Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 30, 2013 3:13 PM
Oct 2013
EratiK said:
GoodKidMC said:
I get it. This anime was different. Things like this haven't been done before. But, for that to really affect me, the anime has to make sense. Such as: Why was being a deviant so important? Why did Kasuga suddenly fall in love with a girl who was tormenting his relationship with a girl he has liked for a year? I even read the manga(which I won't discuss) and the events just get more ridiculous. I will admit though, the bgm and sound effects did make the scenes much more dramatic.
Well it's not like everybody has to like it or anything. I agree the troubles in the writing deter a lot of viewers. As to what you said, I guess it has to do with how Japanese people view themselves. From what I gather they really don't perceive themselves as individuals, but as members of the group, and how the group sees you is who you are. And they are very rigid about reputation and stuff: if you lose face even once, you're screwed forever.

In the anime, he explains his love for Saeki was abstract and a real relationship with Saeki scared him. Meanwhile he got closer to Nakamura physically. The destruction scene in ep 7 is almost foreplay, you can see how Nakamura cheeks are red. Note she's also the one that always brings up the topic of sex. So Kasuga got to know the real Nakamura, saw she was even more lonely than himself, and choose her over abstract love, I think it sort of makes sense.
I suppose it makes sense if you put in the form of reputation. You explained the whole choosing Nakamura over Saeki confusion very well. Thanks, EratiK for the replies and explanations. I appreciate it.
Oct 31, 2013 10:57 PM

Aug 2011
This is the best sh*t I've seen in 2013.

» Escapism.

Nov 10, 2013 1:23 AM

Mar 2010
This anime was seriously horrible and I'm surprised I actually managed to finish it. All characters are outright idiotic or insane, the rotoscope was awful and the anime would have been much better if about 50% of it wasn't spent by walking or staring around a room or characters staring at each other without doing anything for extended period of time. If this gets a second season, I'm keeping away form it, as far as I can. 4/10
Jan 14, 2014 6:30 PM

Apr 2012
8/10, I hope they make a second series! Although I'll read the manga in the meantime lol. I still find Nakamura to be totally disgusting and unlikeable. Things ended a little disappointingly for me haha but I thought the anime was great overall!
Jan 23, 2014 10:58 PM
Jan 2012
Forgive me for asking a question that's been numerously answered. I've looked around and can't find a solid conclusive answer with proof. So there's no chance there's going to be a part two then? I've heard sales were bad, and money is needed at the end of the day, but damnit I just have to ask lol. Just finished it, absolutely loved it, mind is still racing. Never read a manga before, but I really liked the rotoscoping(took me a bit to warm up to it), and I don't know if I'd get the same effect from reading and looking at static pictures with no sound.

edit: gave the manga a go, up to Ch. 34, easily past the end of the anime. I think I can be satisfied with the manga :)
venomblade891Jan 24, 2014 8:27 PM
Jan 24, 2014 9:23 AM

Oct 2011
amazingly innovative and moving capture of one of my favorite manga by one of my favorite mangaka........that being said, i feel like my heart got ripped out when they didn't finish the g#ddamned first arc when it could have easily been done - still beautifully different than any anime or non-anime ever made.....i can relate immensely to the mood of quiet desperation these characters feel trapped in roles they cannot transcend, no matter how the scream and push to escape, nonetheless, watching them try is sublime......being left feeling twisted i give this one an 8 for now (being there is no proper ending and it left me feeling very unsettle) - this may change if they ever get to finish it.........
Feb 5, 2014 12:08 AM

Sep 2011
Actually looking forward to a season 2, surprisingly!
Feb 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
HikaruIzumi said:
This anime was seriously horrible and I'm surprised I actually managed to finish it. All characters are outright idiotic or insane, the rotoscope was awful and the anime would have been much better if about 50% of it wasn't spent by walking or staring around a room or characters staring at each other without doing anything for extended period of time. If this gets a second season, I'm keeping away form it, as far as I can. 4/10

Do you think so? I didn't that, myself, I really enjoyed Aku no Hana. But I was bothered that they really did spend a lot of time doing nothing. Maybe they were trying to push the point that noting happens around there?
Feb 10, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2010
i'm at a loss for words...i have to pick up the bloody manga now to find out what happens next.and i don't read manga -_-
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 22, 2014 7:57 AM

Oct 2013
Strange ending.
Mar 2, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2012
too much walking scenes

otherwise it was good imo...

