Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2009 10:57 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Perhaps not the best start to an anime. I don't like how the boy was drawn, but now that he is a girl, it's irrelevant. I hope the comedy picks us the pace next episode, because this episode was pretty boring. And I'm not really a fan of short hair either, but we'll see.

3.5/5 so far.
Apr 20, 2009 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
Kyahaha! I had heard about this show, but I wasn't expecting them to handle it like that! Completely ridiculous.

Other than the end of the episode, though, you're right, it went pretty slow.

Also, I'm not sure Hasumu's parents and teacher are human. ;-)
Jul 31, 2009 2:21 PM

Aug 2008
I don't like how the boy was drawn, but now that he is a girl, it's irrelevant.

I aint gonna lie, for a minute I thought he was a girl, voice and look in all..

but wow I guess thats ONE way for it to work, ya know a gigantic alien ship smashing into you :D

Sep 11, 2009 11:33 PM
Oct 2008
I kinda liked Hazumu more as a boy...he made a pretty cute little boy. Throughout the series I still thought of "her" more as a boy...don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of shoujo-ai and shounen-ai and all that...for this anime it just seemed to be cuter/make more sense that way...
Nov 8, 2009 10:07 PM

Jun 2009
the aliens gave him some eyes, yeah he really needed those.
Feb 19, 2010 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
The weirdest part of it was the aliens actually ANNOUNCE the trouble they caused and how they repaired the incident.

I kinda liked this ridiculous beginning :>
Aug 1, 2010 5:36 PM

Jan 2010
lnn8v6 said:
This.

And ROFL at the ridiculous beginning. I thought it was going to be gender bender, didn't expect everyone to know.
Sep 4, 2010 10:56 AM

Mar 2010
...and now, after the aliens showed themselfs and made the declaration of the change of sex, he, now she, spent the following ten years of her life in science experiments done by the NASA and the goverment...?
...well thats was my first thougt after the episode :S

As for the main character - cute as a boy, cuter as a girl... Such pretty eyes ;)
Feb 9, 2012 2:00 PM

Jun 2009
Ridiculous
-------------------------
[Rewatching Edit: I don't know why I wrote this stupid thing 2 months ago! ^^]
meneopeApr 23, 2012 3:26 PM
Mar 11, 2012 7:17 PM

May 2011
werrston said:
lnn8v6 said:
This.

And ROFL at the ridiculous beginning. I thought it was going to be gender bender, didn't expect everyone to know.

Metaphorically speaking, Yusana cut off Hazumu's penis when she shot him down hard. He was busy running around the mountain trying to regain some semblance of it. Too bad the phallic space ship cruiser decides to skullfuck him in the face while he is doing that. On top of it the aliens decide to castrate him since they figure his penis is useless anyways after the confession. Then they tell the whole world. "hey, we chopped off this guy's junk after skull fucking him with our massive penis ship. To compensate we'll give him big boobs and a vagina instead. Don't tease him too much. peace."

Funny stuff. Makes for an interesting show.
CirrisMar 12, 2012 12:26 AM
Apr 4, 2012 2:37 PM
Sep 2011
I think they have tried to make it a easy start, but now it is a emotion tale of love.
And I love it
Mar 7, 2013 3:47 AM

Sep 2012
DNF said:
The weirdest part of it was the aliens actually ANNOUNCE the trouble they caused and how they repaired the incident.

I kinda liked this ridiculous beginning :>

i like it to :D
Mar 7, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2012
_anti_ said:
...and now, after the aliens showed themselfs and made the declaration of the change of sex, he, now she, spent the following ten years of her life in science experiments done by the NASA and the goverment...?
...well thats was my first thougt after the episode :S

As for the main character - cute as a boy, cuter as a girl... Such pretty eyes ;)

well i think they cant do this cause media is in Hazumu's ass for rest of hes/hers life :D
Mar 7, 2013 3:55 AM

Sep 2012
when Hazumu started to wish on that falling star i say'd be careful what u wish for & how u wish it cause that wish has a twist in it :D, i say'd that cause i all ready knew that this is gonna happen cause i was read about it a bit :)
Feb 19, 2014 6:24 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting start I must say! Pretty interesting concept and well I wonder what the story will offer us!
Aug 28, 2014 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
While the humans panic, the aliens broadcast their heartfelt apologies and hope the world doesn't discriminate against Hazumu. Those are really respectful and courteous aliens haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 31, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
I initially picked this up because of the opening. It's just the cutest thing. That definitely didn't go like I imagined at all. I thought Hazumu's gender swap would be a tight knit secret, so this has already evaded expectations. Aside from the slightly sleep inducing pace, really my only gripes were with Hazumu's voice as a boy which is all taken care of. I get the feeling Yasuna wanted to like Hazumu but couldn't because he was a boy.
Jul 14, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
MC is cute both as a boy and a girl. And yeah I also think MC got rejected because his crush is a lesbian.
Sep 23, 2016 4:19 PM

