Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 28, 2013 5:16 PM

May 2011
Finally over. It had a good first episode, went downhill, showed signs of going up again, then kept going downhill. 5 to me is average, so 4/10 for a bit below average. They ruined this imouto arc by not having blood related. Hmph. I'll just cherish my Oreimo ending then.
Jun 28, 2013 5:24 PM

Jan 2011
As soon as that photo album appeared I knew it was going to be the not-blood related ending. It says a lot when the most interesting girl in the show, Uchida, doesn't get a route. Other than the OP, this was a totally mediocre series and reinforced how good Amagami SS was in comparison.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 28, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2010
I thought the art style and some of the scenes in this series were nice, but this could barely be called "animated". Even excluding the photo still parts, most of the shows were just stills or had very little movement in them.

The stories were okay and I do appreciate a slow plot sometimes, but the show was a little too boring.

There was nothing offensively bad here I guess, but it really was a bland effort.

As for this episode: meh.
Jun 28, 2013 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
dafuq? the final episode is incest? lol XD never thought about it.. ! why the sister? why not uchida? :/

well at last it has a good story,, :3
in the middle I know that they are not related in blood :3

nice ending btw.. :3
Jun 28, 2013 7:41 PM

May 2013
This was a wincest episode. But of course, they're not blood related. Typical.

Dat bath scene. Maeda and Kanon both wore swimming gear, lol.

Maeda is such a pervert even though they're not really siblings.

Yay, pictures of Kanon!
And more swimsuit pictures at the beach!
Not only of Kanon, but also of Katsumi and Narita of the Photo Club!

So, the beach is where their relationship started. I like how they go back to it.

And during the flashback, their mother shouted "Kazuya!"
I was like, "Who the hell is Kazuya?"
Then I remembered I got used to calling Kazuya by his last name, Maeda.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 28, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, PHOTOKANO!?

Well, okay, a lot of things, but

YOU HAD A GREAT CHANCE TO REDEEM YOURSELF AND YOU FUCK IT OVER WITH FAKECEST!?
Jun 28, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2012
Redfoxoffire said:
THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, PHOTOKANO!?

Well, okay, a lot of things, but

YOU HAD A GREAT CHANCE TO REDEEM YOURSELF AND YOU FUCK IT OVER WITH FAKECEST!?

LOL XD dont know why.. but I'm totally agree with you! XD
Jun 28, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
Arlia said:
symbv said:
That said, omnibus format used so far in shows from Amagami to Yosuga no Sora seems to be quite successful, at least from fans' feedback and sales point of view. I guess to many their preference do not vary as extreme which is why they have less problem with this format.
Photokano failed on this point because an one episode arc is damn too short.
I have to agree that one episode arc is just too short. Two is much better to do the arcs justice. I am sure the budget constraint definitely hurts here.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 28, 2013 9:22 PM

Oct 2010
Photokano makes more sense than Amagami. I don't think I ever took Amagami seriously again after the "Let's go to the library to look at pictures of dogs!!" Can't say it's a particularly deep or meaning anime, but at least I didn't get an eerie, unscratchable itch like I did when I watched spineless MCs in other anime get slapped around by asshat tsunderes.
Jun 28, 2013 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
More generic backgrounds, Maeda again being some random person who helps out. .
Could these stories be any lamer? Honestly, they seem pretty shallow and even worse, generic.
No, actually, this isn't quite my favorite series, probably a 4 or 5 out of 10.

Jun 28, 2013 10:19 PM
Nov 2010
Ejc said:

I like your summary of the two! So true... and even their calling of their big brothers are so similar! (Nii-yan vs Nii-Nii). Man, idk why... but imouto characters have so much charm in anime, LOL.