I see violence/rape/murder in the wtf preview segment, which would make this thing a 10/10 easy as I've said before...

would watch 2nd season if there's one
Apr 10, 2014 4:32 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Anime bold in many points, starting with what for many is an eyesore, or graphics.
I like the plot, but does not investigate comprehensively promoted anyway.
Pity about the only flaw of this series, the fact anticipate opening in the events that took place during the episodes.
Final which is worth much, but I wanted a little more.
The room Sawa, reminds me of Elsa in GSG, so undresses to show a certain emptiness in the soul of the girl.
Given the great advances shown, it seems that arrivals with the best next season, if ever see the light. I doubt it though, we just have to read the manga with respect to those who will wait the S2.
Final rating that does not change at the end, as the final series adds very little!

7/10!
Apr 11, 2014 11:08 AM
Apr 2014
why did nakamura write クズ instead of クソ
Apr 22, 2014 2:33 AM

Mar 2012
Well I'm glad I read the manga after getting put off by the first episode due to the animation. I will admit though that after marathoning this anime I grew used to the rotoscoping so it wasn't too bad. In my opinion I felt like their expressions were way better in the manga since it looked kinda funky in the anime due to the rotoscoping, also didn't like how they purposely slowed down the pace since they only had 12 episodes to cover the material. Overall it wasn't too bad, the story was still the same but what with the rotoscoping and slower pace it just isn't as good as the manga. Still, it was a decent watch that kept me entertained each episode.

6/10.
Apr 29, 2014 10:38 AM

May 2012
It's getting so much better after that ending. Why did they have to end it like that?

I wish they could make a 2nd season, but it's probably impossible because of sales.
Jul 6, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
Really regretting coming back to this series and finishing it. The show was a different experience, but there was no payoff at all.

I can't think of a much worse ending than doing a flashback over the tiny content the series had then teasing at all the interesting stuff that won't be in it.

It did make me curious about the manga, but I don't want to acknowledge such a clumsy advertisement.
Jul 28, 2014 2:36 PM
Mar 2014
It was good to begin with, but (like some series) it gets a little dull. However, it seemed like it might lead to a second season, which I'm kind of hoping for. Most series are based off the manga, excluding this one. The manga goes on and it kind of gives me hope that they extend the anime and make a come back.
Aug 5, 2014 1:44 AM

Jan 2008
Absolutely no chance of a second season. The anime sales were horrible, and the manga has ended. There is no reason to make another anime season since there is no more manga to boost.
Aug 6, 2014 9:55 AM

Feb 2013
Oh this is just part one? Well then.

For a show with such intensity, this is kind of a anti-climatic way to finish the season. A little too long as an epilogue to the dramatic hill scene, without adding much to the story while pushing all the good stuff into part two.

Overall, it was definitely an interesting experience. In my opinion, the rotoscope technique fit the anime better than the traditional style. I like how the plot was paced slowly because it build up more anxiety/angst in the audience which, I feel, is an effective way to convey its plot.

6/10

The good stuff does look hella good in the preview, though. Looking forward to it!
It looks like there isn't a second season. I guess I'll just read the manga. The things in the preview seems awesome though.
Looking forward to read the manga!

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 29, 2014 6:37 PM

Jul 2014
arielteck said:
I was expecting more for the final episode. Well, there were some images from part we didn't saw at all, could it be a signal for a second season? If so, I'm up for it!

I will be reading the manga of this now.. That final was really open.

The manga is way better man
Sep 10, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
What a completely horrible way to end an otherwise decent anime.
The ending pushed my grade down from a 7/10 to a 4/10.

If only I could go 3 hours back in time and stop myself from wasting time on this anime.
Oct 24, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
Eh i need to re-vote on last ep it was so bad.. 2/5 max and it even had spoilers same as in every opening (i really hate it).
Overall anime was good and animation style fitted it just not much of a story have been shown :( i may try reading manga 8/10.
Dec 1, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2014
Starting veery good and ended... uhm it ended?

