Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2013 1:30 PM

May 2013
I'll give 8 for the art and 6.5 for the story. Not really shocking but decent for me.

RESTORED ENDING CONFIRMED WOOHOOOooooOOO

And lol that joke site. It was a great site with great layout until everything ends and..........
HIBIKI ALWAYS GETS A HUG
But wow, Nitta doesnt ask Hibiki for a date. But nice back-up plan of Hibiki, calling Nitta and let them walk on their own. Everyone's being cute no? Jungo and Airi lksjhclkdhckdh

YAMATO. DO YOU REMEMBER HIBIKI. I suppose he remembers anything everything along with Hibiki but he's just good at hiding it

And the ending scene is full of ppl again ayeyeye

WHY DOES HIBIKI CRY
THIS ENDING YOU CHOSE YOURSELF AND YOU CRY come on dear

And I think the ending would've been good if everything happened like in the game. AND OH THAT ALCOR ENDING
Jun 27, 2013 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
I loved it!

Now just need the game to be released soon. A few more months I guess.
Jun 27, 2013 1:42 PM
Apr 2013
o0yamaki0o said:
I loved it!

Now just need the game to be released soon. A few more months I guess.

Autumn in Japan if I'm not mistaken is 8 August-6 November, so it'll be released around those times (hopefully August).
Jun 27, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2010
Lol this show... mediocre to the very end... =/

4/10
Jun 27, 2013 1:44 PM

May 2011
4/10

The only likeable aspect of this Anime was the opening song. Everything else just wasn't right.
Jun 27, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
snarlmane said:
Yeah, about that. How did Hibiki know that fusing those specific Demons with one another in that order would result in Lucifer?

Oh, that's right, bad writing.

just another inconsistency.

@Hybridbloodszak

my main problem..aside from the bad writing and plot holes and poor character development was the the all the deaths had no meaning...no weight ! i didnt feel bad for all the ppl that got killed off ..it wasnt even sad.

i really bawled my eyes out for example:
if u seen it u probably know what im talking about..my english isnt good enough to describe it better :)

Yeah I understand the death thing. That's why I thought that making the anime longer would give it more time to develop it's characters. That's the problem with one cour anime, they're too short. They can be amazing and develop characters really well if done properly (like AnoHana) but for shows like DeSu2 with too much plot they need more than 13 episodes.

I think I'll probably change my score since I was really caught up at the moment. 7/10
Jun 27, 2013 1:52 PM

Aug 2012
wait, Lucifer!? I thought that demon was called Helel.
Jun 27, 2013 1:55 PM

Mar 2008
Was expecting a MAJOR asspull. I was not dissapointed.

Was like watching SAO all over again.
Jun 27, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2010
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Was expecting a MAJOR asspull. I was not dissapointed.

Was like watching SAO all over again.

chek out #6 on first page.
posted while it happened lol

about sao..#22
Jun 27, 2013 2:05 PM
May 2012
if you want satan to be somewhat frightening then don't give him 6 tits ...
Jun 27, 2013 2:11 PM
Jul 2012
I'm hating the major asspulls, though the "Let's hug it out bitches" does go a long way to make up for that.
Jun 27, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2011
I think I have cancer.

1/10 for the ending, 3/10 as a whole. Might lower it to 2/10 though, I'll see.
Jun 27, 2013 2:24 PM

May 2009
This anime flew too fast for me. If the pacing was slower it would had been great, but I guess I can leave that excitement for Devil Survivor 2 remake.
Jun 27, 2013 2:31 PM

Mar 2013
morshuwarrior said:
This show was... really stupid. No idea why I even sat through the whole thing.

4/10.

Yeah not a very good show... gave it a 4/10 as well.
Jun 27, 2013 2:41 PM

May 2012
I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get to see Polaris. The Asspulls in this were pretty funny. I mean Hibiki being saved and the demon fusion. I wonder why didn't Yamamoto use the fusion of during the trials. This was a decent ending.
Jun 27, 2013 2:43 PM

May 2013
Still a better love story than Clannad, though (:
Jun 27, 2013 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
Hahaha I was right!!! I knew he would summon Lucifer since Lu is the strongest demon in the game. After all he maxed out friendship with Alcor thus unlocking Lucifer for summoning. They used his angel form (Helel) instead of the demonic form, but it's okay, he's handsome!