I'm wondering why the rage with sister themes... I don't have a sister myself but still get the feeling that there will never be an actual adorable cute sister irl. xD Unless there's a big cultural gap between brother and sisters in the US and in Japan. o.o But yeah, so true, watching this type of anime, makes me want to have an anime little sister. xD

I actually was really disappointed they didn't have a Yuko Uchida arc. I was expecting there to be one in the last episode, there would've been so much potential since he could've discovered her secret identity or other side to her that she never portrays at school but only as a cosplayer. =o What's the point of even introducing that idea when he found her costume if they weren't gonna have an arc about her? So disappointed. D:
Jun 28, 2013 11:08 PM

Apr 2013
errrr got weird when they go to the sister part..I thought they were blood related and you know..stuff was gonna happen but turns out they wern't...not a enjoyable series as I could see him fall in love with all the girls. If I had to recommend someone watching this I would say watch up to episode 6. 6/10
Jun 28, 2013 11:20 PM

Jan 2011
Amagami SS and YnS do it right. This unfortunately did not. Compare Miya arc from Amagami to this imouto arc here for example. In any case, Hearing that Photokano was going to be a "spiritual successor" to Amagami made me pretty excited to start this as Amagami is really one of my favorite romance anime (surprisingly given it's dating sim origin...oh an Ai Nanasaki is forever best girl). They tried to do too much in too few of episodes. On top of that there is no real special bond with each girl and MC. Given what this show tried to do...6/10. It flat out didn't do it and none of the girls and more importantly the relationships made any significant impact. At least for me.

The best thing that came out of this show was it made me want to watch Amagami SS again and did so in 2 free days > <

edit: Maybe even 5/10 after I give it more thought. Romance is my favorite genre after all.
IZEROIIJun 28, 2013 11:26 PM
Jun 29, 2013 1:00 AM

Sep 2010
Meh..... Whole series is mediocre at best....

Atleast they could've made the final episode more interesting by giving us a real incest relationship.....

6/10
Jun 29, 2013 2:35 AM

May 2013
LOL the "were not blood related" revelation line never gets old haha.
Tch.
Jun 29, 2013 2:40 AM

Nov 2012
sweetsymphony said:
LOL the "were not blood related" revelation line never gets old haha.

Haha, instant OK.

Liked photo Kano, some girls were a bit meh but overall enjoyed watching it, feels a bit like a cheating show, only 12 eps so many endings... you cheater Photo Kano.
But yeah, 7/10.

Jun 29, 2013 4:49 AM

May 2010
I am tired of these, "She is not my sibling but half/adopted sibling arcs"... They always begin the same and end the same. I liked Kanon anyways.

I am also tired of beach moments in this series but I really liked it over-all. I enjoyed it for it is and didn't whine how bad the art/story/execution is. I really liked so a 9/10 from me. It had some great girls with a beautiful ending and opening song.

It was better than Karneval for me which had nothing but great art and a badly executed story by mixing in some I-want-it-to-be-a-yaoi-no-I-can't-but-I-will-add-anyways. A lot of potential was wasted in that series but well, this is better.
Jun 29, 2013 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
My little sister can't be this adopted.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 29, 2013 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
I have to give it a 6/10...it wasn't a horrible show or below par, but honestly the mixed plots and how the chracaters changed plot to plot...I just well frankly from how the first couple eps where the departure and what you got were..yeah.

Point is not terrible but not good either.
Jun 29, 2013 9:30 AM

Jun 2012
Like, I was surprised on so many levels by this.
At first, I was surprised by the twist. Then, I was surprised that they would include that sort of a cop out. After that, I was surprised at how surprised I was at the prior two things. Following that, I was surprised that I'd actually finished a show as, well, un-amazing as this.

But yeah, I rather liked the music for the OP, but in the end, this was a lackluster show. Cute not-related-by-blood younger sister is still cute though. I imagine there's few things better than being called nii-yan, and I'm not bitter for having watched this show. It's kinda like those bad movies that are enjoyable for how bad they happen to be.
Jun 29, 2013 11:09 AM

Jun 2013
Well. Since every episode of this series is always like one episode ending i like their scene and easy story to watch. The twist about this episode is well too. From first episode i've always thinking it's only 7 girls -_- because the ending song only shows 7 of them.
not-related-blood is sure boring :v
Jun 29, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:

So much wasted potential, I really liked Photokano for the first few episodes until Haruka's route finished and it became episodic. I mean depending on the routes, the girls' episodes as standalones were good but it was too episodic for me. It would have made more sense to wholly focus on one route and do OVAs for the other girls if they wanted to just do one girl per episode.