7/10
Dec 7, 2014 8:03 AM
Sep 2009
Even with this cliffhanger ending, and the impossibility of there being a second season, I still think Kasuga's character arc (i.e. the main point of the show) has come full circle. In his emotional confusion, Kasuga has made a horrible decision which will screw up his life. He has finally given in to Nakamura's desire of becoming a deviant; embracing the ugliest parts of his personality in a desperate attempt to gain her approval. The flash-forward foreshadows the dark future ahead of Kasuga because he decided to renew his 'contract' with Nakamura. I would love to see more of this show animated, but that is unlikely to happen. Still, the show is still a masterful work of art.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Dec 23, 2014 5:52 PM

Dec 2013
The anime showed how far teenage anxiety can lead to, especially the teenage years are the time where identity is key. For kasaga, I feel that he does have some sanity because he knows he isn't a deviant. What annoys me is how he's risking his life just because he was challenged about his beliefs. Sure he hated everyone in his town, but he has time to grow up and leave
Dec 23, 2014 5:54 PM

May 2014
The anime is utter garbage. What the hell were they thinking with that animation. Its so freaking ugly and unappealing. The manga is so much better. I couldn't even get through the first epsiode of this anime.
Jan 15, 2015 3:00 PM

May 2012
well thats one way to end an anime... i think id watch a season 2 if they ever make one... i didnt expect to enjoy this as much as i did... but i think the whole situation coulda been avoided if kasuga had just freakin talked to nanako... like seriously, why did he let sawa control his life, or he coulda put the ym clothes back... what he did was ruin his life more than if a few people knew he took some gym clothes... but whatever, the series was ok over all, i like the lessons and symbols throughout the show, and honestly the art was pretty nice once you get used to it. probably a 7/10 because it was a good watch, but the beginning was so awkward and forced in my opinion, but once you get into it its decent.
frequency15kJan 15, 2015 3:05 PM
Feb 2, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2014
I very much enjoyed both the manga and anime, finally a series that's a real slice a life, not same old same old shit that's the same over and over.
Feb 24, 2015 5:33 PM

Aug 2014
I'm honestly not sure what to say about this series. It was beautiful in a bizarre way. The characters were so unique and well written, it was like looking into the minds of potential psycho-murderers, and it was very pleasing. It's hard to put words on paper for this series, it's just an odd kind of good. It was kind of like Welcome to the NHK, but in a more teenage angst kind of tone yet not much less mature. I think I'm going to put this at a 9/10 for now. That was just different from anything I've seen.
Mar 16, 2015 3:14 PM
Jul 2014
It's 2015 and still no 2nd season?!? Makes me sad. I'm writing to the studio first thing tomorrow! This masterpiece deserves next season!
Mar 25, 2015 1:17 PM
Mar 2015
satrn said:
I very much enjoyed both the manga and anime, finally a series that's a real slice a life, not same old same old shit that's the same over and over.

I wanna ask

the last preview in the last episode. the photos when they made afkask back

was it from the last chapters in the manga or incoming shapters!!

I mean the part of phpotos which we didnot watch it ever!!
Mar 28, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2010
AoNo_Kiheitai said:
satrn said:

I wanna ask

the last preview in the last episode. the photos when they made afkask back

was it from the last chapters in the manga or incoming shapters!!

I mean the part of phpotos which we didnot watch it ever!!

The manga already ended, and lets pray to god that season 2 will follow the manga faithfully, because that had hell of a twist, and just kept all readers on edge.

For those that finished the anime, all I'll say is read the freaking manga, it gives such sincere conclusions, and on the last chapter, you finally understand what's wrong with Nakamura.

PS: those that still can't accept the anime's art-style are the cancer that's killing the anime industry.
Apr 1, 2015 9:50 AM

Oct 2014
Sorry,but that last episode was the worst last episode in the history of bad last episodes for an otherwise good show.It just leaves me unsatisfied and it doesn´t look like there´s a second season to come.Don´t know why a lot of guys hated the animation though,I enjoyed the style. Not for every anime to come but still a breath of fresh air in the rather homogenous anime industry.
Apr 6, 2015 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
fize4ever said:
PS: those that still can't accept the anime's art-style are the cancer that's killing the anime industry.

Yes, the industry is dying so much that there are 20 new shows, 11 sequels, and 5 new children anime this season alone. It sure is dying...
Apr 8, 2015 4:45 AM

Jun 2010
DmonHiro said:
fize4ever said:

Yes, the industry is dying so much that there are 20 new shows, 11 sequels, and 5 new children anime this season alone. It sure is dying...
When the hell did I ever say that its economy is falling off? I meant a decadence in anime quality because of the demographic shift towards otaku, as opposed to the great story-based anime shows we used to have in the past.

