Forum Settings
Forums

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Manga to End in 3 Chapters

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 23, 2013 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
mrbakchoi888 said:
what is this about the manga ending in chapter 100 instead of 87?can someone clarify if its actually ending in chapter 100 and not 87 or was it just a mistake or they counted the short chapters(the ones with .5 after them).i really hope it ends in chapter 100 as i love this manga and dont want it to end yet.

I'm pretty sure it is MAL's mistake, since it's pretty official that there's only 87 chapters, I mean it even said so in the actual manga. idk why MAL did that, they used to have 87 too I just realized the change recently.
Sep 23, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
BlackAngel5 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:
what is this about the manga ending in chapter 100 instead of 87?can someone clarify if its actually ending in chapter 100 and not 87 or was it just a mistake or they counted the short chapters(the ones with .5 after them).i really hope it ends in chapter 100 as i love this manga and dont want it to end yet.

I'm pretty sure it is MAL's mistake, since it's pretty official that there's only 87 chapters, I mean it even said so in the actual manga. idk why MAL did that, they used to have 87 too I just realized the change recently.

me too i was just updating my manga list and i saw the change i think its including the .5 chapters or its a mistake because so of the other manga series that are completed had more chapters on MAL than actually updated but i counted the .5 chapters and it added up to the number stated on MAL.thanks for the clarification though and sad that this series is ending i hope they announce a second season of the anime.
Sep 23, 2013 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
mrbakchoi888 said:
BlackAngel5 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:

me too i was just updating my manga list and i saw the change i think its including the .5 chapters or its a mistake because so of the other manga series that are completed had more chapters on MAL than actually updated but i counted the .5 chapters and it added up to the number stated on MAL.thanks for the clarification though and sad that this series is ending i hope they announce a second season of the anime.

Oh okay thanks XD Nice that you counted it, I don't really realize the .5 chapters that much. It is sad that it's ending, it was pretty good and I know people who are completely obsessed about it, although it was just okay to me, I think my hype went down because the manga was going off on a weird tangent, I hope they get a second season too although it's pretty unlikely, but u never know~ (Also, a second season to skip beat! XD)
Sep 23, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2012
If you think MAL database has incorrect data for a manga, you could post it in this DB modification request forum here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?subboard=5
Explain the mistake and a DB mods would gladly help correct the error if it proves to be a real error. If it is not, the DB mods could explain why - for example they can confirm if the .5 chapters are counted for this manga.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 25, 2013 12:58 AM

May 2013
I can't understand why its anime adaptation covers only 32-36 chapters, maybe now that it ended we will see a new season?They could easily release another season with 26+ episodes,I am pretty sure it would be popular as hell if that ever happened,but many animes just stop airing at the middle just to never continue again, I really liked the anime ending but still looking forward to another season.
Sep 25, 2013 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
SanjiCC said:
I can't understand why its anime adaptation covers only 32-36 chapters, maybe now that it ended we will see a new season?They could easily release another season with 26+ episodes,I am pretty sure it would be popular as hell if that ever happened,but many animes just stop airing at the middle just to never continue again, I really liked the anime ending but still looking forward to another season.

i dont think its the fact that they lacked material to animate(maybe at that time there wasnt enough)but i read on other sites that a second season is highly unlikely due to poor sales in Japan which saddens me because i really want a second season.like most things i read/watch i dont like it ending on cliffhangers or unfinished unless another season has already been confirmed.
Sep 25, 2013 9:08 PM
Aug 2009
Series wasn't too popular so it never made it into a 2nd season. Tho, now I'm starting to doubt that cause nowadays, anime that are total shit are making second* seasons. Read the last chapter, the manga will be missed~ Was expecting more tho, mainly them going back to Britain and settle things with Usui's side family.
CitrixSep 25, 2013 9:18 PM
Sep 25, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
Citrix said:
Tho, now I'm starting to doubt that cause nowadays, anime that are total shit are making season seasons.
Perhaps that is because a lot more people consider it total treasure instead of total shit LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 25, 2013 9:26 PM
Aug 2009
symbv said:
Citrix said:
Tho, now I'm starting to doubt that cause nowadays, anime that are total shit are making season seasons.
Perhaps that is because a lot more people consider it total treasure instead of total shit LOL

corrected to second seasons but I don't remember animes like Symphogear, Tamayura, Hyakka Ryouran, or Date @ Live really becoming...treasures..
Sep 25, 2013 9:44 PM