Overall, ending is predictable, they changed so many things from the game, rushed it freaking fast, and kill people off for no reason but still enjoyable because of the OP & ED and the insert song. I'll give this adaption...probably 5-6/10

Now wait for persona 3 the movie!!!
I am the Marshmallow of Justice
Platinum is my body and Disco in my blood
I have created over 9000 Platinum toothbrushes
Unknown to Ghosts, Nor known to Demons
Have withstood Vampires, Phoenix & Bee to create many Parodies
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Platinum Works!
Jun 27, 2013 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
Bleh, this series was pretty disappointing. I gave it a 6/10 and the only reason why was the animation and music was downright fantastic. This series was a heaping mess from a character development standpoint.
Jun 27, 2013 3:06 PM

Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
"a friends demon has arrived" ASSPULL!
I agree.
I know it was suppose to be a serious fight scene but as soon as Hibiki got the other demons I was laughing throughout the enitre battle.
YAMATO!!!!
HIBIKI!!!!
Lmao I didnt like seeing Yamato so worked up...he was suppose to be the always cool character. Everything after the fight was really nice. Seeing everyone again and Yamato's reaction at the end was the best.
Jun 27, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2012
This anime was soo slow -_-

Jun 27, 2013 3:17 PM

May 2013
Sigh... I actually hoped the fight between Hibiki and Yamatato would be awesome. I got a boring and repetitive conversation with a demon hug at the end. The only good thing about the first part of the episode was the demon fusion, which was introduced way too late btw. We didn't even get to see Polaris.
The second part was better. But now that I think about it, the anime didn't even show the backgrounds for most of the characters. As far as I remember, it was never said that Keita wanted to be a famous boxer in the future, which makes his little 'happy ending scene' at the end kinda pointless. At least we do know that he is happy now, right?

Overvall, it was a mediocre adaption of an awesome game.
Jun 27, 2013 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
Toucanbird said:
Bleh, this series was pretty disappointing. I gave it a 6/10 and the only reason why was the animation and music was downright fantastic. This series was a heaping mess from a character development standpoint.

This plus a fitting a ending.

A Boring ending for a boring show. It tried to be persona and it failed horriblly.
Jun 27, 2013 3:25 PM

Nov 2009
No one mentioned that six-tits-satan yet? Why?
Jun 27, 2013 3:27 PM

Oct 2011
Saito6689 said:
No one mentioned that six-tits-satan yet? Why?
Maybe it's because he's alway like that in the SMT series.

oh and Arioch is a vagi** look-alike demon too you know....
I am the Marshmallow of Justice
Platinum is my body and Disco in my blood
I have created over 9000 Platinum toothbrushes
Unknown to Ghosts, Nor known to Demons
Have withstood Vampires, Phoenix & Bee to create many Parodies
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Platinum Works!
Jun 27, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Wtf was that with those summons? Aren't Lucifer and Satan the same being?

Plus they even hugged each other. :/

But w/e, slow episode, ending everybody expected, nothing new here.
Jun 27, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2011
lol am I the only one who freakin' LOVED this anime? I don't really mind all the inconsistencies in it. And this last episode was awesome! That battle was really nice. Awh I'm gonna miss my Yamato-sama. :(
LuxtressJun 27, 2013 3:36 PM
Jun 27, 2013 3:56 PM

Jan 2012
Toucanbird said:

Exactly
Jun 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Apr 2010
Poor Hibiki, why is he so happy? Seems like he could have a great world and sacrificed everything to leave humans a chance.
Not my favorite ending, but it was well done. At least for who knows Shin Megami Tensei it makes sense.

Lucifer vs Satan, that was a good and short battle, but my favorite is still the angel Metatron, this time with a dark skin.
I don't know about grade should I give to Desu2 animation, I'll think it a bit.
Jun 27, 2013 4:28 PM

Sep 2010
8/10 I liked this show I guess it because of the fact that I haven't played the game nor own a 3DS.

The final battle was boring until the end when his friend's demons were transferred. I guess I was hoping for more action than what I got in the end. The conclusion after the battle was satisfying, but typical happy ending.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 27, 2013 4:33 PM

Jan 2012
Well I think this show had some good themes and the art and sound was really good, and there were a few exciting moments, but mostly everything was just so predictable and cheesy and it gets very tiresome after a while. The Hibiki-Yamato fight was terrible, especially the whole "a friend's demon has arrived" bullshit, I laughed at how crappy this show is when that happened. You could see what was coming a mile off. Hibiki would defeat him, and then everything would return to how it was, except there would be no demons.
It would've been interesting to see Yamato's world though. I was rooting for him throughout the show even though I knew he would eventually lose.
I suppose this would appeal to a younger audience though, I can imagine I'd enjoy this show if I was a kid.
Still, I feel like I'm being too generous giving this a 5/10.
bakapuntJun 27, 2013 4:37 PM
Jun 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Jan 2012
GrayFT said:

Lucifer is transliterated from the Hebrew hêlēl so it's the same thing.
Jun 27, 2013 4:56 PM

Aug 2011
Leapling said:
Still a better love story than Clannad, though (:

Amen to that.
Jun 27, 2013 5:00 PM
Apr 2011
bakapunt said:
GrayFT said:

Lucifer is transliterated from the Hebrew hêlēl so it's the same thing.

Except for the fact that Lucifer looks totally different from Helel. In Persona 3, there are two demons named Lucifer and Helel. Helel was before he fell and Lucifer was after he fail so translation screw-up again, technically.
Jun 27, 2013 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
Obviously they have to summon the bad boys coughluciferandsatancough

good ending ^^b

8/10
Jun 27, 2013 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
Battle that has more talk than fighting.

