MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kids Station Responds that No Korean In Hetalia Anime [Updated on Jan 15]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Kids Station Responds that No Korean In Hetalia Anime [Updated on Jan 15]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
01-20-09, 4:30 PM

Supreme said:
I guess the comments on this thread are understandable given that most of you jack off to Naruto and eat ham sandwiches with chopsticks.

Don't post stupid shit if you don't know the situation between the two countries. Muslims got pissed at that one cartoonist who portrayed Allah, Herge got shit for portraying black people in Tintin in the minstrel show style, etc. etc. Of course, the rest of the world laughed but most of the non-redneck/non-ignorant people could foster some understanding.

It is argued later that these were "ungrounded" unlike the Korean's... but it is in the Muslim religion that one is not allowed to depict Allah in any way. That is like the fact that certain people believe if you put them into a picture, they will lose their spirit, so photographers have to respect the fact that they don't want their photo's taken. And as for the minstrel show style... it is the style that is insulting because it was white people playing black parts. No offense meant to anyone here... but true minstrel show style is ugly too.

I can understand both sides though. I had family who fled Germany, my Grandmother's side, because of WWI because we had a dark skinned German born every generation, still to this day. I've also had someone show animosity to me when I told them my Papa, my mum's dad, was a full blodded German... one who's family happened to have been in the coutnry a long time and he was born here, but was still full blood... and he fought during WWII. The family that came over from Germany after WWI had to be careful too... they painted out where they came from in Germany on their trunks. Oh... and people were actually killing German Sheperds because they were German, here in America. So what I say is, the animosity being held for so long is definatly stupid. Let us learn from history, not create more history we have to happen to have to yet again learn from our mistakes. French fry anyone? Or should I say Freedom fries? And yeah... I am actually interested in it... because of how my family was effected during WWI. I am absolutly laughing at Germany... he reminds me of Papa and all the jokes mum and I make about our German culture. All of my mum's family, including her, my brother and I are STUBBERN!!! I also have Irish and Native American in my blood too... talk about having what could and HAVE... for the Irish, turned into animosity problems...

03-20-09, 9:25 PM

In response to all the derogatory comments made about Korea, it may be true that Korea is acting a bit too irrational. After all, as one person pointed out, all countries played the part of the fool, especially Italy. But...shouldn't you guys get your facts straight? Are you guys even aware of the depth of the bitter, intense animosity between Japan and Korea? Much more than probably you or I can imagine, and for Japan, well, a Japanese manga artist to blatantly make fun of Korea like that, how could Korea not respond? I kind of understand their feelings and the reason for demanding the removal of the character..... So, before insulting a country like that because of an inconsequential thing such as a character, wouldn't it be better to know and understand the situation?

03-20-09, 9:54 PM

That's some nice dead horse beating. Now I suggest you kick back, relax, grab a bowl of pasta, and listen to some good music.

04-13-09, 9:11 PM

Lolli00 said:
Are you guys even aware of the depth of the bitter, intense animosity between Japan and Korea? Much more than probably you or I can imagine, and for Japan, well, a Japanese manga artist to blatantly make fun of Korea like that, how could Korea not respond?

Except the thing is, Korea is only throwing a fit possibly because they are being made fun of. Some might argue that Hetalia Axis has some sort of hidden agenda, politically that is, however... I really can't take any of the humor in it to be in anyway offencive, having seen some of the episodes, for what I've seen, Hetalia Axis is all done in good humor. I think the biggest issue is, Korea made such a big deal over one character that can't possibly compare to some of the offensive things that have been done to the country.
shinkeikaku said:
That's some nice dead horse beating. Now I suggest you kick back, relax, grab a bowl of pasta, and listen to some good music.

Hee... I doubt that anyone who doesn't know about Hetalia would get it, but if you listen to the music, it does show how silly and in good humor the whole thing is. I've always loved the theme song. :)

04-14-09, 3:30 PM

Um, to the idiots that are blaming every single koreans out there because of this, shut up? It's an anime show. It's not the end of the world.

once again, It's ANIME. not LIFE.

04-15-09, 9:42 PM

cantius said:
Um, to the idiots that are blaming every single koreans out there because of this, shut up? It's an anime show. It's not the end of the world.

once again, It's ANIME. not LIFE.

