Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 20, 2013 11:48 PM
May 2011
you know for the she changed him argument people influence each other all the time. yes she wanted to make him more plain but he had a choice in the matter and was happy with his choice. you can tell someone something but they don't have to do it. the one thing she did do wrong was unknowing interfere with the imprinting process butt hat should have already happen by 2. a lot of this was the main characters fault for being a dick by the end of series I lost respect for him and honestly he should just end up with his right hand at this point. Minimani did everything she could to win, she was manipulative at times but people do what they can to get what they want as the old saying goes all's fair in love and war.
Aug 21, 2013 12:14 AM
Aug 2013
Aloxamax said:
The route both the anime and the LN have taken is the Kirino route. For that particular route, Manami was the perfect antagonist or 'last boss'.

Between the girls that might've ended up with Kyousuke, Manami and Kirino are the ones who have known him the longest, almost all of his life actually, and would've been the biggest obstacle in the way of the other should they love Kyousuke romantically.

Considering that the author most likely wanted to end with Kirino since the beginning it's only natural that he would at some point reveal information that would make Manami an actual villain, because the story needed one. The kind of relationship Kirino and Kyousuke want is frowned upon by most people, so it's a problem that has to be adressed, and who better than Kirino's biggest obstacle to bring it up with them?

There is no real doubt that Manami was 'evil' because of the simple fact that she had to be. You could blame the author because his decision brought a lot of hate to the character, but there's not much point in that.

My first post is to quote the dude cos it sums up what I think about Manami.
The perfect Final Boss in a love story.
Childhood Confidante VS Lovely Imouto
And it really is fitting to add in an actual fight between the rivals for dramatic impact. The author is a genius!
Aug 24, 2013 10:22 PM
Jul 2013
No just No
Aug 25, 2013 4:27 AM

Jun 2010
Aloxamax said:

There is no real doubt that Manami was 'evil' because of the simple fact that she had to be. You could blame the author because his decision brought a lot of hate to the character, but there's not much point in that.

She didn't have to be "evil" to be an obstacle. She only needed to think rationally and say what's on her mind. She was making perfect sense in her final monologue and at least the "lovers" will know now how most of the world will react to their relationship. It's good that the show ended when it did because if it went on for another season it wouldn't have been a romantic comedy anymore (if the author wasn't completely deluded). If we can forgive Kyousuke for wanting (and planning) to make sweet love to his little sister, I think we can forgive Manami too.
Aug 25, 2013 4:40 AM
Aug 2013
I dont think shes all that bad.Shes kinda right to be againts Kirino being in love with her brother. Shes the only character that show how people would really react about incest.
Aug 27, 2013 6:01 PM

Jun 2013
Kirino FTW.
Sep 2, 2013 2:20 PM

Oct 2009
Well, not talking about whether I like the ending or Manami herself, I must admit this theory perfectly fits the story. Specially since it creates a need for the character Manami, since before I really couldn´t put a finger on why she is even there to begin with. Evil? Maybe, though it feels like she was intented to be that way, so it is just brilliant.
Sep 19, 2013 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
What I didn't like about her was that she was a snake wearing a smile. One to stab you in the back or spread lies about you whilst pretending to be your friend kind of person. At least people who dislike you are up front about it. Shes the kind of character to play the game till right at the end and strike for victory when you least suspect her or to poison your mind to weaken you, make you dependent.

But in terms of the show its 50/50

First telling a young kid who looks up to her brother than she can't love him or hanging out with him is creepy or perverse is just wrong. It broke down her only real friendship she had at the time and her idol too, which is kind of a nasty thing to do to a person in general.

Second she also broke down Kyousuke too, he was an outgoing confident stand up guy but she made sure to drag him down, make him reliant on her, to only go to her for advice, to basically control his actions and shape him into what she wanted, somebody to be influenced and even put a wedge between normal loving siblings and caused all the problems that happen later on by planting that seed in their minds that if the siblings love each other its not normal but perverse even if it started out as normal family love.

Regardless if her opinions on their relationship is socially valid or not, you don't do that kind of thing to a person you really care about. and yeah I do ship kirino and kyousuke basically because its not reality its an anime and law has a habit of not been built around individuals or situations but as general broad terms which cannot account for individuals lives or feelings.