Sep 2012
Citrix said:
corrected to second seasons but I don't remember animes like Symphogear, Tamayura, Hyakka Ryouran, or Date @ Live really becoming...treasures..
You don't remember because you are not one of those who consider those anime as treasure. It has nothing to do with what YOU remember or think, but what most others think. Stop being self-centered and you should be able to see a broader picture LOL

Sep 25, 2013 10:06 PM
Aug 2009
symbv said:
Citrix said:
You don't remember because you are not one of those who consider those anime as treasure. It has nothing to do with what YOU remember or think, but what most others think. Stop being self-centered and you should be able to see a broader picture LOL

Err...I'm basing it based on comments? I never watched those but I visit the sites of the groups that subbed it and see a negative comments on it often, as well as negative comments the announcement forums, and not just a few but a majority of the comments. So don't assume I'm using my own personal opinion. If I used my opinion, they would just be shit since they didn't appeal to my taste of....iuno...seizing inducing colors and comedy?

And the anime I picked were also..low low low on the popularity rankings.
CitrixSep 25, 2013 10:11 PM
Sep 25, 2013 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
Citrix said:
Err...I'm basing it based on comments? I never watched those but I visit the sites of the groups that subbed it and see a negative comments on it often, as well as negative comments the announcement forums, and not just a few but a majority of the comments. So don't assume I'm using my own personal opinion. If I used my opinion, they would just be shit since they didn't appeal to my taste of....iuno...seizing inducing colors and comedy?
Well, if you want to talk about which anime gets another season, comments in western forums or any overseas forum would not count, don't you agree? What counts is what consumers in Japan think about the anime. And if enough of them think the anime is treasure, so much so that they buy the BD/DVD or the original manga or the merchandise, then surely it will get another season. Simple as that. Beside, from what I read in this forum, I do think there are quite a number of people who think Tamayura is a treasure, at the very least.

Sep 25, 2013 10:24 PM

Jun 2013
symbv said:
Citrix said:
Well, if you want to talk about which anime gets another season, comments in western forums or any overseas forum would not count, don't you agree? What counts is what consumers in Japan think about the anime. And if enough of them think the anime is treasure, so much so that they buy the BD/DVD or the original manga or the merchandise, then surely it will get another season. Simple as that. Beside, from what I read in this forum, I do think there are quite a number of people who think Tamayura is a treasure, at the very least.

do you think its kind of unfair how everything is based on sales of BD/DVD in Japan?because i live in the US and i want other series to have more seasons but theres no way i can do that because in the US(at least where i live)only the most popular anime/manga are licensed and it wouldnt even matter whether or not it does good in america because it is already popular in japan.
Sep 25, 2013 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
mrbakchoi888 said:
do you think its kind of unfair how everything is based on sales of BD/DVD in Japan?because i live in the US and i want other series to have more seasons but theres no way i can do that because in the US(at least where i live)only the most popular anime/manga are licensed and it wouldnt even matter whether or not it does good in america because it is already popular in japan.
If you want to ask the question of fairness, perhaps you should think about the revenues generated by anime in Japan compared to US. In US the license fee generated is a pittance because to Japan they consider it as a marketing thing, and there is not much other revenue to speak of in terms of merchandising. So they aim to recoup the cost only with the business generated in Japan. And if the consumers in Japan are doing all the things that support the anime production, be it buying the BD/DVD, the original manga/LN/game or the figures and merchandise, don't you think it is only fair that popularity in Japan determines what anime gets another season??
symbvSep 25, 2013 10:54 PM

Oct 4, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2010
Who the hell keeps messing with the total chapters? Cut it out, betch.

The FINAL chapter is 85, so please quit messing with the information.

You figure the mods would stop approving the random changes...
It's been a while...
Oct 30, 2013 2:39 AM
Oct 2013
Hey guys, I'm new to My Anime List and this is my first reply. Right now there are 85 chapters of the Maid Sama manga released and I was wondering if there will be more? Really love this anime/manga, and I guess we have no hope at all for an Anime Season 2?
Oct 30, 2013 5:24 AM
Dec 2010
Levinate said:
Hey guys, I'm new to My Anime List and this is my first reply. Right now there are 85 chapters of the Maid Sama manga released and I was wondering if there will be more? Really love this anime/manga, and I guess we have no hope at all for an Anime Season 2?

Series sold 1,730 average per vol which is a pretty pathetic number so don't bother holding your breath for a sequel. Shoujo manga adaptations are slowly dying, seems everyone in Japan are flocking to adapt Otome games.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
Today, 9:22 AM

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.