Good point... and I bet there are some Koreans who saw the show and were disapointed. An odd ball comparison, it's like saying that with Harry Potter, all Harry/Hermione shippers are delusional because of some of the stunts some of them pull... that isn't true though. However, those that tend to get noticed tend to give a bad name to the few.

05-01-09, 4:59 AM

Lol, whats so funny about this issue is that the Koreans made a huge ass out of themselves, because the "problematic scene" is in the webcomic but not the actual anime. Without doing full research they got the anime cancelled which is a real pity. Now they (Korea) will be the only major country which is not going to be featured in the anime (How sad).

In return, the anime received worldwide attention (thank you Korea!), the ending song has been translated to multiple languages (yes Japanese people are scavenging and listening to ALL the songs in different language and we love it. Love the US version too) . So actually they acheived something much worse that what they have planned for. Actually from the ending song, I strongly feel this anime promotes world peace rather than blatant racism and glorification of WW2.

"Lets not bring politics into anime!" as someone mentioned before. :)

By the way (some) Koreans are pure hypocrits. They are just as racist making movies of Japan getting nuked and our emporer getting assassinated (hows that for insensitive!) they have absolutely no rights to complain.

Japan's such as wuss :( when it comes to International politics. I hope people pressure Kids station to broadcast it again : P

05-03-09, 4:28 PM

Jeez, Korea! Have a sense of humor XD

I'm surprised the news hasn't picked this up: "KOREA LAUNCHES MISSILE AND CALLS ANIME 'INSULTING'"

They should see the shit we have in America XDD

05-23-09, 10:49 PM

BadLuckTuckxL said:

I'm surprised the news hasn't picked this up: "KOREA LAUNCHES MISSILE AND CALLS ANIME 'INSULTING'"

I have to agree with that... some of the stuff that they put out over here is in truth more racially stired then the Anime ever got.

nihonichiban said:
Actually from the ending song, I strongly feel this anime promotes world peace rather than blatant racism and glorification of WW2.

Have to agree with that too. I mean, it makes fun of the whole WW2 and makes fun of the stupidity we see in politics, in a light, humerous way that I have never been able to get why people get offended at it, unless they are anal retentive over the whole mess. And that goes too far.

Kind of like how Song of the South is not released in America because of 'racial' issues and the really sad thing about that is this... it is one of the first movies to STAR an AFRICAN AMERICAN... my mom is waiting for them to come back and sell it here, but one can only get it outside the country...

05-24-09, 8:52 PM

Damn politics, it can't even leave a chibi anime alone. >_>
大阪大好きやねん!

05-25-09, 2:14 PM

chryseis said:
poor Korea ._. even his own country hates him.

LOL! XD

Alwerien said:
What the. I'm not sure what should Italy say then XDD. Being made fun of...it goes for all for them >.> Jeez.
I always thought Korea was cute :<

Precisely my thoughts.
And, why don't they understand that this way they'll just make everyone hate them? Since those stupid nationalists started to complain about it other people have started to think that all the Koreans are bad, when there are nice people over there too.
Seriously, why can't they just take it as what it is: a super-cute and adorable joke? It would be so much better to just go with the wise, old rule: don't like don't watch/read. -.-

nihonichiban said:
Actually from the ending song, I strongly feel this anime promotes world peace rather than blatant racism and glorification of WW2.

I couldn't agree more with you. I always thought that Hetalia was promoting world peace, surely not the opposite. And the anime gives me a very strong feeling on this direction too.
Modified by Loxaris, 05-25-09, 2:18 PM

05-29-09, 12:34 PM

BadLuckTuckxL said:

Dude, shut the fuck up. Your not funny at all.

06-03-09, 9:48 AM

Besides, if the Italians aren't mad no one has the right to be mad. xD
大阪大好きやねん!

06-05-09, 8:27 PM

Xzaxs said:
Besides, if the Italians aren't mad no one has the right to be mad. xD

I know, as they get made fun of the most. However, some people might argue that because Italy is so darn cute and innocent, it makes up for it, but I don't think so. I have over a guarter German blood and had family who had to flee the country. I LOVE Germany, as he plays on all the sterotypes of Germans. Then again, some German Americans joke about that, so that may not be a good example.

06-08-09, 3:50 AM

they are embarrassing themselves..srsly.. XD
the episodes didnt even finished showing and they are filling a stupid outrage..go smart asses..they cant be any dumber than that eh?

