Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
Sourire said:
Probably my favorite show this season with SnK.. I hope we get a season 2 soon. Overall this anime gets 9/10 for me; could've been 10/10 if most of the stuff happening wasn't so cliché.. Hachiman alone makes this show one of my favorite romance/comedy shows ever.

Went from 7.98 to 8.13 in a week, lets hope it keeps going up!

Now the hipsters will give it very low rates because of what I've bold .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 28, 2013 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
I don't get why people keep mentioning "lame ending" etc??
The real ending was supposed to be last week.
As the title says, this episode is just an extra.

Now, admittedly this isn't such a great episode either but I read somewhere that this episode was directed/co-directed/whatever by Watari Wataru himself and that the guy had no prior experience about directing an anime, so what do you expect?
Jun 28, 2013 10:46 AM

Nov 2008
This was supposed to be a Comedy and yet this is the first episode in a long time that has made me laugh. It has been focused too much on other more serious stuff. It is refreshing for a series of this genre but I don't like it when the main character depreciates himself.

Still it was an enjoyable anime, looking forward to a new season. 8/10
Jun 28, 2013 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
I ended up enjoying this show much more than i thought i would. Hachiman's character definitely makes the show.
Jun 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
This anime started of a bit weak but slowly become on of the best anime of this season.
The characters where pretty well thought out also found the relationships between characters more realistic than what we usually see especially sibling relationship.
It was less romance driven than the name lets on tho there where signs of romance it wasn't to the point where you could make out a clear relationship between the characters.
Only Yuigahama stood out with her feelings.
I also liked the rivalry between characters especially that of Yukino and Yumiko which went a bit far some times tho.

What i also praise is the way this anime dealt with BL which was done in such a way that people didn't make a big deal about it on the forums.
BL is a topic growing in popularity and it's at the point now that it appears even in normal anime regularly and increasingly.
Jun 28, 2013 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Ajunky said:
Lame ending IMO (it's anime original, so what can we expect?). Nonetheless, really good overall. 8/10

Actually, this was just an Extra Episode. EP 12 was the real ending.
"I do not know where this love will take me..."
Jun 28, 2013 11:07 AM

Dec 2012
It is truly a sad day when such a great anime comes to a close. Although there is going to be an OVA, the hole in my heart will remain empty till it comes out or when a Season 2 is announced. The amount of enjoyment I've received each week from waiting in anticipation of this anime is unfathomable :> I'm going to miss the pessimistic Hachiman and his strange yet profound and honest interpretations of life.

There better be a Second Season! Or else :L

9/10
Jun 28, 2013 11:09 AM

Feb 2010
For once, you actually get a lonely negative MC that does do the part. But, sadly, he's been placed in a generic and cliche setting. He's not unique or anything, it's because they're so rare as an MC in "anime" .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2013 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
I am disappointed... we got no sense of closure at all. And who had the idea to turn this series into shounen slapstick? Not to mention that planning in first half of this episode was copypasta of previous festival arc. Bad decision to make the last ep the only one filler of the show. Who cares about that yaoi fangirl and crazy otaku freak? Only good thing was that Saber armor reference.

Where was that clever writing? What about Hikki and Yukinoshita relation? What about her relation to her mother?

This series started very promising and main characters were good but sometimes it felt so random. This anime did have some original ideas but they lacked clear direction, some centerpoint it would revolve around.

In the end I asked myself a question - what this anime was really about? And sadly, I really don't know.
There were so many plot themes but it didn't work together.
I have been thinking this through but in the end this is the reason I give it 5/10.
It was not bad but it would take more effort for this to stand out.
Jun 28, 2013 11:14 AM

Jul 2012
Did I just hear the Batman soundtrack during the OP? Or did it never happen?
Jun 28, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
I will miss this series :(

9/10
Jun 28, 2013 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Mich666 said:
I am disappointed... we got no sense of closure at all. And who had the idea to turn this series into shounen slapstick? Not to mention that planning in first half of this episode was copypasta of previous festival arc. Bad decision to make the last ep the only one filler of the show. Who cares about that yaoi fangirl and crazy otaku freak? Only good thing was that Saber armor reference.

Where was that clever writing? What about Hikki and Yukinoshita relation? What about her relation to her mother?

This series started very promising and main characters were good but sometimes it felt so random. This anime did have some original ideas but they lacked clear direction, some centerpoint it would revolve around.

In the end I asked myself a question - what this anime was really about? And sadly, I really don't know.
There were so many plot themes but it didn't work together.
I have been thinking this through but in the end this is the reason I give it 5/10.
It was not bad but it would take more effort for this to stand out.

It has nothing to do with the story , it's just a filler . This isnt a battle shounen where you can enjoy the fight . It's like the episode 13th of Haganai . It had nothing to do with the novel.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 28, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
Sourire said:
Probably my favorite show this season with SnK.. I hope we get a season 2 soon. Overall this anime gets 9/10 for me; could've been 10/10 if most of the stuff happening wasn't so cliché.. Hachiman alone makes this show one of my favorite romance/comedy shows ever.