This. They should have at least given 2 episode per girl, they advance prettyq uickly and sometimes it didn't made much sense. Still, liked the anime, 7/10
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Jun 29, 2013 4:09 PM

Mar 2012
Well, at least boost some score. This show doesn't deserved a 6 =/
Keep moving forward
Jun 30, 2013 6:16 AM

Aug 2009
4/10
I would not even want my worst enemy to watch this series
This was just bad all way through, I can't believe that I watched all of this >,>

This is a show that should be thrown away and forgotten and never spoken of again. 凸(-0-メ)
Jun 30, 2013 11:55 AM
May 2012
"Not blood related" huh. Well, kinda shocking but not new.

Overall, i though I'd be done by the first 4 episodes because i don't see any romance, then the 1-episode omnibuses came in after Haruka's 2 episode route. Though just 1 episode, i felt that each episode gave enough summary. So yeah, I'm satisfied.

7/10
Jun 30, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
worst anime of this season I have watched

5/10 because I'm feeling generous
Jun 30, 2013 9:05 PM

Nov 2012
Khalan3 said:
worst anime of this season I have watched

5/10 because I'm feeling generous

Completely agree.

And really turns out they weren't blood related all along.4/10
Jun 30, 2013 11:55 PM

Jun 2011
Wow no surprise there on them avoiding the incest. Overall the series has been average.
Jul 1, 2013 11:39 AM

Feb 2013
Well an average ending to an average anime.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jul 4, 2013 6:22 PM

May 2012
A 3/10 ending to a 5.5/10 series.
TragicRomance said:
I am tired of these, "She is not my sibling but half/adopted sibling arcs"... They always begin the same and end the same. I liked Kanon anyways.

Half? and what anime has that? Half is still closely related. Anyways i still agree, I'm getting tired of that crap as well.
Jul 5, 2013 10:17 AM

Jun 2010
Bad series, deserves a 4/10. I hope Madhouse makes a comeback with their next series. Well, that's excluding HxH since their adaptation of HxH is consistently awesome.
Jul 8, 2013 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
Raphow said:
did madhouse really animate this?
the animation is horrendous , the artwork too and too many stills, ...

Yes they did but it's obvious they hardly bothered with it.

Anyway is finally over and am glad cause it was getting tiring and i had a hard time motivating myself to even see the last two episodes. Such anime need great characters and meaningful moments but the main was quite bad and the girls hardly flesh out since there was absolutely no time. Also the anime spend too much time on brainless stupid stuff.
Certainly a low budget production with very few merits.
Jul 9, 2013 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Ok pretty bad series indeed... the 1 episodes arc's pissed me off quite a bit as well...
Would have of been better if they just ended on the Harem route instead of going every dam route.

Maybe i'm being too sweet but it still gets a 7/10 from me which is my normal rating anyways.
Jul 13, 2013 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
dat imouto still can't save the series. I hope they are not making a sequel.
Aug 30, 2013 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
>Actually is his step-sister
>100% reason for incest
And I thought this show can't get any worse.
Aug 31, 2013 12:24 PM

Sep 2011
Separation of anime episodes on with different girls just killed everything. Although the arch with a good sister. 6/10.
Sep 19, 2013 5:24 AM

Sep 2012
People Stop calling it incest when they are not blood related, GEEZ, nothing against incest anime, but ton't call a anime that is not incest anime a incest anime, i have finished school & i'm 28, if u want ask form ur parents or teachers, teachers are even smarter so better ask them, parents mite feel uncomfortable talking about it specially if u have step siblings, & they wold lie to u to avoid the problem that u become teenage parents, well if they ton't know any other solutions, parents in panic can do dumb things & over react
Sugram22Sep 19, 2013 8:31 AM
Oct 12, 2013 9:16 AM

May 2013
well i was going to give it a 7 but then moruto senpai arc felt rush, unsincerer and is ruined. so -1

overall 6/10
Dec 30, 2013 8:35 AM
Jul 2013
Did not seem an ending, but as the previous episode.
Jan 3, 2014 3:13 AM

Nov 2009
Welp, this show was a good ride. >w>
This anime can be an example of how you shouldn't adapt an omnibus-planned adaption though. Even I was confused at first when I was watching... I had to hear it from others (and reading comments on these forums) that it was actually arc-based; so despite me being a general vn reader, this was pretty bad...