Nov 2014
Well. It's on the first episode. But I like how the aliens were rather apologetic and pretty laid back about the whole thing. We can say that yes techincally this is a transgender character. Male to female. It's not that Yasuna didn't like Hazumu or have any feelings for him. It was just that he was the wrong gender.. I hope something actually progresses with them. So that both girls will be able to express their love for each other.
Sep 23, 2016 4:51 PM

Aug 2014
xchee said:
While the humans panic, the aliens broadcast their heartfelt apologies and hope the world doesn't discriminate against Hazumu. Those are really respectful and courteous aliens haha.
Yeah, these are some pretty cool aliens. Too bad they're likely gonna get some serious hate from local governments because Humans. (as the misanthropist in me comes out)
Ratohnhaketon said:
I get the feeling Yasuna wanted to like Hazumu but couldn't because he was a boy.
BoboSmrad said:
And yeah I also think MC got rejected because his crush is a lesbian.
LadyDisraeli said:
It's not that Yasuna didn't like Hazumu or have any feelings for him. It was just that he was the wrong gender.
Or sex, at least. Considering what we see in the ED, I'd say gender is an open question...
lnn8v6 said:
LOL. I kept wondering why he was drawn with his eyes covered the whole time. I wonder if it was because...
LadyDisraeli said:
We can say that yes techincally this is a transgender character. Male to female.
Or bigender. We haven't gotten any real indication yet that he didn't feel right as a guy, but there's plenty of series for that kind of backstory to come out; if it never does, I'm calling bigender, which gives me a personal link to the char. ^.^
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Mar 6, 2021 3:30 AM

Aug 2018
Some aliens?.. This makes me think of that meme "humans already surpassed us long ago", lol.. Like, they're here to investigate humans, right?.. Then they'll see that humans are into yuri.. And then they'll say.. Well, it seems they are intelligent.. Even surpassed us long ago.. lol.. ;P
I wonder, why Yasuna said "sorry" to Hazumu's proposal to become couple.. I mean, it can be million of reasons.. Like, she'll be transferring after a year, but then plans change, and she not.. Or she doesn't like him.. Or she doesn't have time.. Or she doesn't like love relationships, they're annoying for her, or just bad experience with them, she'd rather stay friends.. Or she's afraid of men, because her father was violent or something.. Or many things, really.. It can mean anything, really..
Well, yeah, rejection can mess up badly emotionally.. Sucks..
Hm, these parents' reaction.. Is interesting.. ... After some more watching - I think they're reacting like this out of stress, after all..
Well.. Subs I'm watching are full of memes and free interpretation, it seems.. Well, like translating "sensei" to "Марь-иванна", and stuff.. Bruh.. Don't know if it's for better or worse..
Hazumu knows his plants, hm.. Wonder, if it's his hobby, or biology is, or something..
lol, wut.. These aliens translate this message all over the world, it seems.. I mean, we even saw France with its' Eifel tower, so probably it's all over the world.. Damn, aliens are so nice in here.. ;P Also, if something like this would happen in our world, it'd just be news of the century, if not many ages, if not the one of most important events in our history..
Well, that's a nice start, really.. Interesting.. How Hazumu will react to his body changing.. Also there are different social expectations, and views to the gender as well in some things - wonder, how he'll deal with that.. As well as interesting, what will be with the relationships, including yuri.. Well, quite an interesting start.. ;P
Jan 21, 2022 4:03 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, that was pretty random. :P Dunno what to say about this yet. Well, at least the characters seem to be okay.

Let's see what's next.
Feb 9, 2023 4:27 PM

Aug 2021
Damn for SOME REASON this really impacted me
At this point I don't know whether it'll actually be like fkn amazing show, or violently triggering; if u know u know what i mean

I straight up had a fantasy like this when i was a child, like, holy shit
Sep 2, 2023 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
Interesting. Hazumu didn't exactly wish to be a girl, but I have a feeling that she'll prefer being this way from now on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

31 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 25, 4:26 PM

» lol wow

kisami - May 3, 2008

5 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:18 AM

» Hazumu - Transgender

Mimerio - Oct 27, 2015

7 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 7 Discussion

16 by Sword_0 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 11 Discussion

14 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.