Went from 7.98 to 8.13 in a week, lets hope it keeps going up!

Now the hipsters will give it very low rates because of what I've bold .
lets hope not :)
Jun 28, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
Kidele said:

probably ur fansub just trolling with you
just use the 2nd audio track
Jun 28, 2013 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Saber Lily's armor cameo and the mention of Master Asia's Red East sea were nice touches.
Can't wait for "certain" season 2 of this.

Browomans?!
Jun 28, 2013 11:38 AM

Oct 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
It has nothing to do with the story , it's just a filler . This isnt a battle shounen where you can enjoy the fight . It's like the episode 13th of Haganai . It had nothing to do with the novel.

That may be right but if that's true they shouldn't include it into the series and make it OVA instead (because, you know, this series already has another OVA coming in summer). As last ep this was really unnecessary.
And yes, episode 12 felt more like an ending to me but as LN is still running there were some loose ends and if this don't get its second season it would be very unsatisfying.
Mich666Jun 28, 2013 11:46 AM
Jun 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
Well, overall it was an enjoyable ride. It was an anime original ending of course, but it was still a nice way to end things off. It was pretty funny and just gave us a nice closing. I can only hope for a 2nd season to see more progression in the romance department, I mean it feels like Saika has a better chance with Hachiman versus Yui and Yukino.

Really liked it overall though.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 28, 2013 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
I could barely breathe when Totsuka kept making every guy fall for him :p. Really enjoyed this series, was both fun and insightful. Easily an 8 or 9 in my book.
Jun 28, 2013 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
Kidele said:

Lol I also did. Pretty sure one of the sub groups did it. Everyone needs to see that. It was just too damn funny.
Jun 28, 2013 12:15 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
"Hachiman, Hachiman" All the guys fall down to his cuteness. Also great distraction by Hikky using himself as bait. It would have been a great win, but they got disqualified. Yuigahama-chan always being cute in anyway she can too.

Well now we wait for the OVA to be aired sometime this summer.

Jun 28, 2013 12:18 PM

May 2013
Hmmmm. Great anime 8/10 Hmmm im sad though all of my favorite anime are ending
Jun 28, 2013 12:20 PM
Aug 2011
Much like Hataraku Maou-sama both series had kind of an unneeded 13th episode.

The saving grace of this episode was THAT HACHIMAN X SAIKA OTP.
nnnnnnnnnngggggggggghhhhhh my heart <3

The series itself was somewhere between a 6 and a 7 for me.
The truest gem of this show was 8man, he was just a fantastic MC.
Jun 28, 2013 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
Meh, as expected from a filler.

Last chapter should've been the ending.
Jun 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Apr 2011
Last Episode WERE ending. If you guys thought you will get something serious and deep you were wrong ...as expected.

Anyway volume 7 get prologue and two chapters are translated on bakatsuki already, which is quite fast considering month ago there were nothing. I am going read it now :D
Jun 28, 2013 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
Tenzen12 said:
Last Episode WERE ending. If you guys thought you will get something serious and deep you were wrong ...as expected.

I knew it was going to be filler, that's exactly why it shouldn't be the last episode.
Sep 2012
Stealth Hikki. That is all.

9/10

Oct 2012
wondering if here will be a season 2 D:
Jun 28, 2013 12:35 PM

Oct 2012
Vanisher said:
Tenzen12 said:

I knew it was going to be filler, that's exactly why it shouldn't be the last episode.

it continues after the cultural festival clearly states therefore is worthy of a final ep.
Jun 28, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2007

Goodbye 8man until the next season.
Jun 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Oct 2012
DeadEnd201X said:

what makes you think there will be a 2nd season?
Jun 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
ss4chris said:
DeadEnd201X said:

Dont enrage the hounds , mate . You might get ate alive or get burnt on a woodstick.
Jun 28, 2013 12:59 PM
Jun 2013
Vanisher said:
Tenzen12 said:

I actually prefer the filler episode at the end. As a little bonus. I think people would have been more upset if it were episode 4 or so, because it would break up the pacing of the show. There are already a lot of people (on other message boards) who considered the first 1-4 episodes to be "slow". According to them the show really started to get interesting after Hikki's "nice girl" speech in episode 5. Adding another "slow" (uneventful) episode to the beginning would only make more people drop the show. I don't think that would have been a good decision.

It would have been difficult to squeeze this episode in anywhere between episode 5-12. Episode 5 ended with Hikki and Yui drifting apart. Wouldn't make sense to have this episode there now would it? From 7-8 they were on that trip. At the end of episode 8, Yukino and Hikki were the ones who grew apart. Putting it here wouldn't make sense either, since it took like 3 episodes for them to reconcile.

Also, the content wouldn't make sense, since in episode 13 everyone is reasonably close and chummy, and it took 12 episodes for these characters to get to that comfort level.

