Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2013 7:37 AM

Mar 2012
I really liked the atmosphere in this series.
Loving Nakamura - her opinion about people and the world reflects my own.
Against all the hating - I liked the animation style. Looked very refreshing.
Overall it's a great story for all people who can relate to Nakamura's feelings. The thing I absolutely HATED about this series was deficiency of story telling in every and each episode. It was over before it even started, and the ending of 13th episode was just trash. Overall great climate and story line, Nakamura's a great character but I feel like the entirety of the show could of been executed better. 8/10.
Jun 30, 2013 7:49 AM

Jul 2011
Considering the last minutes were a recap of the remaining chapters before the time skip and it said "end of part 1" I think there's a big chance for a 2nd season. Bring.it.on 8/10
Jun 30, 2013 7:59 AM

Jan 2013
The "things to come" that they showed actually looked decent. I didn't think they'd be able to pull those scenes off but it looks like it would be done well. Although I doubt they'll get another season but if they do, I'd definitely watch. O well, the manga is still good.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 30, 2013 8:04 AM

Mar 2012
For those who didn't like the ending, how would you have ended it?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 30, 2013 8:07 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode. As a whole, the anime started off pretty slow, but it got so interesting through the middle to the end. I dreaded the ending song of each episode. When I heard the music start and that creepy "hana ga saita yo..." I was always like "NO!!! not yet!!!"

8.5/10

WHERE IS MY SECOND SEASON?
Jun 30, 2013 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
Wow it was just a recap mixed with preview of next season... I'm glad though, they will end it with festival scene. I can't wait it will be so cool.
Jun 30, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2012
That ending.....wtf happened because I'm not even sure.

As some bizarre art form, this show might do very well, but as an anime, Aku no Hana fails. It's simply too deep for me and the other average plebeians.

3/10. Would not watch season 2 if they were to make one.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 30, 2013 8:48 AM

Jan 2011
Just because it previews a second season or hints for more content means nothing. It's happened more than once before when the last episode hypes a second season and bears no fruit. IMO I doubt it. Didn't even bother to watch it after all.
Jun 30, 2013 8:54 AM

May 2010
Whoa, I didn't expect them to show the future like that. I thought it was done beautifully, but people who haven't read the manga are probably like WTF. So, read the manga. XD

Really, something about this show just makes me love it to pieces. I cannot wait for the second half.
Jun 30, 2013 9:19 AM

Oct 2012
So, second season is set in stone. And we also got some interesting preview.
Those things really looked promising!

But I didn't like the fact almost everything in this episode was flashback.

Anyway, this being the first part I am giving this anime 6/10. Well, it was more like 7 for me at first but all that trolling in previous episodes (hell, backwards walk scene this time!) changed my mind in the end and I will up the vote if the second season is good. This show was really so different from other animes and it deserves its attention. So, see you next time!
Mich666Jun 30, 2013 9:22 AM
Jun 30, 2013 9:44 AM

Oct 2010
this started out good, but it got really slow towards the end, from what i hear though seems like there would have been some good material to adapt, if they do i am not watching until it is fully aired so i can look at raitings, or i might just read the manga
Jun 30, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2011
I did not like this episode...it was really just a recap episode for half of it and a preview of season 2 for the other half. Nyways we get another season so i guess im overall happy.
Jun 30, 2013 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
Araby said:

I would have ended it with Kasuga

Overall, this was a godawful last episode to a bad adaptation. So much foot dragging and time wasting in every episode they could have easily covered more of the manga. Instead, they have Kasuga walking slowly toward Nakamura's desk for the first five minutes of the episode so we have to watch every step. And that's pretty much what this anime was, dragging everything out until it lost all impact or meaning. The pacing was absolutely dreadful all the way through, so many scenes of just absolutely nothing. It's like they were too lazy to create filler scenes so they just replaced it with scenes of long walks. The atmosphere was laughably heavy handed to the point where the show was trying to stuff it down the viewers throat and just didn't work at all.

