Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2007 4:19 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh okay, I'll open a discussion topic for this after all. I was bored watching this episode to be honest. And what was that thing with Toa, she said she'd be with Jin and then joins with (yet another) naked guy in the end? So far this show is just weird, thought Toa would raise the standard a little but so far that ain't happening.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2007 9:16 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh okay, I'll open a discussion topic for this after all. I was bored watching this episode to be honest. And what was that thing with Toa, she said she'd be with Jin and then joins with (yet another) naked guy in the end? So far this show is just weird, thought Toa would raise the standard a little but so far that ain't happening.

It's because she saw the way he looked at her when she was in her Dragon form. He was scared and didn't see her as the same person. In the preview it looks like Jin and the other dragon guy are on an island. I bet we get a little more info.
Oct 18, 2007 10:21 PM

Sep 2007
Another meh episode. Since it's a 25 episode series, I'll give it a couple more eps. ...=/
Oct 18, 2007 10:35 PM
Sep 2006
I had some hope and this episode just seemed like it had been shot, struggled pitifully on the street for a moment, and finally died. Yeah, I'll watch a few more episodes, but I really haven't been into this show since the beginning. The only reason I was hopeful was because of Toa... but now I'm surrounded by all the wussy characters like Jin and Kazuki.
Oct 19, 2007 4:58 AM

Mar 2007
I've been bored throughout all episodes, the dragons are horribly animated and the same goes for the helicopters. This is now dropped, I don't feel like wasting anymore time at it. =[
Three episodes should be enough to give at least some interest..
Oct 19, 2007 1:18 PM

Jul 2007
Okay now I'm losing my interest in this show, don't like the whole dragon transformation thing, it seems the animators tried to hard on them, just about the only thing I like about this series is Toa <3, dunno...I'll watch the next episode and the I'll decide if I'm going to drop it or put it on-hold.
Oct 19, 2007 3:54 PM

Aug 2007
Art Sucks (like Sobzob said "the dragons are horribly animated and the same goes for the helicopters")
Plot Sucks there is simply no more sense in it and with Jin going all emo again with Kasuki or wtv its even worst.

Transform? This part simply remembered me of Power Rangers. Humans riding Mechanich dragons = fail. Gio being mechanich = double fail. Fighting scenes = massive fail. Speech based on emotes and some screams, with little interesting information = Huge fail.

Dropped for me. Sorry but i simply cant stand the lack of quality
Oct 19, 2007 4:15 PM

Jan 2007
I'll be watching this just for Toa.
Oct 19, 2007 5:45 PM

Oct 2007
i dont know about you peaple but i liked it.at least story is progressing some what.i will give it a few eps but frankly speaking out all the new anime released this season this is among the few i am interested in but it depends how it turns out.

Oct 19, 2007 7:30 PM
Aug 2007
I guess I can keep watching it. Haven't seen mecha animes in a while. This storyline is kind of weird and Toa.......she gotta get back with Jin at the very least.... Gio can go die coming in naked like some hero...... The animation kinda sucks though... I'll just watch this show if I'm not updated with the other fall shows.
Oct 20, 2007 9:46 AM
Oct 2007
Yeah i also noticed the amount of naked scenes of males... anyway i was enjoying it a lot till up to the point they turned into dragons, mainly seeing Toa's form... wow that sucks but since its new and seems to have a decent yet weird story i am willing to bite the bullet for a few more episodes.
Oct 20, 2007 11:57 PM

Aug 2007
the way they rode in the dragons was kinda fruity. Kazuki's lameness makes me depressed about just how sucky he is. I hope Jin doesn't start crying now..especially with that naked guy, Gio, around.
Oct 21, 2007 12:18 AM
Apr 2007
it's official...i have no idea what the hell is going on in this series anymore...people that transform into dragons with other people riding those people...some naked dude comes out of nowhere and takes toa away...jin risks his life to jump onto the dragon form of that same naked dude...i'm completely lost on the story as well...

but hey, maybe it's just me... <_<
Oct 21, 2007 2:38 AM

Aug 2007
The story is all over the place and it's only the third episode. Gotta agree with Sobzob about the dragon and heli animations, a bit lame, but I like the fact that the story shifts alot so far, keeps you on your toes. I'm gonna keep watching it, if only for the Toa and the other chicks. ^^
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson
Oct 21, 2007 3:15 AM

Aug 2007
Sobzob said:
the dragons are horribly animated and the same goes for the helicopters

I wouldn't say the animation of the dragons was bad, the concept and design are pretty weak though. I guess its a CG Vs 2D issue. The animation of the helicopters was dire and just looked lazy.