Is the subject wrong in the real world? probably yeah but in an anime and judging it based on the two characters involved, it seems to me even if its against the law its the right thing for them to be together and as long as they dont cause the end of the world or cause any trouble for anyone else, why shouldn't they be together, life is short and full of others forcing ideals and rules onto people even if all it does is make somebody miserable. It doesn't really hurt anyone to let the two be together.
SpooksSep 19, 2013 12:51 PM
Sep 25, 2013 11:57 AM
Sep 2013
I like Manami because she is always calm and rational and yet sometimes is shyly flirty too. She also has a good feel what is happening around her despite her seemly "Naive" impression.

Manami and Kirino used to be ok with each other however, I agree that it was mean of her to say to Kirino that what Kirino feels for Kyousuke was Creepy when they were children. That's why Kirino hated her until they grow up and they were both fighting over Kyousuke.

I really liked their Cat Fight scene since they the the characters that really hated each other.. Introvertly for Manami and Extrovert for Kirino. Manami only fough back to Kirino physically and through words in the end.. still she lost. Poor Manami.
Oct 3, 2013 9:15 AM

Jun 2012
She is fucking annoying, and people like her irl are fucking annoying too
Oct 11, 2013 4:16 PM
Sep 2013
After watching season one and reading about season two, Im not continuing the series. I dont like Kirino, and watching the end will be very disappointing for me. I wanted it to end with Manami. I know about Manami's background, but I still like her character. I really disliked Kirino, and dont want to see it end with her.
Dec 27, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
I'm glad others realize how much of a bitch this character is... At first I liked her during the series but the more I got to see of her actual character I started to hate her. Im just now reading the light novels but so far I dont like her in that either.
Mar 8, 2014 8:11 AM
Jun 2010
question, could i get 1 to 1 source excerpts for each point in that image in the first post?
Mar 22, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2009
since when does honest = evil ??

symbv said:
^ Thanks.

Manami has been named the "last boss" since back in 1st season but I still feel a bit sad that the author resorted to pulling down Manami's character so low so that he could portray Kirino in much better light.

yeah, I agree with you.

Actually I think Manami is the victim here. Kirino hated her ever since they were little coz she was jealous of her relationship with her brother. of course that is explainable coz she was just a child.

HOWEVER, Manami was also a child when she told Kirino that it's creepy for a girl to fall in love with her bbrother "she is right BTW -.-"

Also, Manami didn't say anything bad to Kirino, she just told her the truth. That the brother "kirino" in love with only exists in her imagination. By the end Kirino herself admits that herself.

So, Manami was just honestly advicing Kirino to forget about her ideals and love her brother as he is "in a normal standard".

AND, DO NOT FORGET THAT MINAMI IS THE ONE WHO PUSHED KYOUSUKE TO DATE KURONEKO.
With that said. she is not as evil as you make her seem to be.
she is just an honest girl.

I think it's not fair that Kyousuke and Kuroneko break up for Kirino. It's just not fair.
Jan 26, 2015 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
Before this topic I didn't think that an anime and its characters could be this deeply built by an author. It is interesting to read different ideas even tough it is hard for everyone to truly listen to what others have to say eventually. But there is no point, Manami was set to be the final boss of this story. Moreover, I started to feel like I have to read the LN now... but Amazon doesn't send it to Italy D:
Jan 27, 2015 6:33 PM
Aug 2014
Godyl said:
Before this topic I didn't think that an anime and its characters could be this deeply built by an author. It is interesting to read different ideas even tough it is hard for everyone to truly listen to what others have to say eventually. But there is no point, Manami was set to be the final boss of this story. Moreover, I started to feel like I have to read the LN now... but Amazon doesn't send it to Italy D:

Here ya go, read away

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Ore_no_Im%C5%8Dto_ga_Konna_ni_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai
Mar 13, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2014
ElfinMint said:
I will show you Manami`s full evil plan.
http://i.imgur.com/mcb84AE.jpg?1

Manami is literally a psychopath. Nobody can say something like this with that kind of tone of voice and expression and not be fucked up in the head and a right cunt as well. Rarely do you see characters as vile as her in anime, even the supposedly "evil" guys are usually far more noble.
at least she kicked off the incest route, but goddamn is she hateable.

Back in S1, she was a bit plain compared to the others but still a nice and homely girl, some people just want a normal relaxed life with a cute girl you know. Now she's just pure evil.

