Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, series is over. Dem tears.

And christ, Nakamura is still running away from him. And holy fuck, she screamed her lungs out @ Takao. I'm not surprised though. Yup, all those memories this series lol. Well, it's over. The OST was weirddd. All the voices going around at once also reflects that.

O, a knife :o

I think there might also be a season 2..
Jun 29, 2013 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
So they just showed a bunch of shit they didn't adapt from the manga in the last part, and call that an ending?

Utter rubbish. I did like seeing the panty dungeon though.
Jun 29, 2013 11:56 AM
Oct 2009
Amarrez said:
So they just showed a bunch of shit they didn't adapt from the manga in the last part, and call that an ending?

Utter rubbish.

Agreed, man! It was freakin ridiculous!! I don't know what the hell everyone was on while watching this crap. There was nothing salvageable. They spent like half the episode in recap mode (lack of budget??) and then they throw some barely understandable parts from the manga in like a minute. Did I read that right, at the end "end of part 1"? Are you kidding me? Does that mean there's gonna be a part 2 made? I guess they had 2$ left and thought hey, that's enough for a season 2.
Jun 29, 2013 12:01 PM

Nov 2007
Suzie said:
Amarrez said:

Utter rubbish.

Agreed, man! It was freakin ridiculous!! I don't know what the hell everyone was on while watching this crap. There was nothing salvageable. They spent like half the episode in recap mode (lack of budget??) and then they throw some barely understandable parts from the manga in like a minute. Did I read that right, at the end "end of part 1"? Are you kidding me? Does that mean there's gonna be a part 2 made? I guess they had 2$ left and thought hey, that's enough for a season 2.

Looks like they were planning another cour ahead of time... even if the BD/DVD sales are going to be terrible (possibly the lowest for Spring 2013). Maybe they are finally changing the animation style (by saving some budget) if there is a next season, LOL.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 29, 2013 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
That last episode was not very good. Especially if you haven't read the manga (might as well do it now.) I don't see this getting a second season either. They literally missed out on the most powerful scenes of the entire series.
Jun 29, 2013 2:01 PM
Nov 2012
Suzie said:
Did I read that right, at the end "end of part 1"? Are you kidding me? Does that mean there's gonna be a part 2 made? I guess they had 2$ left and thought hey, that's enough for a season 2.

was the end of part 1 in the manga. I don't think they're going to animate part 2 without adapting all those things.

The future chapters as you could see included a lot of disturbing scenes like
and things that would be a bit difficult to put in the anime.
flamingo-chanJun 29, 2013 3:58 PM
Jun 29, 2013 3:52 PM
Mar 2011
flamingo-chan said:
Suzie said:
Did I read that right, at the end "end of part 1"? Are you kidding me? Does that mean there's gonna be a part 2 made? I guess they had 2$ left and thought hey, that's enough for a season 2.

spoiler please

thank you :)

it would be nice for a second season. the "preview" looks like its already made. i really keep thinking everytime i see that "episode# - thirteen total" in the OP is fake and trolling the viewer for the number of episodes.
and yes, this series have alot of "troll" scenes
amginexJun 29, 2013 4:12 PM
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 29, 2013 3:53 PM
Mar 2011
im a big fan but i gotta say, this ending is disappointing. down to 8 from 10 for me

they did show what seems like a preview of the best scenes of the next chapters, hopefully a season 2 will be aired.

did anyone else noticed? the ranking jumped from 6.32 to 7.18. the most it did so far
Jun 29, 2013 3:57 PM
Mar 2011
Suzie said:
Amarrez said:

Utter rubbish.

LOL Suzie, sorry to always pick on you but you have the funniest comments.

care to answer the bolded part yourself?
you seem to be the first ones who watches and comments on this show. the sub isnt even out yet :)
Jun 29, 2013 4:08 PM
Aug 2012
well hope there is a second season
Jun 29, 2013 4:22 PM
Nov 2012
I don't understand people who complain every episode instead of dropping it if they don't like it.
This show and many adaptations in general lack budget.

This anime was made to promote the manga and it worked because since the anime started the manga had an increase on sales. The staff themselves knew most of people wouldn't like it but even the author agreed that this type of adaptation was suitable for the story.
Jun 29, 2013 5:09 PM

Feb 2012
amginex said:
im a big fan but i gotta say, this ending is disappointing. down to 8 from 10 for me

they did show what seems like a preview of the best scenes of the next chapters, hopefully a season 2 will be aired.

did anyone else noticed? the ranking jumped from 6.32 to 7.18. the most it did so far

Because after MAL notes a series as finished, the rating mechanism changes, so that only ratings of users who watched a bigger part(a third, if i remember well) of the episodes are counted. The 1/10-Ratings of those guys who dropped after ep. 1 aren't into the rating anymore. Also most users just rate after finishing a series, so it was obvious, the rating would change after the last episode. It ist the same with every show, just finished
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jun 29, 2013 5:31 PM

Dec 2008
Second season. NOW.
Jun 29, 2013 5:55 PM

Feb 2011
Kyon90 said:
Second season. NOW.