7/10
Feb 6, 2014 5:34 PM

Jun 2012
I thought it was a sweet ending.
Not real incest but I still got off on it.
Kanon the cutest.

7/10
Jun 1, 2014 10:57 PM

Apr 2010
It seems the blurays add a little of new scenes in each route ending. Now a kiss is shown with all the routes including Kanon.

MysteryFan89Jun 1, 2014 11:35 PM
Jul 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
So they went full-on incest (the version I watched), fucking disgusting. Why do they have to end it with the sister?

Well I liked Haruka's route and the student council president route, the rest, not so much. The characters needs more development.

Where is Uchida's route? I was waiting for that.

Overall, 6/10. Im such a lenient guy.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 15, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't enjoy it that much. The story wasn't that great with the camera and all. Felt like the guy was just taking photos and getting girls. I don't even know why the girls would agree to be his model. But it was still fun to watch especially Haruka, Aki and Nonoka's arc. 6/10
Jul 15, 2014 6:51 PM

Nov 2007
I felt the sister route was too cliche as usual. Getting incested feelings for each other and surprise-surprise, midway through the episode they say she's not blood-related. I would've been SOOO much happier if they had an episode for Uchida instead since she was so much more interesting. Though I find it disappointing that 6 episodes went ti Niimi Haruka pretty much while the rest of the girls had 1 epi.
Aug 20, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2014
wtf there's no sensie route!
Oct 10, 2014 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
Even though it's not Uchida's arc it's still good.. Though I would be more happier if it was..

So this officially ends the anime.. I would say this anime is fine, not bad and not good.. The pacing is too quick and it would seem there's a lot of cut scenes.. It would be better if it was like Amagami SS (the whole romance build up and arc storyline)..
Overall, I somewhat enjoyed this one..

~ 6/10 ~
Oct 22, 2014 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
Sweet ending :)
7/10 for whole series.
Ejc said:
symbv said:
^ I kind of like the "camera-distorted view" artwork (I find it oddly appealing) and the rawer and deeper color palette (compared to Amagami). Not that I don't like Amagami - in fact I like it a lot - but the artwork in Photokano somehow appeals to me even more. ;-)

But if you remember, in Amagami the sister stays a real sister ;-)

Haha true. I guess it's not so bad, lol.
Which imouto do you think is cuter? Kanon or Miya? XD

Lol, without any hesitations - KANON
rsc-plOct 22, 2014 3:18 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 8, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
I thought in a final worst, instead I found an episode with an atmosphere and a narrative that convinced me not to reject entirely the TV series in the end. The story although not innovative I liked it, because he has been able to manage quite well the relationship between Maeda and sister; to crown such sweetness given to the narrative, was the soundtrack that closed the circle well. This TV series is successful at the last minute to earn some point, thanks to the last two arches, but the fact remains that it was done really bad, with a few episodes and produced by Mad House in a really mediocre. Unfortunately, because of these flaws, the anime takes a vote of 6/10!
Jul 4, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2014
I'm surprised it's rated so low. For me it was very good. Not as good as Amagami, but close. If stories were 2-3 episodes long instead of 1 I'd be nearly perfect.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite girl.

Kanorin - Jun 22, 2013

25 by 0nder_16 »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

104 by Kraum »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:49 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

118 by maaroc »»
Sep 15, 2022 10:35 AM

» I absolutely hate it when shows do this (Spoilers)

DEMOLITION_D - May 24, 2013

18 by RioAl »»
Jun 10, 2022 8:29 PM

» New kiss scenes in route endings on blurays.

MysteryFan89 - Jun 1, 2014

6 by Hereditus »»
May 5, 2021 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.