She is also obsessed about the concept of being normal, every single thing she does is for the sake of being normal, if she makes some meal she will not be happy until she does a "normal" meal, she says herself she can only do the normal thing in every aspect, she will do it again until it tastes normal, she hates everything above normal as much she hates things below her messed up normal standard, she is also the reason Kyosuke ended up with Kirino, is common for little girls to be very attached with their relatives to the point of saying they want to marry them in the future while they are unaware of the full meaning of the marriage, because Manami, brother and sister turned out detached from each other to the point Kyosuke perceived Kirino as a stranger, also made Kirino tramatized person, traumatized with her complex making her unable to forget childish play, then when they got close again Manami got a healthy male living close with a model level beauty as the best romantic option, and made the childish brother complex of Kirino grow into full blown romantic love, I am pretty sure to say Manami is a psycho who messed things up for herself due her obsession.

>Pushing other girls onto kyousuke to keep him from spending time with kirino with full intentions to break their hearts later anyways.

FRIENDSHIP? She's cunning that way.
She supports the other girls so that it will break up the network of friends, destroy their relationships and isolate Kyousuke... and then along comes Manami to pick up the pieces while he's down, just like before.

Afterall, Manami knows it is easier to beat one girl than it is to beat 6.
Manami is the 8man of oriemo, she took the fall trying to prevent that disgusting incestuous union.

Manami = 100% Chaotic Evil

I agree with what you said. They initially showed her as nice and boring. The least likable girl for me personally. Then she revealed what a psychopatic obsessive disturbed person she was, makes me sick. On the other hand, I must say it was perfectly presented, so from that standpoint, it is quite amazing. She's just the perfect evil cunt you'd imagine her to be. Never liked her, and never will. I kind of had the feeling she is rotten inside, and my instincts were right. In my opinion, her other side makes perfect sense and, once again, it's perfectly presented.
Mar 13, 2015 3:45 PM

Oct 2014
Kisaki said:
since when does honest = evil ??

symbv said:
^ Thanks.

Manami has been named the "last boss" since back in 1st season but I still feel a bit sad that the author resorted to pulling down Manami's character so low so that he could portray Kirino in much better light.

yeah, I agree with you.

Actually I think Manami is the victim here. Kirino hated her ever since they were little coz she was jealous of her relationship with her brother. of course that is explainable coz she was just a child.

HOWEVER, Manami was also a child when she told Kirino that it's creepy for a girl to fall in love with her bbrother "she is right BTW -.-"

Also, Manami didn't say anything bad to Kirino, she just told her the truth. That the brother "kirino" in love with only exists in her imagination. By the end Kirino herself admits that herself.

So, Manami was just honestly advicing Kirino to forget about her ideals and love her brother as he is "in a normal standard".

AND, DO NOT FORGET THAT MINAMI IS THE ONE WHO PUSHED KYOUSUKE TO DATE KURONEKO.
With that said. she is not as evil as you make her seem to be.
she is just an honest girl.

I think it's not fair that Kyousuke and Kuroneko break up for Kirino. It's just not fair.

Yeah, but she did it because of herself, he convinced her it was not normal. Who are we to judge what is normal anyway? If you were in love with your sister, would you care what being 'normal' is? Fuck being normal. Being normal is the worst thing you can do. Everyone should live the life they want to, not pretending you are something you're not.
Mar 13, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2014
Godyl said:

I got the same urge. Reading what you said left me with idea. I think they should have hinted Manami's psychopathic nature a bit more in the series, not just near the end of second season.
Apr 26, 2015 12:13 PM
Apr 2015
she is the only sensible person in this whole anime, and also the right one
Jul 2, 2015 11:56 AM
Jun 2015
kirino maybe love and like her bro but because kyousuke was cool ambition etc that time. until manami change him, i'd bet that kyousuke and kirino will not marriage if kyousuke unchanged at that moment or forever
Sep 21, 2015 4:43 PM

Aug 2015
Manami second best grill.
Kuroneko best grill.
Kirino worst grill.
Sep 21, 2015 4:47 PM

Sep 2013
Doesn't change the fact that Kuroneko is best girl.
Oct 19, 2015 2:32 AM
Jan 2014
So from what I've been reading, people like incest ending and hate Manami because she is the one who actually turn Kirino and Kyousuke relationship into incest. Shouldn't they actually be grateful to her ???

Kirino idolized her perfect brother and hated him once he became incompetent, while Manami supports him unconditionally. I'd prefer the latter.

Well I don't even care about the MC that much, a girl like Manami deserves better guy.

