Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Mar 25, 2015 1:17 PM
Mar 2015
satrn said:
I very much enjoyed both the manga and anime, finally a series that's a real slice a life, not same old same old shit that's the same over and over.

I wanna ask

the last preview in the last episode. the photos when they made afkask back

was it from the last chapters in the manga or incoming shapters!!

I mean the part of phpotos which we didnot watch it ever!!
Mar 28, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2010
AoNo_Kiheitai said:
satrn said:
I very much enjoyed both the manga and anime, finally a series that's a real slice a life, not same old same old shit that's the same over and over.

I wanna ask

the last preview in the last episode. the photos when they made afkask back

was it from the last chapters in the manga or incoming shapters!!

I mean the part of phpotos which we didnot watch it ever!!

The manga already ended, and lets pray to god that season 2 will follow the manga faithfully, because that had hell of a twist, and just kept all readers on edge.

For those that finished the anime, all I'll say is read the freaking manga, it gives such sincere conclusions, and on the last chapter, you finally understand what's wrong with Nakamura.

PS: those that still can't accept the anime's art-style are the cancer that's killing the anime industry.
Apr 1, 2015 9:50 AM

Oct 2014
Sorry,but that last episode was the worst last episode in the history of bad last episodes for an otherwise good show.It just leaves me unsatisfied and it doesn´t look like there´s a second season to come.Don´t know why a lot of guys hated the animation though,I enjoyed the style. Not for every anime to come but still a breath of fresh air in the rather homogenous anime industry.
Apr 6, 2015 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
fize4ever said:
PS: those that still can't accept the anime's art-style are the cancer that's killing the anime industry.

Yes, the industry is dying so much that there are 20 new shows, 11 sequels, and 5 new children anime this season alone. It sure is dying...
Apr 8, 2015 4:45 AM

Jun 2010
DmonHiro said:
fize4ever said:

Yes, the industry is dying so much that there are 20 new shows, 11 sequels, and 5 new children anime this season alone. It sure is dying...
When the hell did I ever say that its economy is falling off? I meant a decadence in anime quality because of the demographic shift towards otaku, as opposed to the great story-based anime shows we used to have in the past.

Those anime otakus simply don't care about anything as long as their shows aren't full of unrealistic 2D measures, rainbow color-pallet for cast's hair, with loud noises and screeching as comedy. Which is why Aku no Hana is getting bashed to a pulp just because it preferred a more realistic approach.

Anyway, I think we got on the wrong foot here, because you just misunderstood what I said...
OldTimerApr 8, 2015 4:49 AM
May 5, 2015 3:49 PM

May 2015
man this Anime had a big impact on me, ended up giving up hope on a season 2 and read the Manga. Would be great if they do adapt the rest of the Manga someday, as there is some great character development later on.

May 6, 2015 1:26 AM
Jan 2012
10/10 what an amazing show. I wish more adaptations where like this, actually trying to make it better instead of just flat out copying the source material.

That teaser at the end...
Dammit, I want a second season so badly... I'll probably wait a bit longer with reading the manga, there is still hope ;_; I tried 1 chapter and I doubt that I will like it as much as the anime.

People say that this anime is garbage and I just laf
May 6, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2015
Its definitely up there with the best Animes ive seen, it really leaves a mark on you, like my other favourite Anime berserk, I don't think il ever forget this show.
Jun 8, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Unfinished masterpiece. My fourth 10.

Shame there's no second season. They even filmed stuff for it!
Jun 13, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
What a horrible ending...everything before that was superb. Guess I can only give this a 6/10 since I doubt we're going to get a season 2.
Sep 18, 2015 3:33 PM
Jul 2014
Masterpiece, 10/10! Amazing Anime,on of the best ever! S2 is a must!
Nov 2, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe Zexcs made tis one. 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
Fuck, this anime has been amazing! The second part right now or I will die.
Is there anybody out there?
Feb 19, 2016 7:11 AM

May 2015
cmon need season 2! especially as the Anime ends just before things start to get really intense.
Mar 13, 2016 12:13 AM

Dec 2014
Ejc said:
Suzie said:

Agreed, man! It was freakin ridiculous!! I don't know what the hell everyone was on while watching this crap. There was nothing salvageable. They spent like half the episode in recap mode (lack of budget??) and then they throw some barely understandable parts from the manga in like a minute. Did I read that right, at the end "end of part 1"? Are you kidding me? Does that mean there's gonna be a part 2 made? I guess they had 2$ left and thought hey, that's enough for a season 2.

