Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2013 8:24 AM
Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
yay togemon finally digivolves. love how the parents are coming into this.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 6, 2013 5:39 PM

Apr 2010
I really like Lillimon. I have really been waiting for Togemon to digivole and I wasn't disapointed. Including the parents in everything seems like a really realistic touch and it's actually one of the things I always remembered from watching Digimon when I was a kid.
Mar 21, 2014 6:12 AM

Dec 2012
Lol what's with the rushed digivolves and lack of animation?
Apr 10, 2014 7:03 AM
Mar 2013
Sasuke10271994 said:
I really like Lillimon. I have really been waiting for Togemon to digivole and I wasn't disapointed. Including the parents in everything seems like a really realistic touch and it's actually one of the things I always remembered from watching Digimon when I was a kid.
Like you I've also been waiting for Lillymon. She should've digivolved in episode 25 but since Mimi wasn't being completely sincere the evolution was delayed until now.

And I have to agree, the inclusion of everyone's families makes the series more realistic and enjoyable. That's the major reason I love this arc so much. And I have to add that Mimi's dad is very brave ^^

On another note it was cool to see Sora remember Joe's idea of chanting to beat back the Bakemon.
Jul 8, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
This episode is just full of edge-of-your-seat material. I think Gomamon and Patamon are the only ones left to reach ultimate, but since it's strongly implied that Angemon has the strength of an ultimate (or close to, at least), I doubt Angemon is gonna hit his ultimate form anytime soon.

Lillymon is the type of dainty Digimon I expected Mimi to have for sure.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 12, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2009
This show can bring me to tears sometimes. ;_;

I like how this show doesn't portray the parents as negligent or stupid. As a poster has alr said, it's a realistic touch and the strong emphasis on family makes it relatable. Mimi's dad is really brave; he failed but he still had guts and that was admirable. Yamato's dad is cool too. He's going to be such a big help to the Chosen Children.
Aug 12, 2014 2:35 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
..., but since it's strongly implied that Angemon has the strength of an ultimate (or close to, at least), I doubt Angemon is gonna hit his ultimate form anytime soon.

Lillymon is the type of dainty Digimon I expected Mimi to have for sure.

Angemon is the most powerful "champion level" digimon if it comes to fight against the darkness digimon of type virus.

Also his digitation is the same.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 7, 2020 1:08 AM
Feb 26, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode.
Dec 3, 2015 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
Vongole said:
This show can bring me to tears sometimes. ;_;

I like how this show doesn't portray the parents as negligent or stupid. As a poster has alr said, it's a realistic touch and the strong emphasis on family makes it relatable. Mimi's dad is really brave; he failed but he still had guts and that was admirable. Yamato's dad is cool too. He's going to be such a big help to the Chosen Children.

I definitely had tears. Everyone was worried about their children despite the danger they were in. It was touching, especially since you rarely see parents play a role in children's series. Lillimon is kawaii. :D
Jun 15, 2016 8:15 AM

Feb 2013
Mimi's parents are funny.
It's nice to see the reactions of their parents when they saw the digimons.
Mar 29, 2018 8:05 PM

Apr 2017
Great episode, and the children's parents make it a lot more enjoyable.
--------
Aug 8, 2018 6:30 PM
Mar 2018
I liked this episode. The premise with Myotismon sending a fog upon the village and stuff was pretty cool.
Jan 21, 2019 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
Am I crazy or the character's art is totally different for this episode? Specially the parents of the kids.
Mar 20, 2020 4:27 PM

May 2008
Yay, Lilimon! It's amazing how Mimi's Crest doesn't activate because of anything special, just her deciding how horrible Vamdemon is being. On one hand, it's simple and sincere like Mimi is. On the other, it's pretty dumb. lol Don't know how to feel about it, kinda cuts down on the shivers when it's basically "that's it?". Poor Palmon though, Mimi is so mean to her in the most bluntest of ways. Kinda wish they gave her a less slightly high-pitched childish voice for Lilimon too...

At least we know where Mimi's tendencies come from. Her mom is just as selfish as spoiled. Her dad is alright though.

Best dad is still and will always forever be Yamato's dad. I'm sad we never got to see his introduction to Gabumon. I feel cheated.

I don't really understand why Vamdemon is gathering everyone up. Why not just the kids since they're the only ones that matter? What purpose does gathering the parents really serve? It's not any of them are a threat; with the fog they'll probably starve to death in due time.

Speaking of... Is the fog covering up some of the sun? Vamdemon suddenly look fine and dandy out and about during the day.

It's funny how they all moved from Hikarigaoka to Odaiba except Takeru. What a coincidence!

Renato said:
Am I crazy or the character's art is totally different for this episode? Specially the parents of the kids.

Probably because they put the good quality people on this episode. Every the kids look better than they usually do. Taichi's parents look the same as they did before just a bit better.
Oct 7, 2020 1:12 AM

Dec 2012
Dat theme.
Vamdemon. Dat fog.
Palmon.
Mimi's papa?
Why Mimi got size 10 feet?
Mimi's mama.
Jo. Dat 54.
lol at Yamato.
Dat photo.
Hikari.
Taichi's hand is shaking.
A digimon.
Gizamon. Child. Dat attack.
Takeru's kaasan.
Dat theme.
Yamato's oyaji lives.
Jo.
Phantomon. Perfect.
Sora. Sora's kaasan.
Taichi.
Dat scream. Bakemon.
Kaasan got taken.

My goodness. I love this episode. The use of Balero in this episode with the fog making it look like a Hosoda episode at certain points reminds me of the movie and episode 21.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 15, 2021 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
I'm always a sucker for stupid lovebirds parents. It now makes so much sense how Mimi turned out the way she is lol.

Lilimon evolution is very rushed though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.