Now you could say that you just didn't like the content of the episode. Which is fine and understandable. Instead of doing this episode they could have for instance explored some of the side characters more during the summer break (episode 9). There was quite a bit of content they could have explored there (Sensei date, Saika date, uh... other stuff).

However, that would have meant that we would have to sit through two episodes without Yukino. And Brains Base made it very clear that their anime adaption focuses on the three main characters.

So, in conclusion, I think it was a pretty good decision to have the filler episode be the last one. It was fairly funny and it ends the show on a lighter note.

But you know, that´s just my opinion.
Jun 28, 2013 1:00 PM

May 2013
DevilInDisguise said:
Zel_Ezl said:

LOL ,Who Teach Him Haki From One Piece

LOL. Just out of the topic, I wonder if Sanji-kun meet up with Totsuka for the first time. I bet at first he will be like this:

And after he knows that Totsuka is a guy, I bet he will go like this:

Jun 28, 2013 1:19 PM

Oct 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
ss4chris said:
DeadEnd201X said:

Dont enrage the hounds , mate . You might get ate alive or get burnt on a woodstick.

lol what hounds? i see naive fools like you.

at least type properly if you're going to reply.
Jun 28, 2013 1:21 PM

Feb 2012
Wasn't expecting anything great from this episode after hearing it wasn't adapted from the LN. Overall I thought this was a pretty decent series. I'd watch a second season if it was ever made, then again if it doesn't I really wouldn't care.
StardustCharismaJun 28, 2013 1:27 PM
Jun 28, 2013 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Hachiman, great character, learned so much from him, made this anime so good to watch.
Jun 28, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
ss4chris said:
BloodyNightsky said:
ss4chris said:
DeadEnd201X said:

lol what hounds? i see naive fools like you.

at least type properly if you're going to reply.

I see a failed troll . Also , can a fool be something else but naive?
Just wondering....did you took what I posted literally?
If so , you either are indeed trolling or ..... you must have said that to the mirror when you looked at one.
I have a vast experience with trolls , I havent been successfully trolled , yet .
Jun 28, 2013 1:33 PM
Feb 2013
this anime is just a normal sice of life story, but i wonder why i really love it XD
hachiman, anata wa saikyou da!!!!!
Jun 28, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 2010
SairoJ said:
Ajunky said:
Lame ending IMO (it's anime original, so what can we expect?). Nonetheless, really good overall. 8/10

Actually, this was just an Extra Episode. EP 12 was the real ending.

Yeah, whatever.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 28, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good series, 8/10. Hoping we get a S2 soon :) One thing that really bugged me though was the overuse of the trap, it just wasn't funny after the 8th time or 10th time.
Jun 28, 2013 1:52 PM

Jan 2008
Well, that's that. Never really like the SNAFU part of the title; makes me feel like they're trying too hard with the buzzwords.

I liked the Saber Lily homage at least.
Jun 28, 2013 1:57 PM

May 2009
This is one of a few series this season that I surprisingly enjoyed throughout the episodes. Brains Base keeps piling up anime that I enjoy.
Jun 28, 2013 2:17 PM

May 2013
I enjoyed this anime, would love to see a season 2.

9/10
Jun 28, 2013 2:19 PM

Apr 2009
Another great anime with a lot of potential with a pretty lackluster ending.. 8/10.. TBH i didnt really feel like this anime ever lived up to the 'romance' in its title and genre.
Jun 28, 2013 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
xAvengerx said:
Pretty good series, 8/10. Hoping we get a S2 soon :) One thing that really bugged me though was the overuse of the trap, it just wasn't funny after the 8th time or 10th time.
True that...also was disappointed they didnt use more time to develop relationships
Jun 28, 2013 2:28 PM
Jul 2012
10/10, best series this season. At first I was surprised, now I am just really impressed.
I want s2.
Jun 28, 2013 2:29 PM

Jun 2012
Not too bad at all. 8man is a great character and I definitely enjoyed his monologues.

Season 2 might not come for a while, b/c brains base burned through 6 light novels, but when it does come I'll be ready.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 28, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was rather underwhelming compared to the rest, but that wasn't a surprise. I did, however, get a decent share of laughs from it. "STERASU HIKKI"
Overall, this series gets the highest damn 9/10 possible from me. Loved 8man and Yukino, a good chunk of the supporting characters were great as well (ESPECIALLY Shizuka. Sensei OTP plz), the dialogue was superb, 8man's loser philosophy was surprisingly insightful and it was a very enjoyable and refreshing series.
It's sad to know that we'll need to wait at least 2 years for another season, but I can wait.
Jun 28, 2013 2:41 PM

Feb 2012
Wow this episode was so intense, especially the boys fight part, with generals and stuff, loved it.

Enjoyed the series a lot, really hoping for S2 even in a year or two.
Jun 28, 2013 2:52 PM

Apr 2011
Loved this anime, I'm really going to miss seeing it next week. I hope this makes the light novels more popular and it garners a second season.

Hachiman 4 best MC of the season easily.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

375 by CrunchyRoles »»
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.