Looks like they were planning another cour ahead of time... even if the BD/DVD sales are going to be terrible (possibly the lowest for Spring 2013). Maybe they are finally changing the animation style (by saving some budget) if there is a next season, LOL.

2016 here. It never happened.This ending sucked. I really liked this series until this ending. WTF, and end to part 1 was the end, period.
Apr 18, 2016 7:47 PM

Oct 2014
This ending sure is full of spoilers lol.

I highly recommend the manga if you enjoyed this since the manga is way superior than this .
May 1, 2016 7:15 AM

Jun 2014
After watching the first episodes I thought that this show would be a different one. Despite the comments about the "bad" art and other criticisms, it looked interesting and truly promising.

Well, it didn't fully live up to my expectations, but I found it rather good due to its realism and the eerie feeling that left behind. However, I hope the manga fixes several flaws of this adaptation. I'm referring to the odious, cowardly and weak personality of Kasuga, who could have acted more honestly and intelligently in order to solve his problems, and to the incomprehensible ending which left me like WTF. I'm curious about what happens next, so I suppose I'll read the manga.

This anime was indeed bizarre, but very appealing.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Jul 18, 2016 7:14 AM

Jan 2013
The realism in this show is what made this show so good.
It's a shame it just ends like this though, I'm guessing all the shots at the end are a spoiler for season 2 (that's probably never going to be made ...)

Anyway, as I said, the realism in this show was amazing and I genuinely didn't know what would happen each episode, aside from a few maybe.

9/10
And PLEASE make a season 2, you piece of sh!t. :)
Feb 3, 2017 5:22 PM
Dec 2011
I don't really get it, seems like season 2 is suppose to explain a lot of it though...
Mar 10, 2017 3:29 PM
Jun 2016
So...No Season 2 ? I'm sad, It was getting intense after the reaaaaally slow paced (and kind of boring) past 2 episodes...Guess I'll have to find the Manga...
Mar 14, 2017 8:35 AM
Aug 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, series is over. Dem tears.

And christ, Nakamura is still running away from him. And holy fuck, she screamed her lungs out @ Takao. I'm not surprised though. Yup, all those memories this series lol. Well, it's over. The OST was weirddd. All the voices going around at once also reflects that.

O, a knife :o

I think there might also be a season 2..
I watched this anime a while ago... I think the airing date is wrong.
Apr 7, 2017 11:16 PM

Jul 2015
a silly ending except for the preview which i loved, just didn't do justice for the show in which overall was amazing. just the poetry, themes, characters and music- all of it was simply top tier. i can understand how the rotoscope can be a turn off for some, but this feels like a gem if you can overcome the animation style. 9/10 i really hope a second season pulls through
Jun 12, 2017 11:17 AM
Aug 2012
Very thought provoking and depressing,however It was worth watching...actors-emotions are a great difference from other anime, experimental? yes and it was successful for my taste. I'm dying to read this manga..
Aug 1, 2017 9:41 AM
Jun 2017
I kind of love this kinds of anime with a concept of avoiding boring reality, its just an anime so i request everyone recommend me some more of this types of anime , but they better make the ending with a clear sort....
Aug 18, 2017 5:25 PM

Dec 2011
Waste of potential, simply. This animation have much potential (the rotoscopy and scenario were beautiful, as well as the characters performances), but the plot was soooo awful and boring...
Aug 20, 2017 9:09 AM

Mar 2014
Four years later and there's still no second season.

Give it up anime onlies and just go read the manga already

As for my rating? I give it a 6/10 but up until this episode it was a solid 7/10, it was a good adaptation story and character wise but the show suffered a lot from the changed art style and the lazy ugly ass rotoscoping.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 8, 2017 9:25 PM

Jul 2016
So he ends up with the psycho and they go on a crime spree together?
Oct 21, 2017 8:34 PM

Feb 2016
Aku no Hana, an alternate universe where FLCL went very, very wrong.