And none of it meant anything or representative of anything. Instead they removed things that would have helped the viewer to understand the characters better, or changed it to give make a character come off as different than the do in the manga. However, manga or no manga this anime was a waste of time of effort and there's no way this horseshit is getting a second season.

last episode 1 out of 10 for being a barely coherent mess and over all the series is a 3 out of 10 for taking a good concept and ruining it.
Jun 30, 2013 11:17 AM
Mar 2011
Mich666 said:
So, second season is set in stone. And we also got some interesting preview.
Those things really looked promising!

But I didn't like the fact almost everything in this episode was flashback.

Anyway, this being the first part I am giving this anime 6/10. Well, it was more like 7 for me at first but all that trolling in previous episodes (hell, backwards walk scene this time!) changed my mind in the end and I will up the vote if the second season is good. This show was really so different from other animes and it deserves its attention. So, see you next time!

wait, what? season 2 is coming? if so, i would definitely be watching that.

anyway, not really sure how much more funding is needed for a second season. i mean the preview looks like its already made?
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 30, 2013 11:33 AM
Sep 2012
dunno about anyone else, but I LOVED this episode. It was great artistically, it was great musically, it was great in terms of storytelling and foreshadowing, everything about this was perfect for me. Show is officially a 9/10 for me
"I got a life in my grip, she holding tight to my wrist
She screaming: "Don't let me slip"
She see the tears in my eyes, I see the fear on her lips"
Jun 30, 2013 12:27 PM

Nov 2007
Either the last few minutes was a preview for part 2 or they ran out of time. Still a piece of shit that for some reason I couldn't drop...
Jun 30, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2013
I don't care if everyone else hates this. It's a piece of shit and I love it. I need a second season.
Jun 30, 2013 1:08 PM

Feb 2012
Kinda disappointed when he opened the door to reveal a pretty average room.
Jun 30, 2013 1:16 PM

Dec 2009
I don't care that people hated the art. I don't care that some episodes were painfully slow. I don't care that it's not an ordinary anime that has a strange concept. I don't care that people hated it in general.

This anime was one of the most beautiful fucking animes I have ever seen and I don't care if people think otherwise. I truly cannot wait for what's to come because that's when the manga truly gets good. I highly doubt they're ending it all here.
Jun 30, 2013 1:27 PM
Apr 2011
Araby said:

I really wanted the anime to follow the manga but I have several alternate endings in mind.

Major manga spoilers:

Or

Jun 30, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2011
This episode didn't make any frickin sense. I started reading the manga a couple nights ago, and so I was even more curious to know how they'd end the anime. I spent half the episode watching stuff I've already seen and the other half wondering why they are throwing in random stuff that happened in the manga. Confused. This anime was pretty interesting and creepy in the beginning, but it went downhill really fast. Disappointed.
Jun 30, 2013 2:23 PM

Jul 2010
battosai-01 said:
Kind of spoilerific last ep, but also kind of awesome. I guess I'm one of the only people that actually liked this 9/10. I kinda doubt theres gonna be an s2, but the end of part 1 part gives me hope. Well off to read the manga.

You're not the only one bro. Fucking 9/10 me too. Also, I'm gonna read the manga asap.

About this episode. Everything was perfect, I had shivers down my back. The atmosphere and the frames were brilliant, and a praise to the music as well.

I really hope for a 2nd season. But like the other thread says: The sales will decide this.
AkanezoraJun 30, 2013 2:26 PM
Jun 30, 2013 2:37 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ravagestorm said:
Meh. The director is trying to be artsy instead of making a good adaptation. So they turn half of the episode into a recap and other half is showing 5 second static stills of scenes from the succeeding chapters...That was pretty underwhelming.

There is almost no chance of getting a season 2 now. Poor Tokiwa... The only good thing is that I'm not really emotionally invested in this series or in the manga. Oh well.

Yeah I was surprised when all the scenes from the rest of part 1 was being shown. Even if there is a possibility of a second season, that was not a great way to end this season...by recaps and flash forwards. I would've loved to see Tokiwa though. This anime was great in terms of atmosphere, how the soft music and the palette fit together perfectly. I even enjoyed that 8 minutes of walking that people complained about. However, imo the anime as a whole was only good and not great. Still, it was an enjoyable ride.
Jun 30, 2013 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Boring.
Everyone is boring.
Shitheads. Shitheads.
Boring. Boring.
There's nothing but pieces of shit in this thread.
I can't take it.

