obligatory sexist/misogynist post of the thread. We surely needed one of those.

If you meant "aimed towards fanservice" and the derogatory usage of female gender stereotypes was unintentional, I will still laugh, because 00 is wee bit far too deep into metaphysics of universe and human nature to be enjoyed as "fanservice".
Jul 5, 2013 7:41 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

Which one is the rehash? Can you please be more specific?

Also not like 00 hasn't rehash anything...
Gundam Meister = Wing boys
A-Laws = Titans
Innovators = Newtypes
Trans-am = V-MAX (SPT Layzner) + F91 Gundams after image
Jul 5, 2013 7:48 AM
Aug 2012
Brigandi said:
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

A-Laws = Titans
Innovators = Newtypes

You beat me it. Most 00 fanboys doesn't even realize that 00 isn't actually original or anything. The concept was already used in Wing.

skudoops said:
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

Dude i am a guy but that comment is totally wrong and stupid (sorry it had to be said)!!!

Jul 5, 2013 8:00 AM
Aug 2012
jmal said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
You beat me it. Most 00 fanboys doesn't even realize that 00 isn't actually original or anything. The concept was already used in Wing.

To be fair, it's not like originality is the driving force behind Gundam fandom. Homages and re-worked themes are a staple of the franchise. (And I'm in no way saying that's a bad thing.)

OH that wasn't my point either..................i like the gundam series regardless and i have fun figuring out what concept a series used that is related to some previous series.

Jul 5, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2007
Brigandi said:
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

A-Laws = Titans
Innovators = Newtypes

Congratulations on noticing that gundam is multiverse of repeating themes. Here's a cookie.

That's still far better and fresher and with more variations and differences(00 Meisters being far more fleshed out and far more complex characters than Wing's pretty boys, which is a given considering 00 is best parts of UC merged with best parts of Wing) than "oh look, another pointless story that claims to be canon in UC verse"
Jul 5, 2013 8:47 AM
Aug 2012
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Brockemsockem said:

oi

A-Laws = Titans
Innovators = Newtypes

Congratulations on noticing that gundam is multiverse of repeating themes. Here's a cookie.

That's still far better and fresher and with more variations and differences(00 Meisters being far more fleshed out and far more complex characters than Wing's pretty boys, which is a given considering 00 is best parts of UC merged with best parts of Wing) than "oh look, another pointless story that claims to be canon in UC verse"

Fai no offense but do you have something against pretty boys? Also Gundam Meisters fall into the pretty too you know.............so much trans-am sparkles!!!

Jul 5, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2011
You still havent said whats the damn UC rehash. If its G Reko, you do know that the story takes place 1000 year in the UC universe right?
Brigs77Jul 5, 2013 9:17 AM
Jul 5, 2013 10:49 AM
Oct 2010
Fai said:

Oh lookie, obligatory sexist/misogynist post of the thread. We surely needed one of those.

If you meant "aimed towards fanservice" and the derogatory usage of female gender stereotypes was unintentional, I will still laugh, because 00 is wee bit far too deep into metaphysics of universe and human nature to be enjoyed as "fanservice".

LMAO! Putting that rehashed code geass up on a pedestal as some deep thought provoking show hahaha and no my post meant aimed toward women, there's nothing derogatory about it :).
Jul 5, 2013 11:01 AM

Oct 2007
The Gundam fanbase is starting to remind me of the angry Kyoani fans that think producers shouldn't be allowed to attract different demographics than the core base.

Like look I'm a pretty huge fan of Sunrise, I like their sci-fi stuff a lot typically, I see that they do something like Love Live which isn't really for my demographic of fandom. I don't begrudge them for it and demand they do more Accel World or Horizon instead. I appreciate there's a studio out there that's interested in providing some variety and mix of content and style even within the same franchise and will try to appeal to all demographics and fanbases regardless of the fact that it's not always going to result in huge profits. To paraphrase my favorite quote from Mad Men to describe my outlook on these sorts of situations

"Hate's a strong word. I hate fanboys. I don't like cutesy harem shows. They bother me. I don't like watching them. I don't hate them...I'm an adult."
PeacingOutJul 5, 2013 11:10 AM
Jul 5, 2013 1:46 PM
Oct 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
The Gundam fanbase is starting to remind me of the angry Kyoani fans that think producers shouldn't be allowed to attract different demographics than the core base.

Like look I'm a pretty huge fan of Sunrise, I like their sci-fi stuff a lot typically, I see that they do something like Love Live which isn't really for my demographic of fandom. I don't begrudge them for it and demand they do more Accel World or Horizon instead. I appreciate there's a studio out there that's interested in providing some variety and mix of content and style even within the same franchise and will try to appeal to all demographics and fanbases regardless of the fact that it's not always going to result in huge profits. To paraphrase my favorite quote from Mad Men to describe my outlook on these sorts of situations

"Hate's a strong word. I hate fanboys. I don't like cutesy harem shows. They bother me. I don't like watching them. I don't hate them...I'm an adult."