Ummmmm no.

Shitty adaption. 4/10
HatsuyukiJun 30, 2013 4:01 AM
Jun 29, 2013 6:02 PM
Nov 2012
CriticalShock said:

I really hope he's saying that there will be a second season because this can't end like this.

He says :
"I'm really sorry for having called everyone a shitworm!"
Jun 29, 2013 6:13 PM

Apr 2007
Wow. That was pretty bad. They just mixed a bunch of stuff together with no context.

6/10. Not bad, but not that good either.
ZephysJun 30, 2013 3:02 AM
Jun 29, 2013 6:27 PM

Aug 2012

I can't say I was too surprised with how the ending turned out. Such a disappointment that we wouldn't get to see the festival ending. Ah well.
Jun 29, 2013 6:31 PM

Mar 2010
So the whole episode was a recap of previous episodes, and last 2 mins were about what will happen next. Wow what a final episode :/ There was so much potential, hope they can pull off a second season
Jun 29, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2008
UnbornMVs said:
Kyon90 said:
Second season. NOW.

Ummmmm no.

Ummmm yes. I want to see the end of the first arc.
Those scenes were cool. If there are = they have already filmed.
Jun 29, 2013 7:12 PM

Jul 2008
I actually liked this episode a lot. It was obvious from the beginning that they wouldn't be able to fit 30 or so chapters until the festival into 13 episodes, so I think this was a pretty fitting ending. And the 'preview' at the end was amazing.
I do wonder why they said "end of part one' or whatever, though. I hope they follow through with that and give us a part two!
Jun 29, 2013 7:50 PM
Aug 2012
What a poor adaption.
Jun 29, 2013 8:03 PM

Apr 2011
Hope this means we get a second season. I didn't think this episode was great, but it seemed to be hinting at part 2. I will probably pick the manga back up in the time being. Overall I thought it was good, it has flaws but also manages to develop an amazing atmosphere that you either appreciate or don't. I hate seeing people complain about slow pacing, things don't have to be fast paced and explain everything to you. Look at movies like 2001:Space Odyssey or Taxi Driver, those both have long periods of nothing but it all is to build up a certain feeling/atmosphere. I'm not saying Aku no Hana is even close to as good as those films, but it just irks me how everyone complains about a few minutes of slow walking with beautiful scenery. Oh well, I didn't think this was amazing or anything, but it was really nice to see a director doing something different and taking risks. Fingers crossed for a second season...
Jun 29, 2013 8:12 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing show, amazing adaptation. We won't have an anime this good in a long while
Jun 29, 2013 8:20 PM
Apr 2010
Nicely done, Kasuga. Proud of him, didn't hesitate in entering Nakamura's room or reading her diary. The ending sucked though, surely something better could have been done than just a few minutes of jumbled future scenes and voices. Loved watching this show, hoping for a part two.
Jun 29, 2013 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
I for one loved this episode.
Jun 29, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
That was beautiful. I can definitely understand how the ending feels like a preview, but it also makes a powerful ending statement. Something like, "look at this shit. Everything just shit spirals into shit, forever. It only gets worse and there will never be a happy ending, ever." It depresses me, in a good way.
JoshJun 29, 2013 8:57 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 29, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2013
I feel I'm one of the few who actually liked this episode.

Nakamura's VA was fucking amazing if nothing else can be said, and the animation quality has improved since the early episodes. And we got this awesome gif!

Jun 29, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
^Hahaha. Perfect "get out" gif.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 29, 2013 9:16 PM

Mar 2012
I adored this episode, and I especially like at the end when they hinted toward the major events in the manga. I have a good feeling there will be a second season. How they will fully animate those events they hinted at.. well.. that'll be interesting to see.
Jun 29, 2013 9:40 PM

Dec 2007
Amazing series. the best actually.

and people who don't like Nakamura failed so hard it's funny.
Jun 29, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
I have a feeling it will get a second season.
Though this episode was pretty bad.
Jun 29, 2013 9:42 PM

Feb 2010
flamingo-chan said:
I don't understand people who complain every episode instead of dropping it if they don't like it.
This show and many adaptations in general lack budget.

This anime was made to promote the manga and it worked because since the anime started the manga had an increase on sales. The staff themselves knew most of people wouldn't like it but even the author agreed that this type of adaptation was suitable for the story.