Oct 21, 2007 7:55 AM

May 2007
Sobzob said:
I've been bored throughout all episodes, the dragons are horribly animated and the same goes for the helicopters. This is now dropped, I don't feel like wasting anymore time at it. =[
Three episodes should be enough to give at least some interest..

I agree with the fact that I really do not like the way they created the dragons. They just look ugly, to be honest, and don't really fit in with the rest of the animation as well as I would like. I'm not going to drop it though - I want to see how it will go from here.

Oh, btw, when they killed that one dragon, he BLEW UP! I mean, aren't they humans? Wtf? Since when did humans blow up like machines? Then again, they also get piloted, so I dunno.
Oct 21, 2007 5:24 PM

Aug 2007
vindemon64 said:

Oh, btw, when they killed that one dragon, he BLEW UP! I mean, aren't they humans? Wtf? Since when did humans blow up like machines? Then again, they also get piloted, so I dunno.

mmmhm. That's something I'm not understanding as of now, also. Are the dragons like organic, animal beings or machines? we shall see..
Oct 21, 2007 5:29 PM

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
I'll be watching this just for Toa.

What Faust said. Personally the best thing about this series is the opening sequence.
Oct 22, 2007 6:25 PM

Oct 2007
K I love Toa but she basically just ditched him right?

Of course he completely hurt her feelings when he was afraid of her in dragon form?

And I don't think the animations where to bad look the latest ep of Bleach if you want to bag on something!
Oct 23, 2007 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
It was kinda okay. At least the other dragons look decent.
Oct 25, 2007 2:01 AM

Nov 2004
Thought the episode was okay. I was like noooesss~ when Toa ditched Jin though, lol. It's his fault to begin with but at least he sort of redeemed himself by risking his life to get her again. And I thought it was prioritized to get the Album and Jin back. And they fall in the water and they're like, "well they're lost, LOL let's go home~"
Oct 27, 2007 1:28 PM

Oct 2007
I'll give it a few episodes to see if it gets a bit interesting, but I really feel like dropping this one.

Oct 29, 2007 3:20 PM

May 2007
MajorAddiction said:

mmmhm. That's something I'm not understanding as of now, also. Are the dragons like organic, animal beings or machines? we shall see..

They seem to me like bio-mech esque (living creatures yet machines at the same time. I guess.)

Jin is still a wimp, the plot is, as someone mentioned, 'all over the place', and well, the series is pretty 'meh' so far. The dragon animation is ugly, I think they should've just made them 2D rather than CG. I'll give this series a couple more episodes anyway.
Oct 30, 2007 9:28 AM

Aug 2007
i thought toa's gonna be another useless pink-haired chick but after seeing her fight, i actually found her a bit cool. i don't like how the dragons were animated/CG'd on some parts but overall this ep's okay and i'm still interested so i'm gonna watch the next.

Oct 30, 2007 5:42 PM

Jun 2007
pretty much this anime sucks... toa is the only reason to keep me downloading this each 2 weeks
not feeling like writing much... but this anime needs less naked man action, and more toa IMO, not dragon toa, but toa herself

lesson of the day, never look bad at a transformed pink haired girl that is moe
Jan 28, 2012 8:28 PM

Sep 2009
The CG hurts my soul >_<
Apr 27, 2014 9:01 AM
Jun 2013
it was ok.I get annoyed in any anime when the hero gets scared when a character transforms right in front of them and they know its them.Then when the character leaves the hero is like "why are you leaving" its like dude didint you see what you just did.This happens in ALOT of anime.

More topics from this board

» romance

Cambeezee - Aug 7, 2020

3 by Astraeus_ »»
Feb 13, 12:03 PM

» Toa

Damoizgod - Nov 6, 2007

27 by Astraeus_ »»
Feb 13, 11:57 AM

Poll: » If you were a dragonaut...

canis - Feb 4, 2008

8 by Darkdaxter »»
May 26, 2022 4:20 PM

Poll: » Dragonaut - The Resonance Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zq - Oct 3, 2007

54 by ashleourke20 »»
Nov 20, 2021 8:00 PM

Poll: » Dragonaut - The Resonance Episode 5 Discussion

lifeordeath2 - Nov 1, 2007

35 by ItsXolo »»
Feb 19, 2019 1:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.