I'm in the same boat, although in my case I give everything that they put out a chance. For instance they recently had valvrave the liberator airing and at first I really wasn't feeling it, but then I changed my expectations and really really enjoyed it. I think alot of the people who ask for another 00 or wing can easily just watch this instead.

Alot of people hate sunrise for actually doing a variety of things (which I find extremely odd) and sunrise actually takes the smart route of creating new franchises whenever they have an idea for a mecha but don't want to risk it with the gundam brand. The gundam fanbase has been split since.. I'd saying wing. I feel that the wing/00 crowd tend to be alot more hostile toward sunrise's attempts to expand their audience and the UC fans tend to be alot less vocal (from my personal experience).

I don't like alot of stuff, I really didn't like 00, especially after them just coming off Code Geass but I still went in with an open mind. Everyone these days seem to look at a PV and just hate hate hate, especially when it comes to sunrise.
Jul 5, 2013 2:31 PM

Oct 2007
skudoops said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm in the same boat, although in my case I give everything that they put out a chance. For instance they recently had valvrave the liberator airing and at first I really wasn't feeling it, but then I changed my expectations and really really enjoyed it. I think alot of the people who ask for another 00 or wing can easily just watch this instead.

Alot of people hate sunrise for actually doing a variety of things (which I find extremely odd) and sunrise actually takes the smart route of creating new franchises whenever they have an idea for a mecha but don't want to risk it with the gundam brand. The gundam fanbase has been split since.. I'd saying wing. I feel that the wing/00 crowd tend to be alot more hostile toward sunrise's attempts to expand their audience and the UC fans tend to be alot less vocal (from my personal experience).

I don't like alot of stuff, I really didn't like 00, especially after them just coming off Code Geass but I still went in with an open mind. Everyone these days seem to look at a PV and just hate hate hate, especially when it comes to sunrise.

Valvrave is a strange case as it's not afraid to alienate people, pull it's punches or have everything tied up nice and neat at the end of each arc in order to tell it's story. To be honest though Sunrise has never felt like they do clear cut arcs with their originals so much as one big long story that goes from start to finish. There's nothing deliberate or clear cut to how each of their shows plays out typically and to some that can be a source of frustration as there's a lot to keep track of and it makes things kind of unpredictable

Plus Valvrave seemingly deliberately permeates it's first half with lots of goofy high school students being high school students when the adults aren't around to contrast with the latter half where they get fucked over huge.

My policy has always been the same, to give everything a chance. In Sunrises case I'm beyond doubting their ability to appeal to me now (it's like they can read my mind and know exactly I want out of an anime when I don't even know myself) and make the seemingly unworkable work after recent shows like Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere and Accel World managed it. Going in I expected to be underwhelmed by both and to drop them in short order, but instead I got probably the most unusual show I've seen in a long time and one of my favorite female characters of all time respectively. I even didn't mind Love Live all that much even though it's not really my thing so yeah.

I genuinely don't believe I would have made it through the huge demographic shift in appeal of anime without their works in the last 5-6 years. I was all but ready to give up on anime altogether in early 2011 before Tiger and Bunny and Gundam Unicorn came out and kept me interested long enough for the industry as a whole to remember that there's still people like me out there who have certain cravings to be filled.
PeacingOutJul 5, 2013 2:36 PM
Jul 5, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
I'm in the same boat, although in my case I give everything that they put out a chance. For instance they recently had valvrave the liberator airing and at first I really wasn't feeling it, but then I changed my expectations and really really enjoyed it.
I think this kind of flexibility and broadmindedness is very important in enjoyment of anime. Too many people have too much of a self-important mentality and I-know-best attitude so that they make up their mind too soon and think they know anime better than anybody (including the staff and its main target audience in Japan). Thus they judge an anime only from their own point of view which they stubbornly cling to even though the anime is actually presenting themes or in a style are never meant to meet the expectation they made up themselves (and would not budge). This is not just Valvrave. A lot of ranting about Gargantia, very much undeserved and unwarranted despite its flaws and weakness, can be put in the same category. This is blind refusal to make shifts and adjustment themselves that is the problem, rather than critical flaws in the anime itself.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 6, 2013 3:43 AM
Jun 2013
As a fan of mechanical toy shows, I am very pleased to hear this. But the reactions towards this show...another case of this show sucks because of it's (insert genre here). I just don't understand why this sort of mentality exists.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Jul 6, 2013 3:47 AM

Jan 2009
murazrai said:
As a fan of mechanical toy shows, I am very pleased to hear this. But the reactions towards this show...another case of this show sucks because of it's (insert genre here). I just don't understand why this sort of mentality exists.

mecha was popular genre but now moe shows are taking over, this is the reason why the gundam creators are so eagerly trying to win new young audiences since majority of gundam fans are just old people
Jul 6, 2013 3:52 AM
Jun 2013
So the older fans are feeling alienated? Judging from the mecha designs, I think the creators are trying to avoid that.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Jul 6, 2013 6:58 AM

Jul 2007
murazrai said:
So the older fans are feeling alienated? Judging from the mecha designs, I think the creators are trying to avoid that.

You DO know that pairing up the old awesome mecha designs with shonen-genre underaged kids is EVEN MORE of an insult than just using new designs, right?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.