Those anime otakus simply don't care about anything as long as their shows aren't full of unrealistic 2D measures, rainbow color-pallet for cast's hair, with loud noises and screeching as comedy. Which is why Aku no Hana is getting bashed to a pulp just because it preferred a more realistic approach.

Anyway, I think we got on the wrong foot here, because you just misunderstood what I said...
OldTimerApr 8, 2015 4:49 AM
May 5, 2015 3:49 PM

May 2015
man this Anime had a big impact on me, ended up giving up hope on a season 2 and read the Manga. Would be great if they do adapt the rest of the Manga someday, as there is some great character development later on.

May 6, 2015 1:26 AM
Jan 2012
10/10 what an amazing show. I wish more adaptations where like this, actually trying to make it better instead of just flat out copying the source material.

That teaser at the end...
Dammit, I want a second season so badly... I'll probably wait a bit longer with reading the manga, there is still hope ;_; I tried 1 chapter and I doubt that I will like it as much as the anime.

People say that this anime is garbage and I just laf
May 6, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2015
Its definitely up there with the best Animes ive seen, it really leaves a mark on you, like my other favourite Anime berserk, I don't think il ever forget this show.
Jun 8, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Unfinished masterpiece. My fourth 10.

Shame there's no second season. They even filmed stuff for it!
Jun 13, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
What a horrible ending...everything before that was superb. Guess I can only give this a 6/10 since I doubt we're going to get a season 2.
Sep 18, 2015 3:33 PM
Jul 2014
Masterpiece, 10/10! Amazing Anime,on of the best ever! S2 is a must!
Nov 2, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe Zexcs made tis one. 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
Fuck, this anime has been amazing! The second part right now or I will die.
Is there anybody out there?
Feb 19, 2016 7:11 AM

May 2015
cmon need season 2! especially as the Anime ends just before things start to get really intense.
Mar 13, 2016 12:13 AM

Dec 2014
Ejc said:
Suzie said:

Agreed, man! It was freakin ridiculous!! I don't know what the hell everyone was on while watching this crap. There was nothing salvageable. They spent like half the episode in recap mode (lack of budget??) and then they throw some barely understandable parts from the manga in like a minute. Did I read that right, at the end "end of part 1"? Are you kidding me? Does that mean there's gonna be a part 2 made? I guess they had 2$ left and thought hey, that's enough for a season 2.

Looks like they were planning another cour ahead of time... even if the BD/DVD sales are going to be terrible (possibly the lowest for Spring 2013). Maybe they are finally changing the animation style (by saving some budget) if there is a next season, LOL.

2016 here. It never happened.This ending sucked. I really liked this series until this ending. WTF, and end to part 1 was the end, period.
Apr 18, 2016 7:47 PM

Oct 2014
This ending sure is full of spoilers lol.

I highly recommend the manga if you enjoyed this since the manga is way superior than this .
May 1, 2016 7:15 AM

Jun 2014
After watching the first episodes I thought that this show would be a different one. Despite the comments about the "bad" art and other criticisms, it looked interesting and truly promising.

Well, it didn't fully live up to my expectations, but I found it rather good due to its realism and the eerie feeling that left behind. However, I hope the manga fixes several flaws of this adaptation. I'm referring to the odious, cowardly and weak personality of Kasuga, who could have acted more honestly and intelligently in order to solve his problems, and to the incomprehensible ending which left me like WTF. I'm curious about what happens next, so I suppose I'll read the manga.

This anime was indeed bizarre, but very appealing.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Jul 18, 2016 7:14 AM

Jan 2013
The realism in this show is what made this show so good.
It's a shame it just ends like this though, I'm guessing all the shots at the end are a spoiler for season 2 (that's probably never going to be made ...)

Anyway, as I said, the realism in this show was amazing and I genuinely didn't know what would happen each episode, aside from a few maybe.

9/10
And PLEASE make a season 2, you piece of sh!t. :)
Feb 3, 2017 5:22 PM
Dec 2011
I don't really get it, seems like season 2 is suppose to explain a lot of it though...
Mar 10, 2017 3:29 PM
Jun 2016
So...No Season 2 ? I'm sad, It was getting intense after the reaaaaally slow paced (and kind of boring) past 2 episodes...Guess I'll have to find the Manga...
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

saka - May 27, 2013

154 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.