And everyone only have themselves to blame for their lack of motivation. So blaming Manami for causing Kyousuke's incompetence is ridiculous. If a friend's bad advice is all it takes to lose all motivation, then that's all he's amounted to. Everyone is responsible for their own choices.
zenograffOct 19, 2015 2:42 AM
Dec 3, 2015 3:11 AM
Dec 2015
I personally likd minami, and really she was Still sought off a kid when she told kirino liking her Brother was wrong kids make mistakes. I also think kirino was clearly antagonising manami when she punched her, I probably would have done the same, however after reading everything here im deeply conflicted about how I think of minami.
p.s. I made a myanimelist account just to comment this
Feb 17, 2016 5:56 AM

Mar 2013
Is it bad to try to prevent incest (even if she jumped the gun) and convincing a person that it is ok that they are not perfect?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2017 6:11 AM
Jan 2017
Let me clear up a bit before you look down... The following is posted in defense of Manami's actions. I personally would have thought up of a much better ending to this complex one but late to the party...

Anyways, Yes I can already feel the hate so don't hesitate to counter me, but not the poster himself please.

Is Manami evil? In a way, yes, mastermind, breaking Kyousuke, pulling strings, making the brother sister cold war indirectly. But in a way, no. She loves someone to an extent she was willing to go infinite extent, she realizes the norms and weirds, she tries to save someone from astray (incest), and ultimately, everything she did backfires, and she is the ultimate boss and victim out of all the things.
Let's think this both ways, we'll start from what most people say: she is evil.
But how evil? I'm sure if you have scrolled this far you should have seen an image from imgur. That basically sums how normal perception is. But that is only one part. We have been only looking from ONE perspective.
Then the "Good" side?
Manami grew from a normal family, and that basically is what shapes her ego: being normal (I'm no professor in psychology, but I'm sure what comes next is pretty close). Living a normal life is what matters to Manami, and that makes her the most comfortable.
Whilst most people (yes, us viewers) and Kirino sees that Manami changes Kyousuke and feels sad and unfair, same goes for Manami, seeing the ambitious Kyousuke attracts Kirino, she would also feel sad as well no? It would be normal for one to do whatever they can to claim that back, and that would be telling one what he/she feels most comfortable as and make them change their ways. I'm sure we all have pushed our opinions on others at least once.
Still not convinced? Then how about I tell you that Kirino is actually the root that Manami became a mastermind.
In one scene (forgot which one, I think from Season 2), it talks about Kirino after watching TV in Manami's house and saw Kyousuke and Manami talking about revision, she felt bored and ran away, and this is I think the earliest time we saw Manami amd Kirino in the same scene, in their primary school age. It is possible that Manami fears Kirino would break the friendship between her and Kyousuke just because Kyousuke could have put more attention on Kiriko and slowly forgot her, and try to avoid that, all the way to the storyline. What first was an attempt to save the two's friendship slowly became a way for her to win Kyousuke's heart in older age.
I know that I'm late to the party and posting such comment in such thread will get dislikes, but hear me out for one last point, which is a bit neutral.
In one of the last scenes, Manami and Kiriko fought (literally). But for the both of them, they fought for what?
For Kirino, she fought for her love for her brother (incest), her realization from her promise (revealed later in the anime), and her effort into protecting Kyousuke.
But for Manami? She was fighting to protect her affection for Kyousuke, correcting the ways of the siblings (partly on her behalf), and most of all, her fear of Kyousuke leaving her for his sister, showing her insecurity.
No matter who won, from different angles of perspective, the one who loses is the evil one, likewise. We watched the whole anime speaking of incest, and slowly we became paralyzed by it, Kirino won, but Manami lost to the fact the siblings were committing incest. If Manami won, but Kirino lost, then she lost despite her efforts to fix the brother sister relationship. Either way the loser had her points. Manami may be a mastermind, but Kirino is also an otaku and eroge lover, even fine with incest (only in games). For the writer, nothing really changes whoever won. Just because Kirino is the heroine doesn't mean the one who loses to her is the antagonist. She does her things in her way, and it's right and just, same as Kirino.
And well for a bit off-topic... Do you think any character afterwards would find out the pseudo marriage? Is Manami finds out, would things change? (I'm not implying I want a 3rd season)
May 10, 2017 11:27 PM

Apr 2015
i know that what manami did was bad, but i feel like I can't hate her for what she'd done. she's the one who've been inlove with kyouske the longest so i feel like she deserves to be with kyouske
Jan 30, 2019 12:05 PM

Aug 2017
I don't get it. She seemed simple and sweet even if not beautiful. I saw the last few specials and still felt the same.

Ayase best for sure though.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

475 by tony328 »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.