Kasuga = Naota
Nakamura = Mamimi+Haruko
Saeki = Ninamori

Kojima&Yamada=Manabe&Masashi
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 24, 2018 7:49 PM

May 2010
Honestly, I had pretty much no expectations while starting this show, and it turned out to be one of the most pleasant surprises I've had in a while. The style of animation took me 3-4 episodes to get used to, but after that it completely stopped bothering me - I even started to enjoy more and more shots. Girls, especially Nanako often looked totally beautiful.

The worst episode is the first one (weak introduction, far too slow, even compared to the rest of series), but the rest was super engaging. Haven't seen anything this disturbing in a long while, and that's my favourite type of series! Sadly the last episode is pretty much the advertisement for manga version, especially since there are no chances for second season, sigh... Such a shame. Definitely will check it out later as well, I HAVE to know what happens next!

Might be one of the most underrated shows here on MAL in my opinion. I'm actually kinda glad so many people dropped this show after a few first episodes, because I remember this being under 6 (~5.8 or something like that?) when it was airing, and that was one of the reasons I never bothered to even start watching it. Now the rating is slightly higher so maybe more people can notice it... Anyway, so glad that at least I changed my mind about watching it! 8/10
Mar 28, 2018 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
This show is golden sadly we didn't even get an adaptation of the first arc of the manga, which is by far the best.
Sep 12, 2018 1:02 AM

May 2015
Man it's sad when an anime says that there's gonna be a second season, and ends up not getting it.
It's 2018 already.

Anyway I loved this. This is as close as it gets from a Goodnight Punpun anime adaptation.
Man, I love dark/depressing anime. I hope some day Goodnight Punpun gets adapted. And also a continuation of this of course.

Many things could have been improved tho. 9/10
anikevinSep 12, 2018 1:12 AM
Jan 30, 2019 7:13 AM

May 2011
I'm really glad it's over.
The way Nakamura tortures Takao and they turn her into a victim at the ending really sounds like desperation to me. Terrible in every possible way.
I really loved Takao, but he is so useless and can't even find 1ml of self-love.
Besides the beautiful visuals, Saeki is the only thing I really enjoyed 100% in this anime. The rest, even tho the possible second season flashs are great, I'm really glad we will not have one.

3/10
Mar 1, 2019 12:18 PM
Apr 2016
Why would they make some speedup at the end? Those could have been actual episodes, should have made a second season... Bad last 2 episodes.
Apr 12, 2019 8:48 AM

Aug 2018
I'm empty inside now.
I want a second season.
10/10.
May 11, 2019 2:33 AM

Jul 2016
Nakamura is the absolute GOAT, mate :D
Jul 17, 2019 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is very fucking ugly as it should be represented, want to see pretty graphics? Go watch Makoto Shinkai movies lulz
Sep 21, 2019 3:44 AM

Apr 2019
what a bad anime, the story is good until episode 4 and 5, 6 is shit, I just doped to see what was going to happen in that shit, another rubbish anime to list
Oct 15, 2019 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
this can't be the end of it it can't be the end of it.

what were those flashes at the end? Were they the things that would have happened if Kasuga and Nakamura continued to be together? Or were they the things that did happen after Kasuga made the contract with Nakamura?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 5, 2019 11:00 AM

Sep 2019
What was that? I don't understand a thing :/ the last wasn't good as the rest.
Dec 28, 2019 9:59 AM
Dec 2018
Going to have to read the manga now. As well as other factors, that last episode wouldn't have convinced anyone to support a 2nd season. The usual slightly illogical plot and strange choices shouldn't detract from what the author is trying to convey. There's no point nitpicking this kind of show. Not bad at all, but certainly not one of the best.
Jan 16, 2020 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
Shockingly bad, hands down worst anime I've ever seen. Thankfully i watched in high speed and finished in maybe 1 or 2 hours.

So I looked up manga pics and at least Nakamura is skinny and kind of hot, unlike the anime where she is hideously ugly.
CarbonMDJan 16, 2020 6:46 PM
Feb 13, 2020 5:03 AM

Aug 2013
This show was a good endurance exercise,lots of hehs and wimpy moments. One thing to like about the show is how it hints that reading a book or two or being good at something doesn't make the person someone special and others are just normal peasants.
3/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Feb 24, 2020 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
I always rejected this anime after reading the manga... Purely off of face value. I judged a book by it's cover.
Recently, I caught up with Chi no Wadachi and also read the entirety of Boku wa Mari no Naka.
There's just something about the stories Oshimi Shuzou creates that completely immerses me and makes me feel things I rarely do.
Thus I decided to finally give this adaptation of Aku no Hana a chance... and I am so glad I did.
I absolutely loved it. Especially the second half. It's just so sad seeing them tease 'Part 2' that never came to be.