06-09-09, 11:31 AM

Agreed that people from Italy should be more offended of Hetalia than Koreans. Though Italy is such a adorable character imho. <3

Since I barely know the background between Korea and Japan, I'll keep silent. In fact I had no idea that Korea was part of Japan or in WWII.
Kind of like how I didn't know that Japanese and German (probably Italians too) moved to South America.. since that why I have Japanese and German in meh. XD; Also South America was also in or impacted by WWII.
Either US textbooks don't point out the minor details... or they don't add anything that doesn't associate with America. >_>; Probably the latter.

Anyways, I would recommend not bashing Koreans for complaining about a character supposedly representing them. They do have the right to complain you know.

06-09-09, 12:07 PM

Sakimichi said:
they are embarrassing themselves..srsly.. XD
the episodes didnt even finished showing and they are filling a stupid outrage..go smart asses..they cant be any dumber than that eh?
uh this whole thing started before the anime even began airing; it's the reason the only way we can view it is through crappy streams.
you're making yourself look ignorant by calling them "smart asses" and "dumb"...having a different opinion than yours doesn't make them smart asses or dumb. you should educate yourself more on this before you start shooting out insults.

about italy should be more offended than korea: i don't know if i agree with that; i think all countries involved have a right to get as offended as anyone else.

06-16-09, 1:11 AM

I wish I could Take the stand on TV and address the Korea thing. I would say what other people are scared to say. I don't give a Damn what people in Korea thinks of me. I also have friends that live in Korea If they get pissed then that is there fault. Every Country gets made fun of and they actually cried over something like this. If I just had 2 minutes on a special broadcast people from that country would want to kill me.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments

06-16-09, 10:19 AM

Mario1-7 said:
I wish I could Take the stand on TV and address the Korea thing. I would say what other people are scared to say. I don't give a Damn what people in Korea thinks of me. I also have friends that live in Korea If they get pissed then that is there fault. Every Country gets made fun of and they actually cried over something like this. If I just had 2 minutes on a special broadcast people from that country would want to kill me.

That just goes to show you need to go outside more and improve your social life. Anime isn't that important.

06-22-09, 7:33 AM

Pinkydragon said:

Either US textbooks don't point out the minor details... or they don't add anything that doesn't associate with America. >_>; Probably the latter.

Anyways, I would recommend not bashing Koreans for complaining about a character supposedly representing them. They do have the right to complain you know.

First, on the textbooks, when teaching American History, there is over two hundred years of histrory to cover, not to mention, the conutry is huge, so the World Wars get maybe one, perhaps two chapters. So, minor details on a LOT of things get cut out. Thus, if it doesn't play a part in American History, it ends up cut.

Then there are the World History textbooks. Most focus on the European part of the war, not the Asian part. And I also think that teachers don't cover it, because... do you know how many countries and island names there are for the Pacific area? A whole lot... which caused problems. And most haven't covered this themselves, as truth be told, the European part gets shown the most.

Minor details get left to college classes and I will tell you this... even then there is SO much information, they tend to not get covered. Which is why most people find histroy a very boring subject, but I love it!

Second, we aren't saying that they shouldn't complain about representation. That wasn't the issue. The issue was that they tried to censor work that most of them didn't know the full story behind. They just heard about the anime, and went up in arms. It's kind of like how some people heard about a human sacrifice in book four of the Harry Potter books and went up in arms... they didn't have the full story. In fact, the story was not completly true.

Windy... part of the reason that we're saying the Italy has more right to be offended then any other country is because Italy seems to be the main character, and the one that ends up made fun of the most. Truth be told, any person of a country has the right to be offended by something, but unless it is really something that is majorly overboard, which this show isn't, they don't have the right to censor this.

Song of the South is missing from American Disney releases just because someone took offence at the movie, when there is nothing wrong with it, just like Axis. This makes my mom mad, because she can't get a copy for over here. And the biggest bad part of that... this is one of the first movies to have the main adult role playied by an actual African American, and he is the first to receive an Academy Award amoung the black community, though it was an "honorary" one. And Baskett's role is awsume!

In other words, for me it isn't an issue of whether or not someone should or should not be offended, but whether that offence is good enough reason for cencorship.. most of the time... it isn't.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices