Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haruto bakaaaa

And Akira nooo, she's going crazy there. I definitely didn't like seeing that. Oh damn, gas. I guess the Dorssia guys are not fucking around this episode.

It looks like L-Elf is getting his ass kicked physically but I'm not too surprised. Go Akiraaaaaaa. She got out of that hideout at last. As I thought, she would become the pilot of the Purple Valvrave

Resign as human? YES. Eat that Dorssia.
Boku Ja Nai, Boku Ja Nai, Boku Ja Nai, Boku Ja Nai, Boku Ja Nai~

Akira :3

Preview @ the end for the second half, I'll tune in October when it airs.
Stark700Jun 27, 2013 10:23 AM
Jun 27, 2013 10:01 AM

May 2009
Fucking awesome.

All this mess.

Butthurt imminent
bastek66Jun 27, 2013 10:07 AM
Jun 27, 2013 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
So eru erefu is Saki and Haruto's child from the future? Either that or its Eru erefu and Saki's kid.

Akari's mech is fucking awesome, by the way.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 27, 2013 10:11 AM

Jun 2011
I have only 3 words to say.

WTF?!!!!

Okouchi I'm your FANBOY NOW!!!!!!

Edit after watched 10 times:

666/5
2thurielJun 28, 2013 7:54 AM
Jun 27, 2013 10:15 AM

Oct 2007
Valvrave VI is like Dragonar Unit 3 on crack....sad thing is nobody is going to get that reference.
Jun 27, 2013 10:50 AM

Sep 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Valvrave VI is like Dragonar Unit 3 on crack....sad thing is nobody is going to get that reference.

Valvrave VI is a electronic warfare unit like Unit 3 but stronger is what you're saying right?

never watched Dragonar but did played a bit of SRW A and watched the attack vids
Brigs77Jun 27, 2013 10:56 AM
Jun 27, 2013 11:01 AM

Oct 2007
Brigandi said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Valvrave VI is a electronic warfare unit like Unit 3 but stronger is what you're saying right?

never watched Dragonar but did played a bit of SRW A and watched the attack vids

You bring a smile to my face sir. Yeah Unit 3 mostly jams radars and can hack guided missile systems on the fly to disable the guidance while Valvrave VI just takes over your shit on contact ala Gundam Unicorns NTD system. Perhaps that would be a better comparison.
Jun 27, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2012
As expected the first cour ends with getting all the pilots together.

And quite a good glimpse of the second cour too!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 27, 2013 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
woot. Can't wait for the 2nd season!
But that was a very strange ending of 1st season lol...

Jun 27, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, so many wins in this episode.

VVV-tan's Oni-chan looks pretty ugly and incredibly pissed off:

The shadowy figure behind VVV-Tan in the ED2 was finally revealed. Maybe he was agitated because he is a black sheep of the Valvrave family compare to cute VVV-Tan lol

Her speaking for the first time is the highlight of this episode for me.

Somehow the rejected marriage proposal did not surprise me. Saki's pride does not allow her to agree to a short gun marriage out of guilt like that. She knows Haruto always loves Shouko. Thus, in order to properly propose, Haruto has to make up his mind to love Saki the way she is, and forget about Shouko. I really like this development since it adds depth to Saki's character. With this, the love triangle is still inconclusive and the two shipping camps can still go at each other from now to October!

Rant on/ Even though I find the shipping war funny at times, it has gotten worse as people are now trying to destroy other's favorite characters without looking back and understand why the characters do what they do. The opponent's character then becomes a one-dimensional target to be hated. This can turn the anime discussion into a flame war where most people coming out of it understand the anime less than they did before. /Rant off

I'm a bit disappointed at the little development Shouko showed after such a huge tragedy. I had expected her to switch into an impressive leader right there. I guess it's a bit of wishful thinking since the writers seems willing to keep her as a suffering ditsy head to be made fun of. This would be a huge waste of good character and I hope cour 2 will fix it. That said, the way Shouko motivated Akira to get out of that tent while still recovering from shock herself was very impressive. Although I hope Shouko would have been able to do more, her actions once again indirectly saved Module-77.

Akira's agony was portrayed really well. Kudos to her seiyuu. Shouko and Akira are bff now. Valvrave VI is an incredible hacking machine, very fitting with Akira's forte. But I believe that's not all VI can do. We will get to see more of its power in the next cour. Satomi somehow did not die as previously thought. In fact, no important characters died, making the bloodbath seems underwhelming. I guess they want to keep everyone alive for October.

L-elf got his first beat down in the series. However, Cain was cheating since he is practically a super vampire in comparison. Still, it was a bit surprising that L-elf was caught easily by A-Drei. I enjoy L-elf's frustration quite a bit. This shows why L-elf had to go with such extreme plan to fight Cain. L-elf's vulnerability balances the main cast's dynamic, leading to an interesting sequel.

bastek66 said:

Butthurt imminent

This will be the central point of speculation, along with the silver-hair kid 200 years in the future. Did Saki just make a deal with the devil there? Whose kid is he?

All in all, I really like Valvrave although I find the first cour did not do Shouko justice. This show is fun, flashy, and unpredictable. Characters have some depths and the story is intriguing. The first cour deserves 9/10 for my entertainment alone.
Jun 27, 2013 1:01 PM

Jan 2009
Saki x L-Elf? Ohh... I will like if it happens!
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jun 27, 2013 1:08 PM
Sep 2009
Cliffhangers: the most cruel method of torture know to man

Akira..kyaaaaaahh.. >.<

that kid..hahaha so L-elf is their kid? if this is a time loop thing plot it will be more epic XD but thats 211 yrs to the future does it mean that haruto is still alive then? O.o cause it really sad if Saki will be the only one in the future..that is indeed a curse.. :(

Or just as i thought since the 1st ep that L-elf will end up with Saki? thats better in my opinion and thats my origanal shipp after all.. :)

then that Arus-Dorsia meeting at the end yet both party seems smiling?..oooohhh
to many questions..we have the puzzle pieces but no idea of picture itself..hahah
oh well atleast i have 1 season of relaxing my mind after all this Spring Season anime has the most epic lineup.. 10/10 for the randomness yet fun plot(i just cant take it seriously like most mecha animes idk it myself).. XD
EkulerudamuruJun 27, 2013 1:31 PM
Jun 27, 2013 2:58 PM
Mar 2011
yes time travel
the kid is L-elf , son of a-drei and saki
i mean it seems dorsia royalty have white hair and purple? eyes
this is all guessing
graymoontsukiJun 27, 2013 3:10 PM
Jun 27, 2013 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
ThangLong said:

Honestly, I don't like his character design. Looks way too feminine.
(He looks like Hataraku Maou-Sama's Yuusha)
Btw, CV: Yonaga Tsubasa
Jun 27, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
So, Cain is the pilot of mysterious Valvrave II. Interesting.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jun 27, 2013 4:06 PM
Jun 2013
graymoontsuki said:
yes time travel
this is all guessing

Dude, maybe we can add Cain X Saki as a possible. They appear to have the same marking. Plus Saki is all about fame and power, so what better way to attain that then to join up with Dorssia
Jun 27, 2013 4:23 PM

Nov 2012
Blue_Wave9 said:
graymoontsuki said:
yes time travel
this is all guessing

Dude, maybe we can add Cain X Saki as a possible. They appear to have the same marking. Plus Saki is all about fame and power, so what better way to attain that then to join up with Dorssia

That's exactly what I was thinking, after all it has to be another valvrave pilot (It has to be another immortal vampire who can survive over 200 years with Saki), and the only posible options are Haruto and Cain, or maybe Kyuuma (Althought, I don't see it happening), I'll drop the series if it is thunder or whatever his name is.
L- Elf could be (I wish), but I think L-Elf is more likely to be the actual kid. Also, I was thinking, maybe Cain could the kid and he travel in time, and they use him and his Valvrave to create the other ones.
(Just speculation, if L-elf was the kid he would have try to approach Saki, but didn't maybe lost his memories. On the other hand we have that preview of Cain and Saki talking of who knows what, plus Cain looks to have a far more complex agenda than L-elf).

I wish they wouldn't have divided the series into two seasons. Can wait to see what will happen.....
jose21Jun 27, 2013 6:26 PM
Jun 27, 2013 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
Butthurt imminent
NTR incoming.

I hate Haruto but if this seriously happens I'm dropping this show.
Jun 27, 2013 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
She just rejected his wanting to take responsibility (kind of off topic, but annoying comment on raw: "Irino "what?" during that). Seems like OnoD's character is getting huge role from this ep. on (and seems like he's somewhat hugely related to Valvrave). What?? Even that hikikomori girl is going to be the pilot?? At this point?? Majokko??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 27, 2013 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
Welp. I can describe this series as being a "Troll/Funny" type, basically saying it was my go to for laughs and giggles. If it wasn't for all the laughs + gg's subs<3, I'd have dropped this show long ago.

5.5/10.
Jun 27, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2011
Since Cain gets VVV-2, that means not everyone in "Golden 7" have a VVV?...
I assume L-Elf is one of the seven.
I'm pretty sure there is NO VVV-8
Jun 27, 2013 6:10 PM

Apr 2009
I'm sorry, but this show is fucking brilliant. I'm not going to deny it any longer.

Season 2 fucking when? Fall? I have to wait until Fall? FUCK
Jun 27, 2013 6:12 PM

Feb 2012
Haruto really fucked up how he said the proposal there, that being said it looks like this is just the beginning hopefully season two picks up on a high note just like season one ended on one.
Jun 27, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2012
Well, with Saki rejecting him like that, seems like they are leaving it open for HaruxShouko to get back together. Plus that preview of Saki with Cain, not to mention the time skip in the beginning, hinting at Saki joining Cain in some way or another? Regardless, makes me think it will be Haru and Shouko at the end if he or she or both don't die.

Glad to see Akira get her Valvrave finally. I like the hacking ability it has, what a miracle it just happened to be behind a wall near a hacking genius!

One things for sure, Cain aint human and he seems to know everything thats going on with the Valvraves. He called Haru a 3rd generation. So he is king of space vampires?

Anyways, series became quite exciting near the end of this first cour where the middle episodes had me kinda ho humming, but finished strong and am looking forward to fall for the continuation.
Jun 27, 2013 6:16 PM

Jun 2012
Well Valvrave was crazy until the very end of this midseason finale, I need a break until October haha

Oh Jesus where to start with this show…

Valvrave relied on its heavily serialized nature to keep the audience interested. Now did these plot twists actually make itself more interesting? The results were hit and miss. Some were disappointing, such as the handling of the rape scene which was there for pure shock value and doesn’t really enhance the story in a meaningful way, while others were completely left field like Cain having magic powers.

Strip that away and what do you get? A wide character cast ranging from boring to bad ass. Shoko and L-Elf are pretty fun characters to follow, however you also have people like the NEET Akira and Thunder who are prime examples of the word one-dimensional.

When the series introduces itself, it does so as balls to the wall camp. You aren’t supposed to take the characters seriously at all and just enjoy the ride. Especially with a character named "L-Elf"( Why you name a character you can't even pronunce correctly Japan is beyond me) However as the anime progresses it slowly becomes more and more serious culminating with a controversial rape* scene. It’s not necessarily bad it became more serious but now Valvrave actually has to be good because they can’t go back to how the show was previously in the first half. It’s a fine line Sunrise has to walk now

Giving a “score” to a series like Valvrave is kind of difficult due to its polarizing nature. Looking in the grand scheme of things, what does Valvrave bring to the table? Not much I haven’t seen already, especially from a mecha viewpoint.

I want to stress I don't think Valvrave Part 1 is a "bad" show. In fact I was thoroughly entertained this first cour. However by that token, I'm not saying it's good either. There were times I found Valvrave unironically charming but a lot of that is mired under the repetitive nature of it's episode structure, writing and inconsistent tone(Either be bombastic or serious but I can't see you doing both Valvrave)

6 Eru-Erufus out of 10

Edit: Cleaned up the review
HybridMBLJun 28, 2013 11:19 AM
Jun 27, 2013 6:19 PM

Aug 2010
Well this show just got even crazier. Now we have a magic man lol! #JesusYamato
Jun 27, 2013 6:22 PM

Apr 2013
Tyrel said:
Welp. I can describe this series as being a "Troll/Funny" type, basically saying it was my go to for laughs and giggles. If it wasn't for all the laughs + gg's subs<3, I'd have dropped this show long ago.

5.5/10.
#YOLO, you're generous.. -.5 = 5/10
Jun 27, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2007
Part of me is sad we did not get yandere shouko yet, but then again, she still did not learn ANYTHING that happened, so that will most likely still happen. I am happy she at least did not get VVV, which means she will 100% die. Fuck yes.

WTF was the scene with Cain and Saki - don't pull EVOL on me Valvrave. Dont you dare. 99% sure that scene is taken out of context OR Cain ends up converting to good guys(explaining on how Golden Seven are Seven and not Six in future)

mixordia said:

GTFO, no, no no n o no. I'd rather L-elf be from future than this shit. It would be Evol all over again and I am sorry, but two shows can't be that shitty in one universe.
Jun 27, 2013 6:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That little kid who looks like L-Elf (is L-Elf) is so cute :) They're sure trying to keep the audience interested pulling in scenes like that from the future...

Akira's VVV hacks things? Awesome, fits her just perfectly. Her VA definitely did a great job. Well we already knew Cain was a sketchy person, so not that much of huge surprise there. But what was surprising was the organization that he was part of. And the blue haired AI that Haruto's AI called oniichan. What the hell are the Valvraves??? o_o

Wow Saki rejecting Haruto, not what I expected, but makes sense. I bet she doesn't want to be pitied, and she knows he likes Shouko. I'm liking her more and more. Well this season wasn't that great tbh...maybe if they made it as one season instead of two it would've been better.
Jun 27, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2013
Explain nothing, make more mysteries.

And then 'see you in the fall'? lol yeah.

Anyway, dat cc sakura staff...
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 27, 2013 6:29 PM

Jul 2007
Also notable is the fact that Shouko is COMPLETELY absent from S2 preview.
Jun 27, 2013 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
mixordia said:

That kid has Haruto's eyes.

I think its either Eru erufu x Saki/Haruto's kid or Eru erufu and Haruto's kid(I would not be surprised if this way actually possible).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 27, 2013 6:34 PM

Sep 2011
Sourire said:
Tyrel said:

5.5/10.
#YOLO, you're generous.. -.5 = 5/10

Ahaha. Well, 5.5 doesn't mean I'll round up my score :P. I'm leaning towards 5 or 6, but I'm not too sure.
Jun 27, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
rederoin said:
mixordia said:

That kid has Haruto's eyes.

I think its either Eru erufu x Saki/Haruto's kid or Eru erufu and Haruto's kid(I would not be surprised if this way actually possible).

L-11 x Saki(Haruto inside with space vampire power) = that child

Pretty much.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 27, 2013 6:36 PM

Jul 2007
Okay after gathering my thoughts about the stuff:

- So in future, 200 years form now we seem to have TWO factions - the one "Golden Seven" belongs to(vampires?) and the "Third Galactic Empire" which seems to be unification of various nations including Dorssia and was most likely started by Shoko.

Which leads even more towards Cain simply being a "well intentioned extremist", ala Soukou NO Strain's main "villain".

I smell this turning into a huge humans versus vampires conflict.
Jun 27, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2012
Can't believe I have to wait till the fall!

Does it seem likely that Haruto is the founder and that kid could be L-Elf and Shouko's kid or something?

Personally I prefer Haruto x Saki but thats just me.

Just too many possibilities at this point. But if only we knew who was the picture inside the locket. I guess that might be the foreshadow at the beginning.

Guess it's going to be a long couple of months.
Jun 27, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
meh. gave it a 6/10 cuz it's "fine". it's not bad, it's not good, it's just fine.
i appreciated the rape scene. it brought some lulz. too bad they didnt expand beyond that.
not sure about rukino walking to that colonel. better not see some NTR shit.
Jun 27, 2013 6:42 PM

Jul 2007
thebox11 said:
Can't believe I have to wait till the fall!

Does it seem likely that Haruto is the founder and that kid could be L-Elf and Shouko's kid or something?

Personally I prefer Haruto x Saki but thats just me.

Just too many possibilities at this point. But if only we knew who was the picture inside the locket. I guess that might be the foreshadow at the beginning.

Guess it's going to be a long couple of months.

It can't be Shouko's since its 200 years from now.

I am beginning to thing that L-Elf and Haruto are actually long lost siblings or something.
Jun 27, 2013 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
93% 5/5 O.O

Never expected to see that for this series.

Well looking forward to S2
Jun 27, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
Can't wait for season 2!
Jun 27, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2009
Fai said:
Also notable is the fact that Shouko is COMPLETELY absent from S2 preview.

Are you deaf or shippingshit blocks your ears? She speaks right before Saki.
Jun 27, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2011
Leave it to Sunrise to give an unbelievably exciting ending to get the hype going for another season. Seriously, the amount of ridiculousness in this anime is just brilliant! It's times like these that remind me why I fucking LOVE Sunrise. Need 2nd cour ASAP!!!!

8/10
Jun 27, 2013 6:57 PM

Oct 2007
kenshin_sama said:
Leave it to Sunrise to give an unbelievably exciting ending to get the hype going for another season. Seriously, the amount of ridiculousness in this anime is just brilliant! It's times like these that remind me why I fucking LOVE Sunrise. Need 2nd cour ASAP!!!!

8/10

Sunrise receiving actually love and appreciation for their efforts in a mecha show? What is this 1984? *gasp*

Seeing a post like this almost single handedly cancels out all the bullshit I've seen getting spewed at this show and it's creators for the better part of the season. Fuck the haters, they can't stop all people from enjoying this show no matter how hard they push, only those that have already made up their minds before the fact anyway.
Jun 27, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
kenshin_sama said:

8/10

Sunrise receiving actually love and appreciation for their efforts in a mecha show? What is this 1984? *gasp*

Seeing a post like this almost single handedly cancels out all the bullshit I've seen getting spewed at this show and it's creators for the better part of the season. Fuck the haters, they can't stop all people from enjoying this show no matter how hard they push, only those that have already made up their minds before the fact anyway.

Valvrave >>>>>>>>>>>> Geass. Yeah, I said it. Come at me, Onii-chan.
Jun 27, 2013 7:03 PM

Aug 2012
By far the most enjoyable show this season. 10/10
Jun 27, 2013 7:07 PM

Dec 2011
AKIRA KYAAAWAAAAIIII

I wanna bully her forever
Jun 27, 2013 7:09 PM

May 2013
Can't wait for second season.
Jun 27, 2013 7:10 PM

Jul 2007
taim said:

Akira was spoiled many episodes ago, but I honestly expected her to go berserk after Shoko died. Really surprised to see missus presidente still alive.

Mos tlikely putting her death into this would be too much even for VVV.

Also I am more convinced of her turning evil than dying now.
Jun 27, 2013 7:10 PM
Jun 2013
Saki rejected Haruto's proposal though i still hope they get together in the end.. guess its to be expected for now.. but whats with their conversation?

what sort of things could she be referring to? wasn't she a virgin till Haruto.. just what kind of past did she have?
Jun 27, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
WOW...Seriously? 9/10

Probably the best episode in the season. Left me with more questions than answers but definitely enjoyed the episode. Cain called Haruto a "third gen"...Probably, humans wiped out VV-tan & Blue's vampire-fairy kin sometime in the past.
IF YOU DON’T SHIP MY OTP, I SWEAR TO GOD I’ll be okay with that.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.