LOL. Seriously speaking, a great deviant ending for a great deviant show. Wouldn't call it a masterpiece though, at least for now. Perhaps, some time in the future I'll reconsider that, but for now it's 9/10 and it definitely won't get any lower.

I really liked how the whole flashback-preview sequence went about burning that book, and that eye being about to pop out of that flower, and Kasuga reverse-walking to his pre-deviant state... and then he suggested to form a contract with him and crawl out of this den of shit together - to discover a new world. It's as if he grabs Nakamura and tries to prevent her from falling further from the cliff. He admits this world's shit around him and the only one who understands this besides him is Nakamura. So he's willing to save her for the sake of creating a better one for the two of them. It's as if one 'Aku no Hana' has indeed bloomed. But of course there are so many others left, hence it's just the end of part one.

To sum it up, the episode leaves a really good End feeling to the show. And I'm definitely going to read the manga now. Of course, I'd love to watch the second season too, but, to be honest, I doubt this is happening.
Jun 30, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
I liked how the subbers gave up at that last part.
Jun 30, 2013 3:18 PM

Feb 2012
Well, screw you, Zexcs.
Jun 30, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2012
It's been a while since I've watched a show that was airing, and one that I had greatly anticipated the next episode for each week, at that. AnH was a really enjoyable series to watch.
Hated the recap portion -- I already re-watched a lot of the episodes when waiting for the next before, so it was tedious to watch. Although it was an interesting episode/ending nonetheless.

I haven't read the manga, but it was funny how the majority of the show was oftentimes slow and the events lengthy, and then at the very end we're shown a few minutes of non-stop action and some gripping, major stuff we'd kill to see in the series already. They're teasing us a little.

Overall, I'd be very much looking forward to a second season. It does seem like AnH would have ended to lay the base for bigger events and such in a sequel -- so I'm giving it a 7 or 7.5/10. Assuming we're going to get a second season I'd rate it up to 8/10, but if we're getting nothing else then I'm keeping it at a 7. Really nice anime, and the OP's were great; still love the first one a lot (good choice getting SKC's Noko to sing it).
Jun 30, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
WOW. i mean i expected alot from this series.
but im not going to lie and say i didnt enjoy it.

Very Excited for Season 2,
and the previews they showed, looks like Saeki was stabbed.
mmm who knows.

I haven't read the manga, but because those previews looks so good, looks like ill be reading the manga.xD
Jun 30, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2011
Well, I guess a little less happened in this ep compared to some others. However, I really enjoyed the extended preview of what I assume is the continuation. I thought Nakamura's room was a disappointment as I imagined crazy imagery for such a character like her.

Regardless, I thought Aku no Hana continued to surprise me all the way to the final episode. Yes, the rotoscoping seemed off-putting but I quickly adapted to it after the first viewing. It's associated with the overall uneasy tone of the show which complements its fantastic backgrounds and audio. Through the extended static camera shots to the moody, suffocating soundtrack, I found myself glued to the screen as Kasuga embarked on his journey.

The OP was ridiculously bland but that was remedied by snippets of important moments in the episode. Along with the music, I wish more shows used this technique to keep their OP's varied every time. It sure hyped me up to watch it. Plus the song was pretty damn good when the vocals became more bearable to listen to. I still find the ED to be a very haunting song but it feels appropriate for the mood.

8/10. An enjoyable and a definitely memorable show. Now I'm eager to read the manga!
Jun 30, 2013 3:52 PM
Mar 2011
zombiepika said:
WOW. i mean i expected alot from this series.
but im not going to lie and say i didnt enjoy it.

Very Excited for Season 2,
and the previews they showed, looks like Saeki was stabbed.
mmm who knows.