Gattai, huh? And others' devil getting to Hibiki. After stopping him, back to the beginning. In the end, those two are the ones who have the memories of the week somehow. ED with everyone back!
tsubasaloverJun 27, 2013 5:34 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 27, 2013 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
Kerozinn said:
"a friends demon has arrived" ASSPULL!

Thought the same thing once I hear that.

Generic,reset ending=everyone's alive=good ending.5/10
VanishingKiraJun 27, 2013 5:57 PM
Jun 27, 2013 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
gonna play the game in near future... 8/10

Jun 27, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2008
I see they kept demon fusion, and demon transferring to the protagonist features from the game...but with his friends all dead to send them, a little late to the party, no? Or does Polaris's domain just have bad reception, I don't know.

It seems they threw out all the demon fusion recipes since practically none of them work in the games, using maybe only one of the mentioned demons in the anime for each demon. For example, Yamato used Nebiros and Zao gongen together to make Satan, but it's impossible in the game to use those two together. Not to mention Hibiki had a hack fest with his rule-breaker fusion willy nilly...way to disrespect the source material creators; from when you first took on this adaption.

And fansubbers...Jack Frost!? They did it again, goddammit! I thought they would have rectified their mistake by now.

Ending: Only Hibiki and Yamato remember, because only those two made it to Polaris's domain? That's the only reason I can think of. Hibiki is still too emo. Could have done without the breakdown on his knees after seeing Yamato alive and well.

Ending was as I thought it'd be. Too bad no Polaris fight...but with all his friends dead, it'd be pointless. If I never played the game, or played it after watching the anime, I'm sure I'd enjoy it a lot more. But since I didn't, needless to say my opinion of the show was overall meh. I think they would have done well to stretch out the series to at least double the number of episodes, so around 24+ to flush out character development that they scrapped here, if they wanted to do a proper adaption, which they don't because they just care about ratings, and disc sales.

I don't see why everyone is all up in arms about Alcor at the end. He only said humanity didn't need him anymore, it's not like he's dead (anymore)...he could of just returned to being an overseer of humanity instead of the one lending a hand or meddling in human affairs.

Still waiting on Devil Survivor Overclocked adaption, and Persona 1-3, done properly unlike this poorly written show...although I'm not holding my breath, since their upper brass seem to be all idiots hellbent on letting numbers and money steer good stories into the ground.

Final thoughts: 7/10, only because it was Devil Survivor 2, and nothing more. if it were any other title I didn't care about, it'd be 1/10 for Appalling.

...Persona 3 Anime did it better. Although still not as good as the game.
Jun 27, 2013 7:00 PM

May 2013
Yeah, was not what I was expecting but ok. Hibiki vs. Yamato was good, but after that the show ended for me. But still a good anime, well animated, and I really enjoyed it. :)
Jun 27, 2013 7:32 PM

Apr 2009
For anyone who has played the game, was the ending use Daiichi's Route? I've played it twice using the Alcor and Yamato's route so I don't know there's this kind of ending in the game
CloudValkyrieJun 27, 2013 7:36 PM
Jun 27, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
Demon fusion saved the day, yay.
8/10 because Yamato.
Please understand.
Jun 27, 2013 7:49 PM
Jun 2013
Very upset, there isn't a final boss at the last minute like Polaris. The battle with Yamato is upsetting. 7 /10
Jun 27, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2011
Meh, 6/10 for the show.
Jun 27, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
4/10
Jun 27, 2013 8:08 PM
May 2013
Bad adaptation...very mediocre anime....

5/10
Jun 27, 2013 8:14 PM
May 2013
@4kicks haha this dude explained mostly everything that was going on in my head!! And I haven't played Persona 3 but I played the portable version; I actually kind of liked that game! Not too bad.

Ahh man really though that attack Lucifer gave to Satan, he sure did defeated him with a huge ass hug lol.
Jun 27, 2013 8:21 PM

May 2011
The series started ok. But 13 episodes was not enough. I don't get how people think that like in a 9 hour game (I haven't played the game and just giving an example).

Also the ending was kind of gay.

At least they should have done a big colission between Lucifer and Satan. But no, there was nothing. Just a ''happy hug'' and the annoying POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.

I thought it was going to be a very enjoyable series but it really dissapointed me.

Well I give it 5/10

I love it's music, animation and somehow I love the character of Hibiki and Ureu Mono. But I thought it would be enjoyable but it was a let down.
Jun 27, 2013 8:22 PM

Jun 2012
This was totally a predictable ending, but I liked it. It was still sort of disappointing, but this type of anime rarely has an ending that suits my taste. It felt like allot of the epicness was drained away by the ending, though it wasn't as bad as something else I had read before so I'm happy. Still, I liked the anime, but the ending felt a little rushed, especially Yamato and Hibiki's battle.
Jun 27, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
As expected, power of frienship never fails. I wanted Yamato to win, but I'm ok with this ending.
And Yamato remembers!!!
Hibiki/Yamato = OTP OF THE SEASON

8/10
Jun 27, 2013 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
I think this one, like Persona 4 The Animation, is more of a story for the fans of the games. I do feel like it should've been a longer series as much was rushed at the end. It was still good though.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

129 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.