Well, apparently some people like to watch something they wouldn't enjoy and continue on watching it. I thought the anime was okay, if there possibly is a second season, I would like forward to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2013 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting final episode. The future flashforward showed most of the major events that will happen. Kind of spoiling it.

9/10 though, loved this anime.
Jun 29, 2013 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
Looking forward to a second season.
Jun 29, 2013 10:22 PM

May 2010
.. was expecting a little more. whatever, everything except this last episode was good.
Jun 29, 2013 10:22 PM
Aug 2010
That is not what I am looking forward to this, the last clubs was just weird maybe they show this club for the next season.
Jun 29, 2013 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
I was expecting more for the final episode. Well, there were some images from part we didn't saw at all, could it be a signal for a second season? If so, I'm up for it!

I will be reading the manga of this now.. That final was really open.
The magic Key work is not something you can explain, it's something that you let it happen .. It's very beautiful and masterful.
Jun 29, 2013 11:13 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Please, please, please let there be a second season.

petch said:
I feel I'm one of the few who actually liked this episode.

Nakamura's VA was fucking amazing if nothing else can be said, and the animation quality has improved since the early episodes. And we got this awesome gif!

Episode was great, but no conclusion. Of course, people are going to cry, but if a second season is coming then this was a perfectly fine ending.
Jun 29, 2013 11:30 PM

Aug 2009
Kind of spoilerific last ep, but also kind of awesome. I guess I'm one of the only people that actually liked this 9/10. I kinda doubt theres gonna be an s2, but the end of part 1 part gives me hope. Well off to read the manga.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 29, 2013 11:51 PM

Feb 2010
reading the first 3 posts
what the fuck is wrong with this community

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Jun 29, 2013 11:55 PM

Aug 2011
Well. From a production perspective, wouldn't it be a hell of a lot of work to create all those scenes for the montage? This is rotoscoping here, they have to find every location, set it up, get everyone there, act it out right, then animate it. Every single bit of it, for what we're only going to see for a few seconds? This is what is leading me to believe that 1. This ep didn't stem from "a lack of budget" and 2. second season could very well be in the works already

9/10 for me, one of the best shows I've seen in a while, and I feel so bad for people who couldn't get past the art style.
Jun 29, 2013 11:57 PM
Jul 2018
I'm guessing that montage was a semi apology for being such a horribly paced show
Jun 30, 2013 12:02 AM

May 2013
I hope for a second season.
Jun 30, 2013 12:14 AM
Apr 2011
I commemorate this anime for being over the top different but...that's not to say I enjoyed watching it. The classroom destroying scene (the scene, not the episode), was amazing. The slow pace of every other scene along with the serious discomfort built up from previous scenes caused that scene to erupt in emotion and just feel so good! But besides that scene, I was just bored. Too much time spent showing scenery, too much time twiddling thumbs. At the end of the day, I probably would have enjoyed the show more if it had been animated in a more regular fashion. Can't be sure about that though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2013 12:14 AM

Dec 2012
I'm at a complete loss of words for this series. Even 13 episodes later, I can't tell if I liked this or not. But something about it kept drawing me in despite my indifference. I really hope they decide to say fuck the piece of shit (Nakamura style y'know) sales and go for a season 2. I've only watched the anime, but it seemed like everything that happened in this "Part One" was laying down the foundation for bigger events to come.

It has definitely made me want to pick up the manga though, no doubt.
Jun 30, 2013 12:16 AM

Dec 2012
RediceRyan said:
Interesting final episode. The future flashforward showed most of the major events that will happen. Kind of spoiling it. .
Yeah, not big on that. Maybe it was just in case there wasn't a second season they could reveal what happened or allude to future events? I hope there will be one though. It seems like the creators think there will be.

Anyway the way the ED played throughout most of the episode and was replaced at the end was great. And the flower opening its eyes gave me chills. This was arguably the weakest episode yet, but it was still very good.
PolyphemusJun 30, 2013 12:22 AM
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 30, 2013 12:19 AM

May 2011
I hope they do make a second season, because if they do. The people that said this series was disappointing, I guarantee you'll say it was amazing after the second.

Jun 30, 2013 12:23 AM

May 2011
MoeGalacticHero said:
RediceRyan said:
Interesting final episode. The future flashforward showed most of the major events that will happen. Kind of spoiling it. .
Yeah, not big on that. Maybe it was just in case there wasn't a second season they could reveal what happened or allude to future events? I hope there will be one though.

If not a second season, at least a movie. I believe they can fit all the major events that lead to the climax.

Jun 30, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:

Utter rubbish. I did like seeing the panty dungeon though.

This sums it up nicely
Jun 30, 2013 12:48 AM

Jan 2013
Well i can tell just by those hints that if they decide to make a second season i will be much better than the first one. Hypedforpart2/10
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Yesterday, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.