I haven't read the manga, but because those previews looks so good, looks like ill be reading the manga.xD

LOL @ the bolded part. she did got "stabbed"

read the manga
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 30, 2013 3:56 PM

Jul 2011
Who isn't reading the manga is probably thinking “wtf did I just watch?".
They are definitely gonna do a 2nd season, I think. Though it will only cover the chapters until the festival. A shame, because I really wanted to see Aya.
Jun 30, 2013 4:02 PM

Sep 2010
EdenBaggins said:
Who isn't reading the manga is probably thinking “wtf did I just watch?".
They are definitely gonna do a 2nd season, I think. Though it will only cover the chapters until the festival. A shame, because I really wanted to see Aya.

Same I personally find her the best woman along with Nakamura.

Actually the last couple episodes were actually pretty damn good so 7/10 just like the manga. Its good and creepy, but not really that entertaining.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 30, 2013 4:07 PM

May 2011
It was oddly nice, seeing into her diary, with a happy little skull when she wrote about messing up the classroom. But woah, that barrage of last images, my head hurts a little. But I do love how he asked her that contract line.
Jun 30, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
Now that was amazing, the reading of Nakamura's diary was really well done, and those flashing images were awesome, I hope that was a preview for S2 (imo right before the ending started rolling, there was a line saying "End of Part One")

Overall awesome show, now it's time to pick up dat manga and get myself ready for S2.
Jun 30, 2013 4:20 PM

Dec 2009
Eh, I read the manga and this episode felt like a commercial for it. I loved this series though. The whole series was not ruined by this one awkward episode.

Lets hope for a season 2.
Jun 30, 2013 4:34 PM

Oct 2011
WTF @ those scenes for part 2 0____0

Hoping for another season
Jun 30, 2013 5:53 PM

Jan 2012
That felt like a spoiler for the entire 2nd season. I guess this means I won't have to read the manga to know what happens next. I'M PUMPED FOR SEASON 2!
Jun 30, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2012
A little disappointed. I feel like the series sorta lost quality as it went on. I'm really hoping for a season 2. ono
u gay
Jun 30, 2013 7:43 PM
Jun 2008
I'm confused. Should I start reading the manga now?
Jun 30, 2013 8:21 PM
Mar 2011
Um, Wow. I didn't know so many people could be so literally Retarded xD Obviously that series of random clips was the preview for the next part. And this episode was by no means bad, it was actually better then a lot of the ones before it, like the 8 minutes stroll ep. I wouldn't be surprised if Part 2 simply continued next week. There's definitely gonna be more, if you don't like it, then stop watching Aku no Hana 13 episodes ago. Fucking Boring Shitheads.
Jun 30, 2013 8:50 PM

Jul 2009
wat
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 30, 2013 9:03 PM
Jun 2010
Some poetic moments throughout the series and I really enjoyed the art style, but most of the show felt awkwardly scripted and paced. I wished more had happened, and after seeing scenes from the future, it looks like crazy things happen, so it's a letdown to miss out on that. I have no interest in the manga, but if they make a 2 season, I'll watch it.
Jun 30, 2013 10:04 PM

Mar 2012
Welp, I'm sold. Off to read the manga.
Jul 1, 2013 12:53 AM

Oct 2012
well, that was one wild roller coaster ride. I honestly don't know what I think about this show. It's so......unusual :/ As for this last episode....it was mehh..all the random previews of what happens later just made me really confused........

Jul 1, 2013 1:59 AM

Jul 2011
I need second season.
講廢話,被撞到.
Jul 1, 2013 2:19 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, rewatched this episode after catching up on the manga and this was absolutely amazing with everything else pieced together. A great way to come to a close and I would love to see a season 2. Easily an 8/10 for me.
Jul 1, 2013 2:22 AM

Jun 2012
Why did I think it would really end with this episode? It was extremely slow, but no need to state the obvious I guess. I kind of want a S2 just to finish this, since I felt like it didn't really get that far.

May be the strangest series I've seen =/

Anyone remember this?-

Suzuha2036 said:
I FAILED.

Jul 1, 2013 2:24 AM
Nov 2012
This episode was dissapointing ,but the other was good.
I hope the second season.
Jul 1, 2013 3:09 AM

Feb 2012
People that haven't read the manga would have no clue what just happened at the end haha.
Jul 1, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah, I haven't read manga, so for me it was empty episode. Almost memories. Nothing had happened except 'let's go together'...
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Yesterday, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.