9/10
Mar 28, 2020 12:44 PM
May 2016
One of the most unique things I've watched in a good while. Man some of the scenes and feelings from this show are gonna stick with me for a while, I'm glad I watched it but man do I feel heavy. Glad I finally came round to watching this despite being put off by the art style for so long, honestly I feel like it's one of the adaptation's strong points along with the perfectly-suiting OST. Gave this story an ugly, yet heavy and real feel to its every scene.
8/10, sad to see it's not getting a full adaptation in this style. Honestly think the manga might feel lacking compared to the adaptation with how much more typical (even if it's great) the art is.
Mar 31, 2020 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
First 7 episodes were really brilliant, with that classroom scene at the end truly out of this world.

Then they dragged things way too long, from ep 8 to 13 the pacing is too slow, and I generally like ambiance/moody animes. I don't mind if they take their time with great sequences and shots to recreate a certain mood, but they certainly overdid in the second half of the show. Particularly the first half of ep8 (naka e kasuga hand in hand walking home from school at night) and the unsatisfying last episode. Last one really is almost comical, 2/3 of the ep is basically a flashback or preview of an unreleased second season.

Overall I still find it an unique show, certainly one that everyone should try at least once. Sad to see that almost every post in each episode topic on MAL is about the art, the decision to rotoscope the show and manga elitist saying the same nonsense and cliche (manga is better durrr/the plain and generic artstyle in the manga is superior durrr) shit

Seems like these guys can't handle a show with teenage asians portrayed as... real life teenage asians?

Jun 10, 2020 2:38 AM

Dec 2019
that was amazing. I havent loved an anime this much in a whilee. I know people wont give this show a chance because of the style,, and ima just say, theyll never know what theyre missing out on
Jul 14, 2020 11:38 PM

May 2017
wait... I was crafting some mysterious thoughts in my head after seeing the ending scenes but I guess they just scrambled up some scenes of the future.. that sucks.

Ah.. another anime with an open end.. with no continuation.. How much I love these.

I felt seriously invested in the first half of the anime. The story was intensely gripping to me. But it kind of lost its charm for me in the latter half. The first half had this looming realness to it which the second half didn't have at all. It felt more and more like a fictional story that was devoid of anything that could resemble reality. But these are just my thoughts after seeing a glimpse of the whole story. Nakamura to me just seems like the ultimate psychopath. She is extremely fucked up and we don't know why. I assumed that it had something to do with her family relations, abuse or whatever. But that didn't seem the case. I'm frustrated with Kasuga that he never spoke up for himself. He's just like he said himself "An empty shell" His actions were relatable in the first half but not so much in the last few episodes.

Not sure if I'm gonna read the manga.. probably not.

This anime had me in the first half.. It grasped me with it's eerie atmosphere and sense of realism, the ost was amazing and the direction as well. Didn't mind the art style choices. The rotoscoping made up for a ton of realistic movement, of course it didn't come without cost. Characters looked off a lot of times, especially in emotional scenes.
Aug 24, 2020 6:58 PM

May 2018
Just stop. Dont make a season 2.
Nov 6, 2020 2:22 AM

Jan 2016
Ok needless to say the show's characters and story are garbage.

But I must give kudos for having a good enough atmosphere to pull me in for the whole season even though the content sucks.

Honestly its pretty pathetic when staring off into space while immersing yourself in the atmosphere of the anime and just thinking about life is more interesting than anything that is happening on screen.
Feb 21, 2021 5:37 AM

Nov 2009
Interesting and unique series that kept me wondering what would happen next. Glad to see Mr Indecisive finally made a choice which path to take, even if it was the wrong one, but that just means it could've potentially made for an even better second season. The preview snippets were certainly intriguing.

I thought the rotoscope improved throughout and suited the atmosphere well. That said, if I had read the manga first and expected the animation to look a certain way only to see the characters look like this then I could easily be on the other side of the fence.

Will say that I expected more violence and abuse from Nakamura. Interesting how they were able to make the viewer hate her but then gradually shift to sympathising with her. 8/10 based solely on enjoyment. On to the manga.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

saka - May 27, 2013

154 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.